Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your Playoff Prediction: How far can we go w our 2 stars?

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Do you know how to use the quote functions? Obviously not...

Wow, so I was wrong, I thought he made it twice, not once big deal.

What a blatantly made up assertion. We gave up 4 starters on a .500 team and got 2 starters in return. One of those starters (chandler) was gone at the end of the year. Just stop. Further, claiming Walsh would have gotten a better deal is you once again talking out of your ass. I already proved that Melo would have signed the extension with the Nets or stayed in Denver if the Knicks offer fell through. Therefore we needed to beat the Nets offer or Denver would have sent him to NJ.

Again:

Isaih may or may not have influenced this deal but his "running the show" is not a result of the trade even if the trade was a result of him "running the show". Attacking the trade because of Isiah instead of focusing on the merits of what we got verse gave up is why you fail. (well one of the many reasons)

Lupica is a human being and is entitled to his opinion and so are you. That said, his opinion is just one opinion out in the ether. Being a fan since 67 doesn't mean anything about your knowledge or ability to look at this trade in it's proper context. My evidence for that would be each post you have made...

here is an opinion of you by another poster that I agree with. Does that make it fact like you suggest?

Walsh did not want to give up that much. It was all over the media.
    He will leave with dignity or be thrown to the curb.

You said that melo would have signed with the Nets you never said the Nuggets.

Whatever.

The questions are if the Knicks can eventually win a title since they have been void of one since 1973.

They do not match up at all with the Lakers, Celtics, or Spurs right now.

They need a lot of help still preferably some big bodies.

My hope is that Melo does better in the playoffs than his history has shown.

Also, D'Antoni may not be the answer to winning a championship.

Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    Walsh did not want to give up that much. It was all over the media.
    He will leave with dignity or be thrown to the curb.

You said that melo would have signed with the Nets you never said the Nuggets.

Whatever.

The questions are if the Knicks can eventually win a title since they have been void of one since 1973.

They do not match up at all with the Lakers, Celtics, or Spurs right now.

They need a lot of help still preferably some big bodies.

My hope is that Melo does better in the playoffs than his history has shown.

Also, D'Antoni may not be the answer to winning a championship.
    Please try and follow the logic:

Nets make an offer that Denver liked.

Melo told Dolan he does not want to gamble with the CBA and wants to sign an extension while stating Knicks are his number one choice. (hence there are other places he would be willing to go in order to secure his extention)

Knicks up their offer to equal or exceed the offer of the Nets to ensure they win the bidding war. Not because Dolan haphazardly threw more people in for fun.

Melo signs with the Knicks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Wlah was on board for the entire trade but held his ground on Mozgov. Is Mozgov really worth chancing Denver trading with the Nets or keeping Melo themselves? I mean you do realize that you are making hay over an undrafted rookie who while has promise is easily replaceable.

We're still a 6th seed and still a 1st round exit. Maybe a surprise run and make it to the 2nd round.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    We're still a 6th seed and still a 1st round exit. Maybe a surprise run and make it to the 2nd round.
    At least your hedging your bets now LJ!

Superstar

Melo told Dolan he does not want to gamble with the CBA and wants to sign an extension while stating Knicks are his number one choice. (hence there are other places he would be willing to go in order to secure his extention)

Knicks up their offer to equal or exceed the offer of the Nets to ensure they win the bidding war. Not because Dolan haphazardly threw more people in for fun.

BTW, Wlah was on board for the entire trade but held his ground on Mozgov. Is Mozgov really worth chancing Denver trading with the Nets or keeping Melo themselves? I mean you do realize that you are making hay over an undrafted rookie who while has promise is easily replaceable.
    Mozgov has some serious potential. We have no center, and his inclusion was not necessary to make this deal happen.

After the trade went down, Denver's FO was asked if they would have still went through with it.

Their answer was something along the lines of: "I can't say we wouldn't have went through with it, but all that matters is we got him."

I find the Knicks situation very comparable to the Hawks situation with Joe Johnson. You sign him for big bucks, are still stuck in limbo, but it almost seems like it is the move you have to make.

The future of the Knicks, right now, depends on the CBA. There is some promise there, though, because the NBA will not screw over a big market franchise like NY (see: Punishments for our illegal work-out sessions).

Dolan should have stayed out of it. I still believe that we would have gotten Anthony and for much less.

I think this sums up the situation we are in VERY WELL:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by MusketeerX
    Mozgov has some serious potential. We have no center, and his inclusion was not necessary to make this deal happen.

After the trade went down, Denver's FO was asked if they would have still went through with it.

Their answer was something along the lines of: "I can't say we wouldn't have went through with it, but all that matters is we got him."

I find the Knicks situation very comparable to the Hawks situation with Joe Johnson. You sign him for big bucks, are still stuck in limbo, but it almost seems like it is the move you have to make.

The future of the Knicks, right now, depends on the CBA. There is some promise there, though, because the NBA will not screw over a big market franchise like NY (see: Punishments for our illegal work-out sessions).

Dolan should have stayed out of it. I still believe that we would have gotten Anthony and for much less.

I think this sums up the situation we are in VERY WELL:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Right. This all boils down to Mozgov. Walsh seemed prepared to play a game of chicken, risking Melo for the chance to retain Mozgov. Dolan thought the risk was to great and over ruled Walsh. Yes, Moz has potential and is a 7 footer on a team already lacking in size but at the end of the day we got our man.

You can argue that Walsh may have forced Denver to fold but it is an unknowable therefore should not be factored in.

All of that makes sense if it is true. The Nets offer was on the table for a long long time and he never agreed to it.

If the Knicks lost Melo I would be inclined to think he would sign with the Nuggets.

Whatever.

If the Knicks get Deron Williams or CP3 next year it willl give them a chance to compete in the Eastern Conference.

They still need a lot more pieces now.

Sheridan thinks we can go far in the playoffs:
    Well, take a look at the NBA standings and try to make a strong case that the Knicks can't make it out of the first round now that they are on the verge of acquiring another 30-point-per-night scorer.

Go ahead, make your case. (And don't argue that Timofey Mozgov was going to make the difference. He wasn't.) The No. 3 seed is a toss-up, and if the Knicks go into the postseason as a No. 6 against the right team (like the Chicago Bulls), they can't be instantly written off.

In the bigger scheme of things, the Knicks' tentative deal to acquire Anthony means they are going to be relevant through the spring of 2015. They didn't just acquire him for this season. He's on board for the same amount of time LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh will be in Miami.

Whatever happens this season is gravy.

Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    The Celtics and Lakers are way deeper than the Knicks. The Knicks need a lot of help especially down low. Howard has said that he wants to go to the Lakers. I like Deron more than Chris Paul.

I also hope that we can find a better coach than D'Antoni.
    I believe that no team that led the league in scoring with poor defense has won the title.

DeAndre Jordan would be a good addition.
    Howard stated he wanted a bigger market and LA was his #1 but NY was on his list as a 1a. LA will need to DUMP salary to sign him unless he goes there for less money.
    For now, I read someone suggest Dalembert and I would be for him as a rental this season to see how he would fit. But it is crucial we maintain our cap space for the summer of 2012 to make a run at one of the big 3!!!
    Jordan is a nice player and would be a good fit for this team but he is a restricted free agent this summer and to get him you'll end up giving him 35/40 or 5 and that will prevent us from from getting 1 of the big 3 in 2012.... We just need another TALL guy for now and I would LOVE Odem to really loack down this roster. His court vision, passing ability and rebounding would be a welcome addition to this roster! Not sure LA would trade him but that is what we should be looking at for now (He also has only 2 years left on his contract as well).

If Walsh gets Dalembert with our exemption we definitely can make some noise

Lurker

Look guys i'm a huge knicks fan, and they are my 2nd favorite team behind Miami but reality is there is now way they can win the eastern conference unless they become a defensive minded team. No team has ever gotten to the finals let alone won an nba championship focusing soley on offense so for the knicks to be able to compete with Bostons, the miami's and the chicago's they need to adapt a defensive mindset and D'antoni may not like it but those are the facts and Carmelo is purely a scorer nothing else really, while other top players in the league play both sides defense and offense. The knicks have a great offense but without defense it doesn't mean anything.

Veteran

Depends on what happens at the deadline. I wanna see what else we do. I'd love Mayo, but we'll see. I think the worst thing for teams is if they start clicking. Honestly, this team is more talented than some of those phx teams. You give D'antoni two guys like this, with a savvy vet, with game like Billups, could be huge problems for any team.

Perfect world, we'd end up with mayo, give us another ball handler n scoring..... Yikes.

Originally Posted by Mikey111690
    Look guys i'm a huge knicks fan, and they are my 2nd favorite team behind Miami
    That's gotta be rare, a Miami Heat fan that also is a huge fan of the Knicks. That's like a Boston Red Sox fan who also is a huge fan of the Yankees.

Look guys i'm a huge knicks fan, and they are my 2nd favorite team behind Miami but reality is there is now way they can win the eastern conference unless they become a defensive minded team. No team has ever gotten to the finals let alone won an nba championship focusing soley on offense so for the knicks to be able to compete with Bostons, the miami's and the chicago's they need to adapt a defensive mindset and D'antoni may not like it but those are the facts and Carmelo is purely a scorer nothing else really, while other top players in the league play both sides defense and offense. The knicks have a great offense but without defense it doesn't mean anything.
    Basically. Hes hopping on the bandwagon. EARLY

Veteran

Get out.

There's no such damn thing as being a Knicks fan and a Heat fan at the same time. It'd be like being both a Ravens fan and a Steelers fan.