View Poll Results: Are we better with melo? or without?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better fa sho!

18 66.67%
  • Nah, Raygov Wilsonari > Melo

5 18.52%
  • We get out of the second round in the playoffs with melo

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: With the final proposal, are the knicks better with or without Melo? Make your call

Thumbs up With the final proposal, are the knicks better with or without Melo? Make your call

"The Nuggets appear to be closing in on a deal to trade star forward Carmelo Anthony to the New York Knicks.

The teams talked through the weekend and are working out the final details of what would be a blockbuster trade. NBA commissioner David Stern did not want a major trade announced on the day of the All-Star Game.
    While final details were still being negotiated, the latest trade offer includes New York sending guard Raymond Felton, forwards Wilson Chand-ler and Danilo Gallinari, centers Timofey Mozgov and Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick to the Nuggets for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter or Renaldo Balkman, according to NBA sources.
    "I said I hoped to have a word by today, one way or another," Anthony said Sunday after the All-Star Game at the Staples Center. "I've been up early dealing with this and all the festivities, but the night is still young on this side (of the country)."

Billups
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf/Williams

felton
    fields
    gallo
    amare
    turiaf/mozgov

I VOTE, WE ARE BETTER WITH MELO.....DUH!

I gotta agree, as much as I hate giving Denver everyone, we would be good with Melo. But at this Point with everything I couldnt careless if we get Carmelo or not

I want Balkman!

Veteran

I tentatively vote YES, but (crosspost):

But this is some bull****. And I don't blame Melo.

We should have taken it on ourselves to be the biggest mensch in this situation.

Melo doesn't "deserve" ****, really. Coming to MSG, joining a contender, and being worth 150M and god knows what else in future endorsements...That is what we could have offered him, and if he doesn't think he deserves that....well, **** outta luck son, have fun in a NJ basement and look at your bank account after ever lame season loss and get a therapist to make you feel better about it.

I personally don't think he'd do this. He would come here, regardless of not getting his "dream" desire. Because we still offer the dream, the best dream, even if it's not sating his every whim.

This is us bending over, desperation style, cloying for him. Weakness, crumpled solidity, desperation, internal conflict...this infiltrated our negotiations and front office. Surprise surprise.

It's not that is trade isn't better for our franchise (I think it is), or that Melo won't be tremendous (I think he will be).

But the loss of respect, trust, and dignity it represents. And the loss of a much shrewder, superior plan. Which still included Melo.

Finally, this bodes horribly for us ever actually winning a chip, IMHO. Especially if Walsh now goes. This isn't going to make us mint. And the way we went about this, in the end, shouldn't inspire confidence in anyone that we make the necessary future moves to actually be a legit contender in this day's NBA.

Veteran

Billups better not beef about coming to NY. He can still ball, better than Ray, it's all on him. By himself Melo is not worth all these guys, Denver got a very good deal.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I want Balkman!
    I'm right there with you.

I think this deal is done by 8:00 tonight and we keep moz.

Veteran

The Knicks are better with 'Melo.

But they could be better if they worked out a better deal for him.

In the end, I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work.

Better in the immediate with Melo, hopefully they can flip Billups for someone.

But the Knicks could have worked out a deal where they gave up less, we were bidding against ourselves.

Superstar

Default Mozgov?

When did Mozgov become part of the deal?

Without Mozgov, one could argue that even if we got Melo as a free agent we would have to give up Chandler because of his cap hold and that, therefore, were were essentially trading Melo for Gallinari and Billups for Felton. I have never been a Felton fan -- he shoots too much, and not that well, for a point guard. Even though I really like Gallinari and will be disappointed to see him go, Melo is plainly an upgrade at SF.

The down side is that Melo and Amar'e shoot a lot, and need the ball. Melo, particularly, is a ball movement stopper. And neither plays much defense. Moreover, Melo's and Amar'e's contracts will soon be over a combined $40M per year. We are going to have real cap problems going forward.

If Mozgov is added to the trade, this is an Isiah like move. I do not like it. I would have preferred to just wait and I would not really care if Melo went to the Nets. I enjoy watching a developing "team." I do not believe that Melo is going to make us an elite team.

I expect the trade to happen, but I cannot believe that Mozgov will be added to Gallinari, Chandler and Felton. With the max contracts for Amar'e and Melo and an expected reduction in cap space uner a new CBA, I do not see cap room for any third "star."

Veteran

No, an Isiah move would be trading these guys for Kevin Martin. At least Melo is a legit superstar.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I want Balkman!
    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I'm right there with you.
    Balkman will get less minutes than AR did.

Originally Posted by p0nder
    I think this deal is done by 8:00 tonight and we keep moz.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Billups better not beef about coming to NY. He can still ball, better than Ray, it's all on him. By himself Melo is not worth all these guys, Denver got a very good deal.
    I don't think Billups will beef. He said he has 3 years left in him at Xmas.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Better in the immediate with Melo, hopefully they can flip Billups for someone.

But the Knicks could have worked out a deal where they gave up less, we were bidding against ourselves.
    Yep. It took the Shaman of ****heads to step in and suck all the wrong weiners.

Smell my finger....That's pure Zeke.

To answer the poll, I think we'll still hover around .500.

You might be right on Balkman.. Unfortunately his lack of a 3pt shot will prevent him from playing.. or even a consistent mid for that matter..He's a spark plug on defense tho

Superstar

i'd want birdman too....but ya it does make a better team in the long run. This move won't really help us this year however.