Thu, Dec 6: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat - Knicks dig deep and win!

metrocard

Legend
@ShandelRich

Norris Cole says he's really pushing to play tonight so the Heat avoid having to play without a point guard.

Shandel Richardson is one of the Sun Sentinel Heat writers. http://twitter.com/ShandelRich

Some more info: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-miami-heat-news-1207-20121206,0,6967400.story
With four players nursing injuries, coach Erik Spoelstra said he will decide before tip-off if guards Norris Cole and Mario Chalmers and forwards Shane Battier and Udonis Haslem will play. Chalmers (finger) and Haslem (hip pointer) sustained injuries in Thursday's loss to the Wizards. Spoelstra confirmed Chalmers tore a ligament in the finger while trying to catch a pass.

Battier has been out the past three games since sustaining a sprained knee against the Cleveland Cavaliers Nov. 24. All the players completed the morning shootaround except for Haslem, who only practiced about minutes.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Melo said he'll decide based on how well he can grip the ball. I don't believe pain is the issue here. Amare missed a game with a lacerated hand... let's hope Melo ain't about that life.

This game is no doubt huge because you have the #1 and #2 teams in the EC, but we'll see a real war take place when we have everyone back healthy.

bigapple

Starter
anyway we cant play vs heat like vs bobcats. I understand that they have to use as less energy as possible but this game was really ugly .heat are playing many fast breaks like spurs only positive is Chalmers wont be available but they still got Killer Allen and Lewis.
Kurt Thomas in starting 5 is wrong idea for Mike

welcometonycity

Rotation player
good song of choice! enjoyed while reading the thread!

we cant let these flames run man!
no fast break buckets we have to get back on D!

But yeah BRING THE MOTHERFUKIN RUCKUS!!!!

Sage

Rotation player
I'm really worried about this game.

The Knicks are the top team in the East, so Miami won't sleep on us. The Heat just got off a loss to Washington of all teams, so they'll be fired up as well. Melo hurt himself in the game last night and needed stitches and the Knicks are playing on a back-to-back.

Definitely not the best way to enter a game.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Big game tonight on national TV.......Hope the team reps well...little dinged up so these cats need to dig deep Let's go Knicks!!!

smokes

Huge Member

The Knicks are the top team in the East, so Miami won't sleep on us. The Heat just got off a loss to Washington of all teams, so they'll be fired up as well. Melo hurt himself in the game last night and needed stitches and the Knicks are playing on a back-to-back.

Why worried? The Heat are the best team in the East.

Of course I want us to and believe we will win this game, however if we didn't it wouldn't be a big deal. As long as we put up a good showing I'll still be satisfied.

Melo, Kidd, Felton, Amare and Iman all banged up to some degree, damn that 5 is better than half the league's starting 5.

Sage

Rotation player
Why worried? The Heat are the best team in the East.

Of course I want us to and believe we will win this game, however if we didn't it wouldn't be a big deal. As long as we put up a good showing I'll still be satisfied.

Melo, Kidd, Felton, Amare and Iman all banged up to some degree, damn that 5 is better than half the league's starting 5.

The plus is that if the Knicks win, the Charles Barkley's of the world would have nothing to say. But it just seems like the worst way to come into a game against one of the best teams in the NBA.

Plus the Knicks really didn't play that well against the Bobcats, so I'm just hoping it's not a blowout at this point.

bigapple

Starter
The plus is that if the Knicks win, the Charles Barkley's of the world would have nothing to say. But it just seems like the worst way to come into a game against one of the best teams in the NBA.

Plus the Knicks really didn't play that well against the Bobcats, so I'm just hoping it's not a blowout at this point.

knicks @ nets is coming also after nuggets

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
I gotta admit, I am not too confident like I used to in the beginning of the season.

But, and that's a big but, yesterday's game was so close and it showed us that we can win a game with a small differential (not the case with most of our wins this season, which were blowouts).

This game is hard from all angles. However, a win tonight shall be our biggest of the season.

Keys to victory: rebounding, penetrating and keeping the ball moving.

smokes

Huge Member
^ I think we proved yesterday the real key is transition defense.

We couldn't do it against Kemba/Gordon/Henderson/Sessions... We will need to be extremely disciplined in this area to keep things close, Miami are one of the best fast break teams in the league.

If we can stop the Heat in transition and move the ball well on offense the rest should take care of itself. Miami are even worse than us (barely) at rebounding and have no inside presence whatsoever, the usual rules do not apply in this game.

Defend in transition, don't let any of their role players get hot. We got this.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
^
The keys i talked about were more about the offensive end. Because I truly believe that if we shoot the ball well early, we can manage to get the win against this Heat team, they thrive on their defense, and if we break it, we break them!

Last edited:

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer

The Knicks are the top team in the East
, so Miami won't sleep on us. The Heat just got off a loss to Washington of all teams, so they'll be fired up as well. Melo hurt himself in the game last night and needed stitches and the Knicks are playing on a back-to-back.

Wait, what?

We might have beat the Heat once in the beginning of the season but that doesn't prove that we're better team than them until we can beat them on a consistent basis. Look at how we played vs the bobcats.

On a side note, does anyone have an insider subscription for this article? I really wanna read what this guy wants to say about Melo vs Lebron
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...thony-new-york-knicks-lebron-james-miami-heat