Jeremy Lin Out 6 Weeks!!

JS3

Benchwarmer
"i'll ride Lin like Secretariat....."

I god damn hate him, even when he is gone, he is still hurting us!

skisloper

Starter
"i'll ride Lin like Secretariat....."

I god damn hate him, even when he is gone, he is still hurting us!

dont be an idiot....LIN averaged the same minutes as other PG and he played like what 15 games on total....like Dantonio was the cause....so foolish....maybe its that everytime he drives he ends up on the ground...love him for it but its does its damage.....look at jeffries knees,,,surely the drawing offensives does not help

JS3

Benchwarmer
Bashing nose and taking charges is not the same, and Lin was not an average PG - minute-wise.

he played him a lot, he played AMARE a lot, all of his rotation was ****ed up.

The media ask him(not despite) about JLIN because he over played him.

i like very much the rotation of Woody and i can only imagine, with this rotation, what would of happened (probably not serious injuries)

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Bashing nose and taking charges is not the same, and Lin was not an average PG - minute-wise.

he played him a lot, he played AMARE a lot, all of his rotation was ****ed up.

The media ask him(not despite) about JLIN because he over played him.

i like very much the rotation of Woody and i can only imagine, with this rotation, what would of happened (probably not serious injuries)

:agreed: let's go back to last season for a moment. Stat was playing like an MVP in the fist half of the season. Remember? Then, he slowed down significantly. That was because of the genius Dumbtony. He overplayed him. He even said in one of the post game interviews that Stat is tired. Stat came out later and said he is tired. Fast forward to today. After Dumb coach saw what his bench warmer could do, who saved him for a couple weeks, he overplayed him too. As a result of his selfish tactics our two of 3 best players are not playing when we need them most. Yes, I am blaming MDA for the situation we are right now. Playing without great PF and very good point guard that is.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hands off the panic button people. Just like in the NFL, this strike shortened NBA season and its truncated schedule is just KILLING the players. Lack of preseason and conditioning has its casualties....that being said, Linsanity and the hype that followed put our KNICKS back on the map, but don't get twisted. Lin is a shoot first PG that overdribbled and turned the ball over way to much.

This is where Woodson puts his bid in for the permanent coaching job. The Bulls still have the best record in the league without J Rose. Our KNICKS have capable vets like BD, TD and Bibby to run point as well as Shump and MELO is a mellow fellow and can run point-forward. It won't hurt Lin to see the game from the BENCH and he should be back for the PLAYOFFS!

JS3

Benchwarmer
Hands off the panic button people. Just like in the NFL, this strike shortened NBA season and its truncated schedule is just KILLING the players. Lack of preseason and conditioning has its casualties....that being said, Linsanity and the hype that followed put our KNICKS back on the map, but don't get twisted. Lin is a shoot first PG that overdribbled and turned the ball over way to much.

This is where Woodson puts his bid in for the permanent coaching job. The Bulls still have the best record in the league without J Rose. Our KNICKS have capable vets like BD, TD and Bibby to run point as well as Shump and MELO is a mellow fellow and can run point-forward. It won't hurt Lin to see the game from the BENCH and he should be back for the PLAYOFFS!

To tell you the truth, i think BD is overrated, we anticipated to much for a PG to run the team after TD poor handling, and Melo? i dont want him to run the point, i want him down low, in the post where he thrives as hell.

i am not that worry, i believe in the Knicks & Woody, i think that we are going to do some great shit in the playoffs(JINXERRRR...), BUT!

Grunwald has a lot of work in the summer, no way that our No 1 superstar has back2back playoffs injuries, furthermore he is under achieving, we lack of SG(sorry JR) that know to score consistently, and we have no SF backup.

but that all talks after we will defeat the Spurs in the finals.....:afro:

groundpilot

Benchwarmer

No panic at all. I just wanted to express my opinion about a negative impact of MDA on some of our players, but i agree that Lin is shoot first pass second poind guard and is turnover prone.
Having said that, i think he is way better than Baron at this point and can take over the game when it counts. Bibby is ok but Douglas is only good for a garbage time IMO

Benchwarmer
Originally Posted by jimkcchief88

No panic at all. I just wanted to express my opinion about a negative impact of MDA on some of our players, but i agree that Lin is shoot first pass second poind guard and is turnover prone.
Having said that, i think he is way better than Baron at this point and can take over the game when it counts. Bibby is ok but Douglas is only good for a garbage time IMO

BUT, wouldn't you agree that Lin showed improvement since Woodson
became interim coach? I think everyone seems to have improved since
Woodson took over. And, Lin is still young and relatively inexperienced.

AND, I have only high expectations for Lin and Melo, and the others, next season!

It's going to be an exciting ride!!

:gony:

tiger0330

Legend
Originally Posted by jimkcchief88

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpilot

Show me one play that Lin took a shot instead of making the pass, that's the definition of a shoot first PG. Just because he has a decent jump shot and is aggressive taking it to the rim does not make him a shoot first PG. Next you'll be telling me he's not a money passer.:rolleyes:

Benchwarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpilot

Show me one play that Lin took a shot instead of making the pass, that's the definition of a shoot first PG. Just because he has a decent jump shot and is aggressive taking it to the rim does not make him a shoot first PG. Next you'll be telling me he's not a money passer.:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Love your response. :agreed:

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
Hey tiger, it looks like you are another Lin nuthugger.
I dont need to show you anything. Just go and watch his games, especially under MDA, when he overdribbles instead of passing to a wide open teammate, hits the defensive wall and turns the ball over.
I am not saying he is not a good point guard, he is, but he has a lot to learn and is overrated at this point. He did show some improvement under Woodson like everybody else on this team.

Kiyaman

Legend
This is worst than BAD LUCK

Damn Damn Damn
Damntoni did this sh.tbull

I heard of bad luck, but an injury to Jefferies best season as a Knicks, then an injury to Stat when we need his talent mixing in a 10 man rotation for the playoff race, now this injury to a energize PG-Lin-Sanity who hidden talent was going to take the Knicks places in the postseason....Hell NO! This is worst than BAD-LUCK!

The only reason Baron Davis had a quick miracle recovery was because Damnphoney found a young decent 30 minute per game PG in Lin-Sanity. Baron Davis wasnt raise to be a fool, he wanted all his money on his contract, but Davis wasnt going to be Damntoni's 38 minute per game PG-Nash, or Duhon, or Felton (not) in this compressed 66 game schedule (7 games in 10 nights). Next season half the NBA players might be injured through this crazy shedule, especially if their coach is anything like Dum-Dum Dantoni

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Hey tiger, it looks like you are another Lin nuthugger.
I dont need to show you anything. Just go and watch his games, especially under MDA, when he overdribbles instead of passing to a wide open teammate, hits the defensive wall and turns the ball over.
I am not saying he is not a good point guard, he is, but he has a lot to learn and is overrated at this point. He did show some improvement under Woodson like everybody else on this team.

I don't think it really matter if he is shoot first or pass first PG. You wanna know who is our shoot first guard? JR!
The fact is Lin still leads the team with APG. It says alot about his passing. His 2P shooting is close to 48%. Next to Novak, Lin is our best 3P shooter at 32%. I don't think there is a coach in the league who wouldnt give the green light to a player with that number, especially with open looks at the basket.

Lin did what he was told. Period!

Overrated?
Statistically speaking, he is an above average PG, 10th PG in the league, 37th overall in the league by Player Efficiency Rating. Statistically speaking, he is our best player.
"Overrated" can also be a subjective term. If you personally feel he is overrated, then he is.
Overrated is also a term with comparative references. If you compare Lin to Bibby or TD, he is not overrated. But if someone compares Lin to CP or Rose, then he is overrated!

skisloper

Starter
Damn Damn Damn
Damntoni did this sh.tbull

I heard of bad luck, but an injury to Jefferies best season as a Knicks, then an injury to Stat when we need his talent mixing in a 10 man rotation for the playoff race, now this injury to a energize PG-Lin-Sanity who hidden talent was going to take the Knicks places in the postseason....Hell NO! This is worst than BAD-LUCK!

The only reason Baron Davis had a quick miracle recovery was because Damnphoney found a young decent 30 minute per game PG in Lin-Sanity. Baron Davis wasnt raise to be a fool, he wanted all his money on his contract, but Davis wasnt going to be Damntoni's 38 minute per game PG-Nash, or Duhon, or Felton (not) in this compressed 66 game schedule (7 games in 10 nights). Next season half the NBA players might be injured through this crazy shedule, especially if their coach is anything like Dum-Dum Dantoni

Lin played less then 15 games under dantonio....for a total of about 10 hours of basketball....yes I am sure that was the cause of LINS INJURY...I agree Dantonio overplays his players but 10 hours of bball ????

so for all those who love Thideaou Chicagos coach did he damage Derrick Rose ?

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin's Explosive Play Went Awry Around Feb. 20..........

I was watching the games..... Something happened to Lin either late in the Dallas game Feb. 19 or early in the New Jersey game (the game that snapped the 7 game win streak) Feb. 20.......

It seems like Lin had an extra gear prior to that point, and no longer had it afterwards.

His shooting percentage was much higher prior to that point than after it as well. It seemed to coincide with Melo's return, but I now think it was more than that. If anything, Melo's presence should have have enabled Lin to shoot even better and freelance even more, because the defenses were no longer focused solely on Lin.

Also, prior to that point, Lin was getting 4 or 5 steals in a lot of games. The steals went way down as well. His defense was still excellent all along, but the explosiveness and penetration on offense weren't the same. The assists also went down.

Just watch the YouTube videos up to the Dallas game (Feb. 19) and then afterwards...... You'll notice a marked decline in Lin's play on the offensive end of the floor starting with the NJ game (Feb. 20), and until the injury. Aside from a couple flashes (including the block of Derrick Rose and an incredible layup negated by a questionable traveling call against Detroit), the explosiveness was gone.

Kiyaman

Legend
To tell you the truth, i think BD is overrated, we anticipated to much for a PG to run the team after TD poor handling, and Melo? i dont want him to run the point, i want him down low, in the post where he thrives as hell.

i am not that worry, i believe in the Knicks & Woody, i think that we are going to do some great shit in the playoffs(JINXERRRR...), BUT!

Grunwald has a lot of work in the summer, no way that our No 1 superstar has back2back playoffs injuries, furthermore he is under achieving, we lack of SG(sorry JR) that know to score consistently, and we have no SF backup.

but that all talks after we will defeat the Spurs in the finals.....:afro:

I dont think Baron Davis is overratted....Davis, Fisher, Kidd, and Nash are outstanding backup PG for the league young PG that are 10 years younger. Westbrook two seasons of attitude will vanish having a veteran experience Derrik Fisher in the lockerroom....OKC added a big plus to the team by signing Fisher.

Lin-Sanity performance offered the Knicks all kinds of hope because Tyson Chandler, Jefferies, and Fields took an imediate liking to Lin-Sanity, in their eyes Lin could do no-wrong so the three players stepped-up their level of performance and leadership only allowing Novak to shoot 3-balls in THEIR 7 game win streak. The chemistry was the best the Knicks had in decades especially when rookie Shump defensive talent step up to co-exist with Lin/Jeff/Tyson.

Novak is a 6.10 SF, Jorts is a 6.10 F/C, Jefferies is still a 6.11 SF...

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
maybe its from the CONDENSED LOCKOUT SHORTENED SEASON? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................... na its d'antoni's fault. I blame woodson for not benching lin and starting davis so that lin wouldn't be hurt.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lin played less then 15 games under dantonio....for a total of about 10 hours of basketball....yes I am sure that was the cause of LINS INJURY...I agree Dantonio overplays his players but 10 hours of bball ????

so for all those who love Thideaou Chicagos coach did he damage Derrick Rose ?

Slow down....u didnt have to take out your math book....I blame Dantoni when I got a ticket for speeding in my new car.

I turned into an open minded ole-man....when I went into Kids R Us to buy my grandsons some funny looking different color spinning tops with crazy names, I seen all kinds of "Lin-Sanity" products all over "Kids R Us" store, a month after Lin-Sanity hit the NBA seen....Lin-Sanity missing 6 weeks seems more to do with Knicks politic$$$ than the original injury....just being broad-minded of the Knicks Tyson/Stat/Melo situation.