Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 218

Thread: Knicks V Bucks - Feb 23 @ 7:30pm ~ New Look New York Knicks

  1. #181
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i was impressed; given the fact that this team hasnt yet practiced together and had a chance to mesh together=but that'll come with time. I was highly impressed with Billups he facilitated well and dictated the game very well. felton who? i mean this guys a savvy veteran who obviously has a lot of game left in the tank and the perfect guy next to melo and stat. he can erupt for a 25+ game here and there but should settle around 18ish. Now he cant provide us with 39 minutes very night as felton was but that allows Douglas to get a lot more minutes and given his play today im excited and he can now learn to be a PG from Billups as billups' career started out much like Douglas' a scorer not really known as a Pg.
    As for Melo, what more can i say about this guy. this guys the best scorer in the league bar-none. he started off rough but he had butterflies- i mean who wouldn't after hearing that crowd? and he finished strong found his rhythm and wouldnt let us lose this game thats what we need next to STAT. Stat or melo would seem to care who has more points long as they win, i mean they'll still get their stats. im excited and happy cant wait till this team gels. We need barron back asap and i wanna see Brewer play =/

  2. #182
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Ok so say we traded him to the Clips. They would have to give us a $3.7M Trade exception because they have the cap space to get him w/o sending a player back. So we get what he is worth in money basically.

    Then in a seperate deal we take the $3.7M trade exception and combine it with Ronny, Buike, and Mason's contracts:

    3.7
    4.0
    3.3
    1.4=12.4

    Dalembert has 13.4 so:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Notice that all of them combined only equal 12.07 and the trade still goes through. Once your within a mill of who your trading for the trade can be completed. With that said this deal is possible. Damn I should be a GM!

  3. #183
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Well heres the thing, Corey Brewer can be traded by tomorrow but only by himself. So if we send him to a team with cap space we can acquire a trade exception for him. His exception along with Ronny,Kelenna,and Roger amount to enough to come close to what Samuel makes this year. Also sack only wants expirings and they all expire this year.
    The way I understand the Trade Exception it can't be used in combination with other players to match salary in a trade unless it's a dollar for dollar match with 1 of the players involved in the deal. I don't think we're allowed to combine it with other players to match the salary of Dalembert on his own.

  4. #184
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    i was impressed; given the fact that this team hasnt yet practiced together and had a chance to mesh together=but that'll come with time. I was highly impressed with Billups he facilitated well and dictated the game very well. felton who? i mean this guys a savvy veteran who obviously has a lot of game left in the tank and the perfect guy next to melo and stat. he can erupt for a 25+ game here and there but should settle around 18ish. Now he cant provide us with 39 minutes very night as felton was but that allows Douglas to get a lot more minutes and given his play today im excited and he can now learn to be a PG from Billups as billups' career started out much like Douglas' a scorer not really known as a Pg.
    As for Melo, what more can i say about this guy. this guys the best scorer in the league bar-none. he started off rough but he had butterflies- i mean who wouldn't after hearing that crowd? and he finished strong found his rhythm and wouldnt let us lose this game thats what we need next to STAT. Stat or melo would seem to care who has more points long as they win, i mean they'll still get their stats. im excited and happy cant wait till this team gels. We need barron back asap and i wanna see Brewer play =/
    The offense looked bad at times, but the fact they were still able to get the W speaks to the added scoring ability that Melo & Billups provide. These guys just simply know how to ball even without knowing any of the plays they still delivered down the stretch. When Amare fouled out we would have lost that game any other night but not tonight, Melo provides the 2nd star to carry the offense that a team needs to offset the loss of the other on any given night, & can't forget about TD's performance he was great tonight. After a few practices this team should look a lot better than they did tonight.

  5. #185
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    The offense looked bad at times, but the fact they were still able to get the W speaks to the added scoring ability that Melo & Billups provide. These guys just simply know how to ball even without knowing any of the plays they still delivered down the stretch. When Amare fouled out we would have lost that game any other night but not tonight, Melo provides the 2nd star to carry the offense that a team needs to offset the loss of the other on any given night, & can't forget about TD's performance he was great tonight. After a few practices this team should look a lot better than they did tonight.
    thats what im saying they havent had a chance to practice or work on any plays together its only a matter of time till we get practice in and we get it together, im excited though Billups is that dude.

  6. #186
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I agree, Billups' experience is gonna be huge in the playoffs, he's gonna win a ton of believers.

  7. #187
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    The way I understand the Trade Exception it can't be used in combination with other players to match salary in a trade unless it's a dollar for dollar match with 1 of the players involved in the deal. I don't think we're allowed to combine it with other players to match the salary of Dalembert on his own.
    Trade exceptions can't be added to anything. A team can acquire 125% of the salary they trade away (in a simultaneous trade). So if they have a $10 million player, he can be traded for up to $12.5 million in incoming salary. If they also have an outstanding trade exception for $5 million, they can't add it to the $12.5 million in order to acquire a player making $17.5 million.

    I bolded the part that seems like what I though was true. If you have a exception you cant add it to another exception, but if its within 125% of the outgoing salaries then it's doable. All the combination of players equal to about 9.3 million so IDK if it's close enough or not, but that was my thought process on it.

    Heres what the trade machine said:
    The Knicks are over the cap, and their incoming salaries are greater than 125% plus $100,000 of their outgoing salaries. Cut $1,703,129 from the Knicks incoming salariestrade value to make this trade successful.

    Ok so why not sign someone to about 1.7 mil of our MLE and trade them with Rautins,Turiaf,Mason, and Azubuike. Plus we could keep Brewer.

    I could live with this team till summer:
    Billups/Douglas/Carter
    Fields/Walker/
    Anthony/Brewer/Williams
    Stoudemire/Murphy/Balkman
    Dalembert/Barron/Williams

  8. #188
    Member Arod2k9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Why did Fields played 43 minutes tonight? He only scored 7 points and +/- was 0. This eight man rotation has to stop and give the entire team a shot to play on a game to game basis according to match ups. I wanted to vomit when Shawne was guarding Bogut in the post. MD sucks and we won't win anything until we get a true shooting guard. The obsession on this site for Fields is getting ridiculous. He is nothing more that a 10 min player, and when he becomes that our team will be much better.

    Overall pretty happy with our win and how aggressive Carmelo was tonight. Love the guy and Billups was sensational.

  9. #189
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Why did Fields played 43 minutes tonight? He only scored 7 points and +/- was 0. This eight man rotation has to stop and give the entire team a shot to play on a game to game basis according to match ups. I wanted to vomit when Shawne was guarding Bogut in the post. MD sucks and we won't win anything until we get a true shooting guard. The obsession on this site for Fields is getting ridiculous. He is nothing more that a 10 min player, and when he becomes that our team will be much better.

    Overall pretty happy with our win and how aggressive Carmelo was tonight. Love the guy and Billups was sensational.
    HUH? You do realize Fields is but a rook? Also he does what he's asked to do and does it well. He'll only get better. You need guys like Fields. You'll never be able to accumulate a team full of allstars. Give the kid a break.

    I agree with you in regards to MDA. Maybe its because half the team is new is why he only played 8. But Williams on Bogut is just dumb.

  10. #190
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Agreed.

    At the very least it should've been the OTHER Williams, Shelden Williams, who's strong and a somewhat capable defender.

    Frankly at this point D'Antoni doesn't have a whole lot of options, we have NO SIZE whatsoever and that's a huge problem.

  11. #191
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Win Win Situation

    Tony Chill the difference maker, making it happen. impressive! the kid's gonna get more run,
    his confidence should be soaring, esp with Chancy Ballsup mentoring the lad.

    Antoni not taking chances, sticking with 8-man rotation.
    Team's gotta practice so Mr. Pringles sees what chips he has to play with.

    Melo takes Gallinari/Chandler's place. win. could tell he was a tad nervous with his shot,
    hesitating, pulling back a bit. hit some key shots when it mattered in 4Q!

    Billups takes Felton's place. win. He's a general, a smart player, and a winner who will pass on his championship knowledge to all.

    not a great game for Fields, think he's nervous around newfound greatness.
    decent game for Shawnuf Williams, looks like he'll be getting more run, nice defence.
    Bill Walker needs more sky time to settle in, hopefully he'll get it now.
    Turiaf with a couple of good blocks, Knicks still need a center.

    STAT is the man, will continue to gel with Melo and Ballsup, but he's gotta control that temper.
    Knicks are going to have to figure how to win without him when he's suspended for technos.

    all in all, a worthy win and a sign of things to come.
    what a great night!


  12. #192
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Why did Fields played 43 minutes tonight? He only scored 7 points and +/- was 0. This eight man rotation has to stop and give the entire team a shot to play on a game to game basis according to match ups. I wanted to vomit when Shawne was guarding Bogut in the post. MD sucks and we won't win anything until we get a true shooting guard. The obsession on this site for Fields is getting ridiculous. He is nothing more that a 10 min player, and when he becomes that our team will be much better.

    Overall pretty happy with our win and how aggressive Carmelo was tonight. Love the guy and Billups was sensational.
    Everytime I see MDA playing Shawne Will at the 5 I get dry heaves. Hopefully Shelden can get in there after a practice we need as much depth as we can get up front. But as far as how Landry played I have no problem w/him putting up limited statlines as long as he's playing D on the perimeter & making hustle plays on the floor. That's why we held onto him to begin with.

  13. #193
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It was only close because Spike was in Philly

  14. #194
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,810
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Most users ever online was 1,460, Today..

    WOW! It's so hard to believe what Melo did to KO. I'd also want to welcome the 30+ new members that registered last night!

  15. #195
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by rady
    Most users ever online was 1,460, Today..

    WOW! It's so hard to believe what Melo did to KO. I'd also want to welcome the 30+ new members that registered last night!
    WoAH!!!

    Thats crazy lol. Thank God for Carmar'e Anthemire

Similar Threads

  1. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 20:10
  2. Christmas Day: Bulls @ Knicks
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2010, 11:41
  3. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 31, 2008, 14:34
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •