Isiah the talent scout?

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...4-06_isiah_thomas_hails_knicks_next_king.html

Dolan may (or may not) get his wish to keep Isiah aboard, the popular notion is that he will be a position with little power if he stays. I personally think that him being involved in any magnitude is stupid. But if we do keep him, the suggestion has been made that he be made a talent scout. The reason being is that he will not travel with the team, have any authority or interaction with current players. Still to me he would have influence on this team, and that would make fans uneasy. Furthermore it is hard to argue his eye for collegiate talent, but he really doesn't evaluate NBA talent well at all. Not to mention reporters will hunt him down for an interveiw after every Knick transaction even if he is in a low key position; point being is that he will still have a voice as Knick. Plus the owner of the team is looking out for him, so there is still some power in that (like being the bosses daughter). And Donnie Walsh is going to be hit with question like "Was keeping Isiah a mandate on you getting this job" and people may begin to question his "absolute control over basketball operations". Like my man Peter V said, just let him go completely. He represents what we are trying to come out of. I wish him well, I'm certain IU, The Pistons, or The Lakers (remember it is Magic who got him the Knicks job) would love to have him as a scout, Knick fans just want to see the paparazzi shot of him carrying his stuff out of MSG in a Staples box.

Isiah has a keen eye for talent. I see Eric Gordon in our future. Make Isiah our scout, and we will have a lineup that resembles the Knicks lineup of the 90s. Stephon Marbury can be our Derek Harper, Eric Gordon can be our Allan Houston, Jamal Crawford can be our Latrell Sprewell, Zach Randolph can be our next Larry Johnson, and Eddy Curry can be our next Patrick Ewing. Can you spell 2009 NBA Finals? The Knicks did it 99, and they'll do it again in 09, with the help of Isiah Thomas and Eric Gordon.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Isiah has a keen eye for talent. I see Eric Gordon in our future. Make Isiah our scout, and we will have a lineup that resembles the Knicks lineup of the 90s. Stephon Marbury can be our Derek Harper, Eric Gordon can be our Allan Houston, Jamal Crawford can be our Latrell Sprewell, Zach Randolph can be our next Larry Johnson, and Eddy Curry can be our next Patrick Ewing. Can you spell 2009 NBA Finals? The Knicks did it 99, and they'll do it again in 09, with the help of Isiah Thomas and Eric Gordon.

lmao @ this post, keep dreamin. The only thing Curry can beat Patrick Ewing at is a burger eating contest. Jamal crawford can be our Latrell Sprewell, Zach Randolph = Larry Johnson? F*ck outta here kid

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

man u definetely smokin some sh*t lol, look how great isiah has made us so far, im sure da finals is where we are headed next wit him

stevie

Benchwarmer
Eric Gordon is a tweener too small to play the 2 and too slow to play the point.

At best he will be a Ben Gordon. Most likely not even that good.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks no longer need Isiah Thomas in any copacity on this team.
The Knicks organization should just settle for the young athletic college players that Isiah got for this team whom all has great value in the NBA starting with Morris, Chandler, Collins, Balkman, Nate, and Lee.
Firing Isiah ASAP and paying him the remainder of his contract would be wise.
Leave Isiah Horror players of Curry, James, Jefferies, Crawford, Marbury, Q.Rich, Malik, Jones, and Zach, to the new president to deal with.
And just concentrate on the Knicks future college players he put on the roster (that is his only contribution to this Knick Team).

The Knicks have six efficient young players which under a decent coaching staff the Knicks would have "two PF Lee & Morris, two SF Balkman & Chandler, and two PG Nate & Collins", whom all could hold their own on the court with some steady playingtime under a defensive coach playbook.
Example: If these six cheap players (all under $2 million per) had a coach like JVG, a center like Patrick Ewing, and a SG like Allan Houston & Starks, their first season together they would be a second round Post Season team in the East or West conference. Because the team would rely on their "DEFENSIVE-EFFORT" for 48 MPG...

dre48ny

Rotation player
If he is offered to stay as a scout, I don't mind. As long as he is not in the big pciture (GM or Coaching).

Let him evaluate talent and travel, maybe this is what he is good at.

Eric Gordon is not the answer to our problems, he does not fit the scheme of the future. PG or defensive C.

Gordon is too small as a SG, personally I don't see any outstanding SG's this draft. I like the style of CDR, from Mempis, but he is not a top 10 pick. He is tall, athletic, can shhot, and can play D. He could be a SG/SF like Latrell.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

I should slap the shit out of you for that comment.

Pete Vescey made wrote a good article stating that Thomas wouldn't want to see any other coach succeed and it would be in every one's best interest that he be banished indefinitely from the Garden. But conspiracy theories aside, Thomas if nothing else, seems to have an eye for talent. He should get a fluff position will little to no power and never, EVER speak to media. Give him a nice office, nice chair and a hot assistant who also works for Crazy Horse part time that he can harass but wont make a fuss and play online poker all day.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont like to give Isiah credit but I thought he did a good job with Indiana until Bird, who i hate more then Isiah, fired him. For the record, I also hate Michael Jordon, Danny Ainge, and Kevin Mchale more then Isiah but after that I cant think of any others who I hate more then zeke. Isiah mite not be a bad scout but i think it would be best if he had absolutely nothing to do with this team, in no way does he deserve a 2nd chance here. I would rather see him die then stay in the Knicks organization.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I should slap the shit out of you for that comment.

Pete Vescey made wrote a good article stating that Thomas wouldn't want to see any other coach succeed and it would be in every one's best interest that he be banished indefinitely from the Garden. But conspiracy theories aside, Thomas if nothing else, seems to have an eye for talent. He should get a fluff position will little to no power and never, EVER speak to media. Give him a nice office, nice chair and a hot assistant who also works for Crazy Horse part time that he can harass but wont make a fuss and play online poker all day.

Isiahswife is not a real poster, I think he is one of the vets on the site playing a joke on us. Nobody given Isiah's tenure is about to end would support Isiah this hard, and more so what dude would call himself anybod's wife.