Column on Sprewell in the New Yorker

rady

Administrator
Staff member
[img-right]http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/Latrell-Sprewell.jpg[/img-right]Sometimes, late at night, I Google Latrell Sprewell. I don’t really know why. Some vague longing. It’s been going on since he slipped out of the N.B.A., and the public eye, in 2005. At first, I was looking for news of his return. After a while, I was looking for any news at all. One would have thought that the recent first-round matchup between the Heat and the Knicks would have been the occasion for an update, but this was not the case.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great article. One of my favorites. He sounds like me in a way. I have also looked him up on Google the last few years, hoping for news on a return, then any news at all.

Sage

Rotation player
Hehe I'm much the same, I google his name once in a whlie to see what he's up to. He's not really in the news much.

One of my fave players when he came to the Knicks, I still wear his jersey around (helped that he wears my number though). He was tough, played good defense and as the article said, slammed the ball like he wanted to rip the rim off.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He played emotionally and it was amazing for Knick fans.

Emotions can get the better of some though, and it looks like Spree will be another former millionaire athlete plugging for a pension.

'I have to feed my family'............damn.

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy⑧s;236877 said:
He played emotionally and it was amazing for Knick fans.

Emotions can get the better of some though, and it looks like Spree will be another former millionaire athlete plugging for a pension.

'I have to feed my family'............damn.

If he couldn't feed his family with a multi-year $8M deal. He'll starve with his NBA pension, only pays about 60K a year if you played 10 years in the NBA and you don't get it until you're 50.