With one year on the job, Donnie Walsh has put his stamp on Knicks

What grade would you give Donnie Walsh for his performance thus far with the Knicks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiyaman

Legend
All of your posts are filled with ignorance. abcd = ignorance. You say you're in college, but you post like a 13 year old boy. Embarrasing. What's your I.Q.? Like 80? I can't believe I waste my time reading your drivel.

Everything you just said either contradicts itself or is total speculation with zero evidence to support it.

You know you've lost this argument and you're too stubborn to admit it. Evidenced by your love for Crawford and Zach. Players that you've bashed in the past.

Give it up man. Crawford and Zach were not going to lead this team to anything. Not even the playoffs. The team was 6-5 when they were moved. Hardly evidence to say for certain the Knicks were going to make the playoffs. Zach got injured and missed over 20 games in L.A. and Crawford is riding the bench in Golden State.

Both of those teams have more talent than the Knicks yet both have worse records than the Knicks. If Crawford and Zach were so great, how come neither of them are going to the playoffs? Are they really worth mortgaging the Knicks future for many years to come?

I dont know....abcd made some points that u cant argue with.
I agree with u on getting rid of Crawful and Zach....but u just dont get it do u....what the Knicks got back for Zach Randolph was the samething as Waiving him.
I hate to say this to u but Marbury & Zach were the Knicks best two players in the preseason games which their performance makes us alot better than all the teams in the East struggling for the 7th and 8th spot.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I dont know....abcd made some points that u cant argue with.
I agree with u on getting rid of Crawful and Zach....but u just dont get it do u....what the Knicks got back for Zach Randolph was the samething as Waiving him.
I hate to say this to u but Marbury & Zach were the Knicks best two players in the preseason games which their performance makes us alot better than all the teams in the East struggling for the 7th and 8th spot.

No. What the Knicks got back in return for Zach was cap space. Something you were asking for before the season got started. Remember? You wanted the Knicks to GIVE a 2nd round pick and Zach for an expiring contract. We got better than that.

Mebury would have made this team worse. Nobody wanted him on the team which would have made the Knicks another drama-filled laughing stock. It's a good thing he's gone.

Crawford for Harrington was a good deal. Cap space, plus an upgrade in talent.

Saying Mebury, Zach and Crawford would have taken this team to the playoffs is an opinion. Not fact.

It is highly likely we will get more talented players than all 3 of those guys in 2010. We would not have that chance had we kept Crawford and Zach. That is a fact.

Based on comparable Eastern Conference talent, the Knicks should have made the playoffs the last 3 years. But they didn't. I can't say for sure those 3 would have made any difference this year. They are all terrible team players.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Doesn't anybody remember the:

Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4062&highlight=blow+official+trade

Everyone was in support of this before. Now that it's going into effect, a few of you are backtracking just because we're not making the playoffs this year.

New flash people...blowing it the f**k up means rebuilding. Rebuilding takes time and sacrificing wins for the betterment of the future of the franchise. Hypocrites.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Wow, the paper said it, so it must be so, just like when they were comparing Curry to Ewing. Please, Walsh hasn't done anything special. Chicago, just like lots of other teams: Washington, Philly, G-State, Cleveland, wanted to get rid of Larry Hughes. Harrington and Crawford are essentially scorers, and we just replaced one with another. The Randolph trade dumped Mobley and Thomas on us, which has left us paying a guy who can't even play.

One of the already signed Knicks, not Thomas, and Jerome James for Hughes might have been okay. Better yet, waive James and free up a roster spot for a hungry, cheap player, like the Rockets did with Von Wafer and the Clippers did with that kid they had the other day. Let Marbury know that the minute he gets stupid, he's waived and let him play as a back up to Duhon. Keep Zach, who, if you look at his numbers is definitely not overpaid, based on how great of a lowpost threat, rebounding and offense machine, he is. Bring in Lopez to stabilize the middle, by controlling the boards and intimidating penetration, while also playing the pick and roll with Marbury, Duhon and Craw. You keep a solid bench of guys that include Lee, Nate and Marbury, and you have a team that can compete.

As time moves on, you get the cap space to sign a superstar, or you get one from the draft, which makes the team a contender, more than just a playoff team.

Fist of all, you are way off base!! He traded Zach to the Clippers simply as a cap move. Zach's contract was on the books for another 3/4 years and would have provented the Knicks from making any significant signing.
While Zach's numbers are big he is a horrible post defender!! This is coming from a guy who was an advocate of Zach coming here years back!! I posted this 3 years ago that I wanted Zach, but the team was very different then.
Crawford is a scorer and a very high paid one at that. His contract had 2 years left on it so we shed a year by getting Harrington.
Hughes contract has 1 year left as well so we traded TT and JJ for him; salary wise a wash. Walsh would not have traged for Hughes if Mobely was healthy but since he forced into a medical retirement, he needed a 2 that could defend. Hughes has great potential in the right system and given time to get himslef back into NBA shape. He only has 1 year left as well so it is not a great investment on the part of the Knicks if he fails to meet the projected potential.
Marbury, I mean Starburry is a narcosist of the highest caliber!! He thinks he is Jordan or the prince of NY. He is talnted but nowhere near as talented as what he thinks he is!! He is a spotty defender and has absolutly no NBA court vision or a natural ability to conduct and controll an offense. He is a 6' 3" scorer! He is a very good scorer but that is it.... Good reddence to bad rubbish as my Grandmother used to say!!

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
if we had made the playoffs id be more inclined to give him an A...but it's still funny/sad that people don't understand the greatness of what he's already done with the cap space...i mean at this point you just got to be an idiot not to understand the road that Donnie has paved for us through these moves, a road thats been covered with crap and leading in every wrong direction, now has a optimistic path....it makes me laugh to see fools come in here and say how worse off we were having traded zdolph or craw, marbury as if we made the moves to be a better team right now, or as if they were going to get us anywhere worth a damn...the knicks the last few years have been riddled with awful players who get paid way more then they should, and thats both the mgmts fault and the players themselves.....having Donnie do what he was able to do, and not only get our heads above water, but be in a good position to sign the king among others, is nothing short of A work.....it'll make the inevitable awful playing of this squad eaisier to take next season knowing whats coming

KryptoN8

Rookie
Donnie

As much as I love what donnie has done for this team thus far, he's not going to get any real improvements to this team till we trade both Jeffries and bum ass Curry!

metrocard

Legend
Dude your a tool.

1... Marbury sucks and has done nothing positive for this team since his arrival. You feel otherwise for some reason so whatever you can live under the assumption that him being here would make a difference.

2... Have you seen todays economy? Do you honestly think Crawford would be foolish enough to walk away from guaranteed money? You also praise Al Harrington consistantly so without trading Crawford how would we have landed the great Al Harrington. Crawford was a marginal player who made alot of money and his contract extended past 2010. If you listened to Donnie Walsh's first press conference he said the main goal was to get under the cap for 2010 not to become the 8th seed.

3. Zach Randolph is a top 10 PF. That is the first thing you've said right thus far. But he's more of a 7-10 PF who plays no defense, is in bad physical condition, never been on a winning team in his career, and most importantly makes much more money then he's worth. We should have never traded for him in the first place. We got very little in return for him on the court but off the court we gained salary cap space. Which by now everybody should realize is the key to winning in the NBA. Also if Zach was such a hot commodity why weren't we getting bombarded with trade offers? The answer is because he makes way to much money.

4. In my opinion I'd take Gallinari over Lopez right now. I can see people making the arguement that we should have taken D.J. Augustine but i don't think Brook Lopez is as special as you people make him seem. Gallinari can shoot the lights out, pass the ball, communicate on both offense and defense, and knock down 90% from the free throw line. Lopez can do none of those things. I'm not impressed that a 7 footer can block shots. If Jerome James plays 30 minutes a night he'd block shots, that doesn't mean hes a good defender.

Some people act as if we can't get a big man in this years draft. Griffin, Hill, and Thabeet have as much upside if not more then Brook Lopez. And if we can't get a center this draft is filled with promising point guards.

We could possibly come out of last years draft and this years draft and free agency period with Bosh, Gallinari, and point guard like Jeff Teague, Brandon Jennings, or Tyreke Evans.

But ABCD feel free to fire back with insults instead of a logical response thats what your known for.

Competing for a Championship in 2010 and beyond > better then slipping into the playoffs and getting swept in 2009

1. Marbury will surprise you.
Once he gets back to the NBA flow...you'll co-sign with ABCD and I.

2. I agree.

3. when Randolph is an elite PF in the NBA...you know the league is weak in PF's.

4. Lopez is a great defender, way better than Gallinari. Offensively, Lopez is a go to guy, Gallinari hasn't proven that yet in the NBA.

Lopez isn't even an elite shot blocker, he's just good at rotation and stay in fronting of his man, does very well at altering shots. One of the most skilled defensive young bigs you can find in the NBA.

You obviously need to do A LOT of research on Lopez before you give your assessment on him again, you're 100% wrong, amigo.

Thabeet won't be that good.
Hill is frail and has mad bust potential.
Griffin is obvious, but we don't get him.

We failed to draft the best big man from this years draft...as well try to get the best player.

You compete by gaining experience of competition.

Are you foolish enough to think Knicks will compete for a championship in a span of one season?

You become a playoff team first.
Then you progress to becoming a contending.
Then a champion.

Gotta think things out man, logic is a beautiful thing.

TunerAddict

Starter
All of your posts are filled with ignorance. abcd = ignorance. You say you're in college, but you post like a 13 year old boy. Embarrasing. What's your I.Q.? Like 80? I can't believe I waste my time reading your drivel.

Everything you just said either contradicts itself or is total speculation with zero evidence to support it.

You know you've lost this argument and you're too stubborn to admit it. Evidenced by your love for Crawford and Zach. Players that you've bashed in the past.

Give it up man. Crawford and Zach were not going to lead this team to anything. Not even the playoffs. The team was 6-5 when they were moved. Hardly evidence to say for certain the Knicks were going to make the playoffs. Zach got injured and missed over 20 games in L.A. and Crawford is riding the bench in Golden State.

Both of those teams have more talent than the Knicks yet both have worse records than the Knicks. If Crawford and Zach were so great, how come neither of them are going to the playoffs? Are they really worth mortgaging the Knicks future for many years to come?

Wasn't ABCD the one saying that when we were 6-5 before the trade that it was a bad 6-5 record against bad teams and that we would suck with that team?

Kiyaman

Legend
if we had made the playoffs id be more inclined to give him an A...but it's still funny/sad that people don't understand the greatness of what he's already done with the cap space...i mean at this point you just got to be an idiot not to understand the road that Donnie has paved for us through these moves, a road thats been covered with crap and leading in every wrong direction, now has a optimistic path....it makes me laugh to see fools come in here and say how worse off we were having traded zdolph or craw, marbury as if we made the moves to be a better team right now, or as if they were going to get us anywhere worth a damn...the knicks the last few years have been riddled with awful players who get paid way more then they should, and thats both the mgmts fault and the players themselves.....having Donnie do what he was able to do, and not only get our heads above water, but be in a good position to sign the king among others, is nothing short of A work.....it'll make the inevitable awful playing of this squad eaisier to take next season knowing whats coming

Liking the moves Walsh made means your very optimistical.
u probably believed his first Knick speech about bringing Lebron to N.Y., and believed it even more when Lebron Cavs went 7 games with the Championship Celtics. LOL

I accepted the fact that we hired Walsh over Kiki Vandeweigh....I did'nt like the move but I accepted it. Which meant Walsh was not going to hire coach Rick Carlisle an offense/defense coach which use a 9-man rotation.

Isiah Thomas proved in first Knick trade that he did not know how to trade player for player. And Walsh excuse for trading the same as Isiah gets a pass b/c he is lowering our salary-cap to be in the same condition as an expansion team....and u also believe the Knicks will be flexable with a low salary cap. LOL

The Knicks would've been Flexible by having a winning season and raising the trade value of 3/4 of their roster....plus keepin all our young rookie contracts along with ending contract Marbury & Malik (I like Wilcox trade).
Crawford was supposed to be traded on draft night along with our 6th pick for the star-player we were supposed to be rebuilding around (O.J. Mayo).

Hint: Phoenix was flexable lowering their salary cap because they had All-Star Marian and Rookie contracts in Amare & Joe Johnson....whom all got strong minutes in the playoff with Marbury as their PG.
dum-dum Ainge lowered Boston salary-cap by trading players for draft picks and young players while holding on to their Super-Star Paul Pierce.
The Laker

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Liking the moves Walsh made means your very optimistical.
u probably believed his first Knick speech about bringing Lebron to N.Y., and believed it even more when Lebron Cavs went 7 games with the Championship Celtics. LOL

I accepted the fact that we hired Walsh over Kiki Vandeweigh....I did'nt like the move but I accepted it. Which meant Walsh was not going to hire coach Rick Carlisle an offense/defense coach which use a 9-man rotation.

Isiah Thomas proved in first Knick trade that he did not know how to trade player for player. And Walsh excuse for trading the same as Isiah gets a pass b/c he is lowering our salary-cap to be in the same condition as an expansion team....and u also believe the Knicks will be flexable with a low salary cap. LOL

The Knicks would've been Flexible by having a winning season and raising the trade value of 3/4 of their roster....plus keepin all our young rookie contracts along with ending contract Marbury & Malik (I like Wilcox trade).
Crawford was supposed to be traded on draft night along with our 6th pick for the star-player we were supposed to be rebuilding around (O.J. Mayo).

Hint: Phoenix was flexable lowering their salary cap because they had All-Star Marian and Rookie contracts in Amare & Joe Johnson....whom all got strong minutes in the playoff with Marbury as their PG.
dum-dum Ainge lowered Boston salary-cap by trading players for draft picks and young players while holding on to their Super-Star Paul Pierce.
The Laker

And you are overly optimistic in assuming Mebury, Crawford and Zach would have led the Knicks to a winning record and increased their trade value. LOL.

Just look at how successful they've been, and still are. SMH.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Wasn't ABCD the one saying that when we were 6-5 before the trade that it was a bad 6-5 record against bad teams and that we would suck with that team?

lmao i remember after the knicks beat the jazz to go to 4-2 he said it wudnt last cuz the knicks were playing against bad and injury depleted teams. looks like we got a flip flopper on our hands lol

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Hometheaterguy, how am I way off base? Your entire post had nothing to do with mine, which you quoted. You know, It's nice to at least try to back up your claims with evidence. Try it, some time.

And LJ4PointPlay, it's funny that you insult abcd, claiming he sounds like a 13 year old, when you don't seem to know how to use a comma. And you kind of sound like a liar, posting a link to a thread as evidence of backtracking, even though I know that I, for one, never supported these moves, on any KO thread. I'm sure there are others you're lying about, too.

And, tuneraddict, ABCD has criticized lots of players, like a lot of other people. I've criticized lots of players, when things have been bad, out of anger with their play on a particular day. Criticizing a player does not mean he wants the guy traded.

Moreover, both of you girls are singling a guy out for doing something that there's even an entire thread on: predicting the number of wins we'd get. You should both just cut your losses and shut up, before you embarass yourselves anymore.

And H20, aren't you the guy who sent me a faggot a55 message and a negative rep. for something I didn't even do, when you didn't even know me? Aren't you doing that now, by talking about another person, when it's none of your business, little wiesel? SMH @ the biggest sychophant on this site.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Hometheaterguy, how am I way off base? Your entire post had nothing to do with mine, which you quoted. You know, It's nice to at least try to back up your claims with evidence. Try it, some time.

And LJ4PointPlay, it's funny that you insult abcd, claiming he sounds like a 13 year old, when you don't seem to know how to use a comma. And you kind of sound like a liar, posting a link to a thread as evidence of backtracking, even though I know that I, for one, never supported these moves, on any KO thread. I'm sure there are others you're lying about, too.

And, tuneraddict, ABCD has criticized lots of players, like a lot of other people. I've criticized lots of players, when things have been bad, out of anger with their play on a particular day. Criticizing a player does not mean he wants the guy traded.

Moreover, both of you girls are singling a guy out for doing something that there's even an entire thread on: predicting the number of wins we'd get. You should both just cut your losses and shut up, before you embarass yourselves anymore.

And H20, aren't you the guy who sent me a faggot a55 message and a negative rep. for something I didn't even do, when you didn't even know me? Aren't you doing that now, by talking about another person, when it's none of your business, little wiesel? SMH @ the biggest sychophant on this site.

whats with u and having a period wheneva some1 critizes abcd? he can stand up for himself he doesnt need protection. and also whats with you and bringing that point about the neg rep? that was back on valentines day because some1 made a thread of u creeping on them. get ova it, u gave me a neg rep back with a nasty piss off message. and u claimed that ud get 3 of ur friends to give me a neg rep point. the only other person to give me a neg rep point was abcd. what happened to ur otha 2 friends on this site? plus u were the one saying that rep points dont matter, and u constantly bring them up. and i dont kno what it is between u and abcd, but u 2 seem like butt buddies right now no offense

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Excuse me for using a comma before/after a "but, "and" or "or". I use it to emphasize a pause in an argument. As sometimes I start a sentence in my posts with "And" or "But". I know how to write properly. This is a chat forum for talking about basketball. We're not publishing journals here so get over yourself.

And don't call me a liar. You weren't even a member here when that thread was started. I wasn't talking specifically about you. So again, get over yourself.

But abcd posted in that thread with trade ideas for Zach and Crawford for expiring contracts. I was providing evidence of his hypocrisy and how several other members wanted to rebuild but now don't like the immediate impacts of the rebuilding process.

You have issues concerning how important you think you are, don't you?

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Laughing my a$$ off. I never said the Knicks should trade Jamal Crawford or Zach Randolph. Please find a quote where I said this.

Zach Randolph is my favorite power forward in the NBA. I've criticized him for his lack of defense in the past, but that's because he truly is a poor defender. However, he's a great offensive and rebounding weapon, and I've always said this.

Jamal Crawford was never one of my favorite Knick players, but I have always acknowledged the fact that he's a good scorer, and that he could help the team win, given the right talent.

LGAY4PLAYFAGGOT, H2-HO and TUNAFAGGOT are the biggest hypocrites on this site.

What are you, the spice girls?

I've heard all 3 of you faqqots come here and criticize Nate Robinson and Wilson Chandler, after praising them on other occasions. It is funny how you guys want to make up lies about other posters to hide the fact that you all have Mike D'Antoni's sperm in your mouths and Donnie Walsh's testicles in your tonsils.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Hey, dumbass! I said that the Knicks would be a playoff team(NOT CHAMPIONSHIP OR EVEN .500, BECAUSE THE 7TH AND 8TH SEEDS IN THE EAST HAVE SUB .500 RECORDS FYI) with Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, Zach Randolph and Brook Lopez.

Obviously you are not a good English student, nor are you a good Mathematics student.

I listed the names of 5 players that would make the Knicks a playoff team.

When the Knicks were 6-5, did they have Brook Lopez? No.

When the Knicks were 6-5, did the Knicks have Marbury? No.

That's why I didn't have confidence in that Knick team.

But with the addition of the shotblocking, rebounding, and scoring Lopez, and with the addition of 2x All Star Marbury, the Knicks would have had a good enough team to make the playoffs.

TunerAddict

Starter
Hey, dumbass! I said that the Knicks would be a playoff team(NOT CHAMPIONSHIP OR EVEN .500, BECAUSE THE 7TH AND 8TH SEEDS IN THE EAST HAVE SUB .500 RECORDS FYI) with Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, Zach Randolph and Brook Lopez.

Obviously you are not a good English student, nor are you a good Mathematics student.

I listed the names of 5 players that would make the Knicks a playoff team.

When the Knicks were 6-5, did they have Brook Lopez? No.

When the Knicks were 6-5, did the Knicks have Marbury? No.

That's why I didn't have confidence in that Knick team.

But with the addition of the shotblocking, rebounding, and scoring Lopez, and with the addition of 2x All Star Marbury, the Knicks would have had a good enough team to make the playoffs.

Funny how you always bring up Stephon Marbury and him being a 2 time allstar. Shit...Danny Granger is going to match that mark next year...

You obviously can't read as you brought up something totally unrelated to my quote...