I Have Seen The Light: Fire D'antoni!

p0nder

Starter
:alert::alert::alert:

This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY? :barf:

Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.

I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

:gony:

Red

TYPE-A

This is coming from the biggest supporter D'antoni had on these boards (aside from KFFQ). I watched this post-season collapse happen before my very eyes. It's time for D'antoni to go.

I was patient. During the season as we played and traded our way to mediocrity, I said "let's wait to see what we can do in the playoffs". I was impressed as we made our way to the 6th seed with a roller-coaster team and was excited for the playoffs..

I said to myself going in to Boston, "At least in the last moments of a close game I can count on this era's best offensive coach and the most clutch player in the last 8 seasons to get us 1 win"

I waited patiently and saw game 1 stolen from us by a mix of the Ref's and some lousy play calling on part of D'antoni. I figured, "everyone get's one, move on, good game, lets get 'em next time"

Oh no. I should have realized this would not go well. Game 2 was disastrous. Melo took over the entire game dropped 42 points, grabbed 17 rebounds and STILL we could not close out the Celtics. We have the best offensive player in the game today and we can't win this 1 game??? JJ under the basket for the final play???? WHY? :barf:

Game 3 I watched in horror as the celtics went up 22-5 before ANYTHING happened. AC got put into the game for a few minutes while boston's bench was on the floor and we battled back, but when rondo came back on, he was out of the game and we never got close again. JVG was calling that game and EVERYTHING that I said in my head he was calling out nearly 2 seconds after I thought it. He was watching the game realizing that AC and Shawne Williams were playing above their heads, had helped the knicks rally and were not getting back on the floor. All because D'antoni wouldn't use them against the Celtics starters. His stubbornness and refusal to adapt and make an adjustment lost us this game before it even started.

Game 4 was a terrible 1st half. I watched at my grandma's house on Easter sunday as my family, full of boston fan's, smirked and got out the brooms. Finally in the second half the players decided to turn it up themselves but it was too little too late. AC should have started every game while Billups was out and had TD come off the bench as he is designed to do. The coach could not solve anything that boston threw at the knicks, which was nothing new. He left Fields on Ray allen all series even tho allen was TORCHING the kid and ruining his confidence. I don't think we will ever see the same Fields again.

This series was going to be a Knicks out regardless of the coach, but there were at least 2 games we could have won with better play calling and a more concentrated Defensive effort. If everyone was healthy and ready to go, then we could of even took this series, with a different coach. His refusal to adapt and make adjustments lost us these games and series. a different coach could make those same predictable calls at the end of games but would also coach some defense, maybe call a play the other team doesn't expect and get the player fired up with more then "OK guys, what we need to do is do what we do and PUSH THE BALL" that was his time out talk in game 3... "PUSH THE BALL". There were no inspirational firing up the team to play better, no assignments on defense, no plays even really called. It was pitiful! It's like he had given up on the coaching after the first 2 games in Boston and decided "**** it, push the ball and we'll score lots of points, maybe that'll do it!"

I am disgusted. These playoffs could not have gone worse from a Knicks fan point of view. 1 win was all we really needed. At least then we could point out 1 positive from the post-season, say we left it all out on the floor and did what it took to get 1 game from Boston.

I literally prayed on Easter Sunday that the knicks would bring back JVG. Please God/Allah/Buddah/Flying Spaghetti Monster PLEASE bring us JVG or at least a coach that has a clue. I lvoe what Donnie Walsh has managed to do from a personnel point of view, but if he is tied to D'antoni then get rid of him too.

Welcome home!

You know what I say to the excuse makers and spinners who harp on our team being in transition as yet another excuse that neglects to exlain the entire poor picture...

***NEWSFLASH

Do you recall when "our team was clicking" when we had "Felton and co." Running LOSS (SSOL) like a well oiled machine?

Well use that selective memory and recall WE WOULD GO DOWN BY DOUBLE DIGITS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME THEN TOO, MORONS! But you thought I forgot didn't you? Nope.

Same sh*t- different toilet!

There goes that excuse, debunked!

I can feel it.... just a matter of time.

TakMan

Rotation player
Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.

Red

TYPE-A
Anyone had a look at how San Antonio and Orlando are performing these days? Surely both their coaches need to be sacked instantly considering they are playing against far easier teams than the Knicks did, with home court advantage, no injury worries, and have a backbone that has played together for years. Surely that then means that Van Gundy and Popovich are well below D'Antoni in the coaching league.

I don't see why people are isolating the Knicks sweep to one person. Had the refs not been complete c*nts in the first two games a lot of people would not have bothered posting on this forum. You will also be the same people to slam the next coach when the team isn't performing as you expect even if there are many other factors to take into consideration.

This has nothing to do with a sweep or expectations- get with the program.

No one had us going to the playoffs this year, but we made it. We were without a pg, without a center, without an SG, an injured Amare, a team that just had traded away 4/5 of their starting lineup, and a team with key role players with no playoff experience at all. Not to mention Amare even said that he didn't even get to go to one practice because of his back. But you guys keep complaining about being swept against a veteran team that has been together for four years and with one of the most complete rosters in the NBA. SMH.

Red

TYPE-A
No one had us going to the playoffs this year, but we made it. We were without a pg, without a center, without an SG, an injured Amare, a team that just had traded away 4/5 of their starting lineup, and a team with key role players with no playoff experience at all. Not to mention Amare even said that he didn't even get to go to one practice because of his back. But you guys keep complaining about being swept against a veteran team that has been together for four years and with one of the most complete rosters in the NBA. SMH.

LOL... we went into the playoffs without a PG, C, and SG because of D'Antoni.

Where have you been for the last three years?

Our PG, C, and SG are:

Lopez, Jennings, and Brewer. They help other teams win.
Oh and we have depth too- Their names are Randolph and Milicic.

Your arguments hold no water. You can't win.

TakMan

Rotation player

It has everything to do with the sweep actually. It can't be referring to the regular season surely. I've read it. Even if it was referring to the regular season, it was our first winning season in close to a decade. I understand that people are aggrevated with D'Antoni, as the coach always bears the brunt of perceived failure, but to act as if there aren't really stumbling blocks throughout the season and particularly in the playoffs only demonstrates an inherent bias which makes a healthy debate impossible.

KBlack25

Starter

Our PG, C, and SG are:

Issue is - Lopez would be gone (and probably Jennings too) in the Carmelo trade.

Plus Brook Lopez blows.

Our PG, C, and SG are:

You talking about the Lopez that gets like 3 rebounds per game? That lopez? That guy is softer than Chris Bosh and we'd still be getting outrebounded every game. Jennings has a horrible shot selection and chucks up so many shots while having a 37 fg %. I don't want that immature ****** on my team just check out this video.

Red

TYPE-A
It has everything to do with the sweep actually. It can't be referring to the regular season surely. I've read it. Even if it was referring to the regular season, it was our first winning season in close to a decade. I understand that people are aggrevated with D'Antoni, as the coach always bears the brunt of perceived failure, but to act as if there aren't really stumbling blocks throughout the season and particularly in the playoffs only demonstrates an inherent bias which makes a healthy debate impossible.

No it actually doesn't. Lie to yurself if you want, but the negative observences have been well documented.

And all your short-sighted view points have been addressed and debunked. As you state it these are isolated instances, anomolies.

We have analyzed every move ad nauseum from the get go. Maybe you are unaware, maybe you don't like to read or research.

Save us the trouble and do so, then you will see how poor your assessment of the situation is.

Issue is - Lopez would be gone (and probably Jennings too) in the Carmelo trade.

Plus Brook Lopez blows.

That's called speculation, and it doesn't help your point.

Anyone, you included, who clammors for a PG, C, or SG are either ignorant of the FACTS or delusional for your self serving purpose. I know the truth.

Now again I can't waste time on casual fandum. Show us your knowledge and conclude as we have...

Mostly all the MISTAKES you can name or EXCUSES you come up with are affected by this coach. Change him and you change the mistakes- and reduce the excuse.

Wow- that's my battle cry....

"REDUCE THE EXCUSE"

No it actually doesn't. Lie to yurself if you want, but the negative observences have been well documented.

And all your short-sighted view points have been addressed and debunked. As you state it these are isolated instances, anomolies.

We have analyzed every move ad nauseum from the get go. Maybe you are unaware, maybe you don't like to read or research.

Save us the trouble and do so, then you will see how poor your assessment of the situation is.

Anyone, you included, who clammors for a PG, C, or SG are either ignorant of the FACTS or delusional for your self serving purpose. I know the truth.

Now again I can't waste time on casual fandum. Show us your knowledge and conclude as we have...

Mostly all the MISTAKES you can name or EXCUSES you come up with are affected by this coach. Change him and you change the mistakes- and reduce the excuse.

"REDUCE THE EXCUSE"

I like that battle cry...

Red

TYPE-A
You talking about the Lopez that gets like 3 rebounds per game? That lopez? That guy is softer than Chris Bosh and we'd still be getting outrebounded every game. Jennings has a horrible shot selection and chucks up so many shots while having a 37 fg %. I don't want that immature ****** on my team just check out this video.

They are CHEAPER and have more potential than Jeffries, Turiaf, and Douglas.

Are better than Gallo and Jordan Hill.

And with the right coach, could have prevented us from getting raped in trades trying to backtrack due to the personnel mistakes we've made.

Please read espn or articles that have addressed this- especially going forward. We will no longer make personnel decisions influnced by Mikes flawed approach.

That's why we are here.... hello!

Use your memory

In 2008 we needed a PG & Center (after Mike sat and ignored Marbury)
In 2009 we needed a pg & C
In 2010 we needed a Pg & C
In 2011 we need a PG & C

Now.... HOW MANY PG AND C'S HAVE WE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO GET????

AND WHY DON'T WE HAVE THEM????

DO THE F*CKING MATH. 2+2 EQUALS 4!!!

4+2 equlas what genius?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
And so begins the revolving coaching door that exists in NY. Hire a new coach for the fans to get all excited about. Lose in the playoffs. Fire the coach. Hire a new coach. Lose in the playoffs. Etc, etc etc. It doesn't matter what coach we put out there. We're not winning any championships with this flawed roster and no ability to build around it. Knick fans chose this fate. Live with it for the next 5 years and stop finding excuses.

KBlack25

Starter

"REDUCE THE EXCUSE"

I don't buy that the Jordan Hill pick was MDA's doing - it was a panic pick when none of Curry, Flynn or Rubio fell to the Knicks...if MDA wanted Hill, Hill would have played, but he didn't. I think Walsh made the pick b/c Hill was touted as being an athletic guy, and likely was the highest guy on the draft board.

And Lopez is a total waste of space...call me a "casual fan", but I think it's you who is casual if you clamor for Brook Lopez. This guy is a starting center in the NBA, a 7 footer, young and supposedly athletic, and his rebounding numbers are abysmal. He had TWO rebounds in a game this year versus the Knicks. TWO! AGAINST THE KNICKS! If you watched this guy play, he's soft, nothing special, and he just seems not to care, at all, especially in regards to rebounding. Give me Gallinari every day of the week, this has nothing to do with MDA - Gallinari is just a better player.

They are CHEAPER and have more potential than Jeffries, Turiaf, and Douglas.

Are better than Gallo and Jordan Hill.

And with the right coach, could have prevented us from getting raped in trades trying to backtrack due to the personnel mistakes we've made.

Please read espn or articles that have addressed this- especially going forward. We will no longer make personnel decisions influnced by Mikes flawed approach.

That's why we are here.... hello!
They still would've gotten traded just like Gallo and Jordan. :boohoo:

PS: How is Jennings better than Gallo?

And so begins the revolving coaching door that exists in NY. Hire a new coach for the fans to get all excited about. Lose in the playoffs. Fire the coach. Hire a new coach. Lose in the playoffs. Etc, etc etc. It doesn't matter what coach we put out there. We're not winning any championships with this flawed roster and no ability to build around it. Knick fans chose this fate. Live with it for the next 5 years and stop finding excuses.
We can still get CP3 or some good role players.... idk what your talking about.

Welcome. Please be sure to talk to as many dissenters as you can in hopes that we can convert them also...:peace:

Red

TYPE-A
I don't buy that the Jordan Hill pick was MDA's doing - it was a panic pick when none of Curry, Flynn or Rubio fell to the Knicks...if MDA wanted Hill, Hill would have played, but he didn't. I think Walsh made the pick b/c Hill was touted as being an athletic guy, and likely was the highest guy on the draft board.

And Lopez is a total waste of space...call me a "casual fan", but I think it's you who is casual if you clamor for Brook Lopez. This guy is a starting center in the NBA, a 7 footer, young and supposedly athletic, and his rebounding numbers are abysmal. He had TWO rebounds in a game this year versus the Knicks. TWO! AGAINST THE KNICKS! If you watched this guy play, he's soft, nothing special, and he just seems not to care, at all, especially in regards to rebounding. Give me Gallinari every day of the week, this has nothing to do with MDA - Gallinari is just a better player.

Really, we didn't have any assets to trade up right? After who and how we got our trades done, it was just impossible right?

Yeah and Walsh panicked and picked Hill because he was stumpped right?

Even though there were reports that he impressed Mike in workouts right? After it was reported they targeted him right?

After it was reported that we needed a big (what's new) and he fit closest to Amare who Mda had no clue was coming? Please!

And I know you are a casual fan from how you viewd Amare dropping 30 as we'll as your posts. Its obvious. As was why we drafted Hill and Gallo.

They still would've gotten traded just like Gallo and Jordan. :boohoo:

PS: How is Jennings better than Gallo?

Yes- THEY FIT POSITIONS OF NEED! MCFLY!!!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
We can still get CP3 or some good role players.... idk what your talking about.

We can? How? Please explain.

We are at $61 mil team salary with only 8 players on the roster. If we are going after CP3 in 2012, this means we will have to fill the roster next year with minimum salary vets with 1 year deals. How many solid role players are we going to get with that? Not enough to make us contenders or even better than we are right now. Remember, we are losing Shawne Williams, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams, Bill Walker, Roger Mason, Jeffries and Derrick Brown this summer. Our cupboards are bare and we are already over the cap.

If we use the MLE (if it even exists next year), it will eat into cap space to sign CP3.

If we sign anybody over a 1 year deal, it will eat into the cap space needed to sign CP3.

Our roster next year will be very similar to the roster we have now. Our bench was badly exposed, and it isn't going to get much better.

We will be at approximately $44 mil in team salary with only 2 players on the roster in 2012 (If we drop Douglas and are able to trade Balkman for an expiring deal). Not enough cap space to give CP3 a max deal if the cap stays the same at $58 mil (all reports seem to be of a smaller cap and more restrictive CBA). And if the cap rises, there is not enough to build around those 3.

A team of CP3, Amare, Melo and minimum scrub nobodies is not winning a championship.

Plus, do you really think the Hornets and CP3 are going to wait until 2012 to move him? The Hornets will follow what Denver did and get as much as they can for CP3.

We can't trade any picks until 2016. We have no tradeable assets. We cannot trade for CP3.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

^^^ This is total BS. As is this MDA coach hunt..

Takman's post is relevant to our stuation because it illustrates the blind hatred that has subplanted intelligent critique and broad-minded assessment.

Red you are the primary culprit in this area..