The Official NBA Draft 2008 Thread

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm telling you people. Second Rd pick is a guy from my school. Jason Thompson out of Rider. (Yes the Rider who stomped Manattan twice this year metro, ha)

6'10 250. He's one of only 3 players to average 20ppg and 10 rebounds last season, and hes doing it again this season and he blocks around 3 a game. The guy has a super high motor and good basketball IQ.

And NYKnicks126 Mayo is a combo guard. He's probably more suited to play the two spot but with his vision i'm sure he could play the point.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Jason Thompson is average.

I'm taking two courses with two basketball players from Manhattan College, they're chill dudes, but Manhattan fell off ever since Bobby Gonzalez left. Luis Flores >>> Jason Thompson.

Plus, you guys barely beat us with superior talent.

stevie

Benchwarmer
Ricky Rubio is supposedly the best player in the world. Lets draft Deandre this year and Rubio next year. Most importantly we need to move Randolph, Crawford, Jefferies. They all have another 3 years on their contracts after this one and we need to clear space for when king James is free agent

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Jason Thompson looks like he is getting better and better each season. A senior is always good to have out of college because of there experience. Kinda like Josh Howard a few years back, expect Thompson is much taller, haven't heard much about him. Thompson according to draft express will be a early 2nd round pick.

I am seeing and hearing rumors about DeAndre Jordon heading to the 2009 draft, and not declaring for the 2008 draft, anyone hear something about that?

metrocard

Legend

He should stay in college, his skills aren't there yet; hopefully with good ethic he will get there.

But theres no question he's the most athletic and explosive 7 foot prospect in this year draft and next year.

nyKnicks126

That dunk was crazy, the way he is so athletic is just unbelieveable. Because of his age, and experience he probably would have a hard time getting used to the NBA speed, pace, size, and strengh. I think most of you heard that his work ethic isn't the best, he actually has a poor work ethic which can lower his chance at making himself an NBA READY player. If he worked on his game, and would take school seriously, he would be the top pick in the 2009, very close to the wire with Rubio, but depending who wants who Jordon is up there as a top 3 pick.

nyKnicks126

I wanted to point out one thing, I was watching highlights of the UCONN S. Florida game yesterday, and Hasheem Thabeet was brought to my attention before, but this time even more, I know this is a college division, but still getting 8 blocks in one game is crazy. This definately takes away from his rebounding total of 7.7 per game this season. He averages 4.3 blocks a game, and 10.7 points per game.

My concern about Hasheem Thabeet is if he is NBA ready or not, but I dont know if he will be able to handle the speed, strengh, and in the post game of the NBAs centers. If work he will make is raw offensive play a hazard if he works on it! Hasheem Thabeet is a sophomore in UConn. The question is will he be headed to the NBA draft in 2008? I see potential in this guy. Another year in college might help him, but then again his defense will be a factor who ever picks him up in the draft if he desides he wants to come to the NBA.

youpddd

Rookie
courtney lee

wy not draft courtney lee. according to draft express i think hes very good. and can anybody tell me any other websites talking about prospects other than draft xpres, nbadraft.net, scouts.com

nyKnicks126

Yeah, but knowing the Knicks and how they are doing this season, if no trade occurs, then the Knicks will probably be around to get between the 1st-8th pick in the draft, depending on the teams luck. So I think the Knicks should get a more quality player on the team like Brook Lopezzz.

nyKnicks126

Do you guys know we need to give the Chicago Bulls our 2nd round pick in the 2009 draft, this all has been because of the Eddy Curry deal.

Okay but you guys got to explain this to me.

Utah receives a 2008 New York first-round pick (top 23 protected in 2008, top 22 protected in 2009 and unproteced in 2010) (Tom Gugliotta trade) via Phoenix (Marbury trade) Phoenix receives a 2005 New York Knicks first-round pick. (Marbury trade).

So in 2008 they get our pick only if! we are top 8 or better in the league? and top 9 or better in 2009? and in 2010 we give them a first round pick automatically? Because I am still not really sure about this.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Isiah's a jackass. I remember when the Suns traded Marbury. They were desperate to get rid of him. There was no need to give them so many picks. Especially when we already had to take Penny's enormous contract.I remember the Curry trade. We gave the Bulls 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks. We still gotta give the Bulls our 2009 second round pick. That's exactly why I knew that trade was so stupid. The Knicks gave their life for Curry. 3 players and 4 draft picks is way too much for Curry. I think 1 player for Curry is too much for Curry. lol

nyKnicks126

Michael Beasley gets his 23rd double double in Division I basketball. He passes the 22 double doubles that Carmelo Anthony had.

Did anyone catch the Tenn. 2 vs. Memphis 1 game. I gotta say that I like the leadership of Rose, but they lost. Good game.

metrocard

Legend
Tank for Beasley or Lopez...then draft the best PG prospect in Ricky Rubio, 6"4 17 year old with a 6"10 wingspan...plays like Nash but with Rajon Rando athelicism/defense. If we don't draft Beasley or Lopez...then Augustin should be the primary guard we should go after then Rose.

Lopez will be playing tonight on Fox Sports Network....Standard against Cal...Ryan Anderson is another NBA prospect averaging 20 and 10...be around to check out the game.

I jus got a quick question bout the draft lotto. how does the lottery-ball-system work. Does every team that misses the playoffs get some?

nyKnicks126

okay there are 14 teams that can get the first pick and the drawling is out of 1000 lotto balls. The First team has 250 lotto balls. and every other pick has a less chance at getting the first pick. So its like 1-7 teams in that order, in the draft that get the first pick.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Currently:

NBADraft.net has the Knicks picking DeAndre Jordan at the 5th spot.

DraftExpress.com has the Knicks picking Eric Gordon at the 5th spot.

Which one of the two would you take?

I know DeAndre Jordan needs a lot more work, but I kind of like the idea of Ewing coming in as an assistant and teaching Jordan.

nyKnicks126

Yeah but Jordan has a simular work ethic to what Eddy Curry has. Jordan actually has a better work ethic but they are both almost the same. I like Gordon but we already have to many guards, so if we do draft him, we need to trade Crawford, and Jones contract should simply expire.

By the way the worst team in the NBA gets a 25% chance at the first pick so.
1st -25% chance at #1
2nd -19.9% chance at #1
3rd - 15.6% chance at #1
4th - 11.9% chance at #1
5th - 8.8% chance at #1
6th - 5.3% chance at #1 (Portland had this spot last draft)
7th - 5.3% chance at #1
8th - 1.9% chance at #1
9th - 1.9% chance at #1
10th- 1.8% chance at #1
11th- 0.8% chance at #1
12th- 0.7% chance at #1
13th- 0.6% chance at #1
14th- 0.5% chance at #1

GetRealistic

Starter
I notice nobody is metioning Jerryd Bayless. This kid can play. He was one of the most highly touted PG's coming out of High school and he's backed it up. The guy is averaging 21.2 and 4.4 assists. Rose probably has the most upside buy Bayless has a jump shot and Rose doesn't.

I watch Texas last night and Augustine is a nice player but he's not a top 5 pick. If we get bad luck in the loterry or trade down i wouldn't mind Augustine but i couldnt see taking Augustine over Rose, Bayless, Mayo, Gordon, or possibly Ty Lawson. Lawson isnt NBA ready but he's one of the fastest guys i've ever seen.

I don't know about you guys, but just say we end up with the 6th pick and we can't get Beasley or Rose would you consider trading down and getting two first round picks and possibly unloaded a contract? Maybe you make a move with Seatlle who has like 4 1st round picks.

I notice nobody is metioning Jerryd Bayless. This kid can play. He was one of the most highly touted PG's coming out of High school and he's backed it up. The guy is averaging 21.2 and 4.4 assists. Rose probably has the most upside buy Bayless has a jump shot and Rose doesn't.

I watch Texas last night and Augustine is a nice player but he's not a top 5 pick. If we get bad luck in the loterry or trade down i wouldn't mind Augustine but i couldnt see taking Augustine over Rose, Bayless, Mayo, Gordon, or possibly Ty Lawson. Lawson isnt NBA ready but he's one of the fastest guys i've ever seen.

I don't know about you guys, but just say we end up with the 6th pick and we can't get Beasley or Rose would you consider trading down and getting two first round picks and possibly unloaded a contract? Maybe you make a move with Seatlle who has like 4 1st round picks.
if that happens i think i might jump off a bridge, but they deff need a first round pick. So they cant JUST unload a big contract in a trade. Yeah your right the sonics have a shitload of draft picks but they really need them so we're gonna have to give them a hell of a deal like marbury or zach. I'm pretty sure they're under the cap and they just got all those expiring contracts in that big ben trade.