No easy way out!

jzero29

Rotation player
All these trades threads and threads about who we should get. Truth is Isiah let it all slip through fingers by not getting Garnet this summer. Things are all F-d up and there is no one guy who could turn this "team" around. Their is no one who would trade for our bloated contracts and even if they did,NBA rules are that we have to take on almost equal salary. So trading for draft picks is silly. We'd have to trade for expiring contracts. Which means that they are valuable and we'd have to give up talent to get them. I wish we could start over, realease the entire team and just pick up a d-league guys and develope, keep the good ones scrap the crap. It's unrealistic though. But thats what I wish, but truth is there's no easy way out.

paris401

Starter
Their is no one who would trade for our bloated contracts .

exactly... we are fuk'd... we got players and contract no body wants.. if u are a contender, looking for that one player to put u over the top ,is there any player on the knicks that fits the bill?? curry.. that wide load, jamal... and his 15% shooting most (some nites)... starbury... he will ruin any chemisty in the lockerroom... the list goes on and on...

if u are a 2nd tier team, u don't want to be saddled with a 2-3-4 year contract ... you want to be in a position next year to be under the cap, to entice one of the free agents.. (wade/bosh/etc), to bring u upto contender status...

i fear no one will take a dip into our bag-of-shit.

besides most other gm's hate isiah..

we are fuk'd

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
al Jefferson..the next KG?

i like garnett but i would not have signed him.
If we did i could have seen us with a ring within 2 years. but then he would be too old and probz retire.
Id like to build the team with a few young players and a few vets. That way we could win multiple rings.

im probably way off with that haha

NYKnicks15

Starter
datruth is 100% correct. we had NO chance at Garnett.

even if we had sent Curry, Frye, Crawford, Balkman it wouldnt have matterd. McHale and Ainge had it in the plans from day one. and the only reason they persisted on it (acquring allen) is because McHale wnats to help Boston. and if you are to say teams out there couldnt have offered a better setup then you are nuts.

Telfair isnt wonderful, Green is getting no playing time, Gomes was going to get cut his first week there and Jefferson is the only true piece worth gathering.