Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Bucks - Feb 23 @ 7:30pm ~ New Look New York Knicks

Originally Posted by iJoe
    Oddly, it was our perimeter game that was lacking the most today. The guys at least fought hard inside. Its gonna take time for both our offense and defense to adjust to all the new players.

Seeing Billups with his arms around Douglas giving some advice after Dantoni berated him made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Billups might be the best thing to happen to Douglas.

Melo is gonna be a big rebounding force for us. He's always been underrated there. Guy has quick hops and a body.

Was Corey Brewer even with the Knicks tonight or is he still on his way? I'd like to see him play. The guy can't shoot, but at least we can sic him on the opposing star.

/end random thoughts.
    Corey Brewer is an EXCELLENT defender idk why he didn't play tonight.

Amare and Fields seemed the new ones tonight. Toney Douglas knows Billups can't play 40 mpg like Felton so he feels important and it shows.

We still need some inside help badly but it'll be very difficult to lose these tied games against worst teams anymore with Melo and Billups. Too much quality.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Corey Brewer is an EXCELLENT defender idk why he didn't play tonight.
    He probably gets traded sooner than later. I thought that when i realized niether Walsh nor D'Antony mentioned him in the press conference about the recent trade.

Well if he's not traded by tommorow then he better start playing.

On another note, we won the rebounding battle. But lost the off. rebounding battle. If we get some size we'll be fine I think.
    Last edited by la2ny; Feb 23, 2011 at 22:08.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Well if he's not traded by tommorow then he better start playing.

On another not, we wont the rebounding battle. But lost the off. rebounding battle. If we get some size we'll be fine I think.
    Agreed.I wouldn't mind if we traded for Joel Przybilla if we didn't give up too much.

Veteran

Anybody that questioned the trade needs to start eating crow.... This game is the type the Knicks would have lost before the trade. Amare has a quiet game by his standards and Gallo would have shot us out of the game along with Feltip... Instead Melo pours in 27 in his Knicks debut and Tony D contributes all over the floor. Who says we won't have enough depth..... Great win with more to come...

When Chauncy dribbled the ball threw Delfino's legs, instinctively, I just said oh my goodness.. beautiful.

CB will grow in this system. I'd like to see him shoot a higher percentage fg wise. He such a pros pro tho. So classy. He's saying all of the right things and just showing what a smart player he is. He'll be one of my favs for sure.

I liked that we had a another player to pick up the slack when Amare was on the bench.

TD was huge. He can play w less pressure now that we can put points on the board so much easier. He can be like Barbara was to those old Phoenix teams.

Melo was Melo. Only his first game, but he's got to learn to utilize all of the attention he draws to make others better. He just so good at scoring tho so I understand why he struggles to give the ball up. Good win tnite. We shouldn't have to worry too much anymore about beating teams we're supposed to beat.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Agreed.I wouldn't mind if we traded for Joel Przybilla if we didn't give up too much.
    Hell we should ship Aubuike contract and Mason jr. contract to them for Pryzbilla.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    When Chauncy dribbled the ball threw Delfino's legs, instinctively, I just said oh my goodness.. beautiful.

CB will grow in this system. I'd like to see him shoot a higher percentage fg wise. He such a pros pro tho. So classy. He's saying all of the right things and just showing what a smart player he is. He'll be one of my favs for sure.

I liked that we had a another player to pick up the slack when Amare was on the bench.

TD was huge. He can play w less pressure now that we can put points on the board so much easier. He can be like Barbara was to those old Phoenix teams.

Melo was Melo. Only his first game, but he's got to learn to utilize all of the attention he draws to make others better. He just so good at scoring tho so I understand why he struggles to give the ball up. Good win tnite. We shouldn't have to worry too much anymore about beating teams we're supposed to beat.
    Honestly, no homo but i got a boner when i saw that. I was watchin the game with my mom and my dad too

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Besides about 5-6 possesions where TD handed it 2 him an no one moved off the ball I think he did pretty well with not much movement. Melo would've had a better game if he wasn't pressing in the 1st half because he missed alot of bunnies, open shots, and shots thats just easy for him. I'd also like to see more of him and Stat in p&r situations. The few times they did try it, it ended up pretty well. Open pullup for Melo(missed), layup for Amar'e(was fouled), layup for Amar'e.

Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 175

.spree., 1970KnicksLove, abcd, ac11367, AlboKnickFan, alonzo.eaves, AmareForPresident, amir85, Anthony milien, antk90, Aristoteles, ballbegood, bboycustom92, Beast Mode, BennerKB6, Blas, BleedOrange&Blue, Bronx baller, bwilber, Cahill, cathaytrader, clumsy, Clyde & The Pearl, CoolClyde, CoolRunnings, DaBlackProdigy, Dario8676, DaTPRiNCE, dchapman15, Deathstroke, diddy_nyc, Dirk, DontForgetDerekHarper, drc5066, elcol, elliottness2000, Ewing, Ewing33Swisher, G.Freeman, Gallo8888, galloisking, GallosOurFuture, GeeboBXNY, gflournoy, gmpknick, Goodfella, gowfudeacs, grant1010, Hayato, hometheaterguy, iJoe, iSaYughh, JazRedGT, jbalsa2, jimkcchief88, Jon7, Jorquera, jpz17, juanhernandezpagan, k larose, KBlack25, KDog13, keyser soze, KingofNy, KingStarbury3, KING~POETIQ, Kiyaman, KnickfanaticinGA, knicks., Knicks4Life_1985, Knicks4lyfe, knicksfansince76, Knicksfansince92, knicksin60, KnicksWillRiseAgain, knickzrulezH20, kylepicklehead, la2ny, LeFlume, LJ4President, LJ4ptplay, MadJack, mafra, malik singletary, Markutis, masterreborn, MeloFello, Michael sanders, miked1958, Mikedipp, MJS317, moneyg, MProv00, mr.melobandwagon, MSGhobo247, MusketeerX, Nemog, New New York, NicksKnicks, nixon7, NNM, nuckles2k2, NY17KNICKS, nyk1986, NYK4Lyfe, nyk_nyk, NY_Swagger, Oakman88, Oldtimer, OriginalKnickGrandson, Osiris80, p0nder, PaPZ187, pat, petescud, portega1968, Pricey, rady, RayC, rayshun03, razor, Real NY Baller, Red, reuel, richtree, Rodmani, ronoranina, RunningJumper, Rzail, Sage, sboyd79, Scipio, Scribbles, sg8, sgluck, Sir Charles BROakley, skisloper, source24, Sprewell-Houston, SSj4Wingzero, STAT1, Stat4mvp, STATMELO, StEpHoN_mArBuRy, stuntmanmike, Supermansdaddy, th3realicon, The Dragon, TheBig****ForThree, TheChosen1, TheKingofNYC, threepointer, tiffany0181, tiger0330, titletown2010, TITOPUENTE1, Toby Kimbal, Toons, TR1LL10N, ultra6160, vpell, vrgadin, Wargames, welcometonycity, werewolf16, Will the Thrill, Woody Paige, World's Most, WrongIslander, WVKnickfan, YanksKnicks86, YEARITEHERE, youpddd, zyzy83

Sir Charles BROakley = best new username

Banned

i think the reason corey brewer and the other players didnt see action is either their going to get traded or because they have no clue how this system works and needs some P-TIME to get used to it so i doubt that these guys are in the doghouse yet.

Originally Posted by malik singletary
    i think the reason corey brewer and the other players didnt see action is either their going to get traded or because they have no clue how this system works and needs some P-TIME to get used to it so i doubt that these guys are in the doghouse yet.
    Well you can only trade them in seperate deals from now until tomorrow so Im guessing it's the learning the system. Either way Brewer and Sheldon could have been useful tonight lol. If not Williams then Balkman since he has played under Mike D b4.

Just watched the first half on NBALPB, and if there's one thing I'm loving in this game, it's Billups. ICE COLD!

STAT's focused on D, and can afford to do so more now with less defensive attention on himself at the other end.

Double double in his FIRST GAME as a Knick. 'Melo is the real deal. He and STAT's chemistry will only grow as time goes on.

Chauncey Billups was such a steal. Guy is a class act and a Leader on the court. He fills in nicely where Felton left off.

Need to get better on our offensive rebounding, that's the key right now. We need Center help, whether if it's trade or Earl Baron. Make it happen- Isaiah.

It's great that we have 'Melo now to fill in when STAT fulfills his 1 game suspension after getting another T tonight.

But seriously, great game and looking forward to smashing the Cavs Friday night and then MIA where Melo/STAT/Chauncey will make Wade/LBJ/Bosh look like fools.

As Bart Scott would say: CANT-WAIT.