Carmelo's Jersey Number...

jpz17

Starter
Of all things to talk about, I'm sure Melo's jersey number is the most important.

rsz_245990746-1.jpg

Carmelo Anthony is New York bound after the Knicks and Denver Nuggets finalized a mega-trade on Monday evening. Once in New York, however, Anthony will have to find a new jersey. The No. 15 he wore in his time with the Nuggets was retired by the Knicks, honoring Dick McGuire, elected to the Knicks Hall of Fame in 1993.
We've seen one Photoshop attempt at Anthony in a Knicks jersey already, but what other options does he have. In high school, Anthony wore No. 22. Unfortunately, that number, worn by Dave DeBusschere, was also retired by the Knicks in 1983. Seeing as how 22 and 15 were the only two numbers he wore -- 22 in high school, 15 at Syracuse and in Denver -- it looks like Anthony will be branching out when he gets to New York.
Luckily, with almost half of the Knicks' roster leaving town after the trade, at least Anthony will have his pick of available numbers without having to fight a returning veteran.

New York Knicks fans may have left their homes early today to try and hit the stores to purchase a Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks jersey, but there is only one issue. The newly acquired Knick has yet to reveal what number he will be wearing.
It is very likely that Carmelo will be in uniform for the Knicks game on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden for his debut.
One thing that is certain is the fact that Carmelo Anthony will not be wearing his traditional No. 15. The New York Knicks have retired that number twice in the past for Earl Monroe and Dick McGuire.
Ever since LeBron James decided to take his talents to South Beach, the Knicks' attention has turned to acquiring Carmelo Anthony. Anthony also expressed his desire to play in New York several times throughout the season This also included a toast by Chris Paul at his wedding to create a squad to counter the Miami Heat big three of James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
With all that said, there has been plenty of time for Carmelo to picture himself in a New York Knicks uniform and select a jersey number.
The guess by many is that he will wear No. 30. It looks like Carmelo Anthony will keep fans waiting just a bit longer as he makes his debut for the New York Knicks organization with a press conference slated for Tuesday morning.

Dime is reporting he will wear #13..

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Nice, cant wait to get one of those jerseys! Last time I bought a jersey was Marburys and after that I promised myself I wouldnt buy another Knicks jersey until I know for sure we have someone that will be here for a while and is not a psycho prick.

sboyd79

Rookie
I joined beginning of December so not sure if i count on the bandwagon group or just a low poster? Anyhows

I hope he wears 13 just because thats the number I wear over here in Scotland plus it means a bit to me. No matter what number he goes with i expect the jersey to sell well.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
apparently he's requested to wear number 7 loll. nothings official yet though, im still hoping he chooses number 30.

either way i like it haahah, we have fields take number 6 loll and now melo taking 7 hahaha

p0nder

Starter
#7 is the number, tho Azzy has that number now, tho i'm sure he'll give it up without too much fuss.