Randy Foye interested in Knicks

CA7

Scoring Champ
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221742/Randy_Foye_Interested_In_Signing_With_Knicks

Randy Foye is interested in signing with the Knicks, according to a source.

New York will have more flexibility in free agency following an arbitration ruling involving early Bird Rights.

"He will have multiple offers at that amount and more annually," the source told ESPN New York. "New York would be a great fit for both [playing and financial reasons]."

Foye could start at shooting guard until Iman Shumpert is recovered.

Foye grew up in New Jersey and has a strong history of play at Madison Square Garden.

Reminds me of Chauncey Billups from a skill set stand point, less of a floor general but still solid, more athletic

Foye- 6'4 215

Lin/Foye/Shumpert/Smith would be great in our back court

FoyeKnicks.jpg

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
cool fact about Randy Foye: he has situs inversus meaning his organs are reversed.

Also, he's a good 3 point shooter, mario chalmers type so i think he'd def be a great addition.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, we're all witnessing Carmelo changing his work ethic, so maybe JR is going to change his as well? :shrug:
But, if I had to choose between Earl and Foye I'd take the current Clipper in a heartbeat.

jzero29

Rotation player
Well, we're all witnessing Carmelo changing his work ethic, so maybe JR is going to change his as well? :shrug:
But, if I had to choose between Earl and Foye I'd take the current Clipper in a heartbeat.
true, he can be great, but his best games were when we had the lead, no pressure and most of his points were after the lead.
I'd like to see him perform better(consistant) when we are down.

Kiyaman

Legend

When Melo & JR.Smith start working-out with their TEAMMATES in the offseason to add chemistry instead of ISO....then their work-ethic change is for the sake of a better team....untill then they are individual-players that does not better their teammates performance....they do the oposite.

Randy Foye and Nate Robinson would be the perfect cheap pickups for the Knicks this offseason....these two guards would bring a transition energy off the bench to control the temple of the game, plus become the perfect backups for Lin & Fields.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
SWEET!!! Foye would be perfect as our complimentary 2 to start then eventually 6th/7th man off the bench( assuming we re-up JR as expected ).

looks like players are willing to take a little less to play in NY great to hear this happenin. better players and more complete lineup; all important to building a championship squad.

skisloper

Starter

Does anyone ever question why other teams are not banging at the door of JR SMITH ?????? People on this board are so blinded by this guy........He is not a team player and will not add chemistry to a winning organization......COME ON ALREADY....Melo to Smith ...Smith to Melo.....23 seconds off the shot clock....you could pull your hair out watching

STAT1

Starter
When Melo & JR.Smith start working-out with their TEAMMATES in the offseason to add chemistry instead of ISO....then their work-ethic change is for the sake of a better team....untill then they are individual-players that does not better their teammates performance....they do the oposite.

Randy Foye and Nate Robinson would be the perfect cheap pickups for the Knicks this offseason....these two guards would bring a transition energy off the bench to control the temple of the game, plus become the perfect backups for Lin & Fields.

Not for nothing, but I'm curious why you are critical of Melo & JR for not working out with their teammates this offseason, but yet not being critical of other guys on this team like Lin or STAT. Are those guys working out with their teammates this offseason? If so I can understand your frustration. But if not I don't see the reason for the double standard.

Rob Low

Rotation player

Melo is in LA working out with Chandler and Lin right now and will be playing with Chandler on the US team

Kiyaman

Legend
Not for nothing, but I'm curious why you are critical of Melo & JR for not working out with their teammates this offseason, but yet not being critical of other guys on this team like Lin or STAT. Are those guys working out with their teammates this offseason? If so I can understand your frustration. But if not I don't see the reason for the double standard.

The week after we sign Stat he was at the Knicks gym working out with his new Knicks teammates. Stat took a trip to Isreal that same offseason, when he returned from Isreal, a week later Stat was at the gym working out with his new Knicks teammates who also returned from their summer vacation (Gallo & W.Chandler).
We started the 2010-11 season off slow b/c our starting PG-Felton did not show up at the Knicks gym to workout with any of his new Knicks teammates during the offseason. The Knicks started winning consecutively when they put a familiar lineup on the court that worked-out in the summer .... Stat, W.Chandler, Gallo, Fields, TD, and a Felton practicing the pick n roll with Stat during games.

Melo and JR.Smith been teammates the past 6 to 7 seasons.... it was hard to tell when both were in Knicks uniforms this season.... it was Shump performance that had JR.Smith bring energy to the court not Melo.

STAT1

Starter
The week after we sign Stat he was at the Knicks gym working out with his new Knicks teammates. Stat took a trip to Isreal that same offseason, when he returned from Isreal, a week later Stat was at the gym working out with his new Knicks teammates who also returned from their summer vacation (Gallo & W.Chandler).
We started the 2010-11 season off slow b/c our starting PG-Felton did not show up at the Knicks gym to workout with any of his new Knicks teammates during the offseason. The Knicks started winning consecutively when they put a familiar lineup on the court that worked-out in the summer .... Stat, W.Chandler, Gallo, Fields, TD, and a Felton practicing the pick n roll with Stat during games.

Melo and JR.Smith been teammates the past 6 to 7 seasons.... it was hard to tell when both were in Knicks uniforms this season.... it was Shump performance that had JR.Smith bring energy to the court not Melo.

The Knicks finished the season with a league 2nd best 18-6 record. Don't you think Melo's play had just a little bit to do with that success? At no time did this team ever have a stretch of success like that before with that lineup of players you listed above. I am of the belief that with a full training camp together playing under the same coach who led them to that great finish to the regular season last year, that this team is going to have their best season win-tally wise in over a decade in 2013. & I believe Melo is going to be a key component of that.

mafra

Legend
I think Knicks should target OJ Mayo or Randy Foye to start at SG while Shump is out; I also would target Jonny Flynn or Kirk Hinrich to play PG.

I think if we get Foye we should still have some MLE cash for Hinrich. However, if we get Mayo we probably would have to settle for Flynn.

Mayo + Flynn

or

Foye + Hinrich

Go with the youth... the kids with enormous potential/upside... players about to enter their prime; or go with the vets, players in their prime who will give you production, but serve as role players?

Our back court situation (unknown asset in LIN & an injured SHUMP) seriously needs an overhaul. I don't care if Smith & Douglas walk. We have to snag 2 of these 4 aforementioned players.

If we end up with LIN & MAYO, we could just get lucky where both players bloom & become legit stars. Not NBA all-stars, but just solid #3 options... And with our star-studded front court, this is exactly how you beat MIA.