Should we... (with poll)

Should we keep our core in tact, or go all-out for Melo. A 26 game opinion.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

TYPE-A
After 26 games, we all know the record. We all know who our major pieces are. Here's the big question...

Do we make sure to keep our core intact (Stat, Ray, Chandler, Gallo, Fields) and add to it by sacrificing as little as possible next summer and beyond?

-OR-

Do we go all out, trade whoever to get Melo thus breaking up some of our core?

Obviously the thing to consider is are we a player or two away from making this happen this year, or is anyone expendable enough to sacrifice for the better of the team?

We see what we have so far.
We see what we need so far.
Forget who's available and such... just tell me your philosophy moving forward. Are you convinced? Do we go all out for the short term, or make moves for the long term?

Let me know...

I think I'm leaning toward kepping everyone and just adding a big... but another part of me feels Melo would take us from good to great, (but we would still need a big).

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
It all comes down to what it takes to get Melo. My feeling is that Denver will panic and take what they can get as the trade deadline approaches.

AR
Walker
Curry
Future 1st rounder/some 2nd rounders
Maybe TD, Moz or Williams to sweeten deal

If that is the package we have to pull the trigger.

If we need to give up Chandler, Gallo and Fields then I say eff Melo.

Red

TYPE-A
It all comes down to what it takes to get Melo. My feeling is that Denver will panic and take what they can get as the trade deadline approaches.

AR
Walker
Curry
Future 1st rounder/some 2nd rounders
Maybe TD, Moz or Williams to sweeten deal

If that is the package we have to pull the trigger.

If we need to give up Chandler, Gallo and Fields then I say eff Melo.
You know I forgot the salaries had to match... smh

Do those numbers work? So in a sense you're saying you're fine with what we have just get him in the summer but go into battle with mostly our current players. And what about chandler this summer?

Please remind me how to delete a thread, I forgot the poll the 1st one.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
After 26 games, we all know the record. We all know who our major pieces are. Here's the big question...

Do we make sure to keep our core intact (Stat, Ray, Chandler, Gallo, Fields) and add to it by sacrificing as little as possible next summer and beyond?

-OR-

Do we go all out, trade whoever to get Melo thus breaking up some of our core?

Obviously the thing to consider is are we a player or two away from making this happen this year, or is anyone expendable enough to sacrifice for the better of the team?

We see what we have so far.
We see what we need so far.
Forget who's available and such... just tell me your philosophy moving forward. Are you convinced? Do we go all out for the short term, or make moves for the long term?

Let me know...

I think I'm leaning toward kepping everyone and just adding a big... but another part of me feels Melo would take us from good to great, (but we would still need a big).

The trick is you don't just add a player for the sake of adding a player... The Knicks to me are starting to feel like the 2004 Pistons where they really were gelling, wining using a team effort with out really a super star but a collection of very good players that knew how to play together. Yes the ended up adding Rasheed at the trade deadline and he gave them that star that they needed to take it up a notch. What they didn't do is break down the team to bring in Wallace... I think the Knicks can take a page out of the Pistons book...