Donnie Walsh Tribute Thread

jpz17

Starter
With all this crap about Isiah and all this drama, rumor has it Walsh may step down after this and retire.

I'd like some thanking involved by Knicks fans TO the man who is responsible for this team and the hype we have.

Thank you Walsh. Again.
You are truly one of the best in the game at this

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
*SALUTE*

Donnie Walsh in a span of two years got rid of Zeke's mediocre roster and brought us back into playoff contention after having a full decades' worth of overpaid players who couldn't even sniff .500.

I mean, sometimes it's tough for us to realize that this is the biggest non-injury turnaround a team has ever had...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Thanks, Donnie. You have done a great job. Your patience and smarts gave the Knicks a buzz again. Hope you stay around longer.

iSaYughh

Starter
This will go (somewhat) against the grain,

I do salute Walsh, and he should be something of a NYK icon; given his tenure essentially represents The Isiah Era, to the post-Isiah Era.

That is huge. Given the era he transitioned us out of, is perhaps one of the most blighted..pathetic...destructive runs in the history of the NBA (sports?) by manager/coach.

I still think Walsh is less than great. Better than mediocre, less than great, maybe pretty good. That's my honest assessment (to date).

His signifigence is unquestionably enormous, nontheless; and he has been an effective battering ram, knocking down the Isiah Wall, and giving the Knick's freedom.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't think Isiah's been involved in this thing at all. The fact Dolan went to the trouble of putting out a press release to say he, Coach and Donnie are all on the same page says something-- Isiah's not influencing this deal..

I think if Donnie honestly felt undermined he would just resign. He's too classy and proud to take any sh*t.

Isiah likes to talk a lot and he and Dolan are friends, but this is serious business and that's as far as it goes.

We're in good hands w Donnie..