I Know It's Early-But Who Should We Draft?

Who Should We Draft?

• Brandon Jennings

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Ricky Rubio

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • Demar DeRozan

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tyreke Evans

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Blake Griffin

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 29.0%

• Total voters

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
good shit JPZ....thats when u at your best, good find stats and shit

keeping the convo about the draft Curry wont be a bad pick for us dude is sick and could be a less athletic Ginobli for us, scores whenever he wants basically...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
NCAA Update

Were a little over a month into the NCAA season and we've seen ome suprised and some dissappointments...but this weeks draft outlook will be a little different we'll look at other players not the heavyweights we'll have updates on players that arent getting the hype but are making cases for themselevs to be drafted in the Lottery...

<DL class=wide-photo><DT>
ncb_a_earlclarke_576.jpg
</DT></DL>EARL CLARK

THE GOOD's

Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma-
19213.jpg

I had to include Griffin in the update again, he's been unstoppable so far this year perhaps more dominate then Beasley was last year and Durant was the year before that. He continues his dominance on both sides of the ball, and has worked to improve his weaknesses over the summer and continues to hit the gym. If the draft was today he'd be the obvious No.1 pick with no close second, the only team that wouldn't take him with the no.1 pick is ,hold your breath-the 76er's. Barring any serious injuries he wouldnt have to wait for his name to be called.

Stats- 24.4 ppg 15.6 rebs 2.1 stls 1.3 blks .686 FG%

Stephen Curry, G, Davidson-
19087.jpg

Again i can't have a draft post without including him in the post. He's giving Griffin a serious run for his money for NCAA player of the year, he's scoring at an amazing pace that makes Beasley & Durants perfomances look average. Stephen Curry had a big game at Madison Square Garden last week, and even though he didnt have a good shooting preformance from the feild he made the plays when they counted most, and thats what the team that plays at MSG on a daily basis(knicks) have been missing for a while. He scored 13 points and hit 2 clutch 3's in the final minute alone.Critics who think Curry will struggle to get his shot of vs bigger more athletic defenders in the NBA-they looked right during the early goings of the game until he came to life that is, and those who think his basketball IQ and competitive nature will allow him to get it together--looked like prophets during the last 5 minutes.This dude has poise and is alot tougher then he looks. I can't help but picture him in a Knick uniform. He's a lock for the top-10

Stats-30.8 ppg 6.9 ast 3.1 stls .476 FG% .378 3-point FG%

Earl Clark, G,F, Louisville-
19050.jpg

A 17 pnt, 14 reb, and 8 assist game vs Ohio is exactly what scouts and GM's love about Clark, he does everything you want a player to do and he does it effectivly, those abilities with his ability to see the floor has scouts calling a much better version of Boris Diaw, and would be a phenominal player in D'Antoni's system, and his defense is really good. If he could be more aggresive on the offensive end and become a little more consistent he will be a lock for the lottery.

Stats- 13 ppg 8.3 rebs 4 ast 1.2 blks .484 FG% .400 3-point FG%

Jonny Flynn, PG, Syracuse-
19160.jpg

This draft is packed with point gaurds. 10 pgs are expected to be drafted within the first 30 picks, Flynn has been helping his stock with impressive play in the early goings. He has really improved his shot selection, and worked very hard during the offseason to improve his biggest weakness-his outside shooting shooting an impressive .44 % from beyond the arc. If he cuts down on his turnovers he could be one of the first pg's taken, he looks to be taken in the mid first round

Stats- 19.5 ppg 5.4 asts 1.8 stls .552 FG% .438 3-point FG%

Evan Turner, G/F, Ohio State-
19201.jpg

Every game that passes more and more people are jumping on the Turner bangwagon, After a decent freshmen season, He's having a breakout season for Ohio State. His ability to play(and defend) 3 positions on the floor is turning alot of heads alone. He could score and handle the ball, and doesnt stop going on the defensive end. His 28 point 10 reb and 5 assits game vs Notre Dame caused a big stir, if he coninues to play at this pace he'll be taken between 15-26.

Stats- 16.6 ppg 7.8 rebs 3.5ast 3.0 stls 1blk .558 FG% .500 3-point FG%

Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky-
19151.jpg

He has and NBA body and athleticism, and his numbers of late have been howing it. His 31 point game vs Lamar, 19points and 16 rebs vs Miami, and 21 and 10 vs Mississippi Valley State, and he's shooting at a ridiculous 73% from the floor and showing sloid offensive versitality. Would be better if he was taller then 6-8 but he plays so much bigger with an amazing wingspan(no homo). He would go in the 20's if the draft was today-but its not if he continues to play at the pace he's been on he could move up considerably.

Stats- 18.2 ppg 9.2 rebs 2 blks .725 FG%

Devin Ebanks, F, West Virginia-
19273.jpg

After a slow start the freshmen has rebounded well with a pair of 17 reb preformances offensivly he's still struggling but that should improve as he gets more experience, ut his defense has been amazing. He hounded Curry on defense and showed tons of promise even with a solid offensive game. He may need to stay another year, till he imprves his desicion making, which isnt there yet. has drawn comparisons to Rudy Gay

Stats- 7.3 ppg 7 rebs 1 stl .432 FG%

Jeff Teaque, PG, Wke Forest- After a solid freshmen season He's having a breakout season. Showing excellent athleticism and could light up the scoreboards whenever he wants basically. If he could show scouts that he could handle full-time PG duties, he could be a lock for the lottery. But he may need another year to prove it.

Stats- 20.6 ppg 4 reb 4.6 ats 2.3 stl 1 blk .520 FG% .571 3-point FG%

Danny Green, F, UNC-
19232.jpg

his stats are kind of getting overshadowed with all the star power thats on that team. But he continues to be the back-bone holding the team together, his versitality, defense and much improved shooting touch from the perimeter has him listed as one of those talents that will get overlooked on draft night and get drafted 10 spots lower then where he should go.

Stats- 14 ppg 5.1 reb 3.1 asts 1.8 stls 1.3 blks .566 FG% .528 3 point FG%

A.J Abrams, PG, Texas-
19276.jpg

He could shoot at unstoppable rates considering he's 6 ft(thats, me being generous) He scored 31 pnts vs UCLA 23 pnts vs Notre Dame and 26 vs Villinova. He's trying to run the point which isnt his cliche but he's kept his turnovers low and could control the came well. He's seen as more of a 6th man candidate and wil be a Bobby Jackson kinda guy. He should go in the second round nad for his size thats pretty good.

Stats- 19.0 ppg 1.9 ast 1.1 stl .436 FG% .444 3 point FG%

THE BAD

Austin Daye,F, Gonzaga-
19214.jpg

He has talent to be a top 5 pick, but so far hasnt played like one, in some of Gonzaga's biggest games he was no where to be found [vs.Tenn(6 pnts, 5 t.o) and Indiana(7 pnts 3-13 FG)].So far he's had only one good game (17pnts 10 reb vs Maryland) Keep an eye out for him cause his talent is so much better then this he could breakout at any moment

Stats- 12.1 ppg 6.1 rebs 1.4 stls 2.4 blks .458 FG% .285 3point FG%

Damien James, F, Texas-
19251.jpg

James hasn't been terrible he just hasnt showen any improvment from last year, which is a big problem. Many thought this would be a breakout season for James but it just isnt there.He's been good, not Great. It's been Abrams who's the one grabbing the headlines at Texas he's a great pick-up in the first round but after some dubbed him a lottery pick-it just isnt there right now.Drawn comparisons to James Posey

Stats- 8.4 ppg 8.5 rebs 1.4 stls 1.3 blks .517 FG% .389 3-point FG%

Scottie Reynolds, G, Villinova-
19128.jpg

As a freshmen he looked a first round lock, as a junior, you wonder if he's even going to get drafted. Tried making the transaction to PG and has been solid but, his shooting percentages have sank in the process.

Stats- 14.0 ppg 3.5 reb 5 ast 1.9 stls .373 FG% .353 3point FG%

RUBIO vs. JENNINGS

the much anticipated matchupgained alot of hype and was in many ways worth it

1. It was obvious that Jennings should be on the floor with these guys, he's just as fast(if not faster), just as big(no homo) and could out-jump most of them

2. When the game looked over, Jennings picks up a loose ball around the 3-point line jumps into the air and busts a reverse 360 spin, then, before he lands zips a pass to a teammate for the and1. he showed his superior athleticism on that play.

3. The best plaers were obvious Rubio and Jennings, but Rubio who played his second game since coming back from the injury, even though he was playing on basically one hand, dont think he took a shot, he played his usual game with a combination of assists, rebounds, and steals

4. I thought Jennings going to Europe was a good move-and it looked like a bad of in the early goings, but he's gotten it together and is slowly getting it together and improving his stats and will be a top-10 lock this year and will have the experience over everyone cause he played proffesional basketball, he was getting adjusted to the style last month, had he went to college or junior college, he woulda hadcoaches on his nuts and would benn shooting whenever he wants, and wouldnt get any heat, in europe he's just another player and he's learned alot because of it, and with the resignation of his oach a couple of days ago he will see more minutes and watch his stck and stats soar.

5. If Jennings offense was put with Rubios defense they would make the best PG ever loll.....but they are different players, Rubio is seen and a Nash player and Jennings is more like A.I with less scoring and more PG skills....either way i put my money that the will both get taken in the top-10 easily,

After the game in an interview Jennings said he had a quick talk with Rubio and said he "not bad" and said Rubio said he'll probably wait for the 2010 draft.....

NYKNICKS4LIFE

Benchwarmer
In the 2009 NBA draft the New York Knickerbockers select.........Stephon Curry:gony::thumbsup::crossfingers: from Davidson,,,,,

Stephen Curry, G, Davidson-
Again i can't have a draft post without including him in the post. He's giving Griffin a serious run for his money for NCAA player of the year, he's scoring at an amazing pace that makes Beasley & Durants perfomances look average. Stephen Curry had a big game at Madison Square Garden last week, and even though he didnt have a good shooting preformance from the feild he made the plays when they counted most, and thats what the team that plays at MSG on a daily basis(knicks) have been missing for a while. He scored 13 points and hit 2 clutch 3's in the final minute alone.Critics who think Curry will struggle to get his shot of vs bigger more athletic defenders in the NBA-they looked right during the early goings of the game until he came to life that is, and those who think his basketball IQ and competitive nature will allow him to get it together--looked like prophets during the last 5 minutes.This dude has poise and is alot tougher then he looks. I can't help but picture him in a Knick uniform.

Stats-30.8 ppg 6.9 ast 3.1 stls .476 FG% .378 3-point FG%

isnt it ironic if NYK pick him and we thought we got rid of Stephon Marbury and Eddy Curry HA!:gony:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Great post Datprince

Dont totally understand the Jennings v Rubio part though. Didnt watch that game, but were Rubio and Jennings really best on their teams? looking at recap, Rubio totally blows atm, lots of turnovers, no scoring, end of the bench. Hope he'll fully recover from that injury soon.

Looks like Jennings had a nice game for sure, decent shooting from 2, no TO, but pretty much nothing else either; i still think his draft spot will depend on workouts. If u compare his production to say Gallinari last year, its not even close

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What position would Stephon Curry play in the NBA? Isn't he 6'1" or 6'2" and skinny as hell? He's another SG in a PG's body. We don't need that again.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Great post Datprince

Dont totally understand the Jennings v Rubio part though. Didnt watch that game, but were Rubio and Jennings really best on their teams? looking at recap, Rubio totally blows atm, lots of turnovers, no scoring, end of the bench. Hope he'll fully recover from that injury soon.

Looks like Jennings had a nice game for sure, decent shooting from 2, no TO, but pretty much nothing else either; i still think his draft spot will depend on workouts. If u compare his production to say Gallinari last year, its not even close

thanks for the support i try.....anyways they were both good when they went head to head it wasnt as long as many ppl wanted but Rubio was injured and did dictate the game though even though he played 8 mins he's still recovering from the injury and is getting used to playing with the protective wrist gaurd...b ut he did what he does best assists, rebound, steals and played tough defense

and Jennings looks like he's figured out his role in Europe and his numbers will start to rise considerably as he's cracked the rotation and is gonna get plenty of burn under the new coach,he scored well when he was on the floor and was effective on defense and his passing game was good, he finished with no t.o's

and to compare him to Gallo last year isnt fair because Gallo was considered a seasoned vet in Europe....so just give Jennings time he wont disappoint, he'll be fine...

What position would Stephon Curry play in the NBA? Isn't he 6'1" or 6'2" and skinny as hell? He's another SG in a PG's body. We don't need that again.

Stephen Curry will be a PG....thats the position he's been playing this year and he's been doing its effeciently averging close to 7 asts a game and keeping his T.Os to a minimium he'll be agreat PG in the NBa he's basically a light skinned less athletic Iverson...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Stephen Curry will be a PG....thats the position he's been playing this year and he's been doing its effeciently averging close to 7 asts a game and keeping his T.Os to a minimium he'll be agreat PG in the NBa he's basically a light skinned less athletic Iverson...

Iverson is not a good PG. He's another SG in a PG's body. Iverson had his best success when he played SG with a big (Eric Snow) PG. That way they could switch positions on the defensive side and let Snow guard the opposition's SG and Iverson guard their PG. Curry could be good with a Mardy Collins (if he ever becomes decent) type PG. But we traded him away. So I say we don't draft Curry. There will be better PG's and better SG's in the draft.

TunerAddict

Starter
Iverson is not a good PG. He's another SG in a PG's body. Iverson had his best success when he played SG with a big (Eric Snow) PG. That way they could switch positions on the defensive side and let Snow guard the opposition's SG and Iverson guard their PG. Curry could be good with a Mardy Collins (if he ever becomes decent) type PG. But we traded him away. So I say we don't draft Curry. There will be better PG's and better SG's in the draft.

:agreed:
Beware the enticing tweeners like Curry. Boy can score, but his lack of height traps him as a scoring PG, which after all, isn't a real PG now is it?

However, there is one benefit to drafting him.

LeBron. They are buds. It would be a way to convince him to come to NY. Not worth the pick in my opinion, but if LBJ is the true goal, picking Stephon Curry may help land him.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Well, LeBron fits well with high scoring PGs
Looking at the Cavs, the only thing we should avoid looking past 2010 are guys with bad shot range
Its all good as long as PG can shoot. LeBron will help distribute

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Curry is going to be like Tony Parker with 3pt range.

thats a really good comparison i agree with that...hit the nail in the coffin with that one

i would love to have Curry on our tea he provides us with a player who could score the rock as well as dish it off and he preforms very well when the spotlight is on(see the game vs. West Virginia, and the NCAA tourney from last year).....but one guy i really want is Greg Monroe....dude is nasty blocks shots at a high rate and is a better offensive player then Thabeet he had 13 pnts and 3 blks 2day vs.Memphis.....i see Dwight Howard when i watch this dude he'll have a very successful career in the NBA, and he likes to run the fast break, just like MIke D'Antoni....

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband...d=2459788&brand=null&videoId=3766134&n8pe6c=2

thats a video on how Jennings has been doing so far in europe and his imrovment over the last couple of games....

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband...d=2459788&brand=null&videoId=3766124&n8pe6c=2

this is a video discussing Stephen Curry.....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ i wouldnt go that far lmao....his scoring ability is just too good for him to be a bust and he's hown he could run the point very well and his play down the stretch in games is amazing, he'll be a very nice player in the nba

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
^ i wouldnt go that far lmao....his scoring ability is just too good for him to be a bust and he's hown he could run the point very well and his play down the stretch in games is amazing, he'll be a very nice player in the nba

im confused because didnt everyone say this about jj redick? and look at him now. but i like curry a lot and i hear every1 hypin him up so im hopin he says what you say he'll do

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im confused because didnt everyone say this about jj redick? and look at him now. but i like curry a lot and i hear every1 hypin him up so im hopin he says what you say he'll do

yea but redick was just a shooter from what i saw he was nothing like Curry, and Rddick doesnt get any playing time in sure he could knock down a few shots if he gets into games...but he's strictly a shooter loll...

Thabeet was nasty 2day 18, and 10 reb dudes a monster....anyone saw the highlights to the Syracuse game? tough way to lose...

metrocard

Legend
Curry could score in a million ways, while Reddick could only score from spotting up or a pump fake.

Curry is a special prospect, he's not a pass first player; but why should he with all the skill, talent, and cat-like agility he possess?

knickzrulezH20, wrong. You don't even know what "Athelicism" is, and Curry is fast as a speed demon. Terrible analysis, but good try by sadly attempting to drop your two cents at the God.

Curry has amazing footwork and ability to move to point A to point B. No one in college basketball can stay infront of him or keep up with him (except my main brother Dennis Clemente @ Kansas State)

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Curry could score in a million ways, while Reddick could only score from spotting up or a pump fake.

Curry is a special prospect, he's not a pass first player; but why should he with all the skill, talent, and cat-like agility he possess?

knickzrulezH20, wrong. You don't even know what "Athelicism" is, and Curry is fast as a speed demon. Terrible analysis, but good try by sadly attempting to drop your two cents at the God.

Curry has amazing footwork and ability to move to point A to point B. No one in college basketball can stay infront of him or keep up with him (except my main brother Dennis Clemente @ Kansas State)

co-sing another good post metro.....Curry will be great in the NBA his skills make it hard to fail...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Chad Ford released his lottery generator, posting a link, have fun

it's updated time to time, depending on lottery teams, their current needs and performance of the kids

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/lottery2009/mockdraft

Ford sees Knicks picking BJ Mullens or Austin Daye in most scenarios - the best guys like Curry or Rubio should be off the board much sooner

Edit - took me some 20 tries in that page to get no1 spot for Knicks. Not so bad, maybe we have a chance lol
Chad had Knicks picking Griffin at 1, if they get it btw

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ nice didnt think they'd release it this early....but i wouldnt really want Mullens i'd much rather have Monroe.....he's a beter scorer and plays better defense then Mullens, Mullens has a ton of potential though will he work hard enough to reach it is the question?