Knicks V Bucks - Feb 23 @ 7:30pm ~ New Look New York Knicks

KingCharles34

All Star
Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 175

.spree., 1970KnicksLove, abcd, ac11367, AlboKnickFan, alonzo.eaves, AmareForPresident, amir85, Anthony milien, antk90, Aristoteles, ballbegood, bboycustom92, Beast Mode, BennerKB6, Blas, BleedOrange&Blue, Bronx baller, bwilber, Cahill, cathaytrader, clumsy, Clyde & The Pearl, CoolClyde, CoolRunnings, DaBlackProdigy, Dario8676, DaTPRiNCE, dchapman15, Deathstroke, diddy_nyc, Dirk, DontForgetDerekHarper, drc5066, elcol, elliottness2000, Ewing, Ewing33Swisher, G.Freeman, Gallo8888, galloisking, GallosOurFuture, GeeboBXNY, gflournoy, gmpknick, Goodfella, gowfudeacs, grant1010, Hayato, hometheaterguy, iJoe, iSaYughh, JazRedGT, jbalsa2, jimkcchief88, Jon7, Jorquera, jpz17, juanhernandezpagan, k larose, KBlack25, KDog13, keyser soze, KingofNy, KingStarbury3, KING~POETIQ, Kiyaman, KnickfanaticinGA, knicks., Knicks4Life_1985, Knicks4lyfe, knicksfansince76, Knicksfansince92, knicksin60, KnicksWillRiseAgain, knickzrulezH20, kylepicklehead, la2ny, LeFlume, LJ4President, LJ4ptplay, MadJack, mafra, malik singletary, Markutis, masterreborn, MeloFello, Michael sanders, miked1958, Mikedipp, MJS317, moneyg, MProv00, mr.melobandwagon, MSGhobo247, MusketeerX, Nemog, New New York, NicksKnicks, nixon7, NNM, nuckles2k2, NY17KNICKS, nyk1986, NYK4Lyfe, nyk_nyk, NY_Swagger, Oakman88, Oldtimer, OriginalKnickGrandson, Osiris80, p0nder, PaPZ187, pat, petescud, portega1968, Pricey, rady, RayC, rayshun03, razor, Real NY Baller, Red, reuel, richtree, Rodmani, ronoranina, RunningJumper, Rzail, Sage, sboyd79, Scipio, Scribbles, sg8, sgluck, Sir Charles BROakley, skisloper, source24, Sprewell-Houston, SSj4Wingzero, STAT1, Stat4mvp, STATMELO, StEpHoN_mArBuRy, stuntmanmike, Supermansdaddy, th3realicon, The Dragon, TheBigCockForThree, TheChosen1, TheKingofNYC, threepointer, tiffany0181, tiger0330, titletown2010, TITOPUENTE1, Toby Kimbal, Toons, TR1LL10N, ultra6160, vpell, vrgadin, Wargames, welcometonycity, werewolf16, Will the Thrill, Woody Paige, World's Most, WrongIslander, WVKnickfan, YanksKnicks86, YEARITEHERE, youpddd, zyzy83

:shock2:

Sir Charles BROakley = best new username

i think the reason corey brewer and the other players didnt see action is either their going to get traded or because they have no clue how this system works and needs some P-TIME to get used to it so i doubt that these guys are in the doghouse yet.

la2ny

Starter
i think the reason corey brewer and the other players didnt see action is either their going to get traded or because they have no clue how this system works and needs some P-TIME to get used to it so i doubt that these guys are in the doghouse yet.
Well you can only trade them in seperate deals from now until tomorrow so Im guessing it's the learning the system. Either way Brewer and Sheldon could have been useful tonight lol. If not Williams then Balkman since he has played under Mike D b4.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Just watched the first half on NBALPB, and if there's one thing I'm loving in this game, it's Billups. ICE COLD!

STAT's focused on D, and can afford to do so more now with less defensive attention on himself at the other end.

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
Double double in his FIRST GAME as a Knick. 'Melo is the real deal. He and STAT's chemistry will only grow as time goes on.

Chauncey Billups was such a steal. Guy is a class act and a Leader on the court. He fills in nicely where Felton left off.

Need to get better on our offensive rebounding, that's the key right now. We need Center help, whether if it's trade or Earl Baron. Make it happen- Isaiah. :barf:

It's great that we have 'Melo now to fill in when STAT fulfills his 1 game suspension after getting another T tonight.

But seriously, great game and looking forward to smashing the Cavs Friday night and then MIA where Melo/STAT/Chauncey will make Wade/LBJ/Bosh look like fools.

As Bart Scott would say: CANT-WAIT.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This might have been the most I've ever been excited for a Knicks game, if not, it's up there. I DVR'd it. Good game. For a new line-up, we did a very good job. Douglas stepped up. He looked like he did last season. His defense was superb.

Good game from Melo tonight all things considered. He'll get in the groove.

STAT1

Starter
Do we have a shot at Camby? Not only would he be great, I still want him in a Knicks uniform again.

According to Ken Berger from cbssports.com:

One of the notable holes in the Knicks' roster that will persist after the Carmelo Anthony trade is a capable, defensive-minded center. The Knicks tried to fill that hole with efforts to draw Portland into the deal as the fourth team and bring Marcus Camby back to New York, two people with knowledge of the talks told CBSSports.com.

It wasn't clear what pieces the Knicks would've sent to the Trail Blazers in such a scenario, but both sources said Tuesday afternoon that New York's efforts to get Camby appeared to have failed.

"Looks like a no-go," said one of the sources.

KingCharles34

All Star
Add camby to this team and we would have my dream team. Shit would be on... we would have a chance to do big things this year with a the Camby-Turiaf tandem at center

la2ny

Starter
Yeah, I don't think we have the contracts to match. Tried including Brewer's contract but he can't be traded until April according to Trade Checker.
Dalembert is possible. We would have to lose Turiaf though :( :

Hypothetical Trade
Brewer $3.74 million to Golden State for 2nd round pick

Turiaf $4 million
Azubuike $3.3 million
Mason $1.4 million

for Dalembert $ 13.4 million

so to recap:
4+3.74+3.3+1.4=$12.8 million

$13.4M-$12.8M=600K

Money seems like it works :shrug:

STAT1

Starter
Saw that posted before. Said no deal went through, but I'm wondering if we still have a shot. Blazers' aren't doing bad, maybe we have a better shot after that.

Don't see what we could offer them to pull off the deal if they weren't interested in what we offered before (whatever it was). We don't have much to offer right now other than expiring contracts & Turiaf's $4M salary for next season. Trade Checker isn't letting me add any of the new guys from DEN to any deal.

la2ny

Starter
Well heres the thing, Corey Brewer can be traded by tomorrow but only by himself. So if we send him to a team with cap space we can acquire a trade exception for him. His exception along with Ronny,Kelenna,and Roger amount to enough to come close to what Samuel makes this year. Also Sac only wants expirings and they all expire this year.

Last edited: