Landry Fields Quote

Paul1355

All Star
"I've started every game so far this year (not including pre-season) and I seem to get more and more comfortable with each game. What's so funny to me is that not even a year ago, I was watching all the players that I have to guard now. Don't get me wrong, when I'm on the floor I'm not thinking to myself, "Oh wow, that's Brandon Roy" or "That's Monta Ellis." My mentality when I hit the arena is that these are just some other guys that I happen to be playing this night. If I start putting players on pedestals, that will only add unwanted pressure on myself that I don't need, especially as a rookie."

This kid is great, knows how to play the game as is a solid rookie. Draft steal that is good at everything but really great at anything except rebounding and hustling.

I love how he views top players: "just some other guys"

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Kinda makes you wish that College ball players would get paid. Having 4 years under his belt has prepared him so well, he rarely does anything rookie like. Too many kids need the money and come out of college way to early (see Eddy Curry,) Landry is an underrated athlete and has veteran savvy. He blends into anything your doing on offense and is active on the defensive boards. Getting a rotation player, let a lone a starter out of the second round has helped this team tremendously especially with Azzy's injury. It also allows for Chandler to lead the second unit.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Bright Spot of the 2010-11 Knicks

All the NBA mock drafts had Landry Fields as an underratted Pick, but
never was Fields an underratted player on the court.
Fields talent is perfect as a NBA SG ...... its lucky for the Knicks that
Stanford had Fields play at SF the last two seasons or else we wouldve
never had a shot at him in the 2nd round.
:thumbsup:
Fields started his rookie season NBA-Ready (mentally/physically) to be
the top steal out of the 2010 draft class.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
If the Knicks couldve started this season with a strong lineup coming off
the bench in "Douglas, Fields, Chandler", letting the "trio" mesh each game
wouldve improve the meshing in the trio of starters Amare, Gallo, Felton, to
eliminate the 6 game streak of losses.

iSaYughh

Starter
Great quote. Shows a lot of intelligence, maturity, and savvy.

If we end up not re-signing Wilson, Fields' play and surprise development will really help ease the sting.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think Donnie Walsh picked up Landry Fields solely for the fact that he knew Wilson Chandler might not stick around.

I love Landry Fields. He's a great all-around player, he makes SMART plays (which is so underrated in basketball today, just look at how dumbass players like Anthony Randolph have a hard time getting minutes, Fields on the other hand takes good shots and hustles), he's athletic, he contributes great on the team chemistry end, just seems like a good locker room guy and a great player to have overall. I like him and would be depressed if he had to go in a Carmelo trade...talk about an amazing find in the draft.

I still remember when we were flipping out when Donnie Walsh drafted him in the 2nd round...how many of the players drafted around him are STARTING? Let alone even PLAYING? Yeah, foot, meet mouth...what a pick.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hey what if we could put Field's brain into Anthony Randolph :) It'd be the best of both worlds lmao.

On a serious note, I like what Fields is doing. He's going to be a good role player for many years.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Biggest draft steal since Manu Ginobili

Great quote. Shows a lot of intelligence, maturity, and savvy.

If we end up not re-signing Wilson, Fields' play and surprise development will really help ease the sting.

Those 3 attributes transcend on to the floor too. He's head down, no nonsense.

The way he swoops in from the arc for rebounds is brilliant. He really is that X factor any coach and team covets.

One instance, not sure if anyone remembers, in the third quarter of the GS game, both Landry and The Thrill took on 4 GS players under the basket on a miss by Chandler that was kept alive by Fields. Each attempted 2 tips [= 4 total rebounds] and missed. They kept the ball alive out of sheer will and it resulted in Chandler getting his hands on the ball, making a tough shot and getting fouled.

5 offensive boards right there. All precipitated by Fields' ethic. The 2 were undersized, undermanned and undaunted.

My favourite play of the game.

The boards, the steals, the dimes, the team D, the man to man D, the filling of the lane, the deep shooting, the offensive movement, the presentation of a passing option on the baseline....... You'd almost venture to say that he's under used. Does that bother Landry? No!

And he loses his defender so easily! How does he do it? He's smart!! That is how.

Big test coming up against the bigger, stronger, meaner veteran, Captain Jack of Charlotte.