Carmelo Anthony, the new Glenn Robinson.

metrocard

Legend
The fact that you have Marc Gasol and Deng in your top 15 list totally disregards anything you have to say. SMH

Gasol and Deng top 15 in the ENTIRE LEAGUE????? LOLOLOLOLOL!!! Gasol isn't even better than KG or Duncan!

Deng over Ginobli! LOLOL c'mon man you need to do this crap over. lol

Dude if you knew anything about the NBA you would know that Deng is probably the most important player in the entire Chicago rotation, he's played the most minutes in the past 4 seasons, and an elite defender and has an all around game that keeps Chicago an elite team. Deng's defense and versatility is really second to none.

CA7, you're tripping...Blake Griffin has a post game. Your problem is you're thinking like an average NBA fan, you get a small look at some clips and highlights and assess the player from there. Blake has an a back to the basket game and uses it often.

Kobe
Lebron
Durant
Wade
CP3
Rose
Love
Melo
Bynum
Westbrook
Howard
Pierce
Ginobli
Pau Gasol
Nash

My top 15 is interchangeable from 7 down based on peoples perspectives. Still, these are 15 players out of hundreds in the league, so IMO they are all elite.

Bynum, Gasol, Howard are all more valuable than Melo based on the fact they're dynamic big men who can changed the game on both sides of the floor. All these guys put their teams on their back to the Finals and are probably the most elite big men you can find along with Dirk and Love and Aldridge.

Big Men > Wing players that isn't LeBron.

metrocard

Legend
I agree Melo isn't elite, but he is clutch offensively.

The troubling thing to me is that I'm pretty sure Melo has been picking up his game around the same time he started playing PF not a SF. I hope that doesn't hint he is declining in athleticism similar to Amare. Really i hope his bad production this year was due to nagging injuries and the lockout, because otherwise, i don't see us being better than a 6th seed each year.

Melo is really the most efficient player in the NBA during clutch time, props for him on that.

Right now, Melo is playing like a top 5 player.

But throughout the season assessment, he's been top 15-20. If he play like how he's playing now all season, he's easily top 10 and the #2 SF behind LeBron.

KingCharles34

All Star
Melo is really the most efficient player in the NBA during clutch time, props for him on that.

But throughout the season assessment, he's been top 15-20. If he play like how he's playing now all season, he's easily top 10 and the #2 SF behind LeBron.

Thats what i kept trying to tell Team Melo, to look at the whole season instead of this recent stretch. I dont wanna see nobody from Team Melo complain about Team Starbury :lol:

Rob Low

Rotation player

You need to stop judging Melo off of the 3 worst months of his career and look at his career as a whole. With your logic we should judge Jordan's entire career of his last season in Washington.

metrocard

Legend
Well Rob Big difference wasthat. Jordan was way past his prime in Washington, everyone knew that.

Melo is in his prime, 3 months outweights 1 month, its fair to judge Melo based on the whole season (the coaching change is understandable but yet not too excusable).

We know what Melo did in his career, but we're looking at the Melo of 2011-12.

To even bring Michael Jordan in this conversation...you're reaching and disrespecting the GOAT. Im sure you can come up with better logic than that.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Only like 20% of those thing are accurate.

Do you guys think BG is a better player than Amare when their both at there best because I had this argument with a friend.

Okay..... but that report is generated from the numbers he put up in 2011. Sleep if you want to.

That scouting report is accurate.

Blake has some areas to improve in but overall hes a beast.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
can get his shot off easily-not a good jump shooter

gets to the line at will-terrible free throw shooter

not a player who will get blocks or steals, poor perimeter defender, weak guarding in transition-with his athleticism that is pathetic in every way

Blake Griffin is nothing but a sportscenter monkey and ticket seller, he's a side show, put Kevin Love on the Clippers and they are the #1 team in the West I guarantee it

Seriously dude??

He's on sportcenter all the time because he makes spectacular plays. Okay.

There are alot of little things he does very well which make those plays possible. You need more than athletic ability to put up numbers the way blake has in the nba.

What youre claiming isnt even possible.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Dude if you knew anything about the NBA you would know that Deng is probably the most important player in the entire Chicago rotation, he's played the most minutes in the past 4 seasons, and an elite defender and has an all around game that keeps Chicago an elite team. Deng's defense and versatility is really second to none.

CA7, you're tripping...Blake Griffin has a post game. Your problem is you're thinking like an average NBA fan, you get a small look at some clips and highlights and assess the player from there. Blake has an a back to the basket game and uses it often.

Bynum, Gasol, Howard are all more valuable than Melo based on the fact they're dynamic big men who can changed the game on both sides of the floor. All these guys put their teams on their back to the Finals and are probably the most elite big men you can find along with Dirk and Love and Aldridge.

Big Men > Wing players that isn't LeBron.

You started the list based on production and consistency, so not even including Melo was dumb from the start. Over the course of many pages you have slowly changed your definition of what your list really means. Bottom line is that Melo is a top 10 player in the league, even with average defense.

Melo, James and Durant are "probably the most elite SFs you can find". Now what?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Seriously dude??

He's on sportcenter all the time because he makes spectacular plays. Okay.

There are alot of little things he does very well which make those plays possible. You need more than athletic ability to put up numbers the way blake has in the nba.

What youre claiming isnt even possible.

You're in denial man. C'mon let's be serious, BG is an athletic freak but he is far from a polished PF. And yes he's always on SC because of his highlight dunks. What are you watching?

Blake rebounds good because he jumps high and quick plus he's fast on the break. That alone can get you double doubles playing starter minutes.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Well Rob Big difference wasthat. Jordan was way past his prime in Washington, everyone knew that.

Melo is in his prime, 3 months outweights 1 month, its fair to judge Melo based on the whole season (the coaching change is understandable but yet not too excusable).

We know what Melo did in his career, but we're looking at the Melo of 2011-12.

To even bring Michael Jordan in this conversation...you're reaching and disrespecting the GOAT. Im sure you can come up with better logic than that.

The Melo of 2011-2012 even with his shooting slump was never questioned as one of the elite scorers/game changers in the league, period. Everyone was just waiting for him to get his A game back, which he did.

CA7

Scoring Champ
You're in denial man. C'mon let's be serious, BG is an athletic freak but he is far from a polished PF. And yes he's always on SC because of his highlight dunks. What are you watching?

Blake rebounds good because he jumps high and quick plus he's fast on the break. That alone can get you double doubles playing starter minutes.

thank you that is all

jimkcchief88

All Star
Thats what i kept trying to tell Team Melo, to look at the whole season instead of this recent stretch. I dont wanna see nobody from Team Melo complain about Team Starbury :lol:

The fact a TEAM STARBURY still exists is fact enough complain about. STEPH is in CHINA where his waterhead belongs. Just like I told TEAM STARBURY would happen after his bogus Knicks contract was up. Please let's leave the dark ages in the past.....

KingCharles34

All Star
The fact a TEAM STARBURY still exists is fact enough complain about. STEPH is in CHINA where his waterhead belongs. Just like I told TEAM STARBURY would happen after his bogus Knicks contract was up. Please let's leave the dark ages in the past.....

Jimmy boy, why dont u blow away with the winds of Chicago? We dont need any Bulls fans here, the only non Knicks fan that gets a pass is NYCLakers. If you want me to respond to your post, you should message him and have him ask me any questions you may have. Thanks for your time and enjoy the Bulls game tonight

jimkcchief88

All Star

Exactly Metro but here is the thing about statistics: you have to a have a large enough sample size which equals an entire season. MELO isn't the only star to get off to a bit of a shaky start with the short season, no camp, and new team to boot really....Not to mention Damnphony not knowing what to do with him...Bottomline is he is now dropping the numbers he has done his ENTIRE CAREER....C'mon man....Just picked up my MELO swingman jersey and matching hat....it looks great and just in time for the PLAYOFFS( You wanna talk about playoffs)...First KNICKS jersey I've purchase since my Spreewell jersey and its has seen better days....Don't divide the lockeroom before the playoffs....

Red

TYPE-A
This n!gga messed around and got a triple-double...

And I was there to witness it.

Close thread.

Semi-Negative rep for:

1. Reaching
2. Vailed hate

P.S. The garden loves the Novakaine

One.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jimmy boy, why dont u blow away with the winds of Chicago? We dont need any Bulls fans here, the only non Knicks fan that gets a pass is NYCLakers. If you want me to respond to your post, you should message him and have him ask me any questions you may have. Thanks for your time and enjoy the Bulls game tonight

Perfect...I took off my ignore list just to see what kinda stupid s**t you had to say and you never disapoint....Been a Knicks fan longer than you reppin' that in the CHI and been on this board longer than you...back to my ignore list you go...

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont believe you Jim but it doesnt matter either way. I learned a long time ago to never debate with you. When someone twists what you say and puts their own spins on other peoples arguments, theres no way anyone can win in your mind. Its almost like when your in a debate, you revise your opponents post to make the debate easier for you. Same thing some of these posters were doing in here. I (metrocard too) was arguing that Carmelo is not a top 15 player this year which includes 4 months of the season, not one month. And we were both factoring in defense too, many posters on here would ignore what we wrote and reply to us talking about offense only and the past month. Thats a prime example of what you always used to do, I just feel theres other posters more worthy of my time.

But if i see you post in a game thread something like "Nice play by Shump", i might reply and say I agree. Other then that, its nothing personal. Just business as always