Knicks offensive plays are pretty limited

metrocard

Legend
1. Pound it into Curry. Doesnt matter if hes triple teamed force the ball in there anyway. Leads to 5-10 turnovers a game.
2. Crawford freelance. Stutterstep, Crossover, launch 20 foot fadeaway. Leads to some nasty FG nights of 4-22 for example.
3. Marbury freelance. Marbury control all game gun away for 40. Interestingly when he does this its at a very high percentage. Unfortunately this means the entire team is frozen out so if he cant do it himself then we lose.
4. Frye pump fake 18 foot jump shot on the right high block. What is it with this play that sucks so bad? It just reeks of soft. It will go in a few times then it wont. Its very kurt thomas like where if the shot is there, great, if not, hes useless.
5. Francis chicken head cut off routine. Pound the ball for 22 seconds and either launch a disgusting shot or whip the ball at a teammate as the shot clock expires.
6. Malik Rose post up or deep jump shot (can I just throw up?)
7. Jerome James featured in the post (sadly, when he does this, it actually looks good. Is this because everything else looks so damn BAD?)
8. Jared Jeffries offensive juggernaut. Oh god I cant take this anymore when this guy goes off on his own and either launches a deep shot with no chance or goes in and bricks a layup against a 6' tall guard.

Have I left anything out!?!? Oh yeah, QRich deep uncontested shot. Of course I cant remember the last time he played so.... oh and the Balkman breakaway fast break off a turnover. Thats not really an offensive play though.

You forgot about the one where nate does some crazy dribbling, and while the other team is wondering whether or not he will pass it, knicks fans everywhere know that he wont, and then he goes in for some type of stupid layup and gets blocked or turns the ball over by fumbling it -- this is one of our key plays

George M.

Benchwarmer
1. Pound it into Curry. Doesnt matter if hes triple teamed force the ball in there anyway. Leads to 5-10 turnovers a game.
2. Crawford freelance. Stutterstep, Crossover, launch 20 foot fadeaway. Leads to some nasty FG nights of 4-22 for example.
3. Marbury freelance. Marbury control all game gun away for 40. Interestingly when he does this its at a very high percentage. Unfortunately this means the entire team is frozen out so if he cant do it himself then we lose.
4. Frye pump fake 18 foot jump shot on the right high block. What is it with this play that sucks so bad? It just reeks of soft. It will go in a few times then it wont. Its very kurt thomas like where if the shot is there, great, if not, hes useless.
5. Francis chicken head cut off routine. Pound the ball for 22 seconds and either launch a disgusting shot or whip the ball at a teammate as the shot clock expires.
7. Jerome James featured in the post (sadly, when he does this, it actually looks good. Is this because everything else looks so damn BAD?)
8. Jared Jeffries offensive juggernaut. Oh god I cant take this anymore when this guy goes off on his own and either launches a deep shot with no chance or goes in and bricks a layup against a 6' tall guard.

Have I left anything out!?!? Oh yeah, QRich deep uncontested shot. Of course I cant remember the last time he played so.... oh and the Balkman breakaway fast break off a turnover. Thats not really an offensive play though.
Oh yeah,but if Allan Houston was taking that uncontested shot while healthy of course,you'd be happy as a pig in shit!!Wouldn't you??? He'd hit that shot 75% of the time! Better yet how 'bout Ray Ray Shuttlesworth or Rashard Lewis??? They'd hit that shot at about the same clip wouldn't they?????? That 3pt threat is what's missing from the offense! No dbl or triple teams on Chubby!!!!!!

metrocard

Legend
Oh yeah,but if Allan Houston was taking that uncontested shot while healthy of course,you'd be happy as a pig in shit!!Wouldn't you??? He'd hit that shot 75% of the time! Better yet how 'bout Ray Ray Shuttlesworth or Rashard Lewis??? They'd hit that shot at about the same clip wouldn't they?????? That 3pt threat is what's missing from the offense! No dbl or triple teams on Chubby!!!!!!

1156172689980cv0_15099.gif

George M.

Benchwarmer
If you're mocking me Metro,that's fine! It seems that at 18-19 yrs of age you think you know everything there is to know about basketball.Fine.I could give 2 shits about you and your so called knowledge and viewpoints!!! I was watching Clyde and Earl the Pearl and W.Reed along with Bob McAdoo! That was before you were a gleam in your daddy's eyes!!!!! Hell,I even met Earl the Pearl in person!!! So fine,keep your nonsense going.I'll never respond to you again!!!

u kinda touched on it in number 1, but i'll add to it. they give it to curry, he's doubled, then does nothing until he gets trippled, then tries to drive to tha basket and either bricks a layup, or gets fouled at misses both free throws

metrocard

Legend
If you're mocking me Metro,that's fine! It seems that at 18-19 yrs of age you think you know everything there is to know about basketball.Fine.I could give 2 shits about you and your so called knowledge and viewpoints!!! I was watching Clyde and Earl the Pearl and W.Reed along with Bob McAdoo! That was before you were a gleam in your daddy's eyes!!!!! Hell,I even met Earl the Pearl in person!!! So fine,keep your nonsense going.I'll never respond to you again!!!

1156172689980cv0_15099.gif

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Let's face it, the whole team in every aspect is limited. The more I watch these players I realize that almost every player on the team is one dimensional. They are all good at one thing, and that's it.

Curry - good low post offensivley, can't rebound or play defense
Frye - good shooter, can't rebound or play defense
Lee - great rebounder, can't hit an open shot
Crawford - good shooter, can't play defense
Jeffries - good defender, can't hit an open shot
Balkman - good defender, can't hit an open shot
Collins - good defender, can't hit an open shot
Francis - good penetrator, can't pass worth a damn

I guess Marbury and Q. Rich are the only multi-dimensional players on the team. But Q. Rich is always injured, so that just leaves Marbury.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yeah i agree cuz marbury has become the #1 option for now even if isiah continues to say curry is. We need q rich and crawford back b4 curry can get back to doin his thing down low. Its gonna be painful to watch the last 10-12 games, whatevers left. I expect to see marbury gettin it done despite bein hurt, curry and francis turnin the ball over, and jeffries, balkmen, rose, frye, collins, nate R and whoever else missin jumpshots.

I dont like old school biase fans, walt frazier says himself the teams from the 70's wouldnt do good against the teams of today

Go on.......................
:thumbsup:

George M.

Benchwarmer
This should say it all!!---------------------------->

This one goes out to Metrotard--------:barf: :whack: :flippa: :asshole: :bitch: This one goes out to MSGKnickz33------:moon: :flippa: :asshole: :bitch: One more for both of you-------> Yo Mama!!!

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
All this stuff about the offense would be funny as hell if it wasn't so true. Why don't we work the pick & roll with Marbury & Frye more often???

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
you got me laughin george M. yous a funny dude
You were watchin games in the 70's and you still playin games with me and metro. I'll let metro finish you off, ahhhh man i needed a good laugh. I'm not even offended that was just funny

As to why we dont work the pick and roll with starbury and frye more....The knick guards are more content going to curry every time so he can turn it over. Frye also has not been consistent with that jumpshot. The gameplan seems to be at this point let marbury do it all and the rest of the team can watch.

George M.

Benchwarmer
You were watchin games in the 70's and you still playin games with me and metro. I'll let metro finish you off, ahhhh man i needed a good laugh. I'm not even offended that was just funny

As to why we dont work the pick and roll with starbury and frye more....The knick guards are more content going to curry every time so he can turn it over. Frye also has not been consistent with that jumpshot. The gameplan seems to be at this point let marbury do it all and the rest of the team can watch.
That's good!!! Glad to see you have a sense of humor and a decent spirit!!!!! Unlike Metrocard!!! The kid needs to check himself and his ISSUES!

metrocard

Legend

I agree, Frye and Marbury pick and roll is more affective for the offense than throwing it to Curry all the time. Curry is too predictable.