Knicks @ Hornets

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ah, I feel better now. The nightly Jared Jeffires blows an uncontested, point blank layup- that leads to a fastbreak and subsequent run for the other team.

LOL! Walsh actually thinks someone will trade for JJ. That just shows you how clueless our GM is.

Yea, curry as well. Who the fukk will ever trade for these two fools? The GM would have to be dumb, deaf and blind to ever consider gay-fries and mcflurry.

mafra

Legend
Yea, curry as well. Who the fukk will ever trade for these two fools? The GM would have to be dumb, deaf and blind to ever consider gay-fries and mcflurry.

Barring and executive order, or divine intervention, nobody is trading for Eddie Curry. Nobody is going to hand this tool 10 million dollars next year.

If Walsh thinks there's even a remote possibility if this happening, then I really question his ability to do anything. He cannot be that clueless.

The sad part of all this, which nobody will address, is D'ant cannot get this team to even try. I can handle losing, I just cannot watch millionaires pout and mope around the floor.

mafra

Legend
Watching duhon play makes me want to punch d'antoni in his vagina. Play Nate Already!!!

Give me Douglas. At least he'll play defense. N8 will score, but while he's pounding his chest his man will beat him down the court and score an easy bucket. Getting the ball to score is a priveledge. If you wont work, then you don't deserve the rock.

To be fair to N8 though.... We should just release him so he can take his act elsewhere.

Kiyaman

Legend
What coach allows the opponent to freely inbound the ball when there's about 2 seconds and they have to throw the ball all the way down court. What coach doesn't have a defender blocking the inbounders view?

Shuuuut! like this is why we need an experience headcoach.
Or stick with the 6-man rotation of veteran experience players whom learned from their previous headcoaches on how to win.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Give me Douglas. At least he'll play defense. N8 will score, but while he's pounding his chest his man will beat him down the court and score an easy bucket. Getting the ball to score is a priveledge. If you wont work, then you don't deserve the rock.

To be fair to N8 though.... We should just release him so he can take his act elsewhere.

Well said Mafra. I love Nate's abilities but hate his antics. This kid is so talented and he's just wasting it. Why can't you just score and not celebrate and get back on defense? Ok i understand if it was a strong dunk or a game changing bucket but every shot come on. I wish Nate really learns from this benching and starts to take his job seriously. I would love for him to stay because he is that offensive threat that any team would love coming off their bench.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

Lmao. You still feel that way about nate, huh? Then you're gonna love the threads I put up tomorrow.

I'm gonna be showing nate madd love (no homo) tomorrow. Eddy curry/limousine driver type love :lol:

Its gonna be all about nate. Get ready.

smokes

Huge Member
Well said Mafra. I love Nate's abilities but hate his antics. This kid is so talented and he's just wasting it. Why can't you just score and not celebrate and get back on defense? Ok i understand if it was a strong dunk or a game changing bucket but every shot come on. I wish Nate really learns from this benching and starts to take his job seriously. I would love for him to stay because he is that offensive threat that any team would love coming off their bench.

This is what confuses me about the whole Nate situation, now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nate fan or anything but I think this whole situation is harsh on him.

I was watching that Orlando game and from what I remember Nate wasn't flaunting right away, it was after his 4th or 5th consecutive score that he pounded his chest, and yeah it hurt us on D that play but really, where were the other 4 players on the team in that 4th quarter while Nate was trying to get us back into it?

TBH I think this whole thing has got way out of whack, Nate is who he is, he's not an all star guard and never will be but when utilized correctly he's a deadly offensive weapon and a great energy guy. People seem to be forgetting his role and assuming he should be doing more.

Yeah we won four games after he got benched, woop-de-doo... We beat the Nets (worst team in the NBA), Portland (playing badly and just lost their C), Hawks (Josh Smith ejected) and Suns who are playing above their level anyway.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
With curry's shit skills in full effect the first half, I wouldn't mind Nate the Great playing Center. Didn't Nate get two blocks the last game he played???

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Now that's what im talking about, taking the lead. But where the hell is Gallo?! 4 minutes into the 3rd, Put him in the game already!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This is what confuses me about the whole Nate situation, now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nate fan or anything but I think this whole situation is harsh on him.

I was watching that Orlando game and from what I remember Nate wasn't flaunting right away, it was after his 4th or 5th consecutive score that he pounded his chest, and yeah it hurt us on D that play but really, where were the other 4 players on the team in that 4th quarter while Nate was trying to get us back into it?

TBH I think this whole thing has got way out of whack, Nate is who he is, he's not an all star guard and never will be but when utilized correctly he's a deadly offensive weapon and a great energy guy. People seem to be forgetting his role and assuming he should be doing more.

Yeah we won four games after he got benched, woop-de-doo... We beat the Nets (worst team in the NBA), Portland (playing badly and just lost their C), Hawks (Josh Smith ejected) and Suns who are playing above their level anyway.

Nicely put, smokes. The hate that almost everyone is showing towards Nate is perplexing. Even I, a nate fan, knows that he's fukking up somewhat this year. But I can also see that the whole team is was fukkin up collectively. Guys like duhon and chandler were playing like bitches during the bad start we had this year. Way worser than Nate was playing. Yet people on the site fail to acknowledge that.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer

That's the thing though Smokes, he can be an all-star if he wanted to. He has all the talent, skills, and athleticism to be one. He just has to be more professional. I agree with you on yeah that's Nate and he's who he is. But like you said when he did flaut after the 4th or 5th score, it hurt us on the other end. Just that 1 score by the other team hurts us in the game. Like I said I hope he stays a Knick but only if he changes his ways. When your on the court play and think about basketball and only basketball. He can joke around and have fun as much as he wants when he's not on the court.

smokes

Huge Member
That's the thing though Smokes, he can be an all-star if he wanted to. He has all the talent, skills, and athleticism to be one. He just has to be more professional. I agree with you on yeah that's Nate and he's who he is. But like you said when he did flaut after the 4th or 5th score, it hurt us on the other end. Just that 1 score by the other team hurts us in the game. Like I said I hope he stays a Knick but only if he changes his ways. When your on the court play and think about basketball and only basketball. He can joke around and have fun as much as he wants when he's not on the court.

Well I'm not sure where along the line you've decided he could be an all-star.

He's too small for the SG, still he does a decent job playing there. No his defense is not good especially not at SG but what can be expected when you're 1 foot shorter than the other guy?

He is not an elite ball handler or passer, so he will never be an all star PG.

The only things Nate has in his arsenal is extreme energy, athleticism and a good scoring instinct. This does not make him a potential all star imo.

I don't have a problem with Nate being benched if it's for the best but what I don't understand is half the fans turning against him, expecting him to be something he isn't and calling him out for stuff that isn't even that big of a deal.

Kiyaman

Legend

For a guy who is always punching his chest, his energy off the bench always bring us back from being down by double-digits on a consistent bases.
Sometime I think more sport-Fans pay more attention to what they read and hear than what they see with their eyes (Larry Brown on Iverson), Nate is considered imature b/c he is always happy he made his dream come true.
Being able to play in the NBA...

The "Rental-Players" plus Chandler took control of this game at the end of the 3rd and start of 4th

mafra

Legend
Good to see the Knicks woke up. I go eat and return to find out their leading. Good stuff!

N8 got benched b/c he took the shot against NJ, then that hard foul and then finally D'ant was feed up when he saw him joking around with howard BEFORE the last ORL game.

I expected big things from N8 this year. I really did. I was really happy he wanted to return and I applauded that loyalty. BUT, I had to admit his antics disgust me now. NO GROWTH in this kid. None whatsoever.

There's just no excuse for a player who wont take his job seriously. They're paying him 4 million.... the least he could do is keep his focus. This aint AAU. This is PROFESSIONAL basketball. Take your job seriously.

People act like a scoring guard is hard to find? LOL! Look at Marcus Thornton. They're a dime a dozen. Let a dude dominate the ball and take 18 shots and you'll see a lot of dudes who can score.

N8 could improve his dribble, his passing, his defense. He's just too busy being the class clown.

mafra

Legend
For a guy who is always punching his chest, his energy off the bench always bring us back from being down by double-digits on a consistent bases.
Sometime I think more sport-Fans pay more attention to what they read and hear than what they see with their eyes (Larry Brown on Iverson), Nate is considered imature b/c he is always happy he made his dream come true.
Being able to play in the NBA...

The "Rental-Players" plus Chandler took control of this game at the end of the 3rd and start of 4th

There's the key... Whenever the Knicks are trailing in a blowout, the other team lets their guards down. Most of his scoring explosions occur when the other team isn't even really trying, or we're playing against their subs.

Case in point where all those games last year N8 brought us back from the dead, BUT NEVER could seal the deal. When it came down to hitting that buzzer beater- CLANK!

"he is always happy he made his dream come true. Being able to play in the NBA..."

You see... this isn't good enough for me. You can have that sort of guy... I prefer the guy who isn't content just b/c he made it. I want the guy who will fight to WIN, where WINNING is what matters.

Just showing up means nothing.... This is part of N8's problem. This is a profession.... Not taking it seriously is akin to disrespect.

"I don't have a problem with Nate being benched if it's for the best but what I don't understand is half the fans turning against him, expecting him to be something he isn't and calling him out for stuff that isn't even that big of a deal."

Sorry. Shoting a 3 at your own basket is a big deal. For one thing, it ALMOST counted against the Knicks, and secondly, it deprived NY a chance for a miracle chuck at their own basket (like the one harrington hit tonight).

How about going like 6-40 from the field the first few games? How was that?

mafra

Legend
It's funny. Knicks will probably lose this game b/c Eddie Curry played those 5 minutes. Everything we (and he) feared about shoving him into the rotation.