Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Change up the deal and maybe

• Not even realistic to me

• Total voters

Paul1355

All Star
Since Broussard reported the internal negotiations between the Knicks and Clips I figured out a realistic 3 team trade involving 3 teams that very well could all be linked if the Knicks actually did this.

Knicks, Clippers, and Raptors

Knicks trade: Melo and Chandler to Clips/ and Felton, Shump, Hardaway or 1st round to Raptors

Clippers trade: Griffin, Jordan, and JJ Redick to Knicks

Raptors trade: Kyle Lowry

Knicks get: Griffin, Jordan, Redick, and Lowry

Clips gets: Melo and Chandler

Raptors get: Felton, Shump, and Hardaway or 1st round pick from Knicks (2018)

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k86u55a

Let me explain: First off the Knicks and Raptors almost made the Lowry deal and it did not go through because the Knicks didn't want to give up Hardaway or a 1st round pick. If the Knicks can give up Felton, Shumpert who might be breaking out, and Hardaway a young stud guard or a 1st round pick then the Raptors would most likely take that deal. The deal breaker was Hardaway or the 1st round and the fact that the Knicks would get back so much in this entire deal shows that they can live with giving up Hardaway or the pick if they got back Reddick and Lowry in the back court. Raptors know Lowry is bolting and getting back a decent PG in Felton and two young studs which they covet is a great deal for them.

The Clippers would make this deal simply because Chris Paul is great friends with both Melo and CHandler (who he played years with). Imagine the hornets playoff teams with Paul and Chandler, now add Melo, and you have one of the best teams in the NBA. This trade would instantly put the Clippers from middle of the pack in the West to instant title contenders. Clippers win out the most in this deal. They would lose the young guys in Griffin and Jordan and a sharp shooter in Reddick but they are getting back veterans that know how to win (atleast from years past). If Melo had an allstar PG we all know he could be the Olympic Melo. And this is the only team that Melo would go to in a sign and trade scenerio and be satisfied.

The Knicks would make this deal if Melo is def leaving. They would not want to give up Chandler easily and realistically they might never, but if the Clips say we would only make this move if you threw in Chandler, then the Knicks can be satisfied with a ferocious young player in Deandrea Jordan in return. Lob city will come to NY, just with Lowry throwing the lobs who is sporting a 19 per and torched the Knicks last game for over 30 points and almost going for a triple double. Lowry knows how to break down a defense, maintain a fast paced offense and knock down the long shots for floor spacing. He is a compliment to players like Griffin and Jordan that need a PG to break down a defense. He is no Chris Paul, but Lowry is a legit starting, quick and speedy PG that gives the Knicks a young fast break offense.
The Knicks need to get younger and having Griffin for 5 years along with Jordan, Reddick for 2 years and Lowry who will hopefully be resigned gives them a young solid playoff team. The Knicks bench will also be solid with Prigioni, Smith, World Peace, Martin, and Bargnani.

Every team wins out and the Knicks can look to 2015 free agency with a team that can compete and play well at multiple positions in the mean time, with a bench that can light it up on offense and hold their own on defense.

What do you guys think?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I think, come the day after the trade deadline, nothing will be done and Melo will leave.

petescud

Starter
i think thats too much for Lowry....KEEP Shump/Hardaway...see if they would take first rounder, Felton, MWP and Murry

Paul1355

All Star
That is more complicated, involves too many rival teams, and to be honest the Bulls might ask for more than just Shump and a 1st. And the Celtics will ask for more than Jeremy Lin (glorified 6th man) and Omer Asik for Rondo. Just don't think it is realistic to what teams would really want.

Not trying to be biased here, but atleast I can understand my trade from every team's perspective. This one only the Knicks get what they really want.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
We've got some major rumblings happening atm, The Knicks are attempting to trade Melo to Golden State for Harrison Barnes,David Lee and Nedovic.

THIS IS ALL RUMOR. Keep calm but what are your thoughts? How could Golden State say no? They'd be so deadly and for us? idk lol

We've got some major rumblings happening atm, The Knicks are attempting to trade Melo to Golden State for Harrison Barnes,David Lee and Nedovic.

THIS IS ALL RUMOR. Keep calm but what are your thoughts? How could Golden State say no? They'd be so deadly and for us? idk lol

Where are you hearing/seeing is? I like all three of those guys to one degree or another, but Lee would screw up our salary cap space in 2015. I think Golden State should have to package a 1st round pick, too. Lee is a good player, but not a guy you can build any kind of team around without ample cap space. Again, another random rumor, but what else do we have to keep our interest at this point?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Where are you hearing/seeing is? I like all three of those guys to one degree or another, but Lee would screw up our salary cap space in 2015. I think Golden State should have to package a 1st round pick, too. Lee is a good player, but not a guy you can build any kind of team around without ample cap space. Again, another random rumor, but what else do we have to keep our interest at this point?

Someone had tweeted a list of Carmelo trades and Tommy Dee had said

Tommy Dee ‏@_TommyDee_ 1h @Mr_Norof The deal with Golden State, in my mind, is Melo for Lee/Barnes/Nedovic

which doesnt mean much, mostly like every trade rumor but this one is new.

metrocard

Legend
Terrible trade.

1. Do you realize how many 1st round picks we traded away already? You still don't give a damn that we have no representation in any draft or won't be rewarded for our crap play this season? Throwing a draft pick in any trade is just stupid. Stop trading picks.

2. Redick is a back up SG

3. Jordan is good, but risky.

4. Griffin isn't that good to lead this franchise anywhere.

5. You underrate the hell out of Shumpert. We traded Ariza, We traded Robinson, We traded Lee...how many times are we going to learn you dont trade away good young players? Just stop please.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
I am not a hater of Melo, Felton, or Chandler; although all three are overrated to some extent. I am also maybe the only Knick fan who has not given up on Stat. Despite this, my problem with the proposed deal is that I would prefer to rebuild around the young players: Shumpert, Hardaway, Tyler, and Murry.

So I am against any plan which trades them, or any more draft picks.

I have no problem with trading anyone else, but I would be looking for young players with upside and chemistry (relative to the "core four" above) and/or draft picks. I also am not afraid of letting Melo and Chandler wallk for "nothing". If Stat is willing to stay past his contract for the vet minimum, I have no problem with that, or letting him also walk also. That would give the Knicks significant cap space. Of the contracts left, I regret J R Smith more than Bargnani, despite Bargnani's obvious shortcomings.

Examples of trade scenarios I would prefer:

1) Boston
Trade Melo and Chandler for Rondo, Humphries, Wallace, some of Boston's future picks plus whatever (to make the money match - Otherwise, I would prefer Olynyk, Bass, or Sullinger to Humphries or Wallace).

2) Cleveland
Trade Melo and Chandler for Irving, Bynum, Varejao, and Jack, plus future picks.

3) Lakers
Trade Melo, Chandler, and JR Smith for Kobe, Gasol, and future picks. (Granted this violates the young player part, aside from the picks)

4) OKC
Trade Melo and JR Smith for Ibaka, Sefalosha, Perkins, plus a future pick.

All of the above aside. I think the best plan is to stand pat, unless there is a way to unload JR. Simply make JR a 15 minutes a game player otherwise. Shumpert seems to be turning himself around. Hardaway, Tyler and Murry just need more playing time. Let Melo, Chandler, Stat, etc. walk if necessary and bring in better younger complementary free agents with IQ who play with focus at both ends of the court. Make smaller trades along the way for draft picks, wherever possible. And please, stop letting players come back from injury too early - what has that bought us aside from 10-22 - with no healthy roster in sight?

Last edited:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I am not a hater of Melo, Felton, or Chandler; although all three are overrated to some extent. I am also maybe the only Knick fan who has not given up on Stat. Despite this, my problem with the proposed deal is that I would prefer to rebuild around the young players: Shumpert, Hardaway, Tyler, and Murry.

So I am against any plan which trades them, or any more draft picks.

I have no problem with trading anyone else, but I would be looking for young players with upside and chemistry (relative to the "core four" above) and/or draft picks. I also am not afraid of letting Melo and Chandler wallk for "nothing". If Stat is willing to stay past his contract for the vet minimum, I have no problem with that, or letting him also walk also. That would give the Knicks significant cap space. Of the contracts left, I regret J R Smith more than Bargnani, despite Bargnani's obvious shortcomings.

Examples of trade scenarios I would prefer:

1) Boston
Trade Melo and Chandler for Rondo, Humphries, Wallace, some of Boston's future picks plus whatever (to make the money match - Otherwise, I would prefer Olynyk, Bass, or Sullinger to Humphries or Wallace).

2) Cleveland
Trade Melo and Chandler for Irving, Bynum, Varejao, and Jack, plus future picks.

3) Lakers
Trade Melo, Chandler, and JR Smith for Kobe, Gasol, and future picks. (Granted this violates the young player part, aside from the picks)

4) OKC
Trade Melo and JR Smith for Ibaka, Sefalosha, Perkins, plus a future pick.

All of the above aside. I think the best plan is to stand pat, unless there is a way to unload JR. Simply make JR a 15 minutes a game player otherwise. Shumpert seems to be turning himself around. Hardaway, Tyler and Murry just need more playing time. Let Melo, Chandler, Stat, etc. walk if necessary and bring in better younger complementary free agents with IQ who play with focus at both ends of the court. Make smaller trades along the way for draft picks, wherever possible. And please, stop letting players come back from injury too early - what has that bought us aside from 10-22 - with no healthy roster in sight?

In no universe do any of these trades happen