Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carmelo=Bob McAdoo?

The toughest piece of the puzzle is going to find a decent big man.

I like DeAndre Jordan.

History shows that having two great scorers but a poor defensive club does not win.

The saddest thing about this is that Walsh was not running this trade and that maggot Isiah came back in from under the cracks.

Walsh will probably walk away. I know I would.

Too bad because we need him to finish what he started.

Originally Posted by 1970KnicksLove
    The toughest piece of the puzzle is going to find a decent big man.

I like DeAndre Jordan.

History shows that having two great scorers but a poor defensive club does not win.

The saddest thing about this is that Walsh was not running this trade and that maggot Isiah came back in from under the cracks.

Walsh will probably walk away. I know I would.

Too bad because we need him to finish what he started.
    Donnie's comments about the trade he didn't sound like a man who planned on walking out because of Isiah's involvement. It sounded like he was on board with the move to trade for Melo because he didn't think he could get Melo in free agency. Who knows if that's just lip service but I am guessing a man like DW who has nothing to prove to anyone could easily walk if he wasn't on board with this move right now & get rehired by any NBA franchise out there, but he hasn't.

Default The Big stat is a championship

Bernard King deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I like Bill Bradley his stats are kind of pathetic compared to Bernard's.
    Don't get me wrong I loved Bernard and his sensational quick release jump shot and speed driving to the hole...BUT...you are not comparing apples to apples when comparing BERNARD to DOLLAR BILL.
    Bradley was a genious for making everyone around him better and being a perfect cog in that CHAMPANIONSHIP team. Dollar Bill's role was to WIN games by "hitting the open man".
    Bernards role was getting 50 points and to 60 points if he had too.
    Numbers are just that...winning is everything. Do I care if MELO and AMARE get 25 points each or more on the opener and Boston wins....you get my drift

Bernard King deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

As much as I like Bill Bradley his stats are kind of pathetic compared to Bernard's.
    I had no idea Bernard King wasn't in the Hall of Fame. That's a verifiable absurdity.

Too bad you missed the greatest team with a capital T possibly in all of sports.

The Knicks championship teams of 1970 and 1973 were a very unselfish team and all of the players moved without the ball.

There were basically no isolations and one on one ball that you see today.

The team defense was unbelievably great.

How I miss those Knick teams.

oh, yes a goofy tall guy with wide shoulders was a role player that became a coach that broke Auerbach's championship record.

I still hate the Fakers though.

wow an oldtimer like me ....yeah i remember those days ....what a great passing team that was ..... will never forget Willis coming out of the tunnel game 7 and draging his leg up and down the court that night he hit his first two shots and the garden when wild..... clyde had 36 points 19 assist!!!!!
    I was a 12year old kid at the time
    Last edited by gaknickfan; Dec 23, 2011 at 22:56.

lol

I wouldnt go so far as to compare anthony to MR DOO

MR doo came in when the knicks were old and floundering

its kind of like if the knicks held onto starks and ewing into their mid 30s and then added melo, that team would probably be horrible

what you have now is a young up start team that collectively is just beginning to figure out how to become a championship team

when the knicks traded for earl the pearl monroe

now thats a better comparison

clyde was like amare the focal point of the knicks

and every one didnt believe an offensive shoot first guard like pearl would mesh well

i.e. melo amare

it took a feisty coach, and a solid frame work to get them to mesh well.

thats a better comparison than BOB MR DOO haha