2012-13 Raymond Felton Player News + Performance Thread

Rate your faith in Ray Felton to be the PG the NYK need.

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Felton down to 200. STAT down to 240. Melo & Tyson balling with the Olympics Dream Team. I am getting more & more excited about the upcoming season. Seems like everyone has really bought in to Mike Woodson's mandate for them to all get in shape this offseason & be ready to ball out in 2012!

It's great to see and hear. Go Knicks!

★ completely off topic, but is anyone else unable to add color to their text using the
color.gif
option? Not working for me.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
felton and amre both lost weight, amare looked fairly thin at summer league game and felton didnt look fat

New New York

Quiet Storm
I see alot if you guys have closed your mouths about felton. Thas right ray ray! Prove em wrong!!

Haha I love it!!!!

I loved in the interview when he talked about learning from Jason Kidd

He also talked about loving to play defense!

Felton
Shump
Chandler

1 pretty good defender and 2 great defenders in our starting 5, the culture or our team has changed fellas!

Say what you want....our PG situation is better this year than last year.

Felton/Kidd/Spanish Dude >Lin/Davis/Bibby/Douglas

Our PG position has improved in terms of Playmaking,Experience and most of all Defense

Paul1355

All Star
Haha I love it!!!!

I loved in the interview when he talked about learning from Jason Kidd

He also talked about loving to play defense!

Felton
Shump
Chandler

1 pretty good defender and 2 great defenders in our starting 5, the culture or our team has changed fellas!

Say what you want....our PG situation is better this year than last year.

Felton/Kidd/Spanish Dude >Lin/Davis/Bibby/Douglas

Our PG position has improved in terms of Playmaking,Experience and most of all Defense

as much as I loved Lin, this totally true and I am excited. Felton is a tough player, Lin is crafty. Felton fits in this team as well, he won't jack up shots and be rattled by a Miami heat team.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Knicks fans yesterday: omg **** felton im a nets fan **** the knicks

Knicks fans today: im so excited about felton being on our squad.

Did i miss anything?

STAT1

Starter
Knicks fans yesterday: omg **** felton im a nets fan **** the knicks

Knicks fans today: im so excited about felton being on our squad.

Did i miss anything?

Most of the same fans that wanted to jump ship yesterday because of Lin leaving are still not buying into Felton.

CoolClyde

watching the summer league game and hearing STAT and Felton talk to Breen and Clyde
was very refreshing. I'm the first to admit I was sorry to see Lin go and Felton come in,
but I think it's because I was in love with Lin (no homo) and what he brought to the Knicks...
a winning streak, high hopes, a hometown phenomenon... and when he left to the Rockets,
I felt like my girlfriend had dumped me, all because of some rich stupid bully who took her away...

but a couple days later, reality is sinking in, and I realize now that having Felton back can
only lead to great things. Felton talked with Clyde and Breen about playing with STATnMELO
in high school, he spoke of his confidence of being a great PG, and looking forward to
playing with Kidd, Chandler, JR and of course, STATnMELO. he's in shape, he talks a winning hand,
and he reminded me of what the Knicks had at their best when he ran the squad
(before he was run into the ground by our d'amn coach).

I may call him Felt-ton in jest, but i'm only f*cking around. I really like the guy and i'm glad
to have him back. feeling better now.
:beer::gony::smokin:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
watching the summer league game and hearing STAT and Felton talk to Breen and Clyde
was very refreshing. I'm the first to admit I was sorry to see Lin go and Felton come in,
but I think it's because I was in love with Lin (no homo) and what he brought to the Knicks...
a winning streak, high hopes, a hometown phenomenon... and when he left to the Rockets,
I felt like my girlfriend had dumped me, all because of some rich stupid bully who took her away...

but a couple days later, reality is sinking in, and I realize now that having Felton back can
only lead to great things. Felton talked with Clyde and Breen about playing with STATnMELO
in high school, he spoke of his confidence of being a great PG, and looking forward to
playing with Kidd, Chandler, JR and of course, STATnMELO. he's in shape, he talks a winning hand,
and he reminded me of what the Knicks had at their best when he ran the squad
(before he was run into the ground by our d'amn coach).

I may call him Felt-ton in jest, but i'm only f*cking around. I really like the guy and i'm glad
to have him back. feeling better now.
:beer::gony::smokin:
yay CC, its refreshing to hear optimism! :gony:

Paul1355

All Star
Most of the same fans that wanted to jump ship yesterday because of Lin leaving are still not buying into Felton.

I believe many of us, including myself had initial doubt with Felton because of his weight issue and season in Portland. However, seeing him today at the summer league game completely changed my view of him and the expectations.

Felton is down to almost 200 pounds which is where he was at when he played with us. This is fantastic news and shows that Felton is dedicated like any player in the league.

If he can have a bounce back year and a solid play maker that runs the floor just like he always does, then losing Lin will be a soft blow. We lose the bandwagon fans and still have some great winning basketbal......win/win...not lin/lin :)

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I believe many of us, including myself had initial doubt with Felton because of his weight issue and season in Portland. However, seeing him today at the summer league game completely changed my view of him and the expectations.

Felton is down to almost 200 pounds which is where he was at when he played with us. This is fantastic news and shows that Felton is dedicated like any player in the league.

If he can have a bounce back year and a solid play maker that runs the floor just like he always does, then losing Lin will be a soft blow. We lose the bandwagon fans and still have some great winning basketbal......win/win...not lin/lin :)
Great post +1
Good to see the optimism with the "The man on a mission" Ray Felton.

Paul1355

All Star
Great post +1
Good to see the optimism with the "The man on a mission" Ray Felton.

good looks and the optimism is back because Felton strolled in the gym at UNLV looking in shape and smiling.

You could see how BOSS he felt walking in there proving the haters wrong.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Jeremy Lin was my favorite player and I'll forever claim that losing him was one of the biggest mistakes made by Grunwald in what was looking like a pretty good off-season.

Raymond Felton is a league-average PG when he's in shape. Hopefully, that's all we need out of him, because the rest is on Carmelo and Amar'e to get it done. I'm glad he's getting in shape now, because there's no way Woodson is the type of guy to let his players get away with showing up to training camp with excess fat.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jeremy Lin was my favorite player and I'll forever claim that losing him was one of the biggest mistakes made by Grunwald in what was looking like a pretty good off-season.

Raymond Felton is a league-average PG when he's in shape. Hopefully, that's all we need out of him, because the rest is on Carmelo and Amar'e to get it done. I'm glad he's getting in shape now, because there's no way Woodson is the type of guy to let his players get away with showing up to training camp with excess fat.
Everytime I see your name I think

SSJ4_Kakarot.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Everytime I see your name I think

SSJ4_Kakarot.jpg

LMFAO

I really should change it. I first used this handle as an internet username about twelve years ago when I was ten (I'm 22 now, lol), and I could never really think of anything cool enough to replace it with. Admittedly, despite being a graduate student in applied mathematics who solves complex statistical problems every day, I still love my Dragon Ball.