Mayo & Thabeet

Should we be targeting these guys? Maybe Brewer and Sheldon Williams get it done. Mayo could be our offense off the bench. Thabeet our stopper down low. Giving up Moz made us so small.

iSaYughh

Starter
Stop, plz. Youre starting to make too good sense.

Perfrct trade to explore. Go for both. Thabeet makes sense for us to take a flyer on, and may makes getting mayo even easier. Thabeet did his ball @uconn, return to these parts could do him good.

Mayo lets us go truly small/explosive,

Billups (.400 3 range)
Mayo (.400 3 range)
Fields
Melo
Amare

If mda will go small often, we may as well make it as truly effective as possible.

Billups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Thabeet/Turiaf
6th Mayo

Douglas, Williams bench

Dar? i say, in theory...a truly BIG 5man rotation brewing.

Thabeet?

:teeth: LMAO

Mayo is not as good as he thinks he is, which turns him into a headcase.

Bottom line: No thank you!

I'd like us to get Dalembert for the playoffs.

You gotta think Thabeet can do as much as Moz did if not more. Mayo is more than a decent role player. He could be 6th man of the year on this team. I think adding both is worth the gamble...

so we get rid of mozgof a weak center for thabeet a weak center

and we get rid of chandler, a fruitless chucker

for mayo a fruitless chucker

sorry not into it

We go for the likes of of ramon sessions, or deandre jordan at this point
we need a back up pg still
and we need a back up center still

not named thabeet and mayo.

p0nder

Starter
^DFDH has a good point. I don't think these players would be all that effective. We need some size and we need a back up PG that can run a decent picknroll.

so we get rid of mozgof a weak center for thabeet a weak center

and we get rid of chandler, a fruitless chucker

for mayo a fruitless chucker

sorry not into it

We go for the likes of of ramon sessions, or deandre jordan at this point
we need a back up pg still
and we need a back up center still

not named thabeet and mayo.

Sure you may want BETTER players, but are they available? For cheap? We've traded almost all of our pieces worth anything. If you can get these to guys for anything on our roster you got to do it.

Dont get me wrong Jordan would be great, but can we realistically get him right now...

Markutis

Benchwarmer
Hell no. Thabeet is not a basketball player. He still needs to learn so many aspects of the game that he probably would never be an NBA caliber player. Best case scenario is Thabeet becoming a late bloomer a la Kwame Brown. Couldn't solve nothing.

About Mayo, now Rudy Gay is down for at least 4 weeks (if not the rest of the season) Memphis will not trade him. They're chasing the playoffs and need a scorer badly.

iSaYughh

Starter
Sure you may want BETTER players, but are they available? For cheap? We've traded almost all of our pieces worth anything. If you can get these to guys for anything on our roster you got to do it.

Dont get me wrong Jordan would be great, but can we realistically get him right now...

Of course we realistically can't get him. Not after relinquishing almost all our quality assets.

We need to pray Kaman stays put, and that the Clips..are The Clips...And let him go to us for a MLE type deal.

Granted, I was begging for us to trade for him over a year ago. But id be joyously stunned if he comes here now.

Thabeet/Mayo would be a coup if the price were right (maybe it now isn't). Mayo would be like N8 for us, except superior in almost every way. Take a flyer on Thabeet, pray for Jordan, ink Glen Davis, powermove in draft for Jimmers.

And go to war, refining here and there. A Big Three is a fantasy at this point (barring a guy like Jordan or Mayo ascending, or us drafting a stud this year).

Billups-Jimmers
Fields-Mayo
Melo-Williams
Amare-Turiaf
Davis-Thabeet

That could be a legit contender. Even after Billups goes.

STAT1

Starter
Thabust is a stiff & he has a longterm contract we can't afford to take on. Not worth the hassle.

Mayo wouldn't be a bad option but we have nothing to offer in a trade other than maybe a Corey Brewer & Toney Douglas package.

la2ny

Starter
Thabust is a stiff & he has a longterm contract we can't afford to take on. Not worth the hassle.

Mayo wouldn't be a bad option but we have nothing to offer in a trade other than maybe a Corey Brewer & Toney Douglas package.
Thabeet only has a 2 year contract meaning he'd be gone during the cp3/dwill summer.

STAT1

Starter
Thabeet only has a 2 year contract meaning he'd be gone during the cp3/dwill summer.

Well he's got a team option for '13 & a qualifying offer year in '14. I guess you're technically right his contract is only guaranteed until the end of next season. Still, the guy is not an NBA calibre player, I've watched him play in Memphis he has zero offensive skillset looks worse than Manute Bol at least Bol had a perimeter J. Honestly I would rather trade for Mozgov to come back then make a move for Thabeet, & you know where I stand on Mozgov. Plus Thabeet's contract is $4.8M which means we'd probably have to lose Turiaf along with Azabuike & other pieces to get him with Mayo in the same deal, which pretty much defeats the purpose of trading for him to begin with.

la2ny

Starter
Well he's got a team option for '13 & a qualifying offer year in '14. I guess you're technically right his contract is only guaranteed until the end of next season. Still, the guy is not an NBA calibre player, I've watched him play in Memphis he has zero offensive skillset looks worse than Manute Bol at least Bol had a perimeter J. Honestly I would rather trade for Mozgov to come back then make a move for Thabeet, & you know where I stand on Mozgov. Plus Thabeet's contract is $4.8M which means we'd probably have to lose Turiaf along with Azabuike & other pieces to get him with Mayo in the same deal, which pretty much defeats the purpose of trading for him to begin with.
Well to be truthfull Buike might not ever be the same so I say if we can use that contract of his as a piece then we should do it if it means a big. Him and Ronny in a Dalembert or Camby deal could work out nice.

Im hearing if NJ isn't able to trade Troy Murphy by the deadline he will be bought out. Im just throwing out names, but, What do you think about him?

STAT1

Starter
Definitely bro if it's for Dalembert or Camby I'd do that Turiaf/Buike deal yesterday, but I don't think DW was able to get a Camby deal done according to the report I read they were trying to work him in as part of the Melo trade but it didn't pan out. I hear Joel Pryzbilla's name being talked about a lot too, maybe he's an option, but I still wouldn't want to lose Turiaf I think he adds a ton to the overall chemistry of this team. He's like JYD used to be, always getting guys pumped up & entertained, plus he plays good D inside & blocks shots, so we can't really afford to lose him unless we're getting back a player that does those things better like Dalembert.

Troy Murphy I doubt the Knicks & Nets will be doing any deals with each other anytime soon, he's probably on his way to Denver is my guess or maybe to Sactown for Dalembert to screw the Knicks over. I wouldn't put that past the mad Russian at all. But if he's bought out then I guess MDA would love another big that can shoot 3's, we all know he can't get enough of those. :p

la2ny

Starter
Definitely bro if it's for Dalembert or Camby I'd do that Turiaf/Buike deal yesterday, but I don't think DW was able to get a Camby deal done according to the report I read they were trying to work him in as part of the Melo trade but it didn't pan out. I hear Joel Pryzbilla's name being talked about a lot too, maybe he's an option, but I still wouldn't want to lose Turiaf I think he adds a ton to the overall chemistry of this team. He's like JYD used to be, always getting guys pumped up & entertained, plus he plays good D inside & blocks shots, so we can't really afford to lose him unless we're getting back a player that does those things better like Dalembert.

Troy Murphy I doubt the Knicks & Nets will be doing any deals with each other anytime soon, he's probably on his way to Denver is my guess or maybe to Sactown for Dalembert to screw the Knicks over. I wouldn't put that past the mad Russian at all. But if he's bought out then I guess MDA would love another big that can shoot 3's, we all know he can't get enough of those. :p
Lol yeah its pretty much Dalembert I really have my eye on. He had 18pts, and 13 rebs tonight against MIA. We could really use that.

When it comes to Murphy if he is bought out he'd be a great pickup.