View Poll Results: Are we better with melo? or without?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better fa sho!

18 66.67%
  • Nah, Raygov Wilsonari > Melo

5 18.52%
  • We get out of the second round in the playoffs with melo

4 14.81%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: With the final proposal, are the knicks better with or without Melo? Make your call

So that's what this is about? A few more wins? Gut the team for a few more wins? We will still be a 6th seed, 1st round playoff exit. So not much different.

This is supposed to be about getting a championship. We will not be championship contenders with this deal. And we will not have the space or assets to build a contender. Mark my words. This will bite us in the ass eventually. When the new CBA comes out and there is a lower cap and no MLE, don't start complaining when we're stuck with Melo, Amare, no Center, no PG, and only minimum salary scrubs to fill the roster.

Yet, if Melo waits until the summer, we're championship contenders next year. Sadly noone sees the big picture. Just a few more wins is all that matters. I would be just as happy losing in the playoffs without Melo as I would with. Actually probably more happy without.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So that's what this is about? A few more wins? Gut the team for a few more wins? We will still be a 6th seed, 1st round playoff exit. So not much different.

This is supposed to be about getting a championship. We will not be championship contenders with this deal. And we will not have the space or assets to build a contender. Mark my words. This will bite us in the ass eventually. When the new CBA comes out and there is a lower cap and no MLE, don't start complaining when we're stuck with Melo, Amare, no Center, no PG, and only minimum salary scrubs to fill the roster.

Yet, if Melo waits until the summer, we're championship contenders next year. Sadly noone sees the big picture. Just a few more wins is all that matters. I would be just as happy losing in the playoffs without Melo as I would with. Actually probably more happy without.

Melo waiting to the summer is not an option. Stop repeating this as if the Knicks somehow think it is an option but rather trade form him. Melo will go to NJ if we fail to get him or he will sign with Denver. There is too much on the table with the looming CBA for him to gamble in FA. Further he wants to end all the media nonsense and get back to playing ball and has no desire to keep the speculation and frenzy going for another 6 months.

Superstar

there will be a dearth of veterans that would love to play with 2 superstars for cheap.

Miami has a ton of players making way less than they should.

Veteran

The Knicks are better this season without Melo....

The Knicks have done a fairly well (great-job) with their new players meshing together. The brewing chemistry of young-players Douglas, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, and Turiaf on offense/defense has been a rewarding performance from a group of outstanding role-players in their first season together.
    Over 80% of the mistakes and flaws we seen early in the season from this group of role-players has dissapeared from their team performance.

Should this group of high velocity role-players be given a 2nd-season to improve their team-chemistry for next season?
    The Knicks been lacking a defensive presence in the paint to stop oponents from scoring in the paint. Does adding Melo fix this problem?
    The Knicks been getting outrebounded all season by oponents. does adding Carmelo help this problem? when our SG rookie Landry Fields average more rebounds than Carmelo.

Amare is the Knicks high scoring Foward, does the Knicks need another high scoring foward or a high scoring Guard?
    If u had the choice of trading Eddy Curry contract on the deadline for SF-Melo or SG-Ellis to add to the Knicks, which player would be your choice???

P.S. Douglas & Fields defensive pressure backing-up Felton & Ellis would be the start of a dynamic 4-Guard backcourt rotation.

clearly, better. Not even debateable, IMO

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Melo waiting to the summer is not an option. Stop repeating this as if the Knicks somehow think it is an option but rather trade form him. Melo will go to NJ if we fail to get him or he will sign with Denver. There is too much on the table with the looming CBA for him to gamble in FA. Further he wants to end all the media nonsense and get back to playing ball and has no desire to keep the speculation and frenzy going for another 6 months.
    And this is why I dislike Melo. Max guys are still going to be paid handsomely. The league is not going to screw over the players that are the face of the NBA. There are other free agents coming out this year. Yet you don't hear any of them complaining. Chandler, Z-Bo, Crawford, Tyson Chandler. All these guys are looking at potentially 30-50% cuts in their salary. The middle guys are the ones that stand to lose the most. Yet we only hear Melo complaining.

Melo has made over $100 mil in his career. He will be fine. And with the endorsements in NY, he can make up much of the difference.

He said he would be willing to take a pay cut to win a championship. He said he doesn't want to go to a team that has to gut it's roster to get him. This was all bullsh*t.

I don't think we're ever going to win a championship with a player like that. He's quite well known here in CO for not listenting to Coach Karl because he just wants to get his points. Now he's being selfish again. Give him that money. Forget about bringing a championship to NY. Just give him that money.

Everybody will love him this year and will be dazzled by him scoring a lot of points. But watch how quickly the NY media turns on him next year. It will be interesting to open up these threads in a year or two. Marbury all over again?

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    You might be right on Balkman.. Unfortunately his lack of a 3pt shot will prevent him from playing.. or even a consistent mid for that matter..He's a spark plug on defense tho
    doesnt turiaf play? he doesnt have a 3 pt shot.....or any shot as a matter of fact

If Billups is coming to NY with the intention of playing & not asking for an immediate buyout, then this trade makes the Knicks infinitely better.

Did I read correctly? Are people in this thread really asking for Balkman?

Gary Forbes would be a great back up for Fields.

Originally Posted by Toons
    doesnt turiaf play? he doesnt have a 3 pt shot.....or any shot as a matter of fact
    You can't be a wing player for Dantoni and not possess any perimeter skills..

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Did I read correctly? Are people in this thread really asking for Balkman?
    His work ethic is a major problem, I would much rather bring back Patrick Ewing Jr. if we're looking for another athletic wing player.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Billups better not beef about coming to NY. He can still ball, better than Ray, it's all on him. By himself Melo is not worth all these guys, Denver got a very good deal.
    This.

Imo Billups is the key whether this trade will be a good one or not. We all know that Melo can ball, but you still need a solid PG and a solid bench /legit big man to have success in this league.

I'm not a big Felton fan, but what I have seen from Billups this season ain't hyping me up about him coming to NYC....and there is talk about him not wanting to get traded...he might turn into a huge bust here.

I don't have a good feeling about this trade. I want Melo no doubt, but I think our offer is too much. I'd like to keep either Chandler or Felton or at least involve Telfair or Ridnour in that Minnesota deal to get another PG in case Billups flops.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    And this is why I dislike Melo. Max guys are still going to be paid handsomely. The league is not going to screw over the players that are the face of the NBA. There are other free agents coming out this year. Yet you don't hear any of them complaining. Chandler, Z-Bo, Crawford, Tyson Chandler. All these guys are looking at potentially 30-50% cuts in their salary. The middle guys are the ones that stand to lose the most. Yet we only hear Melo complaining.

Melo has made over $100 mil in his career. He will be fine. And with the endorsements in NY, he can make up much of the difference.

He said he would be willing to take a pay cut to win a championship. He said he doesn't want to go to a team that has to gut it's roster to get him. This was all bullsh*t.

I don't think we're ever going to win a championship with a player like that. He's quite well known here in CO for not listenting to Coach Karl because he just wants to get his points. Now he's being selfish again. Give him that money. Forget about bringing a championship to NY. Just give him that money.

Everybody will love him this year and will be dazzled by him scoring a lot of points. But watch how quickly the NY media turns on him next year. It will be interesting to open up these threads in a year or two. Marbury all over again?
    Jeez. Enough with the judging of a dude for not wanting to gamble $15+ mil with no guarantees about the CBA. What if their are franchise tags? What if he tears his patella riding out the season in Denver? There are many things that could happen to ether:

a. make him earn much less than otherwise would happen by extending.

b. have him end up on another team than Knicks

I don't understand how anyone can fault the guy for wanting to come to the team you root for. I don't understand how you can fault him for not wanting to gamble with more money then probably every poster on this site will ever make combined. I don't see how you can fault a guy for wanting to make his move now and not endure many more months of uncertainty, speculation and media frenzy. That **** gets tiring real quick.

P.S. Comparing Melo and Marbury is a few steps too far. Melo has shown he can be a facilitator in this offense as a member of Team USA. He has many more facets to his game then you give him credit for including rebounding, something we really need.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Jeez. Enough with the judging of a dude for not wanting to gamble $15+ mil with no guarantees about the CBA. What if their are franchise tags? What if he tears his patella riding out the season in Denver? There are many things that could happen to ether:

a. make him earn much less than otherwise would happen by extending.

b. have him end up on another team than Knicks

I don't understand how anyone can fault the guy for wanting to come to the team you root for. I don't understand how you can fault him for not wanting to gamble with more money then probably every poster on this site will ever make combined. I don't see how you can fault a guy for wanting to make his move now and not endure many more months of uncertainty, speculation and media frenzy. That **** gets tiring real quick.

P.S. Comparing Melo and Marbury is a few steps too far. Melo has shown he can be a facilitator in this offense as a member of Team USA. He has many more facets to his game then you give him credit for including rebounding, something we really need.

couldn't have said it better myself