Where does Woodson rank?

Forrest17

Rotation player
Ok list. I don't understand Eric Spolestras placing. He is not very good at all. All we hear is how that team cant close. I think a huge part of that has to do with his absolutely awful play calling late in games rather than his players inabilities. Almost any coach on the list would have been able to accomplish the same he has with his roster

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Woody medicore? IMO if a coach can get a struggling .500 crew to finish the season with a 18-6 run he's way above medicority. #TeamWoody

tiger0330

Legend
I definitely don't think Monty Williams, Ty Corbin, Keith Smart and Vogel are better than Woody, what have they proved. Scott Skiles #9 is a joke as well, Woody clowned him last season from what I remember.

CoolClyde

f*ck this bullsh*t list. that's like saying the Knicks are the 18th best team
in the league, instead of looking at Wood Son's 18-6 record with the Knicks.
what else can you go on? lame excuse for a column with nothing better to write.

woodson_potatohead.jpg

SUCK A POTATO D*CK!

Paul1355

All Star
This is an interesting read. Charley Rosen has some strong opinions.

http://hoopshype.com/columns/rosen/the-coaching-rankings

I agree with his ranking of Woodson btw.

Can't wait for the season to start.

Woody should be better....I believe people under estimate him because they judge him on his performance as Hawks coach with a young team of hot heads like Josh Smith. Woodson is better suited with professionals that dont bitch and moan...guys that respect him off the bat. He had to be more of a drill seargent with the Hawks, with the Knicks he can be more of a friend coach and not be so harsh.

The players we have will do so much better with Woodson than most coaches. But would Woodson do just as well as Tyrone Corbin in Utah? I think so.

Rick Adelmen has a very high ranking, over rated ranking. He did well coaching the Rockets in the playoffs for years after Yao and T Mac were down but #6??

Avery Johnson #10??? Please

Lawrence Frank #11? LOL

The trick is seeing what teams that are not good that compete every night.

Byron Scott, Monty Williams, and Alvin Gentry are under rated on this list.

Collins ranked 7th when he was almost out of a job as Philley squeeked into 8th spot in the East after losing a million games in the 2nd half of the year...deserves a #7?

Mike Brown is a terrible coach...#22 is being nice

I dont agree with the rankings and Woody will prove whoever ranked these coaches that he deserves better. Not being biased, i think Woody is better than what most people think.

KBlack25

Starter
I'm not a huge Woodson fan. I think he's pretty overrated generally on all fronts.

That said, I also think coaching is overrated generally.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Woody should be better....I believe people under estimate him because they judge him on his performance as Hawks coach with a young team of hot heads like Josh Smith. Woodson is better suited with professionals that dont bitch and moan...guys that respect him off the bat. He had to be more of a drill seargent with the Hawks, with the Knicks he can be more of a friend coach and not be so harsh.

The players we have will do so much better with Woodson than most coaches. But would Woodson do just as well as Tyrone Corbin in Utah? I think so.

Rick Adelmen has a very high ranking, over rated ranking. He did well coaching the Rockets in the playoffs for years after Yao and T Mac were down but #6??

Avery Johnson #10??? Please

Lawrence Frank #11? LOL

The trick is seeing what teams that are not good that compete every night.

Byron Scott, Monty Williams, and Alvin Gentry are under rated on this list.

Collins ranked 7th when he was almost out of a job as Philley squeeked into 8th spot in the East after losing a million games in the 2nd half of the year...deserves a #7?

Mike Brown is a terrible coach...#22 is being nice

I dont agree with the rankings and Woody will prove whoever ranked these coaches that he deserves better. Not being biased, i think Woody is better than what most people think.

Yea yea yea..

Rosen was pretty right on imo. His top 5 is def legit and Woodson is average w a lot to prove.

I'm not a huge Woodson fan. I think he's pretty overrated generally on all fronts.

That said, I also think coaching is overrated generally.

Couldn't agree more. It's about the players.

Last edited: