Carmelo is as good as Durant

metrocard

Legend
Zab Judah is actually a very good boxer despite his loses. Kevin Durant never been #1 in the NBA so he doesn't earn the James Toney title because James Toney in his championship run was the best in his division. Durant is great, top 3-5 player, but not P4P #1 yet. Carmelo Anthony exists.

Your punches are slaps I don't even need to put a guard up for. lol
The Hatton comparison makes a lot more sense now so I can't really go against your word.

Zab Judah? They feed you haterade to sip when you spar where you at?

And I compared Melo to Hatton more because of their respective FAN bases. Don't avoid the contact, you can't, my punches are crisp.

Melo = Hatton because each fan base, starved for someone to deliver them a true savior and to taste success. Both fans seduced by the man, and the man's myth (in Melo's case, that he is this alpha winner).

Zab Judah...smfh. Try prime James Toney.

And KD led OKC to, and through, that Finals. While he and his team repped one of the youngest and most inexperienced squads in the NBA.

You say he is passive, and yet his #2 goes down, and he rises to the occasion and puts on a domination clinic. Where your head at?

metrocard

Legend
Durant vs Garcia...last 10 seconds of the HOU vs OKC game.

Garcia plays lock down defense on Durant and Durant passes the ball up with the game winning shot on the line to Reggie Jackson, their lowest FG% shooter on the court.

Durant has notoriously passed up big time shots and this will go down as an example of his timidness.

Keep in mind Francisco Garcia is 6"7 195 lbs where as Durant is a massive 6"11 230 lbs.

Durant passing it up last minute shows his fear to take tough shots and his inability to be the guy you want to shoot the ball with the game on the line because he's not assert enough into the offense.

He doesn't have what Melo and Kobe have.

Small sample size. Amare is a useless player without a PG.

You said Felton is a classless, non-starting fool to Rono. (and I agree, Felton is a cupcake, and Westbrook is a beast; but don't act like Westbrook is some pure PG he automatically makes life easier on teammates)

Yet Amare beasted to MVP-levels when he had Felton as his PG.

Which is it?

Durant vs Garcia...last 10 seconds of the HOU vs OKC game.

Garcia plays lock down defense on Durant and Durant passes the ball up with the game winning shot on the line to Reggie Jackson, their lowest FG% shooter on the court.

Durant has notoriously passed up big time shots and this will go down as an example of his timidness.

Keep in mind Francisco Garcia is 6"7 195 lbs where as Durant is a massive 6"11 230 lbs.

Durant passing it up last minute shows his fear to take tough shots and his inability to be the guy you want to shoot the ball with the game on the line because he's not assert enough into the offense.

He doesn't have what Melo and Kobe have.

I smelled this reflex post. lol...smh.

1) Exactly. HOU had lockdown D on Durant, AND Durant was going for a 3. This was his coaches decision. The play was designed for Durant to go for a 3, he didn't have it, got lockdown D put on him, and he properly passed out, and the team was set for a high% game tying shot.

2) He didn't play a chuck'a'3....he did pass, and what did it end with? Ibaka missing an open layup.

3) The only reason OKC was in this game was bc Durant had a filthy game to begin with.....scoring, efficiency, passing, rebounds.

If you compare Game 4 OKC/KD, to Game 4 NYK/Melo....the difference is apparent. A great player knows he needs to make others around him better. Durant knows this. You think Melo truly does?

Neither perfect, though. Durant does need to assume more dominance as a finisher, but that's because he is so skilled a scorer it is a crime he isn't. He's played 2 great games now without a PG/#2 player...and this OKC team is filled with dudes who can't create their own shot.

metrocard

Legend
You said Felton is a classless, non-starting fool to Rono. (and I agree, Felton is a cupcake, and Westbrook is a beast; but don't act like Westbrook is some pure PG he automatically makes life easier on teammates)

Yet Amare beasted to MVP-levels when he had Felton as his PG.

Which is it?

Amare' beasted when he was healthy and had Mike D'Antoni as his coach. Chris Duhon was averaging a lot of under assist under D'Antoni, Felton's case is the same thing.

Never said Westbrook is a pure PG, he's a mindless chucker and one of the dumbest PG's in the NBA.

But his skills and abilities help get guys open.

metrocard

Legend
KD lacks heart.

You think Jordan would of passed up a last minute shot?

KD is too cautious of his FG% and that will hold OKC back from taking risk and being rewarded.

Jackson should never be the man to the last minute shot, it doesn't matter if he's wide OPEN. He missed two wide open shots previously. KD was shooting 70% within the game and could afford to skew his FG%

Ibaka and Westbrook will be all star talents with or without KD. KD's passing is more less of a skill and just an attitude of caution he carries around himself.

Kevin Durant sucked defensively this game. Parsons and Delfino had his way with him and Durant was all offensive this game.

I can't wait to see Houston steal another win from OKC.

delfinodunk_medium.gif

Zab Judah is actually a very good boxer despite his loses. Kevin Durant never been #1 in the NBA so he doesn't earn the James Toney title because James Toney in his championship run was the best in his division. Durant is great, top 3-5 player, but not P4P #1 yet. Carmelo Anthony exists.

Your punches are slaps I don't even need to put a guard up for. lol
The Hatton comparison makes a lot more sense now so I can't really go against your word.

I met Zab once, and one of his bros. Good man, good boxer, but you are comparing him to a rare, generational talent. This is why Toney is warranted; KD does things you never seen a man his size do before, and he's a true craftsman, just like Toney.

Durant is still growing. People were ****ting on Lebron but 2yrs ago for not being aggressive enough and being a finisher.

I like you. No beef or homo. I don't wanna pile onto a team still in playoff's, so I won't say much more on this till Melo and KD finish their 13' playoff dance.

p0nder

Starter
Man that dunk on durant by delfino was nasty. Just made durant look silly with that. and it's delfino for goodness sakes! I love the look delfino gives after postering KD. just like "get that weak **** outta here!" Durrant is a great player but he really needs to play out of his mind to bring the thunder to the finals. I certainly can't see them beating the spurs without westbrook. I guess you could look at J.R. smith in the same light for Carmelo so i still put these players on the same level. this is proving to be a very interesting comparison for these two as the playoffs continue.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You got shut down in those debates and made Melo look bad by weakly defending him.

Revisionist, selective memory much?? In those debates your laughable central arguement was that Chandler, Felton Gallo together were more valuable than Melo, which I exposed as the garbage it was. You still have your head up your ass.

JR Smith

Russell Westbrook
24 ppg
7.6 asp
5.4 rpg
1.8 stl
44% FG

JR Smith
18.1 ppg
2.7 asp
5.3 rpg
1.3 spg
42% FG

Man, I should slap the F U C K out of your ugly face for even comparing these two players where one is an all star and possible all NBA team player (1st or 2nd) and the other is a 6th man and trying to make a weak argument out of it. You failed another debate. You're the worst by far.

The ONLY way I'm comparing Westbrook and JR is by the FACT they are both second leading scorers on their respective teams, not by their respective contributions. You fail.

By you putting stats up you make my point even more (idiota). Durant should have a more difficult time adjusting to not having Westbrook than Melo should in the case of coping with the loss of JR due him (Westbrook) putting up bigger numbers.

metrocard

Legend
^ You didn't say anything that in the argument, you got trashed in the thread. I think differently of Melo, but it definitely wasn't because of your weak argument.

JR Smith and Westbrook being second leading scorers is a meaningless fact.

1. Westbrook takes as many shots as Durant and handles the ball and gets as touches as KD. Westbrook is really a primary scorer who isn't afraid to take the ball from KD.

2. JR Smith is a 6th man spark plug to the max, but when he plays with Melo, Melo will always get more shot attempts because JR knows Melo is the superior scoring option

3. You're a dumbass that needs to get pimp slapped by comparing the 2. If you swap JR Smith with Westbrook, you'll see OKC struggle and not be an elite team anymore. They're having trouble with Houston, especially since in the OKC wins they barely beat Houston.

4. Don't use spanish.

5. That wasn't even the argument. Agruement was Durant has had Westbrook all season long. You give Melo a top 5 PG and guarantee his production increases. Felton can't elevate's Melos game. Westbrook averages 24/7, go eat some nuts. Durant has the best supporting cast in the NBA and you can't base his FG% to be all truths of truths. Put Durant on the Knicks, that FG% will drop like your sex life.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
1. You will never admit you were wrong. You spit some of the most asinine comments I've ever heard on the forum in that thread, and you were exposed. You try to save face in a futile way. Many posters will remember that thread and those comments though you would like to forget.

2. You still fail to understand what I'm saying re Westbrook and JR.. see Ponderino's post for comprehension and follow suit. Idiota :)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^ You didn't say anything that in the argument, you got trashed in the thread. I think differently of Melo, but it definitely wasn't because of your weak argument.

JR Smith and Westbrook being second leading scorers is a meaningless fact.

1. Westbrook takes as many shots as Durant and handles the ball and gets as touches as KD. Westbrook is really a primary scorer who isn't afraid to take the ball from KD.

2. JR Smith is a 6th man spark plug to the max, but when he plays with Melo, Melo will always get more shot attempts because JR knows Melo is the superior scoring option

3. You're a dumbass that needs to get pimp slapped by comparing the 2. If you swap JR Smith with Westbrook, you'll see OKC struggle and not be an elite team anymore. They're having trouble with Houston, especially since in the OKC wins they barely beat Houston.

4. Don't use spanish.

5. That wasn't even the argument. Agruement was Durant has had Westbrook all season long. You give Melo a top 5 PG and guarantee his production increases. Felton can't elevate's Melos game. Westbrook averages 24/7, go eat some nuts. Durant has the best supporting cast in the NBA and you can't base his FG% to be all truths of truths. Put Durant on the Knicks, that FG% will drop like your sex life.

The bolded shows you have only a cursory knowledge of the game. Stick to boxing.

metrocard

Legend
1. You will never admit you were wrong. You spit some of the most asinine comments I've ever heard on the forum in that thread, and you were exposed. You try to save face in a futile way. Many posters will remember that thread and those comments though you would like to forget.

2. You still fail to understand what I'm saying re Westbrook and JR.. see Ponderino's post for comprehension and follow suit. Idiota :)

I easily won that debate, probably the easiest debate I won in this forums history.

and JR/Westbrook being second in scoring on their teams doesnt mean anything. Westbrook is about 3 levels above JR. I got JR rated at an 81/82 and Westbrook rated at an 88.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I easily won that debate, probably the easiest debate I won in this forums history.

and JR/Westbrook being second in scoring on their teams doesnt mean anything. Westbrook is about 3 levels above JR. I got JR rated at an 81/82 and Westbrook rated at an 88.

More face saving. Say what you feel. You can't change hx

Read a book. Stop playing video games. No one cares what you have your players rated on NBA 2k.

Shameful. 22 assists the past two games? I'm far from a NYK hater. Won't you guys see the light, and what is really up with this dude? In his NYK career, and pre-NYK career in the NBA.

This is against a BOS team that was .500, and is without their #1 player.

Please, Melo does NOT equal Durant. It isn't even a Durant vs Melo thing; Melo just isn't on that LEVEL, and it is because of some things that you should find very troubling as a NYK fan.

Let me break this down. Melo =

Top 5 Talent

Top 10 Individual Player

Top 25 Player You Want On A a Championship Team

And let me slip the slaps that I'm sure will come about trolling after Carmelo **** the bed....I made my points PRE playoffs. And they apply even in the games this series that Melo "lit it up"

(ie, he did not much else besides score at a blistering rate, with plenty of ISO)

NewYork

Benchwarmer
Hey Thunder, I agree with you but the Knicks can still win it. Its really how emotionally prepared these guys are. People can talk about how good players are but what wins championships is the mentality. Carmelo can win the game for the Knicks even on a ****ty night if he does his part on defense but what kills us is that he;s having really bad shooting nights AND not playing any defense with some grit. JR smith having a bad shooting night AND not playing defense like the championship requires it. IMO these guys gave up the fight once the refs started calling a lot of BS fouls on them but they should've kept playing hard and not let it frustrate them.

jimkcchief88

All Star
This...This....Melo is getting beaten to death in this Celts series...Melo is getting handled literally by combo of Bass,Pierce, and Garnett. I don't blame Doc for the design, but the refs for swallowing their whistles. It's ridiculous....and your boy KD....got SHOT OUT like he was back at Texas last night... Well I guess KD kinda was back at Texas against the Linless Rockets lol:) Make sure you come back and eat your crow when Melo breaks out and closes this series out!!!!