• Let him walk

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Benchwarmer
Am I the only one who doesn't give a f*ck?

Relax and get yourself a sense of humour, Mr. Moderator. :rolleyes:

P.S. My last post here. (Don't cry!) :lol:

The negativity on this forum is much too depressing.

Cliche warning: Life is too short, choose your battles wisely.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

cute-puppy-pictures-okay-lady-love-you-buh-bye.jpeg

metrocard

Legend

?

my post wasn't directed at you, you never posted anything significant or noticable for me to stop scrolling, I simply was stating my lack of interest in Lin.

I was probably one of the biggest Lin supporters, now he's an overpaid media hype job; worst contract in the NBA behind Humphries.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Let this "ignorant" blackman help you out sista. It's called NEGOTIATING. With that billion dollar statement the Knicks FO hoped the Rockets wouldn't up the ante. When the Rockets did, Linsanity had to go because that price was "above market value". At least in the Knicks eyes and in the eyes of many others. I think real Knicks fans should be mad at Jeremy for taking the money and running.

Then i would never let you negotiate a contract for me ever, because I would be severely underpaid.
Thats not negotiating when you leak what your going to do and then back out of it once you realize that he has assessed value on the open market. Thats just putting the cart before the horse. They wanted to short change his contract, he gotta better deal end of story. Its not like Dolan is so broke he couldn't match.
Obviously there was no contingency plan on what they should do if Lin was offered a poison pill contract, and Dolan felt "betrayed" whatever the hell that means in business

And you have to admit you type ignorant sh*t in here. Don't act like this is something new. I'm not re-inventing the wheel here. Its been pointed out to you by several posters on more than one occasion.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
real Knicks fan shouldn't be mad at anyone for taking the money. loyalty is a bunch of bull**** in the NBA. it's a business. get off your high horse.

real knicks fan can love/hate the decision but at the end of the day is still a Knicks fan.

+1 rep:agreed:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
How about sitting out of the playoffs vs. the HEAT so as not to hurt your market value so you can take the money and RUN???(still on the high horse).

Yeah I agree he should of definitely ran out there and blew out the rest of his knee so that "true knick fans" don't have to worry about the media hype that is lin. And then he could just get a job on wall-street because you know he graduated from harvard, hell be alright:teeth::teeth::boohoo:

Yeah I agree he should of definitely ran out there and blew out the rest of his knee so that "true knick fans" don't have to worry about the media hype that is lin. And then he could just get a job on wall-street because you know he graduated from harvard, hell be alright:teeth::teeth::boohoo:

He wasn't injured at all but he knew his market value went down a bit by getting isolated and schooled by deron and didn't want a repeat to go down. He can't play a lick of D. It was a bitch move. But Glenn made a bitch move hiding from Houston.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Then i would never let you negotiate a contract for me ever, because I would be severely underpaid.
Thats not negotiating when you leak what your going to do and then back out of it once you realize that he has assessed value on the open market. Thats just putting the cart before the horse. They wanted to short change his contract, he gotta better deal end of story. Its not like Dolan is so broke he couldn't match.
Obviously there was no contingency plan on what they should do if Lin was offered a poison pill contract, and Dolan felt "betrayed" whatever the hell that means in business

And you have to admit you type ignorant sh*t in here. Don't act like this is something new. I'm not re-inventing the wheel here. Its been pointed out to you by several posters on more than one occasion.

Uhhh wrong, wrong and wrong. Actually, what Dolan did is EXACTLY how you negotiate. It starts with a figure in your mind. Dolan already knows what he is willing to pay for said asset. I don't want to hear about t-shirt sales and crap like that. Guys like Dolan aren't just "trust-fund" babies as has been thrown around this board. He is an expert at assessing value. So he told J Lin to go get his number. Perfect because Dolan does not want to overpay. Lin's mistake was going back and getting the SECOND number. Jeremy OVERPLAYED HIS HAND. Dolan wasn't going to pay a one hit wonder 15 million in the 3rd year that in real money would have cost him 40 plus million. And the contigency plan was obviously bringing Felton back and signing Brewer today at a fraction of the cost. Hello. Lastly, I really don't care what 98% of the posters on KO.COM think. I told you guys Lin wasn't going to be back because point guards are a dime a dozen and aren't required to win championships and you guys laughed at me. Who is laughing NOW???? ME. Lastly, I negotiate big-ticket items for a living everyday for the last 10 years and I am pretty good at it. So if you lost the "tude", I could probably negotiate you a pretty fair pay RAISE. My normal fee is 20%, but for you I would settle for 10% just to help a "sista" out. Some of us do wear shirts and ties to work you know:)

jimkcchief88

All Star

Uhhhh....wrong again. Entry level jobs on Wall Street don't pay 25 million. There is a reason the boy was sleeping on a couch.

erivera

Benchwarmer
for a team trying to win i think lin being gone is good.

i'm upset we lost a young player, but i'm not upset about losing lin. i think all the media following him would've led to unneccesary distractions for this team, and that would've hindered developing chemistry. i don't believe players on the team disliked him, but i think they didn't like what came with him. for instance, if the knicks were to lose 4 in a row you know the media would start saying how lin needs to get the ball as opposed to melo or stoudemire. it would've been drama all season. again, it sucks to lose a young player, but the lin distractions being gone will be good also.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Uhhhh....wrong again. Entry level jobs on Wall Street don't pay 25 million. There is a reason the boy was sleeping on a couch.

Its called sarcasm use it sometime, its effective, its works

According to your logic he should of gone out there and blown out the rest of his knee, ending his career before it even began because "its the New York Knicks, we one loss away from being eliminated but so what, play slave!" and "so what if everyone on the team is getting paid, you don't deserve sh*T even tho we made boku money off of you" and the classic "i know I've been told several times he won't be back till round 2 or can't run, cut or jump making him more of liability than an asset but Willis Reed did it he can too!!!"

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Come on, Newbie! Really? I'm sure I speak for others when I say that your matriarchal presence will be missed.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Uhhh wrong, wrong and wrong. Actually, what Dolan did is EXACTLY how you negotiate. It starts with a figure in your mind. Dolan already knows what he is willing to pay for said asset. I don't want to hear about t-shirt sales and crap like that. Guys like Dolan aren't just "trust-fund" babies as has been thrown around this board. He is an expert at assessing value. So he told J Lin to go get his number. Perfect because Dolan does not want to overpay. Lin's mistake was going back and getting the SECOND number. Jeremy OVERPLAYED HIS HAND. Dolan wasn't going to pay a one hit wonder 15 million in the 3rd year that in real money would have cost him 40 plus million. And the contigency plan was obviously bringing Felton back and signing Brewer today at a fraction of the cost. Hello. Lastly, I really don't care what 98% of the posters on KO.COM think. I told you guys Lin wasn't going to be back because point guards are a dime a dozen and aren't required to win championships and you guys laughed at me. Who is laughing NOW???? ME. Lastly, I negotiate big-ticket items for a living everyday for the last 10 years and I am pretty good at it. So if you lost the "tude", I could probably negotiate you a pretty fair pay RAISE. My normal fee is 20%, but for you I would settle for 10% just to help a "sista" out. Some of us do wear shirts and ties to work you know:)

I didn't even read the rest of your post the moment you said Dolan knows how to access value your whole post became invalid case closed DONE!. The past 12 years must of been real enjoyable for you then, because Dolan accessed some real classics like Jerome James (he was the **** back in the day) or my all-time favorite Eddy Curry because he was the next Shaq how can you miss on that. :teeth:Yeah Dolan had some real classics. Im glad we were a 50+ win team and won the trophy ...O wait.. that never happened we were a sorry ass overpaid cap-out team back then because of your superhero DOLAN

IF anybody you should blame Houston for the contract, Lin didn't negotiate that contract, the 2nd one, there was only one contract to sign. What are you not understanding? the moment it was leaked houston offered 4 years 28 million team option on the second knicks started to have diarrhea of the mouth "we will match up to a billion dollars" they said had coach woodson on T.V. stating "o defiantly we are matching that no doubt, He is our starting PG next year.." Houston said o yeah a billion dollars, starting pg for the knicks, better for the league if we get those luxury tax dollars, match this. Houston is not in the business of constructing favorable contracts for the Knicks. No body in the NBA is (reference Carmelo trade and various S&Ts just this summer) If they 'wanted fair value for Lin I'm pretty sure if they offered him a contract first he would of signed it at reasonable cost. But they didn't reach out, they didn't want him case closed done

Thanks for the finders fee but i could give a damn about what you do in life, i never asked you for one "brutha" and two what does your occupation have to do with being a fan of the knicks? or commentating on knicks related news? NOT A DAYUM THING Actually since you negotiate big ticket items at best buy let me get that discount so that i can add it too my military discount thanks appreciate it

You have your opinions and thats fine, but don't try to sit up here and act like everything was on Lin. IT WAS EVERYBODY'S FAULT. Lin's agents, The Knicks FO, The Houston FO, up to the owner Dolan and Les Alexander. Everyone gets justifiable placed blame for why Lin is not a Knick

Last edited:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
He wasn't injured at all but he knew his market value went down a bit by getting isolated and schooled by deron and didn't want a repeat to go down. He can't play a lick of D. It was a bitch move. But Glenn made a bitch move hiding from Houston.

How do you know he was not injured, you was there when it happened? Are you a doctor? a trainer? If so I didn't know, maybe ill re-acess my opinion since you was there right?:teeth: YOU was there right? In order to make a comment like that you would of had to of been there? Right?:smokin:

KingCharles34

All Star
The only reason I'm angry at Dolan is because he lost Lin without getting anything of value back in return. That's just a huge F up, no other way to say it. I'm disappointed that Lin isn't a Knick anymore but more than happy to go forward with Felton, Kidd & Prigioni. The loss of a valuable asset is what irks me to no end. Think we could have used him to get at LEAST a 1st round pick from the Rockets in a S&T if Dolan had even the slightest inkling that he wasn't going to match that level of an offer. I think the Knicks mismanaged this situation.

Thats basically how I feel now that everythings had some time to sink in. Lin might have his 25 milli but Houston aint going nowhere next year and he woulda made more money had he stayed in NY. Its his loss, when we make it to the 2nd round next year Lin win be at home with Sally Fields watching

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Thats basically how I feel now that everythings had some time to sink in. Lin might have his 25 milli but Houston aint going nowhere next year and he woulda made more money had he stayed in NY. Its his loss, when we make it to the 2nd round next year Lin win be at home with Sally Fields watching

Now that the dust has settled i feel the exact same way, why let an asset walk if we don't receive anything in return. I would of felt a lot better about everything if we S&T him for Kevin Martin, a draft pick or something. I mean our FO always gets raped in trades, why can't we ever do the same?

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Directly from the horse's mouth
Jeremy Lin shakes off criticism
Updated: July 25, 2012, 12:22 AM ET
By Jared Zwerling | Special to ESPNNewYork.com
EMAIL
PRINT
Jeremy Lin's sudden rise to fame with the New York Knicks and subsequent three-year, $25 million deal with the Houston Rockets has made the point guard a news headliner around the world. And not always with his best interest in mind, which Lin is fully aware.

Lin
"I will always, always have doubters," Lin told the San Jose Mercury News. "But I really want to reach my potential to bring glory to God. That is more motivation than haters and doubters. I want to work just as hard, give just as much, whether or not I have haters."

Lin pointed out that he was humble during the peak of Linsanity in February and March, when he averaged 18.2 points and 7.7 assists in 25 starts for the Knicks. He didn't take advantage of his celebrity status, even though he admits Linsanity got to him.

"If I'm being honest, in some ways, yes," Lin said. "I fought it every day. But I think subconsciously it had its effect, everyone catering to you. People were saying only good things for so long that when people said negative stuff, it was like, 'Whoa, what's going on?' "

The Best Of Linsanity

ESPN New York looks back at Jeremy Lin's very best games with the 'Bockers. Jeremy Lin's Greatest Latest
Since signing an offer sheet the Knicks declined to match, the 23-year-old Lin has received criticism that he's selfish and concerned only with money, especially when the Rockets upped the contract amount.

First, they were going to pay him about $9 million in each of the final two years, but then they made it $14.8 million in the third year. But Lin said he had nothing to do with that.

"I didn't go back to them and ask for more money," Lin said. "It wasn't like they gave me the choice to sign one of the two and I chose the one that would hurt the Knicks. I had one contract offer. That was it."

Lin managed to limit his interviews and talk show appearances during the height of Linsanity, and he only accepted sponsorship deals with Volvo and Steiner Sports. He was also signed by Nike, but that started in 2010.

By signing with the Rockets, Lin passed up millions in potential earnings, which inspired Forbes to write an online article titled, "Jeremy Lin May Be The Dumbest Harvard Grad Ever."

But Lin knows that's not at all what he's about.

"It just comes down to knowing who I am as a person," Lin said. "People who know me know I didn't want all this. I didn't ask for this. It was uncomfortable."

jimkcchief88

All Star
I didn't even read the rest of your post the moment you said Dolan knows how to access value your whole post became invalid case closed DONE!. The past 12 years must of been real enjoyable for you then, because Dolan accessed some real classics like Jerome James (he was the **** back in the day) or my all-time favorite Eddy Curry because he was the next Shaq how can you miss on that. :teeth:Yeah Dolan had some real classics. Im glad we were a 50+ win team and won the trophy ...O wait.. that never happened we were a sorry ass overpaid cap-out team back then because of your superhero DOLAN

IF anybody you should blame Houston for the contract, Lin didn't negotiate that contract, the 2nd one, there was only one contract to sign. What are you not understanding? the moment it was leaked houston offered 4 years 28 million team option on the second knicks started to have diarrhea of the mouth "we will match up to a billion dollars" they said had coach woodson on T.V. stating "o defiantly we are matching that no doubt, He is our starting PG next year.." Houston said o yeah a billion dollars, starting pg for the knicks, better for the league if we get those luxury tax dollars, match this. Houston is not in the business of constructing favorable contracts for the Knicks. No body in the NBA is (reference Carmelo trade and various S&Ts just this summer) If they 'wanted fair value for Lin I'm pretty sure if they offered him a contract first he would of signed it at reasonable cost. But they didn't reach out, they didn't want him case closed done

Thanks for the finders fee but i could give a damn about what you do in life, i never asked you for one "brutha" and two what does your occupation have to do with being a fan of the knicks? or commentating on knicks related news? NOT A DAYUM THING Actually since you negotiate big ticket items at best buy let me get that discount so that i can add it too my military discount thanks appreciate it

You have your opinions and thats fine, but don't try to sit up here and act like everything was on Lin. IT WAS EVERYBODY'S FAULT. Lin's agents, The Knicks FO, The Houston FO, up to the owner Dolan and Les Alexander. Everyone gets justifiable placed blame for why Lin is not a Knick

Pass issued because you are in the military. I appreciate your service. i sincerely do. I live near a stones throw from Great Lakes naval base and plenty of friends in the military.

But.......As a government employee, maybe you aren't the business expert. We all know the Government wastes billions of $$$$ a year. It's our taxpayer money, so who CARES???? But James Dolan runs a private enterprise that can actually LOSE money. No TAXPAYER BAILOUT. So maybe he got TIRED of losing money on BAD contracts. That's the part that KILLS me about you NEW YORK LINS. You ALLUDE to PAST BAD CONTRACTS to JUSTIFY a BAD CONTRACT FOR JEREMY. NEWSFLASH: ISIAH isn't team PRESIDENT anymore. So no more 20 million dollar a year contracts for petroleum jelly eating guards. SUGGESTION: Watch Shark Tank on Friday nights to see how businessmen like Dolan place value on contracts and negotiate accordingly. Mark Cuban is one of the members and so is the creator of the FUBU brand. Again, us regular civilians truly appreciate your military service. My father is an Army veteran of Vietnam(officer actually), which is how he paid for his schooling. So don't take anything said above PERSONALLY; it's all SARCASM you know:)

Last edited: