Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Knicks V Bucks - Feb 23 @ 7:30pm ~ New Look New York Knicks

Don't know if anybody else thought of this, but we got the win in this Legends Night rematch from last year with the Bucks. That added on to this exciting win.

Veteran

Great Game
    Talk about a big parade welcome, MSG was PACKED to capacity
    for a Bucks game. believe it or not?
    Lebron have to be envious as hell after watching
    Melo & family arrive to the City that dont sleep.

Im happy as hell to have player/coach Chauncy Billups strong leadership
    on the Knicks to mentor our relentless defensive PG-Toney Douglas and
    SG-Landry Fields. Both our guards showed up big-time in Melo/Billups first
    game as a Knick to impress their new veteran star teammates. B+

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Great Game
    Talk about a big parade welcome, MSG was PACKED to capacity
    for a Bucks game. believe it or not?
    Lebron have to be envious as hell after watching
    Melo & family arrive to the City that dont sleep.

Im happy as hell to have player/coach Chauncy Billups strong leadership
    on the Knicks to mentor our relentless defensive PG-Toney Douglas and
    SG-Landry Fields
    . Both our guards showed up big-time in Melo/Billups first
    game as a Knick to impress their new veteran star teammates. B+
    I concur. This is something that will go underrated, but a major aspect of the deal.

Chauncey pushed when necessary and slowed the ball down (by design or not)

and that helped. we actually played more half court ball.

LOL wait a minute.. Didn't Kiya knock this trade..

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Why did Fields played 43 minutes tonight? He only scored 7 points and +/- was 0. This eight man rotation has to stop and give the entire team a shot to play on a game to game basis according to match ups. I wanted to vomit when Shawne was guarding Bogut in the post. MD sucks and we won't win anything until we get a true shooting guard. The obsession on this site for Fields is getting ridiculous. He is nothing more that a 10 min player, and when he becomes that our team will be much better.

Overall pretty happy with our win and how aggressive Carmelo was tonight. Love the guy and Billups was sensational.
    Umm, first of all you have 2 guys in STAT and MELO that demand the ball and any motion will stop with them.... You knew this when you got Melo so to be harping on this now and to be blaming the coach is just ridiculous!! Not to mention that this team hasn't even practised together yet!!!! So, before you start judging D'Antoni on 1 game with a team of strangers, let them play and practice together at least a few times!?!?!?!?
    Now, about Williams... OK, who else would you of had guarding him??? Turiaf? STAT??? They both were in foul trouble.... Sheldon Williams? Not sure what Sheldon will bring but he can't score and he can't really run in the fast past system so... But Shawn and Sheldon are 6' 9" tall but Shawn can score and with Melo and STAT both in foul trouble not really sure if there were other options.
    I love this!!! NY finally gets Melo and that was what most of you guys wanted and we gave up our ONLY big in Mozgov in the process and our better defender in Gallo as well and now people are screaming because our gutted roster only allows us to have Shawn Williams as the 3/4/5 handy man... It is MIND BOGGLING!! I swear Knicks fans will NEVER be happy!!!
    You need to give NY time to go out and try to bring in a serviceable big man either through trade today or signing whom ever is available just to get the body!!!
    RELAX!!

Originally Posted by Red
    we actually played more half court ball.
    In regard to that, my eyes lit up on the handful of occasions Melo posted up on the high block in the 4th. Did you see the lanes created by the spacing there?

Bogut, league leader in BPG, could have gotten whiplash trying to keep an eye on the ball (Melo) and Amar'e on the high post. as the 2 converge, the defence collapses in a heap. All the while, Douglas, Billups and Fields are lingering on the arc.

Beast on the block indeed!

The missed dunk shooting foul on STAT was indicative of the spacing Melo creates - anyone recall? - and the potency of the 3 man 'quasi triangle offence' Billups, STAT and Melo can use in half court sets sends the mind boggling.

MD is jizzing all over his iPad right now.

I love how Billups nearly has a triple double... And he was a "throw in." Folks, he's an upgrade over Felton for the rest of this year and next. A see it like when we got Derek Harper.

Going to be great to have this clutch player in the playoffs. If we can survive CHI, we might shock somebody in the 2nd round!

Also, traffic just about tripled now that we got Carmelo. I saw last night a few hours after the game there was like 800 people here. WOW.

Veteran

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Umm, first of all you have 2 guys in STAT and MELO that demand the ball and any motion will stop with them.... You knew this when you got Melo so to be harping on this now and to be blaming the coach is just ridiculous!! Not to mention that this team hasn't even practised together yet!!!! So, before you start judging D'Antoni on 1 game with a team of strangers, let them play and practice together at least a few times!?!?!?!?
    Now, about Williams... OK, who else would you of had guarding him??? Turiaf? STAT??? They both were in foul trouble.... Sheldon Williams? Not sure what Sheldon will bring but he can't score and he can't really run in the fast past system so... But Shawn and Sheldon are 6' 9" tall but Shawn can score and with Melo and STAT both in foul trouble not really sure if there were other options.
    I love this!!! NY finally gets Melo and that was what most of you guys wanted and we gave up our ONLY big in Mozgov in the process and our better defender in Gallo as well and now people are screaming because our gutted roster only allows us to have Shawn Williams as the 3/4/5 handy man... It is MIND BOGGLING!! I swear Knicks fans will NEVER be happy!!!
    You need to give NY time to go out and try to bring in a serviceable big man either through trade today or signing whom ever is available just to get the body!!!
    RELAX!!

I 100% agree with Fields playing 43 minutes...Coach knows Fields needs to get comfortable with this new arrangement...here is a guy that is playing now with 3 hall of fame of super all-stars the guy has to be walking on air....

he made mistakes that he never made since he has been here....thats inbounds pass to the bucks was terrible...but right after it chancey came up to him twice and slapped his back and spoke to him...

we right now have 4 players that will start the next 2 seasons and 3 players that will start the next 5 .....

LOVE THIS....FINALLY

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I 100% agree with Fields playing 43 minutes...Coach knows Fields needs to get comfortable with this new arrangement...here is a guy that is playing now with 3 hall of fame of super all-stars the guy has to be walking on air....

he made mistakes that he never made since he has been here....thats inbounds pass to the bucks was terrible...but right after it chancey came up to him twice and slapped his back and spoke to him...

we right now have 4 players that will start the next 2 seasons and 3 players that will start the next 5 .....

LOVE THIS....FINALLY

I don't like the fact that Shelden Williams and Corey Brewer sat on the bench. Way to acclimate the new guys MD. Not even a sniff? Especially SW with the foul trouble.

We need some size coach.

I'll give him a pass b/c they may not be ready to get on the floor... But I wont accept a tight 8-man rotation that banishes these 2 players.

BOTH of these players actually defend. They will come in handy in May.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    I don't like the fact that Shelden Williams and Corey Brewer sat on the bench. Way to acclimate the new guys MD. Not even a sniff? Especially SW with the foul trouble.

We need some size coach.

I'll give him a pass b/c they may not be ready to get on the floor... But I wont accept a tight 8-man rotation that banishes these 2 players.

Again with the complaining.......maybe a shot Brewer gets traded..
    also the Knicks looked confused today....new guys no practice...U just dont throw guys in...

are u ever happy

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Again with the complaining.......maybe a shot Brewer gets traded..
    also the Knicks looked confused today....new guys no practice...U just dont throw guys in...

are u ever happy
    Dude is asking if I'm ever happy, in his 2nd post? As if you've been here before the Knicks traded for Carmelo?

Good point about them being possible trade assets. Hear that.

I wasn't complaining at all... Just stating the obvious, and for those who have actually watched the Knicks the last 2.5 years since MD arrived... He only plays 8 or 9 man rotations. Just pointing out a fact, but if that is never being happy... then yeah, I guess I'm not content.

We need some size coach.

ur such a bitch....he banished these two players? ur hormones are out of wack.....havent seen ur period in a few months huh?

mike d implemented plays for melo from denver, and adjusted the entire offense in one night....give the guy some slack

Veteran

Dude is asking if I'm ever happy, in his 2nd post? As if you've been here before the Knicks traded for Carmelo?

I wasn't complaining at all... Just stating the obvious, and for those who have actually watched the Knicks the last 2.5 years since MD arrived... He only plays 8 or 9 man rotations. Just pointing out a fact, but if that is never being happy... then yeah, I guess I'm not content.
    I have been on the forum for 2 years and a ticket holder for 16 ...so yes I feel your pain.....the difference now is we have 4 starters that I want on the court 80 percent of the time at least......there is no more who should start and who should sit......
    so I do not totally agree about the bigger rotation....i did pre-carmelo but not now...
    I do think if we land a solid bigman who could start out bench rotation could make more sense.....

New center
    and
    turiaf
    williams
    douglas
    plus one more off the bench...but who

Veteran

what is wrong with a 9 man rotation ?
    please share your wisdom.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    In regard to that, my eyes lit up on the handful of occasions Melo posted up on the high block in the 4th. Did you see the lanes created by the spacing there?

Bogut, league leader in BPG, could have gotten whiplash trying to keep an eye on the ball (Melo) and Amar'e on the high post. as the 2 converge, the defence collapses in a heap. All the while, Douglas, Billups and Fields are lingering on the arc.

Beast on the block indeed!

The missed dunk shooting foul on STAT was indicative of the spacing Melo creates - anyone recall? - and the potency of the 3 man 'quasi triangle offence' Billups, STAT and Melo can use in half court sets sends the mind boggling.

MD is jizzing all over his iPad right now.
    Once he gets used to hitting those cutters including Amare.. watch out! Its gonna be te And1 show.

And again I wanna stress the need to make a good impression on Billups...

WE NEED HIM! AND A BIG.