Is it safe to say we will be going go after DeAndre Jordan this summer

New New York

Quiet Storm
I would think the full MLE is the most any team is willing to offer him and there is no team that will go after him as hard as us.

I imagine getting a call from Melo and Amare should help out immensly

Billups
Feilds
Anthony
Amare
Jordan

Should win 52 games next season!!!!

STAT1

Starter
I don't think we'll have much more than minimum level contracts to use this summer if we pick up Chauncey's option, which has been reported the Knicks have assured him they would do.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I don't think we'll have much more than minimum level contracts to use this summer if we pick up Chauncey's option, which has been reported the Knicks have assured him they would do.

we will have the full MLE to use if we pick up Billups' option this season.

moneyg

Starter
Crazy⑧s;160192 said:
If there is one.

true.. if all stays the sames.. and we pick up billups option... and turiaf picks up his team option.. we would be just over the cap.. so we can use a mid level..

if we sign d jordan for more than a year at the mid level.. and the cap is about 58 mi in 2012

with amare 20 and melo 20 and dJ at 5.. we would have about 13 mil in cap space.. hopefully cp3 or d will will take that.

mafra

Legend
GALLO might help us here. Word is LAC are one of the few teams interested in dealing for Gallo. Let's hope if he goes to LAC, Knicks manage to get Kaman or Jordan somehow.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
GALLO might help us here. Word is LAC are one of the few teams interested in dealing for Gallo. Let's hope if he goes to LAC, Knicks manage to get Kaman or Jordan somehow.

Huh? How is there interest in Gallo going to effect the Knicks ability to get players? Please explain.

I would think the full MLE is the most any team is willing to offer him and there is no team that will go after him as hard as us.

I imagine getting a call from Melo and Amare should help out immensly

Billups
Feilds
Anthony
Amare
Jordan

Should win 52 games next season!!!!

I predict a trade for either Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

Billups contract plus 2 first round picks plus Walker/Kellena/Brewer

An ideal trade would get us Paul and Ariza from NO while sending Billups, Walker, Brewer, Kellena and 2 first round picks to NO.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ughhh!! I'm so disappointed in the Knicks right now I don't even have the energy to completely tear apart ALL of these laughable signing and trade ideas.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Ughhh!! I'm so disappointed in the Knicks right now I don't even have the energy to completely tear apart ALL of these laughable signing and trade ideas.

I respect you as a poster and yes we gave up a lot of our ROLE players but you are just dead wrong on this stance. Melo scores 24pts and grabs close to 8 boards a game in his sleep. Pairing him next Amre in this system is lethal! Put Wiliams and Billiups on the perimeter and it will be impossible to guard us. Pick your poison, who do you leave single coverage on? Amare or Melo? Do you collapse on them to leave the league leader in 3 pointers open or Billups a clutch 31%+ shooter open?

Yes, we will struggle on defense but we were already getting dominated in the paint and on the boards so losing a bunch of players that did not really change that is moot. If anything we are a better rebounding team as Melo is a big upgrade at the SF position. I also think Walker with more minutes will thrive.

We were not winning anything with the core we had period! Add to it that Chandler was gone after this year anyway, AR did not play and Felton was always a short term solution and one can conclude that the trade was not bad at all. Sure, keeping Moz would have been nice but he certainly isnt worth holding up this deal or allowing a division rival to get Melo. Billiups will bring clutch playmaking and shooting with a championship pedigree for the next two years as the Knicks make an attempt to secure their big 3. 2/3rds of the big 3 have been acquired! We could never have gotten a big three without first getting a big two. This is just another step towards building a contender. Again, role players are replaceable and thats all we lost in this trade! Stop the whining please and be happy.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I respect you as a poster and yes we gave up a lot of our ROLE players but you are just dead wrong on this stance. Melo scores 24pts and grabs close to 8 boards a game in his sleep. Pairing him next Amre in this system is lethal! Put Wiliams and Billiups on the perimeter and it will be impossible to guard us. Pick your poison, who do you leave single coverage on? Amare or Melo? Do you collapse on them to leave the league leader in 3 pointers open or Billups a clutch 31%+ shooter open?

Yes, we will struggle on defense but we were already getting dominated in the paint and on the boards so losing a bunch of players that did not really change that is moot. If anything we are a better rebounding team as Melo is a big upgrade at the SF position. I also think Walker with more minutes will thrive.

We were not winning anything with the core we had period! Add to it that Chandler was gone after this year anyway, AR did not play and Felton was always a short term solution and one can conclude that the trade was not bad at all. Sure, keeping Moz would have been nice but he certainly isnt worth holding up this deal or allowing a division rival to get Melo. Billiups will bring clutch playmaking and shooting with a championship pedigree for the next two years as the Knicks make an attempt to secure their big 3. 2/3rds of the big 3 have been acquired! We could never have gotten a big three without first getting a big two. This is just another step towards building a contender. Again, role players are replaceable and thats all we lost in this trade! Stop the whining please and be happy.

If we win, I'm happy.

I respect you as a poster, Trill. You are definitely not in the "reactionary, fickle fan needing instant gratification" club.

But you have to at least understand some of my concerns. It was so simple. We could have been contenders as early as next year. We are not winning anything with the current roster either. If the CBA is favorable and we can build around Melo and Amare, then great. If it is more restricitve and we're stuck, then I know who to blame.

I was right about the cap last year, when everyone didn't believe me. I just hope I'm wrong this time. As it stands right now, and all the reports I've heard about the new CBA, it is looking very difficult to build a contender. This deal is a wait and see, for me. If we're contenders next year, I'm with you. If not, then I know who to blame.

clumsy

Rotation player
LJ i don't agree with you here mainly because you can just look at the boston celtics.

They lucked out with Rondo, but you have to ask yourself who the hekc was glen davis, kendrick perkins, eddie house, leon powe, etc was. You just need bodies when you have superstars.

Only a teams own fans would overrate their own role players. None of the guys we gave up are stars nor will they ever be them.

jzero29

Rotation player
I am going to hope for the best.
I'd just like to say that mozgov, is not a reason to hold back a trade, but his addition should have subtracted a second rounder or both. leave us with a chance to replace the role players cheap with draft picks.

but if mozgov continues to develope, a 7 footer with talent is hard if not impossible to replace.
obviously carmelo is a rare talent and worth the trade. Mozgov would have been a nice peice to hold onto though or a couple draft picks to take a chance on a replacement.