Thunder @ Knicks 2/20 7:30

How do you think McGrady will do tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knicksin60

Starter
That final minute of the 4th quarter reminded me of that game in which Reggie Miller overcame a 6 point deficit against the Knicks in the '95 playoffs.

Green and Durant played the role of Reggie Miller with their clutch 3 pointers.

Good win by the Oklahoma City Thunder, I'm happy for their fans.

Scribbles

Rotation player
Now that was a ****ing game!!!

Wow!! What a thriller. We got more big shots tonight than the entire past two seasons combined...

Eddie House what a game!

S-Rod what a game!

T-Mac, unreal!!!

Im living a Knicks dream right now...

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
What an embarrassment, up 6 with a minute to go and we can't win? Hasn't D'antoni learn to freaking learn to foul when is less than 10 seconds and leading by three. If you ask Tim Duncan he could probably answer that (2008 playoffs Suns at Spurs game 1).

mafra

Legend
And I just don't understand why D'Antoni wants to continue playing guys when its bright as day that they aren't hitting shots, they aren't in the right state of mind, and if chandler was not in there, there's no doubt that we had that game in the bag without any OT. But, let the guy that isn't on his game play. Of course, it makes perfect sense, especially when you have guys on the bench that are so on their game that they can barely stay seated.

Look at what coach Adelman is doing in HOU, with THAT roster. He's TEN TIMES the coach D'ant is.

Let's face it: The only reason D'ant is coaching in the NBA is b/c Stern altered the game by changing all the rules to foster more offense. Got rid of hand-checking, lossened travelling rules....

Coach K in Duke is bewitched with Mike D and has run his offense for a few years.... It cannot even get Duke to sweet-16 in college!

Telling guys to run up the floor and chuck shots within 7 seconds is not a philosophy. It's a circus. There's a reason why NY cannot execute- b/c D'ant has no discipline. He does not strees it, like he doesn't stress defense.

Even I-Thomas could draw up a play.

As another poster mentioned: I rarely even see a play in these situations? Hard to even imagine what the plan was!

Maybe it's because I'm new to watching the Knicks, but some of the decisions in this game just baffled me. Mac didn't play at all in OT except to inbound the pass basically. And Gallo??? He's the go to guy at the end of games for NY?...Really???

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ya know, as tough as that loss was, I can't be disgusted as I usually am.There were blunders, but there was so much positives in this game.It wasn't just great debuts either, the team has CHEMISTRY.They looked like a legit team.Even when the Knicks won before this game, it just came off as, these couple of guys had great games with big stats, and not because they looked like a TEAM with CHEMISTRY.

I'm excited.

They played one hell of a game tonight, loss or not you've gotta tip your hat. With the exclusion of Lee, it just goes to show you how expendable most of the "pre trade" players are. 3 new guys come in and get busy w/o even seeing the playbook for more than 48hrs. Even Chandler and Gallo looked lost out there, maybe time will make things more cohesive and less confusing. I know it's only one game but damn.

On a side note, how in the HELL does any team trade Eddie House? I love Nate to the death but, Eddie is way more reliable on both ends of the floor.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
What an embarrassment, up 6 with a minute to go and we can't win? Hasn't D'antoni learn to freaking learn to foul when is less than 10 seconds and leading by three. If you ask Tim Duncan he could probably answer that (2008 playoffs Suns at Spurs game 1).

EXCELLENT POINT. End of 4th. 12-seconds left Knicks leading 105-102. We win game if we foul and do not allow a 3! I saw it done in college the other day. Even High School coaches understand basic math: 2 does not equal 3.

I have to start a thread on this!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Over 150+ replies in a game thread? Damn this site hasn't been like this since the trade deadline last year. Can't wait till the offseason.

But it was a tough game to swallow. I got pissed, needed to count to ten to make sure I didn't do anything stupid, but after I cleared my head I have to say I'm optimistic about the future. T-Mac puts up 26 pts in his debut? Wow, just imagine what happens when he and Sergio are integrated into this offense. Sergio had some slick passes, he just needs to work on his defense and shot. Chandler and Gallo really disappointed me today. Defensively I thought this was one of Gallo's best game, but offensively he wasn't aggresive. He looked timid in the presence of T-Mac. Gallo needs to "man up". He needs to take more than 6 shots, and Chandler made some boneheaded plays. All in all it was a thriller.

EXCELLENT POINT. End of 4th. 12-seconds left Knicks leading 105-102. We win game if we foul and do not allow a 3! I saw it done in college the other day. Even High School coaches understand basic math: 2 does not equal 3.

MAN! I wad saying the same thing!:agreed: I was never the greatest at math, but damn if I did know they shouldve fouled knowing how much better Durant is than every single player on the Knicks. SMH

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

This is like the 6th time in the past 2 years in which we had a foul to give and did not use it. I remember one against Portland very vividly, where Roy got off the winning shot.

Anyway, Start S Rod from now. I'm loving that New York now has 2 players named Rodriguez rocking #13 :smokin:

johnstarky

Rotation player

D'antoni is an idiot! You know that he has the inability to call a play down the stretch that could help the Knicks win.There's only been 3 games this year that were close towards the end that the Knicks were able to close out:The Nate Robinson 41 point game, the last game they played against the Bobcats, and the game in which the Knicks beat the Bulls at MSG.The Knicks poor execution in 4th quarters has led them to lose most of these close games.The sad thing is that they wouldn't be that far away from the 8th seed if they knew how to put teams away and win these nail bitters.It's like a D-league team takes the court in the 4th quarter and replaces the team that was playing solid basketball throughout most of the game.

Mr.Nine

Rookie
D'antoni needs to go. Everyone saw the look on Mcgrady's face. I hope all the fans in New York start calling him out at games and chanting "Fire D'antoni" like they did to Isiah (who at least won a championship or two).

CoolClyde

D'amnfool!

One of the most exciting Knick games of the year in terms of anticipation and execution, ruined by the lame coaching of D'amnfool. How is it everyone but this D'ickhead coach knows to foul when you're ahead by 3 with seconds left? Even Clyde was d'umbfounded. Sheesh! We had this game in hand, lost by the head coach... I hate the way he coaches, yelling at his team instead of calmly calling plays. Grrrrrr!

I did enjoy watching DuNone on the bench most of 2nd half, as he did his 20 minutes with ZERO POINTS! "Power" Serge is the man, will he replace the hound? Viva Espana!

Gallo continues to stink in the clutch, 40 minutes, 7 points? Once again, missing 3's when it counted. Sad Sad Sad. Why is he starting?

Uh-Oh, McGrady's rubbing his knee at end of game!! Sh*t!

Overall, a great game to watch, a sheer joy that Girafferies is gone.

Eddie House is key, I do NOT miss N8 as much.
McGrady is an intelligent player, thank you Donnie for making it happen.
Serge has a cool haircut! please let him be PG for rest of year!
Down with Duhound!
David Lee rulez!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Does anybody feel uneasy when Chandler has the ball?I mean, even when it seems he's hot it's like, he's not even in a zone, he just puts up a good shot.I like Chandler, but he has little things to work on.Even David Lee doesn't make me so uneasy with his mid-range shot.When he was improving last season-early this season he did a little, but now I expect him to make at LEAST half of them.

Chandler, I don't know about him.And notice how D'Antoni DOESN'T get the ball to him when he does have a great game at the end (against the Kings)?

The Joker

Rookie
post game interview with tmac, said he felt really good out there and it will take a few bball games in to actually get in "game" shape. Overall, good start to a bright future

skisloper

Starter
At least Duhon sat the entire 4th. Sergio should start with Douglas as his back-up.
The Garden was in its old form tonite....Chills....Of course losing ruined it but hey thats this season's mode.

knicksin60

Starter
Does anybody feel uneasy when Chandler has the ball?I mean, even when it seems he's hot it's like, he's not even in a zone, he just puts up a good shot.I like Chandler, but he has little things to work on.Even David Lee doesn't make me so uneasy with his mid-range shot.When he was improving last season-early this season he did a little, but now I expect him to make at LEAST half of them.

Chandler, I don't know about him.And notice how D'Antoni DOESN'T get the ball to him when he does have a great game at the end (against the Kings)?

Chandler just proved how overrated he is.He finally gets exposed when playing next to a star player.The good thing about this, is that he could be a very valuable trading chip for Walsh in the future.