Isiah to call Webber

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Isiah Thomas admits his chances in the Chris Webber Sweepstakes are bleak, but at least he will get to pitch the Knicks to C-Webb in a phone conversation today, according to agent Aaron Goodwin.

Goodwin said Webber and Thomas will talk over the phone. "The Knicks are definitely on Chris' radar just because of the relationship between Isiah, Chris and myself," Goodwin said. Webber idolized Thomas growing up in Detroit and they have remained friends. Goodwin is close with Thomas, and also represents Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson.

Sources said the Pistons are Webber's first choice. Knicks VP Glen Grunwald spoke with Goodwin yesterday.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/6230/thomas-to-make-pitch-to-c-webb.html

NYKnicks15

Starter
This is possible but highly unlikely. here's why.

One- Chris Webber will sign with Detroit on Monday. CASE CLOSED.

there are other teams he mentioned...

Miami- in their own crisis. will probably make trade before signing
San Antonio- wants youth and athleticism.. not Webber.
Lakers- good possibilty and would be good in the triangle with his passing BUT they would have to cut someone and i dont see that happening at the moment.
Orlando- would actually be a good fit for him. and id like to see him play for the ppl who drafted him.

it goes like this
Detroit
Lakers
NewYork
Orlando
Miami
San Antonio

NOW from Isiahs point of view. theyve always wanted to do coach/player. but I think it goes more deep than that. Webber wants a multiyear deal (something settting back the other teams). Now if we give him that you are probably wondering why wed want him with the emergence of Curry/Lee etc... well i think it goes in direct effect with a trade to get rid of Francis. If we include either Frye? Lee? Jeffries? Balkman? with Francis and his gross contract maybe well get that cap relief back. and Webber could take that spot in the rotation. BUT that is a HUGE if.

paris401

Starter
This is possible but highly unlikely. here's why.

One- Chris Webber will sign with Detroit on Monday. CASE CLOSED.

there are other teams he mentioned...

Miami- in their own crisis. will probably make trade before signing
San Antonio- wants youth and athleticism.. not Webber.
Lakers- good possibilty and would be good in the triangle with his passing BUT they would have to cut someone and i dont see that happening at the moment.
Orlando- would actually be a good fit for him. and id like to see him play for the ppl who drafted him.

it goes like this
Detroit
Lakers
NewYork
Orlando
Miami
San Antonio

NOW from Isiahs point of view. theyve always wanted to do coach/player. but I think it goes more deep than that. Webber wants a multiyear deal (something settting back the other teams). Now if we give him that you are probably wondering why wed want him with the emergence of Curry/Lee etc... well i think it goes in direct effect with a trade to get rid of Francis. If we include either Frye? Lee? Jeffries? Balkman? with Francis and his gross contract maybe well get that cap relief back. and Webber could take that spot in the rotation. BUT that is a HUGE if.

there is no one who is going to take the franchise off our hands... u can lite as many candles as u want, but until feb of 09 he is a knick...