I love Balkman but

iSaYughh

Starter
So are you saying Amar'e should benched too? He hasn't been doing much on either side of the court.

Dude....How can you even make that comparison and analogy?

Balkman was drafted with bench written all over him, and he has been treated as such by every coach he's had. He's been given chances.

Stoudemire is a year in year out allstar, last year included, playing on a max contract.

When Amare sucks, you're forced to live with it. Because of his pedigree, the high level he can unquestionably play at, and his contract.

Balkman has been given chances. He has shown what he can offer to the league. And he practically can't even be given away, even on a meager contract.

He's a stand out D leaguer, fringe bench player on a good team. The burden is on him to show superior skills that he hasn't shown to date.

If he gets minutes out of necessity so be it. And I hope he plays like Gerald Wallace and turns his career around.

But he's just not that skilled. And he ain't Fariedesque either. How can this be argued?

edit -- especially when offense, and smart offensive decision-making and flow is our biggest problem to date.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Dude....How can you even make that comparison and analogy?

Balkman was drafted with bench written all over him, and he has been treated as such by every coach he's had. He's been given chances.

Stoudemire is a year in year out allstar, last year included, playing on a max contract.

When Amare sucks, you're forced to live with it. Because of his pedigree, the high level he can unquestionably play at, and his contract.

Balkman has been given chances. He has shown what he can offer to the league. And he practically can't even be given away, even on a meager contract.

He's a stand out D leaguer, fringe bench player on a good team. The burden is on him to show superior skills that he hasn't shown to date.

If he gets minutes out of necessity so be it. And I hope he plays like Gerald Wallace and turns his career around.

But he's just not that skilled. And he ain't Fariedesque either. How can this be argued?

edit -- especially when offense, and smart offensive decision-making and flow is our biggest problem to date.
But has Amar'e done much? Balkman gives a lot of effort. Have you noticed him in the pre-season and the time he got in the regular season? Even in garbage time a player couldn't have done the rebounding, catching, and finishing he did without the effort he had.

He's not better than Amar'e, but don't deny Amar'e has been playing bad and Balkman gives effort. So WHAT if he hasn't been in a rotation the last few years? Chris Duhon is part of a rotation and does NOTHING.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
But has Amar'e done much? Balkman gives a lot of effort. Have you noticed him in the pre-season and the time he got in the regular season? Even in garbage time a player couldn't have done the rebounding, catching, and finishing he did without the effort he had.

He's not better than Amar'e, but don't deny Amar'e has been playing bad and Balkman gives effort. So WHAT if he hasn't been in a rotation the last few years? Chris Duhon is part of a rotation and does NOTHING.

Dude seriously.. Stop arguing this. That was a horrible comparison you made. It''s senseless for you to keep going at this point.

It's just like Isayuughh said. You live w Amare looking clueless on the defensive end most times because of what he gives you on offense (20-25 ppg nightly). And you play him while he's in a funk because he's got to work thru it. It's worth it. Simple.

See if you would have said give him some of Fields minutes i could see that. That would make SOME basketball sense, cause Fields can't throw it in the ocean right now. So we wouldn't be missing much and we'd get the other things Balkman brings. But if you think about it Balkman doesn't hustle or rebound that much better than Fields. Fields is basically a less athletic version of Balkman, with a jumpshot (that seems to have left him completely) and more savvy. :thumbsup:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Dude seriously.. Stop arguing this. That was a horrible comparison you made. It''s senseless for you to keep going at this point.

It's just like Isayuughh said. You live w Amare looking clueless on the defensive end most times because of what he gives you on offense (20-25 ppg nightly). And you play him while he's in a funk because he's got to work thru it. It's worth it. Simple.

See if you would have said give him some of Fields minutes i could see that. That would make SOME basketball sense, cause Fields can't throw it in the ocean right now. So we wouldn't be missing much and we'd get the other things Balkman brings. But if you think about it Balkman doesn't hustle or rebound that much better than Fields. Fields is basically a less athletic version of Balkman, with a jumpshot (that seems to have left him completely) and more savvy. :thumbsup:
Honestly I don't know how Amar'e has been getting the points he has been getting, because he's been bad on that side too.

In a world where high plaid stars didn't whine and cause trouble, Amar'e would be benched to teach him a lesson. Sadly though, that's not the case, so the next best scenario is to work through it. If he was just playing bad, then I'd be ok with him playing through it, but I hate the lack of effort he's been giving on both sides of the floor.

This is why I made the comparison. Amar'e has A LOT more ability than Balkman, everybody knows this, the percent of Amar'e's effort should be the same as the amount his contract is worth, which is the percentage everybody should give no matter what they make.

Yes, Balkman should be getting more minutes than Fields. Balkman is like Chandler (don't get upset that I made another comparison, you know what I mean by this), defense, rebounding, and shots close to the basket.

Speaking of hustle players not in the rotation, I just watched Scalabrine in the last few minutes of the Bulls/Suns game. The fans kept wanting him to shoot, but he kept making brilliant passes lol, and got cheered for them.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Honestly I don't know how Amar'e has been getting the points he has been getting, because he's been bad on that side too.

In a world where high plaid stars didn't whine and cause trouble, Amar'e would be benched to teach him a lesson. Sadly though, that's not the case, so the next best scenario is to work through it. If he was just playing bad, then I'd be ok with him playing through it, but I hate the lack of effort he's been giving on both sides of the floor.

This is why I made the comparison. Amar'e has A LOT more ability than Balkman, everybody knows this, the percent of Amar'e's effort should be the same as the amount his contract is worth, which is the percentage everybody should give no matter what they make.

Yes, Balkman should be getting more minutes than Fields. Balkman is like Chandler (don't get upset that I made another comparison, you know what I mean by this), defense, rebounding, and shots close to the basket.

Speaking of hustle players not in the rotation, I just watched Scalabrine in the last few minutes of the Bulls/Suns game. The fans kept wanting him to shoot, but he kept making brilliant passes lol, and got cheered for them.

Re bolded: Exactly cept Chandla's 7'1''. So the presence is MUCH different.

Listen if Balkman was 6'11'' or 7' with his ability and hustle he'd be getting minutes. I think you could easily justify giving him JJ's minutes if that were the case, but it just isn't.. So he's stays gettin bench splinters as Clyde said lol.

Kiyaman

Legend
No my dude.. I posted from sound, proven logic based on what I've seen works over the many years I've watched/played the game of basketball.

You post out of your ass.

I don't know where you get some of the nonsense you spew on here, same with the above.

The ONLY time Balkman got a serious look was during the putrid Isiah thomas era when he was trying to justify the inane pick of this offensively inept, average rebounding, PF in SG's body.

Why is this so hard to see/ understand???

Balkman is horrible. He's right where I said he'd be now that JJ is back, riding the pine. Even before JJ was back he received very limited minutes.

George Karl, a coach you might respect, even sat this guy consistently.

(sigh) Balkman is career practice squad type. He could've been Shane Battier or Bruce Bowen, but he never worked on his shot (i actually agree w the premise of this thread).

Again.. for the slow witted. YOU CAN NOT PLAY IN THIS LEAGUE AT HIS HEIGHT IF YOU HAVE NO JUMP SHOT! Hustle is not enough at 6'8''. The only way you'll get consistent minutes as a hustle type is if you're taller or just a beast, meaning you can also contribute in other aspects like presence in the paint with shot blocks, rebounds n the like on a prolific level..

He doesn't do these things and he can't shoot so he sits.. and will continue to sit.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
I never had any respect for Coach Karl in Seattle, Milluakie, or Denver.
All his Star players (Payton, Ray Allen, Cassel, Melo, ect.) asked to be traded.

u are lost....u forgot what happen when Melo got injured and " a no- playoff-
strategy coach Karl" had to give Balkman playingtime....5 straight wins from
Billups/JRSmith/Balkman/K.Mart/Nene.

Coach Karl was never going to make it pass the first round without Billups
defensive-team-leadership.
Do u really think K.Mart, JR.Smith, W.Chandler, and Felton was happy with
coach Karl no-strategy in the postseason games? losing to one of his ex-
teammates who is a headcoach now McMillian.
The 4-players are MIA in Denver this season.

It was clear and obvious the Knicks trading Balkman was a coach to
coach trade, two weeks after Camby was traded to the Clippers.
Dantoni didnt like Balkman calling all the shots to the players in the summer
league game yelling at Gallo for 3 quarters. When Gallo played injured,
Balkman played injured too. A week after the summer league game Balkman
was traded for two Denver players we buy-out two weeks later.

Balkman's "tazman-hustle" off the bench as a rookie out played Jefferies on
both sides of the court. Rookie Balkman & 2nd season David Lee made
the Isiah's three 6.11 starters take a backseat on the bench that season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Hate the Player....FIRE Dantoni

The Knicks sending Jerome Jordan down to the D.League is
insane!

The Knicks had a 6-bigmen rotation to work with from the start of this 2011-12 season.
C-Tyson & Jordan
PF-Stat & Jorts
SF-Melo & Balkman

We were suppose to see the Knicks use "THREE" bigmen lineups:
Three dangerous frontcourt weapons
1) Jordan/Stat/Balkman
2) Tyson/Jorts/Melo
3) Tyson/Stat/Melo

All 6 of our bigmen were suppose to be working-out together to show
domination in the paint by boxing-out together, creating double screens,
and always creating pick n rolls, give n go, for our backcourt with Melo/Stat.

The thought of headcoach Jax, or Sloan, or Pop, or Carlisle, Thib, or Scott
having our 6-bigmen in a rotation our record at best would be 12-1 at worst
10-3 right now (not 6-7).

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Hate the Player....FIRE Dantoni

Listen if Balkman was 6'11'' or 7' with his ability and hustle he'd be getting minutes. I think you could easily justify giving him JJ's minutes if that were the case, but it just isn't.. So he's stays gettin bench splinters as Clyde said lol.

u and Clyde are lost....Clyde always got wide screens/picks from Reed,
Debush, and Jax to take his open jumpshot.

Balkman is always creating a screen or pick for his teammates which
Stat/Melo/Jorts dont do. Balkman/Fields are the only two Knicks boxing-
out in the paint for offense or defensive rebound, which Tyson, Stat, Melo,
and Jorts are not doing. Which is why the Knicks have a 6-7 record after only
playing two contender teams vs eleven mediocre teams.

iSaYughh

Starter
The Knicks sending Jerome Jordan down to the D.League is
insane!

The Knicks had a 6-bigmen rotation to work with from the start of this 2011-12 season.
C-Tyson & Jordan
PF-Stat & Jorts
SF-Melo & Balkman

We were suppose to see the Knicks use "THREE" bigmen lineups:
Three dangerous frontcourt weapons
1) Jordan/Stat/Balkman
2) Tyson/Jorts/Melo
3) Tyson/Stat/Melo

All 6 of our bigmen were suppose to be working-out together to show
domination in the paint by boxing-out together, creating double screens,
and always creating pick n rolls, give n go, for our backcourt with Melo/Stat.

The thought of headcoach Jax, or Sloan, or Pop, or Carlisle, Thib, or Scott
having our 6-bigmen in a rotation our record at best would be 12-1 at worst
10-3 right now
(not 6-7).

Someone please cue the Curb Your Enthusiasm picture of Larry and Jeff laughing their ****ing asses.

Sorry to say, but it's tough to take seriously your judgement of talent, given how ass-backwards, beyond-belief, epic wrong you were about Gallo. And the conspiracy theories you swirled around trying to vindicate yourself.

But, even more telling, is that you could essentially replace Jerome Jordan....with Earl Barron....in this thread, and yet not a single thing would need to be changed in your post.

Tyson Chandler is off to one of his best seasons ever. Likewise, Carmelo. We are also getting major contributions from critically maligned 2nd rounder Harrellson. Not to mention, that "not ready" 1st round guard we reached for who was said to be limited for his career bc he could never get a good shot going...Ya....

And you wanna bitch and put out some more conspiracy theories because an unpolished rook who wasn't even signed last year and a shit, fringe NBA'er is getting sent to the D league?

We could add big man Amare Stoudemire to that list of bigs having exemplary seasons under coach D'antoni -- much like Stoudemire did last year -- when we add a starting NBA point guard to the roster, and D'antoni can work his magic with a consistent lineup,

Like he did last year, when he raped the accuracy of your predictions and judgements about coach and team.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
I never had any respect for Coach Karl in Seattle, Milluakie, or Denver.
All his Star players (Payton, Ray Allen, Cassel, Melo, ect.) asked to be traded.

u are lost....u forgot what happen when Melo got injured and " a no- playoff-
strategy coach Karl" had to give Balkman playingtime....5 straight wins from
Billups/JRSmith/Balkman/K.Mart/Nene.

Coach Karl was never going to make it pass the first round without Billups
defensive-team-leadership.
Do u really think K.Mart, JR.Smith, W.Chandler, and Felton was happy with
coach Karl no-strategy in the postseason games? losing to one of his ex-
teammates who is a headcoach now McMillian.
The 4-players are MIA in Denver this season.

It was clear and obvious the Knicks trading Balkman was a coach to
coach trade, two weeks after Camby was traded to the Clippers.
Dantoni didnt like Balkman calling all the shots to the players in the summer
league game yelling at Gallo for 3 quarters. When Gallo played injured,
Balkman played injured too. A week after the summer league game Balkman
was traded for two Denver players we buy-out two weeks later.

Balkman's "tazman-hustle" off the bench as a rookie out played Jefferies on
both sides of the court. Rookie Balkman & 2nd season David Lee made
the Isiah's three 6.11 starters take a backseat on the bench that season.

Kiya,

Can you please smack yourself in the face and try to realize that you're talking about Renaldo Balkman... Balkman my dude.. This is Balkman you're defending here... smh

Please return to sanity my good Kiya.

And also.. fyi George Karl is one of the best coaches in the league.

For crying out loud.. I've never seen anyone make so many excuses for such a shit player. Jesus.

metrocard

Legend

If that was true, Slavko Vranes would still be our starting center.

Energy, action and hustle are attributes that make a difference. Dallas' best defender was Marion, not Chandler. Balkman actually plays like Marion, which is the point you're missing by Kiyaman.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
If that was true, Slavko Vranes would still be our starting center.

Energy, action and hustle are attributes that make a difference. Dallas' best defender was Marion, not Chandler. Balkman actually plays like Marion, which is the point you're missing by Kiyaman.

No. Marion is a much better scorer, defender and rebounder than Balkman. That's why he plays. He may play like Marion, but he aint Marion, which is why he gets no burn.