The "I'm sorry I bashed Marbury" Thread

Starks

Starter
Marbury is def playing good ball. I bashed him more than anyone, and I'm the first to admit that I was wrong about him.

He does care about the team- and he is showing heart out there. That's all we wanted to see. He didn't have to become Nash or Billups, but no one is asking him to get 20 dimes a game anymore. -Maybe we can get that out of Mardy for the future, cause Steph is fine as my 2 guard.

One thing about Steph, his contract puts a big bullseye on him eveytime something goes wrong. Ask A-Rod, ask Ewing, ask Houston, ask Karl Malone, ask any star out there about getting trashed- it comes with the terriroty, and rightfully so. Thats what separates Franchise guys from All-Stars.

I'm proud of him-and he is getting closer to earning his stripes. His public persona is probably what makes it so hard to champion him as our franchise guy. Compare him to Allan Houston, and you'll find that Houston's great repoir with the media and fans spared him tons of hate. With guys like Wade, Nash and Billups out in the field, its hard not to compare their personas with Steph...but maybe his talk show will help him out PR wise. If he can just develop a warmer relationship with fans and media, the hate will disolve.

So Steph, your outa my dog house playa.

Nate is still locked in that house, and I think i threw away the key. Channing is on the door step though. (Member when we didn't wana trade him for KG and Artest- who might be available)

Starks

Starter
Don't get it twisted though--- He is not worth 20 per. lets just get that straight.

If I had to re-do his contract right now, and HAD to resign him. I'd give him 10mil for next 2 years, with a team option for a third.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Why are we saying all of this? It happens to be 3 games he has had a good game and everyone is talking about how good he is. I always knew he was good.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury has been making the right decisions this season.

When Marbury first came in here, he didn't know when to pass or score. Isiah made so many dumb ass trades, Marbury had a new sidekick each year...from Houston to Crawford to Curry and etc.

Now Marbury's role is defined. He runs the offense well, despite our medicority and Marbury's defense has more active and intense than you average PG in the NBA. Marbury is a top 6-8 PG in the NBA without doubt.

I would of drafted Williams as a back up PG, Marbury can play PG as a Knick for 2-3 more years, we can win with Marbury, but we need to polish a PG after Marbury is done doing his thing in NYC.

The only thing I had a problem with for the Marbury trade was that we got fucked up in the cap with it and we gave Phoneix mad cap space allowing them to acquire Nash and other key players.

I've heard people call Marbury a cancer, a ball hog, and at times not the best PG on the team. They got proven wrong.

Its cooled though you manned up and accepted Marbury back in your casa. Marbury has that desire, he's tired of not seeing the playoffs. Marbury wants to make the playoffs, so he can prove he's a prefomer in the playoffs, despite his poor track history.

GetRealistic

Starter
We've all bashed Marbury, proposed trades, and pointed out the fact that every team he left has gotten better. Is he a good player? Yes. Has he been playing amazing? Yes. Am i sorry for bashing him? No.

Marbury has shown what he is capable of the last 2/3 months. But why did we bash him because the rest of his tenure he's not played up to his ability, and when you make 20 million a season you better sell out play that well 90 percent of the time. Metro makes a good arguement that he's had a different cast of characters every season, but it still doesn't mean he should have played the way he has at times for this team.

Now about last night and the free throw. I know Curry shit the bed and missed about 20, Francis missed a bunch, and Jeffries barely touched the rim on most of his, but the fact remains your best player, your money player, your 20 million dollar player makes that free throw. Kobe, Nash, Kidd, etc make that free throw.

Now before everybody jumps down my back, I just want to point out again that he played amazing last night and he's been great this last month. But i'm not sorry for bashing him in the past, and shit if we go on a losing streak I know I will and 90 percent of the rest of you will also bash him agian. Thats how it works when your the marque player you get bashed when the team loses and praised when they win.

Starks

Starter
We've all bashed Marbury, proposed trades, and pointed out the fact that every team he left has gotten better. Is he a good player? Yes. Has he been playing amazing? Yes. Am i sorry for bashing him? No.

Marbury has shown what he is capable of the last 2/3 months. But why did we bash him because the rest of his tenure he's not played up to his ability, and when you make 20 million a season you better sell out play that well 90 percent of the time. Metro makes a good arguement that he's had a different cast of characters every season, but it still doesn't mean he should have played the way he has at times for this team.

Now about last night and the free throw. I know Curry shit the bed and missed about 20, Francis missed a bunch, and Jeffries barely touched the rim on most of his, but the fact remains your best player, your money player, your 20 million dollar player makes that free throw. Kobe, Nash, Kidd, etc make that free throw.

Now before everybody jumps down my back, I just want to point out again that he played amazing last night and he's been great this last month. But i'm not sorry for bashing him in the past, and shit if we go on a losing streak I know I will and 90 percent of the rest of you will also bash him agian. Thats how it works when your the marque player you get bashed when the team loses and praised when they win.

Yea I'm with you. I don't want any of the Starbury Kool Aid- And I don't care what he does, I will NEVER refer to him as "Starbury". But I'm big enough to admit I need to lay off him.

It got so bad at times, that I was thrilled to see him get booed off the court and bashed by everyone in the NBA including Barkley and the PTI guys... but now I feel I just want to get into the playoffs. It took me until March to finally stomach this team! The massacre that was last season left almost a year long bad taste in my mouth i guess.

Why are we saying all of this? It happens to be 3 games he has had a good game and everyone is talking about how good he is. I always knew he was good.
Yea but... these are the right three games to be playin like a supastarr with jamal gone. i always knew he was good also, but i also knew he could be a star playa at times...and this is that time...the right time.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I love this thread lol. I've been behind marbury since day one and I like it when I see gold at the end of the day. Props for stepping up and saying you were wrong at times. I've heard he was too old, his knee is too messed up, he has no desire, etc. etc. He's stepping up when we need him the most. By the way...could kidd lead his team by scoring 17 pts in the fourth qtr (Ray Allen 4th qtr pts +Rashard Lewis 4th qtr pts= Marbury's total 4th qtr pts)?? Don't think so. I'm not a kidd-hater but I do realize they are two different point guards. If he would have made those free throws it would have been a wrap...

JC11_EC34

Rookie
Well, I never bashed Marbury, so I'm just sittin back right now and enjoying seeing all those haters who bashed him before now eatin their words as Starbury lights up the court. I've always known that Steph is not just good, but great, and I always knew that he would get his game back on, and play with the heart of a champion. Because real and true Knicks fans stand with their players and their team through the good times and the bad, and that's exactly what I did. I never gave up on these guys and always believed in them, and now I'm thrilled to see Starbury do great again, because I always knew he had it in him.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Yea but... these are the right three games to be playin like a supastarr with jamal gone. i always knew he was good also, but i also knew he could be a star playa at times...and this is that time...the right time.

Yeah you are right about that he has stepped up for the knicks after the injury of Jamal Crawford. Do you really think Marbury can keep this great play up? Cause the last game against the Sonics Marbury and the 70% Q-Rich played the best basketball out of the knicks. Marbury in points and Q-Rich in rebounds

Allen

Benchwarmer
I never doubted that Marbury had the talent to play great. He's been doing it for the last couple of games. But he has a long way to go if he wants to lead this group of Knicks into and then deep into the playoffs.

Marbury is not getting paid just to play great. He's getting paid to lead his team to wins. So far, compared to Nash and Kidd who have lead their teams to Conference finals and NBA finals, Marbury's resume is thin.

With that being said, I hope Marbury can succeed in taking the Knicks to the playoffs and hopefully, even past the first round.