Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50

Thread: Your Playoff Prediction: How far can we go w our 2 stars?

  1. #1
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Your Playoff Prediction: How far can we go w our 2 stars?

    Right now were 28-26 and slotted currently as a 6th seed. The team w the 5th seed is Atlanta w a record of 34-21.

    It'll take some doing, but I think we can make push for the 5th seed w our current roster. If we really get hot there's Orlando at 36-21 to tackle. Not sure that's doable tho.

    The upcoming schedule for the remaining 28 games looks like this:

    Milwaukee Bucks
    @ Cleveland Cavaliers
    @Miami Heat
    @Orlando Magic
    New Orleans Hornets
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    @Atlanta Hawks
    Utah Jazz
    @Memphis Grizzlies
    @Dallas Mavericks
    Indiana Pacers
    @Indiana Pacers
    Memphis Grizzlies
    @Detroit Pistons
    @Milwaukee Bucks
    Boston Celtics
    Orlando Magic
    Milwaukee Bucks
    @Charlotte Bobcats
    Orlando Magic
    New Jersey Nets
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Toronto Raptors
    @Philadelphia 76ers
    @New Jersey Nets
    @Indiana Pacers
    Chicago Bulls
    @Boston Celtics

    Seems a bit tough, but were built tough now. I say bring it. Let's knock Atlanta outta the box and give Dwight a run for his money. I think we go 19- 9 during this stretch for a season record of 47- 35.

    In the playoffs.. I think we can get past the 2nd round as currently constructed.

    We've got:

    Billups
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf

    Douglas
    Walker
    Shawn Williams
    Sheldon Williams
    Brewer
    Mason
    Rautins
    Balkman
    Carter
    Azubuike

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by ronoranina; Feb 22, 2011 at 01:43.

  2. #2
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I think we can take out the Hawks or Magic in the 1st round if this team gels well down the stretch of the season, so I can easily see them advancing to the 2nd round. After that it depends on the matchup, if we're up against the Bulls then I think we got a shot, but I doubt we can beat the Heat or Celtics.

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    We will still end up in 6th place. Will play the Bulls in the first round. Will lose in the first round, but it will go 7 games.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Melo has only gotten past the 1st round twice in his career.

    He is no Michael Jordan or Kareem.

    We still need a big man or several like the Celtics have.

    Our depth just became pathetic and Isiah is the true GM.

    This is not good for the future of the Knicks.

  5. #5
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    We will still end up in 6th place. Will play the Bulls in the first round. Will lose in the first round, but it will go 7 games.
    Cant see that bro. We owned the Bulls without Melo.

    The next 21 games I count 15-6 16-5.

    Playoffs: If we are not in a game 7 in the second round we got a problem...

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Cant see that bro. We owned the Bulls without Melo.

    The next 21 games I count 15-6 16-5.

    Playoffs: If we are not in a game 7 in the second round we got a problem...
    Bulls never had a full team, though. Noah and Boozer have only played in 9 games together this season. They have a lot more depth, and with Noah and Boozer at full health, I can't see them losing. I actually think the Bulls have a shot at making the Eastern Conference finals... giving the Heat/Celts a run for their money.

    Also, I think you need to give the New New York Knicks 10 games to learn how to play together.

  7. #7
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    Bulls never had a full team, though. Noah and Boozer have only played in 9 games together this season. They have a lot more depth, and with Noah and Boozer at full health, I can't see them losing. I actually think the Bulls have a shot at making the Eastern Conference finals... giving the Heat/Celts a run for their money.

    Also, I think you need to give them 10 games to learn how to play together.

    Turiaf<<<noah><noah>Noah
    STAT>>>>>>>Boozer
    Melo>>>>>>>>>Deng
    Fields>>>>>>Bogans
    Billups<<<<< Rose<rose>

    I cant see it bro. You could also say we didnt have our full team and beat them twice.</rose></noah></noah>

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We beat a Noah-less and Boozer-less Bulls team, but they also had the luxury of playing a Melo-less Knicks team.

    We'll see how it goes this time around.

  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Turiaf<<<noah><noah>Noah
    STAT>>>>>>>Boozer
    Melo>>>>>>>>>Deng
    Fields>>>>>>Bogans
    Billups<<<<< Rose<rose>

    I cant see it bro. You could also say we didnt have our full team and beat them twice.</rose></noah></noah>
    We'll see. I just see an utter lack of defense on our part and lack of depth, which I don't think we'll be able to improve on much this season.

  10. #10
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    While looking at our roster it became apparent that we should release Carter to make room for Baron. We need front line help badly.

  11. #11
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    While looking at our roster it became apparent that we should release Carter to make room for Baron. We need front line help badly.
    Idk who we will release but we are getting Baron. Maybe we chuck Mason because thats all he does....Accept we'd actually hit what we were aimin for which is getting front line help

  12. #12
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Idk who we will release but we are getting Baron. Maybe we chuck Mason because thats all he does....Accept we'd actually hit what we were aimin for which is getting front line help
    I see us going 20-10 for the rest of the season with our current squad.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    Melo has only gotten past the 1st round twice in his career.

    He is no Michael Jordan or Kareem.

    We still need a big man or several like the Celtics have.

    Our depth just became pathetic and Isiah is the true GM.

    This is not good for the future of the Knicks.

    Chandler was gone after this season anyway so the immediate future would be

    Felton
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Moz

    With Gallo coming off the bench

    Now we have

    Billups
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf/Barron (Barron who did average 11 and 11 last season in 7 games)

    With Brewer and Shawne Williams (Better 3 point shooter than gallo) off the bench



    Now PLEASE tell me how this is not good for the future?


    Im SICK of people saying this isnt good for the future and either not backing it up or overrating the pieces that were never praised two weeks ago. This is just people trying to dump on this trade. Get over it, we are way better today, tomorrow and in 2 years

  14. #14
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    While looking at our roster it became apparent that we should release Carter to make room for Baron. We need front line help badly.
    are you crazy?we desperately needed a back up pg,we should release roger mason.

  15. #15
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    Melo has only gotten past the 1st round twice in his career.

    He is no Michael Jordan or Kareem.

    We still need a big man or several like the Celtics have.

    Our depth just became pathetic and Isiah is the true GM.

    This is not good for the future of the Knicks.
    Just ignore him guys,he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Similar Threads

  1. Playoff Thread
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: Jun 18, 2010, 13:37
  2. Playoff Predictions
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2009, 00:54
  3. Knicks = playoff team if...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2009, 15:26
  4. PLAYOFF ROSTER
    By kevin in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 02, 2004, 16:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •