So what is it now? TO MANY POINT GUARDS???

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You are right about the pick and rolls,its a no show just like the team ball/ball movement is a no show.I hav'nt seen nothing like this with a team that has two star players in the league look so bad.

smokes

Huge Member
D'antoni isn't a bad coach?
tumblr_ld1b2lorjV1qavd3x.gif

He is a bad coach with our roster. He was Coach of the Year with his roster in PHX.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Biggest problem is the coach, now that Lin is back to reality MDA is being exposed as a coach that over relies on his PG's. He has prob the most balanced roster top to bottom but he does not utilize them properly at all. I understand he has a system but if they players don't fit you have to make adjustments.

I'd actually like to see Van Gundy get another shot in NY, it would be interesting to see what he could do with this roster.

JS3

Benchwarmer
You are all right

It will be refreshing to see a new coach whatever the squad is.

people on this forum are smart and know basketball, basketball isnt science, its played simple, but when its get complicated(triangle, ssol, etc'), well, that is where superstars & role players shouled gel & melo:)boohoo:) together.

i was so excited to get Amare, and afterwards carmelo, i thought that they will jam together on the floor, but what they are doing is running from responsibility.

number 1 basic rule in basketball is, when things get wrong, go to basic, that's what JLIN and Tyson made, that's what we liked and were hyped so much, but now?

all i here in the post game is excuses from stat mainly(no energy, no spacing, bla bla bla), who are you blaming, it was un-excusable what he did with the PnR on T Parker, and our coach? did nothing.

we have great offensive assets but we are not using them correctly, we have ourselves a Triangle, like we wanted, but a different one:

D'anthony
STAT Melo

every time you juggle with one or two with the above, something happen.

we brhought Woodson, defense is better, STAT is out, JJ is in with better D, Melo is out, less ISO, both of them out, Linsation occur.

only when all 3 is in place:
Stat & Melo healthy
D'antony feels safe

the shit is hitting the fan('s)

i really don't know what to expect from our Knickerbockers, we are 8th, hopefully will not fall beacause all of us want some playoff time, is it?

what is worse, Boston sweep? or Miamy?

jeeezzz......:alert:

miked1958

Rotation player
He lost that Boston game cause instead of fouling pierce with four seconds left he allows him to shoot the 3. A shot he was hitting from out there all night. He gave that game away. U or I which know nothing about coaching put pierce on the line for the one free throw, then the very low % slam the ball off rim and hope to get a tip in last second....duh

fender0577

Rotation player
I said this all along, give him his PG, so he can be exposed, for the bad coach he is.It's like putting a BAN-AID, on a gunshot wound with this guy, a PG won't help all his shortcomings as a coach.From, no in game adjustments(AT ALL), to bench your stars, for long periods of time, for no good reason.Not calling TO's to stop runs, to not fouling to prevent the shoot everyone knows the other teams looking for,to using a 7man rotation, when you have a least 9 good players.We have 2, career 24PPG scorers, yet both of them, go 5,6,7,+ possessions without touching the ball, this is unacceptable, any coach worth a damn, could get these guys there shots.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
I said this all along, give him his PG, so he can be exposed, for the bad coach he is.It's like putting a BAN-AID, on a gunshot wound with this guy, a PG won't help all his shortcomings as a coach.From, no in game adjustments(AT ALL), to bench your stars, for long periods of time, for no good reason.Not calling TO's to stop runs, to not fouling to prevent the shoot everyone knows the other teams looking for,to using a 7man rotation, when you have a least 9 good players.We have 2, career 24PPG scorers, yet both of them, go 5,6,7,+ possessions without touching the ball, this is unacceptable, any coach worth a damn, could get these guys there shots.

Agree with all the points everyone is making over here.....what i've noticed to over the last few games is the following:
During Lin-sanity, teams didnt know about jlin, they didnt scout him and try to take away his right. Also the fact that he play inferior point guards also helped.
When Melo came back, after that Dallas win, teams coincidentally started to gameplan for Jlin. And what works is trapping him above the 3pt line. From there on out, every game we lost, if you look, teams trap Jlin and he doesnt get rid of the ball quickly.

This is precisely what we didnt anticipate would happen when Melo returned. All along we said we'd be even better because as soon as Jlin is trapped you swing the ball over and Melo would beast one on one. But the problem is Jlin runs away towards the halfcourt when hes getting double teamed and hes so far out near the halfcourt line, the double teamer as time to go back to his man. All this takes up clock and then we are forced into either Jlin drive in (he turns it over or takes a bad short shot) or he pulls up a the 3pt line with a hand in his face.

Mike needs to figure out a way to get the ball out of Jlin's hands fast when he gets doubleteamed so the defense is at a disadvantage and we can make our move. Or Jlin needs to learn how to split it (i.e. Chris Paul is the best at this). For someone whose an offensive genius, Mike is a dunce when it comes to making adjustments on the fly. Actually not even on the fly, we've had the same thing happen to us since the boston game and still no tweaks. :barf:

nyk_nyk

All Star
Biggest problem is the coach, now that Lin is back to reality MDA is being exposed as a coach that over relies on his PG's. He has prob the most balanced roster top to bottom but he does not utilize them properly at all. I understand he has a system but if they players don't fit you have to make adjustments.

I'd actually like to see Van Gundy get another shot in NY, it would be interesting to see what he could do with this roster.

THIS IS IT!!!!!

Obviously, our two stars have to play a bit better as well but this is it. The Linsanity was a combination of teams not being prepared for his style of play plus we played mostly bad teams during that 7 game stretch.

I notice every team we play now (thx to MIA) knows to trap Lin near half court or in the paint. He's still effective but not nearly as much and his passing game has regressed a bit. He will learn but it only gets harder for him at this point. Even more so in the playoffs when teams can fully gameplan for an entire series.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Agree with all the points everyone is making over here.....what i've noticed to over the last few games is the following:
During Lin-sanity, teams didnt know about jlin, they didnt scout him and try to take away his right. Also the fact that he play inferior point guards also helped.
When Melo came back, after that Dallas win, teams coincidentally started to gameplan for Jlin. And what works is trapping him above the 3pt line. From there on out, every game we lost, if you look, teams trap Jlin and he doesnt get rid of the ball quickly.

This is precisely what we didnt anticipate would happen when Melo returned. All along we said we'd be even better because as soon as Jlin is trapped you swing the ball over and Melo would beast one on one. But the problem is Jlin runs away towards the halfcourt when hes getting double teamed and hes so far out near the halfcourt line, the double teamer as time to go back to his man. All this takes up clock and then we are forced into either Jlin drive in (he turns it over or takes a bad short shot) or he pulls up a the 3pt line with a hand in his face.

Mike needs to figure out a way to get the ball out of Jlin's hands fast when he gets doubleteamed so the defense is at a disadvantage and we can make our move. Or Jlin needs to learn how to split it (i.e. Chris Paul is the best at this). For someone whose an offensive genius, Mike is a dunce when it comes to making adjustments on the fly. Actually not even on the fly, we've had the same thing happen to us since the boston game and still no tweaks. :barf:
Damn I basically repeated everything you said before I even read your post.

You get a +1 for that sir!

What happened to the Dantoni Lovers? (Sounds like a Pizza Hut pizza) Ron, Kblack et all. I'd love to get their opinion on what has transpired the last few games...

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
THIS IS IT!!!!!

Obviously, our two stars have to play a bit better as well but this is it. The Linsanity was a combination of teams not being prepared for his style of play plus we played mostly bad teams during that 7 game stretch.

I notice every team we play now (thx to MIA) knows to trap Lin near half court or in the paint. He's still effective but not nearly as much and his passing game has regressed a bit. He will learn but it only gets harder for him at this point. Even more so in the playoffs when teams can fully gameplan for an entire series.

It doesn't help when your STAR teammates can't hit a damn shot. Or when your STAR PF does a pick n' roll with and lets the entire WORLD know he's open by immediately throwing both his hands up into the air. OHHH OHHHHH LOOK AT ME EVERYONE IM OPEN!! You gotta be incognegroe with that shit as you roll to the basket. If he could jump and catch an ally, it would also help so teams would play back on him on the roll. Instead they crowd him so he can't get a low pass.

Melo cant make a jumper to save his life. 38% shooting for the season.

J.R. Smith cant shoot since first game here.

Fields can't play with Melo on the floor cause Melo is stagnant and doesnt keep the defenders moving.

Lin gets trapped and double teamed constantly cause the only person he can pass to and know is gonna sink a shot is Novak who is now being smothered by the other team.

There is a reason why every time we won in the past 15 games, Lin had 8+ assists and Novak had 15+ points. It's not rocket science people. Our star PF is no longer the threat he was inside and our star SF has lost his shooting touch because he cant jack 20+ shots a game anymore.

they should give some minutes to Toney Douglas on the SG position. Let him and Shump/Landry share minutes, so that all of them can be quite fresh

red32

Benchwarmer
Let's say that we put Lin back on the bench and let Melo and Stat have as touches as they want, and you think we'll start winning?! Haven't we played this game before?