We can beat Miami, We're a GOOD TEAM

p0nder

Starter
You call opinionated theories trolling? You say I?m hating to just be hating? Trolling is a form of instigating, if you read carefully, you?ll see who is doing the real trolling. I?m a true NY fan. Whether I?m at a Giants, Jets, Yankee or Mets game, always cheering NY.

The Knicks are not about winning, that?s why I lost love for them. When they decided to throw away the last two seasons for this moment in time I was pissed off. I mean, what?s the point of going to a game if their not planning on winning. Now the time is here, and they are back to the same crap again and you guys eat it up?every time.
<o>:p</o>:p
Don?t take my word, watch when the season starts.
And, all of those hugh contracts you speak of was for players with burned out knees. Well, guess what? What about Amare?s knees?do you recognize another pattern? If you can?t understand my comments then its best for you to not comment on them?unless you need me to elaborate on them?like I?ve been doing.

Oh I understand it just fine. You watched Camby, AI and Arenas for the last number of years and became fans of them while the knicks were in the cellar. Now you think they still have value and are better then guys like Felton. I believe that Arenas will be back in the league and will make an impact, I don't think that AI will ever return to form and his inability to accept a backup role means he's not going to be effective on any team in the league. Camby has value but for how long?

Our team now represents youth, energy, and potential. Not to mention Amar'e with a ton of experience in the NBA since HIGH SCHOOL and most of it with Mike D'antoni. We have cap space, reasonable contracts, trade assets and players that will fill holes and needs in our line up.

You are what people have come to expect from knicks fans. People who want a champ and they want them to be champs RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately, knicks succumbed to that whim for the last 10 years, trying to do the "quick fix" and further digging themselves into a hole with bad long term contracts.

Donnie came to us with a 4 year plan. It was two years of blowing up the team and then 1 year with talent, make it to the playoffs. 2nd year, contending for a chip. So far I think we are still on track with that time line...

I wasn't saying your opinions of the team were trolling. I'm saying that you are doing more insulting and name calling then is nessicary and interspersed in your shit stirring posts are ideas like "we should sign AI, Camby and Arenas". That's not really insightful. It's something that Issiah would of done...

I appreciate that you are back to watching the knicks now that they will be winning... that's great. But it really is the definition of fairweather fan.... I'm sure the Chicago Blackhawks have to deal with a lot of them after going 62 seasons without a stanley cup and finally winning. I expect it'll be even more so with the Knicks after this season.

As for Amar'e's knees... did you see any PHX games last season? The guy has only gotten stronger and more talented since the procedures. He;s proven, young and talented. We'll see on the other side of this season who is right. but i'm putting my chips in with the Knicks and our chances of the playoffs and beyond.

iSaYughh

Starter
Real NY Ba'foon needs to spend a minute of his time to explain the cap implications and impact on our up n coming players if we took on Arenaa, Camby, and AI, and the resulting impact on whether we could ever be a legit, rising, contending team with options.

metrocard

Legend
If it was 2002 they'd help us win games... And even in 2002 they wouldn't help us win to many games.

BTW Arenas and Camby are both under contract, and we made it pretty obvious last season we had no interest in Iverson... This ain't NBA Live this is the real world.

Thank you GetReal...Thank you.

NY Baller, Iverson can barely make it on a NBA roster..

Give me 10 reasons how an old washed up now no defense average speed Iverson with a weak 3pt range and not a pass first/win mentality can help us win.

Give me 10 reasons how a chucking combo guard in Arenas can help us, another man who doesn't play defense.

You said you've seen a pattern, well you're not obviously showing you seen shit.

I hate to say this, but you're one of the biggest morons in this sites history. Just take back what you said because its really dumb, or just stick to it and get shitted on.

Arenas and Iverson are the last PLAYERS we need. People who don't watch basketball would say something like that.

A real basketball mind would collect young prospects, not only with potential but producitvity. Randolph is an EXTREMELY productive player, so is Gallinari. We have them both, below 22 years of age with 8-10 years of increasing and improving efficient basketball to give.

You don't know ANYTHING about those two prospects except the fact they're prospects.

LEAVE this thread, and go do your RESEARCH. Then come and understand you're just making an ass out of yourself.

You guys still want the young and dumb over experienced players, when will this end? The Knicks always go young just to advertise and trade them off, and you guys sit here acting like true Knick fans but have yet to recognize the pattern. I can?t believe you think these guys are going to compete in this division, or even stay Knicks. It?s a re-building process that will most definitely involve trading for big name people. The only difference now is that they have more resources to work with. NY/ the Garden is about Star power and Showtime, There will be none of that this year, with these current guys.
I know for a fact that Iverson, Gilbert and Camby will do great with Amare?.way better than any of the new guys that were brought in the last few days. If you doubt that than you really know nothing about balling and probably play way too much video games. This is the NBA, not the D-league.
<o>:p
Don?t go getting all excited with the guys the Knicks have at the moment, they wont be here that long, and if they happen to make it out the summer untraded or waived?all it will take is getting ponder by all their division rivals for the first few games before all the trade talk for more experienced players start. You?ll all see the light once you open your eyes and stop dreaming. This is all they ever did?so stop lying to yourselves.
Have no worries about my rep?my real rep is in the real world, and that is where it really counts. I?m tickled that you would even mention such a thing like that?without feeling the least bit embarrassed.
But, don?t worry fellas. You won?t here me saying ?I told you so?, I won?t rub it in when that time come?.being a Knick fan is torture enough.

The only player that you are mentioning that is better than anything we have is Arenas. Camby and A I are old. They have both lost more than a step. There is absolutely NO upside. These three players wont, couldn't and cant bring winning to NY. No matter how you slice it. A I is done. Speed was his primary asset. He no longer has it. Camby also used he speed against other bigs to get down court for easy baskets. He doesnt have the body to bang. He'd get eaten alive playing major minutes. Arenas is good, not great but good. He isnt a difference maker on anybody's team. If he was Wash doesn't draft Wall to play the point. Why would you want to go with OLD RETREADS?

You say the Knicks trade their young talent? Lately that has been the case. They were trying to get out of salary cap he!!. They were trying to sign Lebron or Wade. If not both. Right now they are in a different mode. They want to build. Build to win. If you cant see the difference in now and the recent past, you cant be a TRUE NY BALLER...

</o></o></o>

Really, what can Iverson bring at this point; he's practically washed up! AI has not been affective for the past 3 seasons! Gilbert would be a good person to have on the team if he wasn't a max contract. You contradict yourself when you say the knicks are doing the same ol' thing and then you go and suggest bringing in the max contract of Arenas; a 6' 4" shooting guard that is a dominate ball hog. You yourself stated you don't follow the Knicks anymore and that is so apparent in your negativity towards Chandler, Walker and Gallinari. If you have been watching the Knicks regullarly you would have seen Walker just become so explosive when he finally got a chance to play minutes. You would have seen Chandler progress every year since coming into this league and you would have seen Gallinari start to show signs of what was expected of him when he was drafted. The knicks are going in the right direction and as long as they keep from making dumb counter cap moves; they will be fine for years.

If you had personal problems, will you feel like playing basketball?will your head be in the game? I know what he was going thru, and it?s understandable why he took time off. But don?t expect me to air out his laundry if you don?t already know the reasons for his time off.
<O:p</O:p

I?m not contradicting just stating if they are going to compete they need true ballers. If you are going to trade your best players (which I know they will) at least get some real talent back. What the Knicks are displaying is another work in progress and I?m not impressed or hyped up because I know what the out come will be. I sweated thru the Patrick Ewing days (Pre and post) and sense his departure the knicks has stayed in a rebuilding stage. This wasn?t supposed to happen again. We were supposed to get top teir players?not one half blind and week knee star, and a bunch of unproven potential. At this rate the Knicks will never win a championship ever again. <O:p</O:p

I wouldn?t be surprise if they traded Chandler</ST1:p, but I will be if they do it before Gallo. But than again, Gallo has ties with the brass, so, I doubt his underachieving ass will go anywhere anytime soon. And that whole draft thing for Gallo was some BS in the first place. And, Walker didn't look good at all last night... <O:p</O:p

Every other key team is signing some serious candidates, while we always go for the young hype and put them on the biggest stage just so they can be (old)schooled by the more seasoned vets before hitting the traders block. <O:p</O:p

Oh I understand it just fine. You watched Camby, AI and Arenas for the last number of years and became fans of them while the knicks were in the cellar. Now you think they still have value and are better then guys like Felton. I believe that Arenas will be back in the league and will make an impact, I don't think that AI will ever return to form and his inability to accept a backup role means he's not going to be effective on any team in the league. Camby has value but for how long?

Our team now represents youth, energy, and potential. Not to mention Amar'e with a ton of experience in the NBA since HIGH SCHOOL and most of it with Mike D'antoni. We have cap space, reasonable contracts, trade assets and players that will fill holes and needs in our line up.

You are what people have come to expect from knicks fans. People who want a champ and they want them to be champs RIGHT NOW. Unfortunately, knicks succumbed to that whim for the last 10 years, trying to do the "quick fix" and further digging themselves into a hole with bad long term contracts.

Donnie came to us with a 4 year plan. It was two years of blowing up the team and then 1 year with talent, make it to the playoffs. 2nd year, contending for a chip. So far I think we are still on track with that time line...

I wasn't saying your opinions of the team were trolling. I'm saying that you are doing more insulting and name calling then is nessicary and interspersed in your shit stirring posts are ideas like "we should sign AI, Camby and Arenas". That's not really insightful. It's something that Issiah would of done...

I appreciate that you are back to watching the knicks now that they will be winning... that's great. But it really is the definition of fairweather fan.... I'm sure the Chicago Blackhawks have to deal with a lot of them after going 62 seasons without a stanley cup and finally winning. I expect it'll be even more so with the Knicks after this season.

As for Amar'e's knees... did you see any PHX games last season? The guy has only gotten stronger and more talented since the procedures. He;s proven, young and talented. We'll see on the other side of this season who is right. but i'm putting my chips in with the Knicks and our chances of the playoffs and beyond.

I can agree to and respect most of what you just wrote, but thinking these guys new young guys were the original plan is wrong. I want what was promised. I pay good money to see teams play to win, not lose. What you?re witnessing in the Knicks right now is just another panic attack, imo. I?ve seen this before with contracts and hurt players and all. Last year, I did see Amare sitting on the bench a few times with ice packs on his knees. NY is a pressure cooker, if you are not on full throttle here, then you?ll going to get crushed because every opponent comes to NY with their A game. Amare has never had it so tough?in the desert. <O:p</O:p

He better keep those joints well oiled when he hits the Garden. Because, people are going to come down on him and the brass as soon as he tweeks that injury. You?re never the same after knee surgery, he is still good but not like most are hoping him to be. <O:p</O:p

AI isn?t hurt, still can play, and already said he?ll take a cut and come off the bench. He?s hungry and looks like he?s re-focused. But since non of us can really predict the future, it still remains to be seen. We all can speculate all day, all summer? but in the end the truth will stand out. Just don?t get too attached to this current roster?it?s flooded with trade bait. T. Douglass is the only young dude on that team right now that looks like a Real NY Baller, and that?s sad to say. <O:p</O:p

I?m curious, why do you say I?m throwing insults around when in fact I?m just retaliating? If you look around, you will see all the lame cowardly antics, doesn?t really bother me, but I just wanted to know where you got that from...<O:p</O:p

The only player that you are mentioning that is better than anything we have is Arenas. Camby and A I are old. They have both lost more than a step. There is absolutely NO upside. These three players wont, couldn't and cant bring winning to NY. No matter how you slice it. A I is done. Speed was his primary asset. He no longer has it. Camby also used he speed against other bigs to get down court for easy baskets. He doesnt have the body to bang. He'd get eaten alive playing major minutes. Arenas is good, not great but good. He isnt a difference maker on anybody's team. If he was Wash doesn't draft Wall to play the point. Why would you want to go with OLD RETREADS?

You say the Knicks trade their young talent? Lately that has been the case. They were trying to get out of salary cap he!!. They were trying to sign Lebron or Wade. If not both. Right now they are in a different mode. They want to build. Build to win. If you cant see the difference in now and the recent past, you cant be a TRUE NY BALLER...

</O></O></O>[/quote]

I'll respect your opinions as you should do mines. I predict that the more seasoned/vets will take it to the Knicks this year....If they don't upgrade to experience players. Teams are stacked now, what part of this don't you understand? Gilbert is far beyound good,imo. I mentioned these guys because they are available, and expressed their desires to come here and I'm sure they can still compete .

Why wait for mello, cp3 and parker? sounds like what we were doing with the Lebronsense 2 years ago. The time is now , not next year..

iJoe

Rotation player
I give up on this thread.

Real NY Baller thinks Iverson would be a great addition to the knicks roster. Do I need to add anything else?

If you think an old, short player who doesn't have the speed to get past his defender anymore, can't shoot, can't defend, career 40% FG, turnover prone, and can't play without the ball, I don't want to talk to you anymore.

I give up on this thread.

Real NY Baller thinks Iverson would be a great addition to the knicks roster. Do I need to add anything else?

If you think an old, short player who doesn't have the speed to get past his defender anymore, can't shoot, can't defend, career 40% FG, turnover prone, and can't play without the ball, I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Thats cool with me, I never forced you in the first place. I mainly speak when spoken to, and I'm not really delighted with the hospitality anyway.

p0nder

Starter
I'll say that you've been polite with me, as i have been courteous with you. I hope that you can continue the trend and perhaps we can all put that sort of initial back and forth with other posters behind us.

AI was very ineffective for the last few years. Certainly he had some distractions and wants to make a come back. But how hungry is he? Hungry enough to take a pay cut and join the miami heat? Hungry enough to come back faster, quicker and smarter then before? Hungry enough to accept a back up PG role? I'm not convinced he's hungry for wins as much as he is for personal recognition. AI is too much of a risk to put him on this knicks team.

Same with Arenas, a guy that doesn't come from a winning culture ever. He's been over hyped but is still a serviceable PG. Unfortunately he is a locker room question mark at best and a cancer at worst. Too much risk, not enough reward, not to mention that he would be very expensive.

Camby is an effective defensive C but on offense he is no where near the production of amar'e. I like having younger, more versatile options at the 4 and 5. I think we have some good prospects here and throught the season we wiull find out who is a keeper and who is tradable.

Amar'e is as hungry as any player out there. He'll be looking to prove himself worthy of that money against the new big 3 and on the biggest stage in the basketball world. His knees are questionable but after going through a lot of physicals, practices, games and workouts his knees appear to be fine. I am certainly not worried about him for the next 3-4 years. Maybe when he's 32 it'll catch up with him... but we'll have to wait and see. As it stands he is a productive big man that will give you 110%

Nice post p0nder,
I must admit, I too see the locker room and off the court issues being a possible issue here too. But, I’m basically talking about these guys because of the fire I saw their eyes when expressing their desire to play here and win. I doubt the unprofessionalism of their past in the NBA still exist because these players have matured (supposedly).

They can contribute; t hey have the important rarely spoken about intangibles that’s needed to win big games. I’m not saying they wanted to be the franchise…but saying they are looking to do what Wade, Bosh and lebron did..........put all egos aside and compete.

But the summer days are long and there’s still time on the clock, come fall we will all see where the Knicks stand.

Gilbert is far beyound good,imo.[/quote]

If Gilbert was that good, why does Wash draft his replacement at the point? Why would they even entertain trading him? He isnt a difference maker.

p0nder

Starter
I thought that AI had matured last year. I watched his press conference when he was picked up by the 76ers and he showed a lot of professionalism and that heart that it takes to be a force in this league. However he came back from that to miss most of the games and in the games he did play he was ineffective at best and a black hole at worst. I think he still has an opportunity to come back and compete but i don't see AI ever wanting to differ to another player, take a back up role or even co-exist on a team with another superstar. It's just not how he plays the game. When he was younger he needed to take nearly 40 shots a game. And thats just how he played the game, it's all he knows and his inability to adjust and adapt has left him behind in this new NBA.

I can see Arenas and Camby doing as you mentioned, looking to come to a team and contribute, putting aside their egos. But for the above reasons of age, durability and chemistry issues I think that we have players now on our roster that would/will make better fits then Camby/Arenas.

We'll see now how much Arenas can bounce back after the debacle he had. I hope he gets another chance as i think he has tremendous talent, but I don't know how much teams are going to be willing to invest in him. His matuirty is questionable at best.

Gilbert is far beyound good,imo.

If Gilbert was that good, why does Wash draft his replacement at the point? Why would they even entertain trading him? He isnt a difference maker.[/quote]

I'm not sure if I understand this particular post but, your opinion of Gilbert has been noted in another one... however, Gilbert is an Allstar and has proven it, believe it or not. He might not be all flair but he sure gets the job done.

I thought that AI had matured last year. I watched his press conference when he was picked up by the 76ers and he showed a lot of professionalism and that heart that it takes to be a force in this league. However he came back from that to miss most of the games and in the games he did play he was ineffective at best and a black hole at worst. I think he still has an opportunity to come back and compete but i don't see AI ever wanting to differ to another player, take a back up role or even co-exist on a team with another superstar. It's just not how he plays the game. When he was younger he needed to take nearly 40 shots a game. And thats just how he played the game, it's all he knows and his inability to adjust and adapt has left him behind in this new NBA.

I can see Arenas and Camby doing as you mentioned, looking to come to a team and contribute, putting aside their egos. But for the above reasons of age, durability and chemistry issues I think that we have players now on our roster that would/will make better fits then Camby/Arenas.

We'll see now how much Arenas can bounce back after the debacle he had. I hope he gets another chance as i think he has tremendous talent, but I don't know how much teams are going to be willing to invest in him. His matuirty is questionable at best.

True, but that interview you're talking about was during the time of his off the court issues. I think it was about a week and half ago when he stated he would take a cut and play any role. I'm not sure how much of a cut he's talking, but if its reasonable, I don't see the harm in giving him a shot to redeem himself. He'll be great coming off the bench, especially knowing he's ok with it.
He can only be hungry...and that makes you better. I doubt if he will blow another chance in this league.

If Gilbert was that good, why does Wash draft his replacement at the point? Why would they even entertain trading him? He isnt a difference maker.

I'm not sure if I understand this particular post but, your opinion of Gilbert has been noted in another one... however, Gilbert is an Allstar and has proven it, believe it or not. He might not be all flair but he sure gets the job done.[/quote]

My point is Arenas is being replaced on his own team. If he was holding it down like you say he wouldnt have to change positions. My other point is, IF he is as good as YOU THINK, why would WASHINGTON TRADE HIM?

p0nder

Starter
Clyde, it's obvious that Washington wants to trade him for public image issues, not talent issues. Considering that changed their name to the Wizards from bullets and he brings a gun into the locker room, you can't really expect that they'd keep him...

Clyde, it's obvious that Washington wants to trade him for public image issues, not talent issues. Considering that changed their name to the Wizards from bullets and he brings a gun into the locker room, you can't really expect that they'd keep him...

Public image issues? I know a bunch of players that have done a WHOLE lot worse than Arenas and were never traded. Dont get me wrong, he's a very good player. He could probably help a team like Cleveland thats already set get into the playoffs. But on a young team like the Knicks, he'd be more of a hindrance. Then teaming him up with Camby and AI? LOL. PULEASE NO...