OFFICIAL: ANTI-D'Antoni Thread

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Red,

A) You are not nearly important enough to EVER be in the same room as Mike D. If you ever were in the same room as Mike D you would be arrested as a stalker.

B) No, "that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together" is not poor grammar. You just don't understand grammar, apparently. Or voice. Or any writing traits. Or the even the word trait. Because you are an illiterate moron.

C) You are not millionaire because it is virtually impossible, other than winning the lottery, to strike it rich in a capitalist society, if you are a moron.

So you are NOT a millionaire, because you are obviously a moron.

Do you get it or not?

And you are a moron. There is absolutely no way you earn more than $10 an hour. No way.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Some people are thought to be dumb, others open their mouths (or post in your case) and remove all doubt.

Thanks Uggg..!

Let's just add "tries too hard", and "d*ck rides" to your list of traits.

Id like to also point out how insignificant your opinions are... I posted some fine articles for our pleasure echoing some sentiments

And you took this opportunity to suck Trills d*ck....huh?
Pathetic.

Keep it moving, and take your corny anologies with you, we all know you have nothing constructive to add.

How's trills a$$ taste?

Just because this weaksauce -- little sizzle, zero steak -- thread of yours is getting the equivalent of a gangbang from multiple posters and multiple angles....doesn't mean anyones getting sucked off. More like the equivalent of guys giving high fives while they tag team a ho. Don't be the ho Red, you much better than that.

And per usual, you avoid the fact and logic-based opinion I roast you with. To instead try to harp on (gay) figments of your imagination.

And I agree -- the analogy was corny. Then again, it was to mirror you?

Even your minion Clyde&ThePearlNecklace can't grace this weak thing with a boilerplate appearance. :)

Again for the pringle gallery:

6th seed, playoffs, bright future, optimistic team, young team, surprise contributions and player development, incomplete team on the rise.

And our defense is "worse" because we are running more possessions, but mainly because we have worse defensive players? Simple truths shouldn't elude someone who is clearly able to grasp them. Or scoring in the league is higher across the board?

Just stop self-owning yourself from the start with these gimp threads. Coincidence it's a pr spin campaign move after we hit the break in high notes, and with a huge (defensive) win? Hahah...cmon broheem. You're becoming a caricature of yourself.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Nice sig!

Remember, as you would say...
Stay on topic, read and DEBATE the points.

Or do you have nothing new to say (which I'm not complaining about)?

Btw, when you're done, please explain how our defense (opg) is worse this year as compared to last. We did get better players right? Let me know.

What no thesis from the baball genius that is Charles Barkley? I'm surprised!

On topic? If I wanted to debate a bunch of year old blogs by blow hards blaming D'ant and not our utter lack of stars, complimentary players or multiple trades that brought in expiring yet weaker talent during our final phase of cap shedding I would have gone to their sites and done so at the time...

Dude do you not see how lame you look as to search out and post negative blogs about our team last year when we are the 6th seed this year and overachieving beyond what any of these so called experts would have predicted? You even said the "verdict was in" when we were 3-5 and now we have a winning record and are firmly entrenched in the playoff race going into the all-star break on a high note. This has all been done with two non-lottery rookies getting major minutes and max money yet to be spent. I told you at the time of your now defunct "Verdict" thread that I would call for D'ant to be fired if we were struggling bad and you agreed my stance was fair. Well, we are now at that part of the year and we are the 6th seed, on roll after some injuries and poor play and have a winning record so I will not call for D'ant to be fired.

You further look lame because it's clear this topic has been debated to death in many other threads...threads in which you have participated in the debate only to throw your hands up in frustration and retreat from. Once again, you leave a debate unfinished and run to another thread resetting the debate while ignoring all the points made in your direction, daring us to repeat our points for the 100000000000000000000000000000 time. Sorry, but I won't bite since you have yet to actually counter any of my various points. I don't mind debating, I'm here for that but having you ignore my points is just not worth my time. I'll go now and respond to Crazy8's about this very subject since he can actually have an honest debate and since this very topic is still going strong in other threads. Enjoy your troll thread and the solice you get from negative bloggers! :barf:

Red

TYPE-A
What no thesis from the baball genius that is Charles Barkley? I'm surprised!

On topic? If I wanted to debate a bunch of year old blogs by blow hards blaming D'ant and not our utter lack of stars, complimentary players or multiple trades that brought in expiring yet weaker talent during our final phase of cap shedding I would have gone to their sites and done so at the time...

Dude do you not see how lame you look as to search out and post negative blogs about our team last year when we are the 6th seed this year and overachieving beyond what any of these so called experts would have predicted? You even said the "verdict was in" when we were 3-5 and now we have a winning record and are firmly entrenched in the playoff race going into the all-star break on a high note. This has all been done with two non-lottery rookies getting major minutes and max money yet to be spent. I told you at the time of your now defunct "Verdict" thread that I would call for D'ant to be fired if we were struggling bad and you agreed my stance was fair. Well, we are now at that part of the year and we are the 6th seed, on roll after some injuries and poor play and have a winning record so I will not call for D'ant to be fired.

You further look lame because it's clear this topic has been debated to death in many other threads...threads in which you have participated in the debate only to throw your hands up in frustration and retreat from. Once again, you leave a debate unfinished and run to another thread resetting the debate while ignoring all the points made in your direction, daring us to repeat our points for the 100000000000000000000000000000 time. Sorry, but I won't bite since you have yet to actually counter any of my various points. I don't mind debating, I'm here for that but having you ignore my points is just not worth my time. I'll go now and respond to Crazy8's about this very subject since he can actually have an honest debate and since this very topic is still going strong in other threads. Enjoy your troll thread and the solice you get from negative bloggers! :barf:

Very good!

Although I didn't read ur post (a bit busy right now), at least you made it in the proper thread.

Organize young fella, organize.

Funny how you screamed to debate the facts, and posted links like crazy, but here's one you just don't agree with. Owell.

Red

TYPE-A
Just because this weaksauce -- little sizzle, zero steak -- thread of yours is getting the equivalent of a gangbang from multiple posters and multiple angles....doesn't mean anyones getting sucked off. More like the equivalent of guys giving high fives while they tag team a ho. Don't be the ho Red, you much better than that.

And per usual, you avoid the fact and logic-based opinion I roast you with. To instead try to harp on (gay) figments of your imagination.

And I agree -- the analogy was corny. Then again, it was to mirror you?

Even your minion Clyde&ThePearlNecklace can't grace this weak thing with a boilerplate appearance. :)

Again for the pringle gallery:

6th seed, playoffs, bright future, optimistic team, young team, surprise contributions and player development, incomplete team on the rise.

And our defense is "worse" because we are running more possessions, but mainly because we have worse defensive players? Simple truths shouldn't elude someone who is clearly able to grasp them. Or scoring in the league is higher across the board?

Just stop self-owning yourself from the start with these gimp threads. Coincidence it's a pr spin campaign move after we hit the break in high notes, and with a huge (defensive) win? Hahah...cmon broheem. You're becoming a caricature of yourself.

Thanks for gracing us with your valuable insight. Its really no surprise you have nothing constructive to add or a valid reply to the links. We all expected your ammo was used up

After all you did was d*ck ride. We are worse defensively because we have worse defensive players...huh?

You have no control over that little spin doctor within. Its cool and yet utterly exposing. Again thanks for your contribution.

Those flapping their jibs never really want it, now do they...

At least not where I'm from.

Red

TYPE-A
Red,

A) You are not nearly important enough to EVER be in the same room as Mike D. If you ever were in the same room as Mike D you would be arrested as a stalker.

B) No, "that if you and Mike D'Antoni were in a room together" is not poor grammar. You just don't understand grammar, apparently. Or voice. Or any writing traits. Or the even the word trait. Because you are an illiterate moron.

C) You are not millionaire because it is virtually impossible, other than winning the lottery, to strike it rich in a capitalist society, if you are a moron.

So you are NOT a millionaire, because you are obviously a moron.

Do you get it or not?

And you are a moron. There is absolutely no way you earn more than $10 an hour. No way.

Reminder: this thread was created to facilitate your opinions regarding MDA, so we can debate other thread topics.

Too hard to swallow?

Well, take D'Antoni's nuts out your mouth and maybe you would have a chance.

Don't bite off more than you can chew my emotional follower.

I won't do it b/c I am not blindly pro-MDA (as I feel many are blindly anti-MDA - see: Clyde & The Pearl).

Blind? I see very well. Heck I'm 20/20 with glasses. Let me tell you EXACTLY what I see.

1) Teams getting to the rim repeatedly with no defensive resistance
2) I've seen us take 5 charges all year (MAYBE) Not man on man charges but charges where someone steps in front of someone heading to the basket and takes one for the team.
3) A lack of defensive philosophy
4) A total lack of effort on defense most games
5) Absolutely no defensive adjustments in game (zones, half court traps) unless we're down a bunch at which point we'll press full court
6) A blatant disregard for utilizing our bigs, because of this we get HAMMERED in the paint
7) A coach that doesn't utilize some of his reserve players strengths
8) A coach that will bench you if you're offensively challenged and cant play his system
9) Because of his system he has to over use certain players in order for it to run at an optimum level.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. I'll add to them if necessary. Would you like to dispute anything that I'm seeing?

I dont hate MDA. I'd love to hire another head coach and have him as an offensive consultant if that means anything...

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Blind? I see very well. Heck I'm 20/20 with glasses. Let me tell you EXACTLY what I see.

2) I've seen us take 5 charges all year (MAYBE) Not man on man charges but charges where someone steps in front of someone heading to the basket and takes one for the team.
5) Absolutely no defensive adjustments in game (zones, half court traps) unless we're down a bunch at which point we'll press full court
6) A blatant disregard for utilizing our bigs, because of this we get HAMMERED in the paint
8) A coach that will bench you if you're offensively challenged and cant play his system
9) Because of his system he has to over use certain players in order for it to run at an optimum level.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. I'll add to them if necessary. Would you like to dispute anything that I'm seeing?

I dont hate MDA. I'd love to hire another head coach and have him as an offensive consultant if that means anything...

Good post. Very succinct.

I see...
An improved roster
An improved record
And stats that show no improvement (except blocks) defensively
With the same limitations. And here we thought it was the players.

I want Jeff VanGundy, Stan VanGundy, and Ewing or Jackson as our staff. We get offense, defense, big coaching and to groom two homers, while completing the cycle. But I know this won't happen.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The JV coach strikes again..

Shouldn't we let the season play out a bit more and then judge. I think it would give us all more of a basis to draw conclusions. It's still too early to make threads like this.

Based on what I've seen so far, I think its safe to say the season has been pretty successful. We're currently a sixth seed and we've developed our young talent to various degrees, which has shown on court. Fields, Mozgov, Williams, TD, Gallo, Chandler have all grown under Coach D and made valuable contributions.

I also think we're getting better defensively. It showed in the game against Atlanta. There was definitely a viable scheme. The players just have to commit consistently to executing it. It can take time for them to understand (especially young players) how much effort they need to give to win, while still remaining effective on offense, especially our type of O. I think its safe to say the short rotation definitely works against our players being able to give more effort on the defensive end. IMO this highlights the need for more solid acquisitions, as opposed to a coaching preference on the part of Mike D. Right now we simply don't have enough talent to lengthen the rotation w great effect. It will take time to put together a solid veteran team. We're obviously in a nascent stage of development team wise. Why hate so much on our coach when he doesn't have everything he will have, and needs, especially when he's shown he can develop and coach a young up and coming squad w all of the implicit ups and downs that will inevitably come? I think Mike D has earned our continued patience.

With a few smart acquisitions we can be a 50- 55 win team, even if we don't get Melo. Infact one can see quite easily why giving up too much to get Melo would work against being able to play D consistently; because we'd never be able to get enough good players to have the ideal 10 man rotation... A couple of solid pieces like a Granger maybe, or a D. Jordan, a Ridnour and we could do some thangs. This team is headed in the right direction. W enough talent, like any team, we can be elite. I also still believe our coach can win a championship playing this style. Again he just needs enough solid rotation playerz to sustain effort on the defensive end for stretches, game to game.

All of the above is very possible and likely IMO. Why waste time and hating when our coach doesn't have all of the pieces he needs yet? When were a contending,elite team I look forward to seeing whether or not your posts have a metamorphosis Red.

KBlack25

Starter

Maybe Blind wasn't the right word...

Idiotic was probably the one I was looking for.

I will address all of your concerns when you provide me the statistical algorithm to back up your "facts" that MDA had 60% and 80% confidence in Mozgov at certain points throughout the season. That or you can admit you made the whole thing up, massaging the facts, and are a bold-faced liar, and did not in fact present "facts" as you ranted and raved claiming you did in that thread.

Maybe Blind wasn't the right word...

Idiotic was probably the one I was looking for.

I will address all of your concerns when you provide me the statistical algorithm to back up your "facts" that MDA had 60% and 80% confidence in Mozgov at certain points throughout the season. That or you can admit you made the whole thing up, massaging the facts, and are a bold-faced liar, and did not in fact present "facts" as you ranted and raved claiming you did in that thread.

I'm sure after reading my post your first thought was these things cant be disputed. If you watch the Knicks regularly you know everything I said was spot on. No bias. Just basic observations. Like I said I dont hate MDA, its just that he's a flawed coach. I pointed out most of his flaws (which you choose to ignore) for you and this is your reply? Tracking back to a conversation we had 2 weeks ago. A conversation which also exposed you as an idiot.:teeth:

I'm truly glad you didn't try to dispute anything, because your bias for MDA would have truly been on display for all to see.

Too Easy!!!

KBlack25

Starter
I'm sure after reading my post your first thought was these things cant be disputed. If you watch the Knicks regularly you know everything I said was spot on. No bias. Just basic observations. Like I said I dont hate MDA, its just that he's a flawed coach. I pointed out most of his flaws (which you choose to ignore) for you and this is your reply? Tracking back to a conversation we had 2 weeks ago. A conversation which also exposed you as an idiot.:teeth:

I'm truly glad you didn't try to dispute anything, because your bias for MDA would have truly been on display for all to see.

Too Easy!!!

Oh, I'll address them...I can and I will. But if you are going to hide from your own claims, why should I entertain your demands?

Explain to me the algorithm or admit you are a lying sack of shit moron. Your choice. Then, once you have shown you are willing to engage in debate (as I have and did successfully..by the way, which post exactly showed where I am a moron? The one where I exposed you for the fraud you are? Or the one where I ran circles around your debate to the point where you lost your cool, cursed at me and said I was a moron? So if you claim something, that now makes it true?), or admit you are wrong, and I will be happy to debunk your points. But I'm not going to waste my time with someone who won't reengage the topic, simply declare himself right, declare his opponent a moron with no real backing, and refuse to reassert or provide evidence for his own argument.

You have exposed yourself. In debates with me. In the debate with Trill. You don't consider other people's arguments. You have your opinion about D'Antoni, anyone that disagrees with you is apparently a "moron" even if they make legitimate arguments, and won't consider any facts that go against you (see: Your refusal to watch the video). You are perhaps the worst poster active in what you call "debate" right now on this website, besides maybe the one referenced in my signature.

I see...
An improved roster
An improved record

I want Jeff VanGundy, Stan VanGundy, and Ewing or Jackson as our staff. We get offense, defense, big coaching and to groom two homers, while completing the cycle. But I know this won't happen.

Thnx. Black is now trying to change the subject. A sure sign of defeat. :peace:

KBlack25

Starter

I see...
An improved roster
An improved record

I have asked this before: What evidence do we have of Ewing or Jackson's accumen? In terms of Ewing, I have seen D12 remain pretty limited offensively until he worked out with Hakeem this offseason. I don't really have much to go on outside of SVG's conjecture that Ewing is all that good. A friend of mine, a Magic fan, said he wants Ewing fired and that any team "does not want" Ewing on the coaching staff. I know it's not a terribly reliable source, but as a guy who watches the Magic on a nightly basis, I think he has a better idea than we do.

Red

TYPE-A
The JV coach strikes again..

Shouldn't we let the season play out a bit more and then judge. I think it would give us all more of a basis to draw conclusions. It's still too early to make threads like this.

Based on what I've seen so far, I think its safe to say the season has been pretty successful. We're currently a sixth seed and we've developed our young talent to various degrees, which has shown on court. Fields, Mozgov, Williams, TD, Gallo, Chandler have all grown under Coach D and made valuable contributions.

I also think we're getting better defensively. It showed in the game against Atlanta. There was definitely a viable scheme. The players just have to commit consistently to executing it. It can take time for them to understand (especially young players) how much effort they need to give to win, while still remaining effective on offense, especially our type of O. I think its safe to say the short rotation definitely works against our players being able to give more effort on the defensive end. IMO this highlights the need for more solid acquisitions, as opposed to a coaching preference on the part of Mike D. Right now we simply don't have enough talent to lengthen the rotation w great effect. It will take time to put together a solid veteran team. We're obviously in a nascent stage of development team wise. Why hate so much on our coach when he doesn't have everything he will have, and needs, especially when he's shown he can develop and coach a young up and coming squad w all of the implicit ups and downs that will inevitably come? I think Mike D has earned our continued patience.

With a few smart acquisitions we can be a 50- 55 win team, even if we don't get Melo. Infact one can see quite easily why giving up too much to get Melo would work against being able to play D consistently; because we'd never be able to get enough good players to have the ideal 10 man rotation... A couple of solid pieces like a Granger maybe, or a D. Jordan, a Ridnour and we could do some thangs. This team is headed in the right direction. W enough talent, like any team, we can be elite. I also still believe our coach can win a championship playing this style. Again he just needs enough solid rotation playerz to sustain effort on the defensive end for stretches, game to game.

All of the above is very possible and likely IMO. Why waste time and hating when our coach doesn't have all of the pieces he needs yet? When were a contending,elite team I look forward to seeing whether or not your posts have a metamorphosis Red.
I can respect that but...

IF we acquire better players is that an indication that we could play D inspite of MDA's system?

And you said you could see how a short rotation hinders defense, but isn't that a staple of coach?

Also, will it matter to you if we make the playoffs but get bounced year after year?
Yes considering our past, it may be an improvement, but isn't the goal to win a chip? I mean you actually think we/MDA can keep the "we need more talent" thing up for over 4 years?
When some dificiencies have been on display over coaches career? By your assertion, coach's system can't be analyzed til' we make it to the NBA finals and lose. Then analyzing has validity?

So more time = better players.
Better players should = better results.

If we intmate the players, then we would have to field a better team than the historic PHX teams to achieve better results and defensively they weren't good enough.

What are the odds fans and the FO gives coach enough time to do that? Slim to none imo. If only coach could show an ability to overachieve with what he has ON BOTH ENDS OF THE COURT, then we could say the potential is there to achieve with the minimum.

When we argue (for lack of a better word) that more and more better players are needed (especally when some old players do better in different systems), then isn't that an indication in and of itself. I mean we will practically go through two overhauls just to get a low seed and early exit?

That's a bit much imo. But yeah we are doing better just not in the areas needed to really make noise. A minor adjustement in approach could do MDA wonders.

Oh, I'll address them...I can and I will. But if you are going to hide from your own claims, why should I entertain your demands?

Explain to me the algorithm or admit you are a lying sack of shit moron. Your choice. Then, once you have shown you are willing to engage in debate (as I have and did successfully..by the way, which post exactly showed where I am a moron? The one where I exposed you for the fraud you are? Or the one where I ran circles around your debate to the point where you lost your cool, cursed at me and said I was a moron? So if you claim something, that now makes it true?), or admit you are wrong, and I will be happy to debunk your points. But I'm not going to waste my time with someone who won't reengage the topic, simply declare himself right, declare his opponent a moron with no real backing, and refuse to reassert or provide evidence for his own argument.

You have exposed yourself. In debates with me. In the debate with Trill. You don't consider other people's arguments. You have your opinion about D'Antoni, anyone that disagrees with you is apparently a "moron" even if they make legitimate arguments, and won't consider any facts that go against you (see: Your refusal to watch the video). You are perhaps the worst poster active in what you call "debate" right now on this website, besides maybe the one referenced in my signature.

I've exposed myself as your daddy. I own you. Your claims are ridiculous. You claim one thing then on the exact same issue with a different player you do a complete 180. You're biased to the point you dont see obvious, basic trends in the way Mike D handles his team and players. Why watch a vid of a game where MDA showed concern about defense in one game when his statistical track record as a head coach points out that defense is tertiary at best?

I don't profess to be this great know it all poster. I post my thoughts, likes dislikes. I dont have any biases one way or another. If I thought MDA was doing an overall excellent job I'd express that. Watch:

MDA is doing an excellent job with the team on the offensive end. The stats also support this claim. I dont need to watch a vid to enhance my thought process. It is what it is.

Red

TYPE-A
I have asked this before: What evidence do we have of Ewing or Jackson's accumen? In terms of Ewing, I have seen D12 remain pretty limited offensively until he worked out with Hakeem this offseason. I don't really have much to go on outside of SVG's conjecture that Ewing is all that good. A friend of mine, a Magic fan, said he wants Ewing fired and that any team "does not want" Ewing on the coaching staff. I know it's not a terribly reliable source, but as a guy who watches the Magic on a nightly basis, I think he has a better idea than we do.

Hey what can I say, that's why he's an assistant. He has room for improvement. But that was me fantasizing, and mostly a karma move, as was Jax.

And D12 looks improved to me, be it Ewing or whoever. Besides JVG heads the D, his bro the O. Pat is just another assistant.

JVG whole purpose was to design and implement a defense to stop the triangle and P&R. I like that approach, because I believe once someone sets the benchmark or is the best

You gotta beat the best. And he overachieved with that/those rosters. Aim for the best and design a system to combat it. I wish coach had that ability.

KBlack25

Starter
I've exposed myself as your daddy. I own you. Your claims are ridiculous. You claim one thing then on the exact same issue with a different player you do a complete 180. You're biased to the point you dont see obvious, basic trends in the way Mike D handles his team and players. Why watch a vid of a game where MDA showed concern about defense in one game when his statistical track record as a head coach points out that defense is tertiary at best?

LMFAO - nobody on this board outside of Red has any respect for you.

I assume you are referring to A.Randolph v. J.Hill in your post, and I already explained the difference in opinion, which I am sure you didn't read (hence, proving my point about your joke of an existence on this board):

They are different players with different histories on a different roster with a different depth chart, on a team with different goals - hence the difference in opinion.

So now you only post opinions? What happened to "I only post facts" that you asserted in other threads, conjoined with your interesting coach-player-confidence statistical output?

Why would you want to watch the video? I don't know, as a fan of the Knicks I want to watch the video and learn as much as I can about the team because it makes my knowledge of the team, the NBA and the game even a little bit more well rounded. I am interested in learning and viewing things from different perspectives...you obviously are not.