Woodson is...

CA7

Scoring Champ
CA7, i like melo just as much as the next guy, but where never making the final, let alone win it all with him as the leader of this team.Sorry man, the dude doesn't get it.When the dude is off, he just keeps shooting contested jumpers, when is going to realize he can't post up Paul george, that's what indy wants.I'm getting tired of him being so stubborn, you can go crazy and curse all you want, but we'll never win anything with this guy leading this team, i hope i'm wrong.If i'm wrong i'll eat my words.

we're never making it- smfh well hey thats your opinion
he doesn't get it- what is there to get
contested jumpers- tell me what else he suppose to shoot when his guys cant hit **** and the Pacers on in his shorts
how is he stubborn as he passed the fkking ball all game and every other player shot bricks at the damn rim, he threw Tyson a perfect lob and he botched the ****ing pass but all this is Melo's fault, GTFO with your assessment, you wont ****ing eat your words because everything you say holds no ****ing weight so its all **** to me

you ****ers ask the man to play team ****ing ball, move the ****ing ball and he did that **** the past ****ing 3 games, we won the 1st one and then everyone wanted to go ****ing missing in ****ing action and we wont win because of Melo, GTFO I'm not tryna hear that ****

now maybe Melo can play better but he was 9/18 and missed his last 5 shots which were all desperation shots he had to take and he made the correct pass 90% of the time or do you ****ing watch the game and see what the hell is going on. Felton- brick, JR- brick, Shump- brick, K-Mart- brick, Tyson- cant even catch, STAT- didn't really play nor did Pablo, Copeland-hit a 3 and got benched, where the **** is Kidd or Novak yet after all this the only thing you ****ers can come up with is "but where never making the final, let alone win it all with him as the leader of this team.Sorry man, the dude doesn't get it"

and you ****ing spelled we're wrong, so GTFO and understand that he did what y'all asked and yet still its all his fault FOH, Melo could have played better but he was far far far from the reason this series is 3-1

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I think there's two issues here. Woody's stubbornness with his rotations, keeping our most influential PG in this series on the bench (da ****, man???); amnestying Billups to make room for Tyson (invaluable piece, but I'm talking about making tough financial decisions) and leaving us stuck with $20M worth of cap that needs all sorts of knee surgeries and is limited to 10-15 mins in the second round of the playoffs (I don't dislike Amar'e...but this is re-****ing-diculous); and...ok...3 things, I can't take watching Felton complain about...EVERYTHING anymore. He's our point-man. Not unlike a point-man anywhere else, where you're the steward of operations. How the hell do you rely on a guy to orchestrate and make sound decisions for the team when he's always running around helter-skelter like "I can't....oh my gahh-...who?? me???!?!? I don't even....wha-??? Cmon man...." and the foul was called on Kenyon. It's like....what the **** is wrong with you?

The Pacers are absolutely NOT the more talented team. But this is a lot to overcome (not necessarily the STAT part...but damn would it be nice to have $20M that can give us more than 15 mins without risking more setbacks.)

Red

TYPE-A
Success in sports begins with confidence and belief.

Recall, Woodson wouldn't have played Wallace if it wasn't for the fans chanting during garbage time. He didn't even know he existed.
Like MDA coach chose to stubbornly play Melo @ 4. Then he got rid of Brewer in favor of offense.

These thigs say coach had an ill-conceived plan and it didn't incorporate the bigs.

What should be disturbing is that we had momentum that coach did not seize after throttling them in game 2. A perfect blueprint was set and coach couldn't grasp it.

Just look at the rebound numbers! Then think about what we all were saying for 6 months: we can't win like this in the playoffs. We can't win without rebounding when the shots don't drop. This is basketball not volleyball- but the offense is designed to neglect this fact hence no one except TC is under the rim when the shot goes up.

And for those who think that's a solid strategy... smh. Go watch the Lakers.

Last edited:

fender0577

Rotation player
I think your getting kind of crazy here bro, i'm just as much a knicks fan as you, and i didn't insult you, i just gave my OP.If your not up for a little friendly debate it's all good, but you need to calm down, it's not that serious.Sorry i replied so late, i just put in a 10 hour day, i came home a saw you killed me, LOL.Just my OP bro.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think your getting kind of crazy here bro, i'm just as much a knicks fan as you, and i didn't insult you, i just gave my OP.If your not up for a little friendly debate it's all good, but you need to calm down, it's not that serious.Sorry i replied so late, i just put in a 10 hour day, i came home a saw you killed me, LOL.Just my OP bro.

my bad fender LMAO, I was fuming earlier

we all good though, sorry if I disrespected your fanhood

Red

TYPE-A
NEW YORK -- Mike Woodson might have been a game or three too late to show this side of his character, the cold, unforgiving side that left Jason Kidd and Amar'e Stoudemire on the bench for the entire second half of a playoff game the New York Knicks had no choice but to win.But show it Woodson most certainly did Thursday night, when he effectively told two prominent stars -- including one of the greatest point guards of all time -- that they might as well get comfortable in their chairs, butter up their popcorn and watch an ex-D-Leaguer who had chased his hoop dreams all over Europe play for their season.
Chris Copeland, 29-year-old rookie, is a zillion-to-one character borrowed from a Hollywood script, his long braids flying along with his longer jumpers. It's hard to believe in a Chris Copeland, cut twice from second-division teams in Spain, a guy not even pulling in half a mil, and so Woodson didn't believe in him in Game 4. The coach removed Copeland 29 seconds after he made a 3 early in the fourth quarter, and he was rightfully ripped for it.
[+] Enlarge Elsa/Getty ImagesChris Copeland, who hasn't played much these playoffs, scored 13 points off the Knicks' bench in Game 5.

Woodson wouldn't make that same mistake again in Game 5, not with the Indiana Pacers holding a 3-1 series lead and not with all of New York prepared to pounce on the man who had done so much good work after replacing his overmatched boss, Mike D'Antoni. In fact, the Knicks' coach wouldn't repeat any of his unforced errors from earlier in the series, when it felt like Frank Vogel-Mike Woodson was as big a mismatch as Roy Hibbert-Tyson Chandler.
The Knicks gave away the second-round opener at home, didn't come to play after surviving their emotionally draining series with Boston, and that was an indictment of Woodson. So were the nonadjustments to Indiana's size, the premature burial of Pablo Prigioni on Tuesday night, the inability to inspire J.R. Smith, the lineup change that didn't change anything, and the failure to match Indiana's desperation and intensity.
Oh, and the insistence on playing Stoudemire and Kidd, too. Jason Kidd was sort of understandable because he's Jason Kidd, the NBA's resident Yoda. But Stoudemire, back from a second knee surgery and promising to be as rusty as he appeared upon his first return in January? Source: www.espn.com

I disagree with the idea against using STAT. He at the least draws fouls.
And obviously Cope's contribution was both needed and warranted. SMH.

Woodsoon has a long hill to climb. The intangibles need improvement. Helping a team regain confidence is one thing, then there's the X's and O's that leave something to be desired.

Game Plan should = Take the ball inside and draw the foul; kick out if necessary.

Kiyaman

Legend
I disagree with the idea against using STAT. He at the least draws fouls.
And obviously Cope's contribution was both needed and warranted. SMH.

Woodsoon has a long hill to climb. The intangibles need improvement. Helping a team regain confidence is one thing, then there's the X's and O's that leave something to be desired.

Game Plan should = Take the ball inside and draw the foul; kick out if necessary.

:agreed:
Stat & Copeland should get long minutes in the first half of the game for inside scoring to force the Pacers to foul them. If Woodson had a clue on how to speed up the tempo to run in transition we wouldve been up 3-1.
I hate to see Felton, Prig, Shump, and Kidd run the ball up court in a uptempo transition and none of their teammates running beside them or in front of them for a 2 on 1 fastbreak. This is why I dont want to resign JR.Smith next season, it reminds me to much of Allen Iverson being the only player running the ball on a fastbreak on the 2006-8 Denver Nuggets.

skisloper

Starter
:agreed:
Stat & Copeland should get long minutes in the first half of the game for inside scoring to force the Pacers to foul them. If Woodson had a clue on how to speed up the tempo to run in transition we wouldve been up 3-1.
I hate to see Felton, Prig, Shump, and Kidd run the ball up court in a uptempo transition and none of their teammates running beside them or in front of them for a 2 on 1 fastbreak. This is why I dont want to resign JR.Smith next season, it reminds me to much of Allen Iverson being the only player running the ball on a fastbreak on the 2006-8 Denver Nuggets.

Not too sure I agree about Stat......If he gets the ball and does a quick move to the hoop then yes.....But if Stat goes into his dribbling in the paint to get a basket then I expect a few Turnovers....

Kidd should get 5 minutes and if he looks good leave him in if he looks like he has the past few games then give prigioni 22 minutes instead of 19.