The Media Sickens Me

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
Whoever are part of the media who are doubting this trade are such hypocrites. They are talking about the steep price we had to pay. How we mortgaged our WHOLE lineup. How we included to many "bright stars". Where were these same people 2 weeks ago? Were they talking about how bright our future looked? Were they praising the Moz on his ability and skill? And Gallo's amazing shooting prowess. ESPN is talking about losing Randolph like losing the insurance for Amare. When did Randolph ever sub in for Amare?

The media just wants to dump on the Knicks. Well guess what. The Knicks, like it or not, just got way better.

mafra

Legend
First they said we had no assets worth anything, not they claim we gave up all our assets? Huh?

If news leaked that NJ was close, there was breaking news everywhere... Knicks trade for Melo and it took 2 hours for news to start "breaking" ... LOL!

We gave up Mozgov but get back a better player in Sheldon Williams. We gave up Felton but get back a better PG, who is playoff tested. We gave up Chandler (Mr. Aloof) and bring back Corey Brewer, who is on par with WC.

I understand that Dolan paid 1.50 on the dollar. But, the same folk who said we struck out in free agency last year now awake to the fact we have Amar'e and Carmelo... that doesn't play along with the narrative they wish to project.

Kobe misses playoffs when he's without a C (Shaq or Gasol), yet Carmelo (who carried K-Martin in the playoffs) cannot help a team win the big game? He almost beat LAK all by himself a few years ago.

Carmelo on LAK the last 3 years... He has 2 rings. If KOBE was on DEN the last few years, he has 0 rings.

Carmelo and Anthony together equal 55 wins.

Bring on CHI now. Give us a 2nd round series against MIA. Bring it!

vpell

Benchwarmer
Whoever are part of the media who are doubting this trade are such hypocrites. They are talking about the steep price we had to pay. How we mortgaged our WHOLE lineup. How we included to many "bright stars". Where were these same people 2 weeks ago? Were they talking about how bright our future looked? Were they praising the Moz on his ability and skill? And Gallo's amazing shooting prowess. ESPN is talking about losing Randolph like losing the insurance for Amare. When did Randolph ever sub in for Amare?

The media just wants to dump on the Knicks. Well guess what. The Knicks, like it or not, just got way better.

The media has been EXTREMELY positive about this trade and said that the Knicks are finally a contender. The only people saying the crap you're talking about is at knicks forums.

mafra

Legend
The media has been EXTREMELY positive about this trade and said that the Knicks are finally a contender. The only people saying the crap you're talking about is at knicks forums.

Not true. Barry said Melo wont help, work with Stoudemie nor make NYK better. Stuart Scott and MIke Greenberg were sort of saying that NYK gave up too much, so much so that it'll be tough for them to compete.

STAT1

Starter
If the Knicks didn't make this trade the media would all be talking about how guys like Timo Mozgov & Gallo weren't worth risking losing Melo over. You can't win with the media, they're gonna kill any move you make either way cuz they always want to present the idea that they know better & play the "I Told You So" card.

**** the media, they only love Lebron and Wade!

They never gave the Knicks any credit. Even in the Ewing days they were hating on the Knicks and raving about the Bulls.

I don't care about the media. The only thing I know is:

Boston has 1 or 2 seasons left.
The Lakers have 1 or 2 seasons left
Orlando is not good enough after their trade
San Antonio has 1 season left
Dallas has 1 or 2 seasons left
Chicago is one injury away from beeing an 8th place contender (D.Rose)

I say we're pretty much in the hunt for a ring if everything goes right. By 2012 we'lle be up there with Miami and probably Oklahoma City. If we get Chris Paul we're better than Miami imo, because they have no legit Point guard and won't get one due to cap issues.

jpz17

Starter
im sick of hearing about the trade. how about talk about the best player on the knicks, amare stoudemire. or the best coach in the nba, mike d'antoni. or the best exec in the nba donnie walsh.
or how raymond felton is an allstar talent.