JR Suspended 5 games for Violating Drug Policy

metrocard

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 36s

The NBA is suspending Knicks guard J,R. Smith for violating the league's substance abuse policy, sources tell Yahoo Sports

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 42s

J.R. Smith did not test positive for a performance enhancing drug. A five-game suspension would suggest a positive marijunana test

JR Spliff.

tiger0330

Legend
Don't know if you saw that report on Ricky Williams. One of his teammates said he was smoking weed the night before he had a 200 yard game.

If JR can put up 40ppg in a game after smoking some grass who cares.

Nice to see you posting again Metro.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
And people thought I was crazy for not caring if he left the Knicks after last season....... Self hate is an awful demon.

metrocard

Legend
And people thought I was crazy for not caring if he left the Knicks after last season....... Self hate is an awful demon.

Well, I was feeling this as well.

I don't hate JR Smith, I just don't think he's capable of being responsible until playoff team. You saw where he got suspended against the Celtics and it almost cost us. I don't think it was his fault though, but JR's personality just isn't fit for team success.

I love his talents. He has Jordan potential honestly.

skisloper

Starter
well, i was feeling this as well.

I don't hate jr smith, i just don't think he's capable of being responsible until playoff team. You saw where he got suspended against the celtics and it almost cost us. I don't think it was his fault though, but jr's personality just isn't fit for team success.

I love his talents. He has jordan potential honestly.

jr is a selfish *******........u fools who still praise him just blow my mind........i said not to sign jr and everyone with then who will score for us is just a bunch of crap....

Look what he did to terry, parties during the playoffs and now this...he dont give a damn what dont u understand....

Jr a real winner...hahahahahahah

this is again why for the 2nd time no team offered jr a contract !!!!!!!!!! Only the knicks...

Yeah a real steal for us.........morons.........

What amazes me how people say we got jr cheap....so why did another team not come and take him...hmmmmm one wonders !!! No we dont wonder its because jr is a selfish dude who is not a team player......

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
just have him suit up the first 5 games of the season, as he is likely to miss them due to rehab from surgery

nixon7

Benchwarmer
The only question remaining should be whether this train wreck and abject fool is now third or fourth (or lower) on the depth chart at SG.

xk3smith

Benchwarmer
just have him suit up the first 5 games of the season, as he is likely to miss them due to rehab from surgery

The league is not stupid. When a doctor of the NBA choosing, not the Knicks, says JR is clear then his suspension will begin. A $252,000 blunt. That's how much money he will lose. Hope that was some damn good weed!!!!!

welcometonycity

Rotation player
The league is not stupid. When a doctor of the NBA choosing, not the Knicks, says JR is clear then his suspension will begin. A $252,000 blunt. That's how much money he will lose. Hope that was some damn good weed!!!!!

u mad? smoke suttin bruh. clearly hatin on jr. its just weed relax.
btw the league is stupid hes suspended the first 5 games of the season.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This is crazy, suspending a player for smoking weed? Gimme a break. What's next? Suspending players for failing alco tests? LOL.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
This is crazy, suspending a player for smoking weed? Gimme a break. What's next? Suspending players for failing alco tests? LOL.

Yea but he knows what the rules are and the risk. He should have learned by now, but he is still immature. I doubt the league will give him the 1st five games of the season. They'll add it to his recovery time. JR still doesn't get it.

skisloper

Starter
u mad? smoke suttin bruh. clearly hatin on jr. its just weed relax.
btw the league is stupid hes suspended the first 5 games of the season.

We all agree that so what its Weed....thats not the point!!!!!!

His teammates will now be without him for 5 games.....dude got suspended in the playoffs last year.......
It just the worst form of a teammate you can have..............
250,000 to smoke weed is alot of money but JR knew that and agan did not care or does not have enough self discipline to not do it just like elbowing terry

Kiyaman

Legend
jr is a selfish *******........u fools who still praise him just blow my mind........i said not to sign jr and everyone with then who will score for us is just a bunch of crap....

Look what he did to terry, parties during the playoffs and now this...he dont give a damn what dont u understand....

Jr a real winner...hahahahahahah

this is again why for the 2nd time no team offered jr a contract !!!!!!!!!! Only the knicks...

Yeah a real steal for us.........morons.........

What amazes me how people say we got jr cheap....so why did another team not come and take him...hmmmmm one wonders !!! No we dont wonder its because jr is a selfish dude who is not a team player......

:agreed::gony::agreed:

The biggest fool in this episode of JR.smith is GM Grunny .. DAMN! JR let u down again .. DAMN! suspended in the postseason, then suspended at the start of the season.
Resigning JR a 2nd time is already taking its toll on GM Grunny.

skisloper

Starter
:agreed::gony::agreed:

The biggest fool in this episode of JR.smith is GM Grunny .. DAMN! JR let u down again .. DAMN! suspended in the postseason, then suspended at the start of the season.
Resigning JR a 2nd time is already taking its toll on GM Grunny.

I just get pissed at all the fools on the Knicksonline who talk about JR and the steal of a price we got him for twice...

Agree Grunwald should have been smarter....winners win championships not morons.....

suns cut beasley.....Knicks embrace JR.....

knicksince 93

Rotation player
I just get pissed at all the fools on the Knicksonline who talk about JR and the steal of a price we got him for twice...

Agree Grunwald should have been smarter....winners win championships not morons.....

I understand what you're saying but Beasley doesn't produce like jr did if he did he wouldn't have been cut. Also its not like we could have used that money elsewhere it was spend it on him or not at all so it's better to have him then not. Any team in the league would take jr for his bird rights contract(not just sign him) but hisbl bird right exception to the cap rules contract. Also most players in the league smoke weed come on now

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

tiger0330

Legend

Beasley took more shots (766) than points scored (759). If he was 6th man of the year the Suns would have kept him.

JR has talent and I'm cheering for him because he's a Knick for the next 3 years but he does need to stop acting like a bonehead.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
It doesn't matter if JR has high potential or not. He's never gonna get there with 0 work ethic and terrible mindset. Getting drunk and clubbing during playoffs? wtf...There's a reason why Lebron is the best player on the planet right now...yes he was blessed with a gift but people say that Lebron's work ethic is tremendous...it's no wonder he's so good (I'm not a Lebron worshipper btw)

Get rid of this idiot now