Knicks V Bucks - Feb 23 @ 7:30pm ~ New Look New York Knicks

tiger0330

Legend
Little bit of an ugly game but you can see the potential. The Billups haters that wanted to keep Ray don't know s**t, he can still ball.

Props to TD.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
What a fourth quarter by Melo and Billups played a great game! The buzz is there and for a team that didn't even play a practice together yet, we showed a lot tonight. Biggest mention has to be Douglas, he went off for us tonight and hit some huge shots. We'll get it together and now that Melo got the first game stress out the way, look for him to come into a more eased style of play. Now we have a day in between where we can start practicing together and get a idea of how we should run this new team. Overall welcome to NY Melo and Billups! Just wish I was at the Garden tonight...

We going to run this town tonight and every other night!!! Go KNICKS!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Anyone questioning the Billups Felton swap for this team?? lol. He's just a better overall player.

Once this team has more time together we will be very dangerous. I'm really anxious to see us after some good practices. We should start seeing a difference in about a week or so.

True true. Only problem is the practices are gonna be very few and far between with the upcoming schedule (like 15 games in 30 days). So it may take a bit longer but no doubt it will happen and when it does the magic will ensue.

True true. Only problem is the practices are gonna be very few and far between with the upcoming schedule (like 15 games in 30 days). So it may take a bit longer but no doubt it will happen and when it does the magic will ensue.

That pic is so funny cuz you see Walsh in the stands like

"....I'm watchin u bitch..."

petescud

Starter
I was impressed with the lousy 5 minutes I got to see. I gotta get the game plan or something, as my Mac wireless streaming sucks ass

iJoe

Rotation player
Oddly, it was our perimeter game that was lacking the most today. The guys at least fought hard inside. Its gonna take time for both our offense and defense to adjust to all the new players.

Seeing Billups with his arms around Douglas giving some advice after Dantoni berated him made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Billups might be the best thing to happen to Douglas.

Melo is gonna be a big rebounding force for us. He's always been underrated there. Guy has quick hops and a body.

Was Corey Brewer even with the Knicks tonight or is he still on his way? I'd like to see him play. The guy can't shoot, but at least we can sic him on the opposing star.

/end random thoughts.

Oddly, it was our perimeter game that was lacking the most today. The guys at least fought hard inside. Its gonna take time for both our offense and defense to adjust to all the new players.

Seeing Billups with his arms around Douglas giving some advice after Dantoni berated him made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Billups might be the best thing to happen to Douglas.

Melo is gonna be a big rebounding force for us. He's always been underrated there. Guy has quick hops and a body.

Was Corey Brewer even with the Knicks tonight or is he still on his way? I'd like to see him play. The guy can't shoot, but at least we can sic him on the opposing star.

/end random thoughts.
Corey Brewer is an EXCELLENT defender idk why he didn't play tonight.

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Amare and Fields seemed the new ones tonight. Toney Douglas knows Billups can't play 40 mpg like Felton so he feels important and it shows.

We still need some inside help badly but it'll be very difficult to lose these tied games against worst teams anymore with Melo and Billups. Too much quality.

la2ny

Starter
Well if he's not traded by tommorow then he better start playing.

On another note, we won the rebounding battle. But lost the off. rebounding battle. If we get some size we'll be fine I think.

Last edited:
Well if he's not traded by tommorow then he better start playing.

On another not, we wont the rebounding battle. But lost the off. rebounding battle. If we get some size we'll be fine I think.
Agreed.I wouldn't mind if we traded for Joel Przybilla if we didn't give up too much.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Anybody that questioned the trade needs to start eating crow.... This game is the type the Knicks would have lost before the trade. Amare has a quiet game by his standards and Gallo would have shot us out of the game along with Feltip... Instead Melo pours in 27 in his Knicks debut and Tony D contributes all over the floor. Who says we won't have enough depth..... Great win with more to come...

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
When Chauncy dribbled the ball threw Delfino's legs, instinctively, I just said oh my goodness.. beautiful.

CB will grow in this system. I'd like to see him shoot a higher percentage fg wise. He such a pros pro tho. So classy. He's saying all of the right things and just showing what a smart player he is. He'll be one of my favs for sure.

I liked that we had a another player to pick up the slack when Amare was on the bench.

TD was huge. He can play w less pressure now that we can put points on the board so much easier. He can be like Barbara was to those old Phoenix teams.

Melo was Melo. Only his first game, but he's got to learn to utilize all of the attention he draws to make others better. He just so good at scoring tho so I understand why he struggles to give the ball up. Good win tnite. We shouldn't have to worry too much anymore about beating teams we're supposed to beat.

KingCharles34

All Star
When Chauncy dribbled the ball threw Delfino's legs, instinctively, I just said oh my goodness.. beautiful.

CB will grow in this system. I'd like to see him shoot a higher percentage fg wise. He such a pros pro tho. So classy. He's saying all of the right things and just showing what a smart player he is. He'll be one of my favs for sure.

I liked that we had a another player to pick up the slack when Amare was on the bench.

TD was huge. He can play w less pressure now that we can put points on the board so much easier. He can be like Barbara was to those old Phoenix teams.

Melo was Melo. Only his first game, but he's got to learn to utilize all of the attention he draws to make others better. He just so good at scoring tho so I understand why he struggles to give the ball up. Good win tnite. We shouldn't have to worry too much anymore about beating teams we're supposed to beat.

Honestly, no homo but i got a boner when i saw that. I was watchin the game with my mom and my dad too :|

la2ny

Starter
Besides about 5-6 possesions where TD handed it 2 him an no one moved off the ball I think he did pretty well with not much movement. Melo would've had a better game if he wasn't pressing in the 1st half because he missed alot of bunnies, open shots, and shots thats just easy for him. I'd also like to see more of him and Stat in p&r situations. The few times they did try it, it ended up pretty well. Open pullup for Melo(missed), layup for Amar'e(was fouled), layup for Amar'e.