Hating on the Knicks

nixon7

Benchwarmer
There is no question that the Nets will be a very good team this year, but sports radio is acting like every possible best scenario will work out for the Nets (Brook Lopez, Garnett, and Pierce play 82 games, etc.), Bulls, and Pacers, and nothing can go right for the Knicks:

1) Amar'e will never play another game, and will get an extension from the Knicks after he retires
2) Bargnani will not even play as well as a Knick as he did as a Raptor, let alone better
3) Shumpert cannot possibly take a major step forward this year, or will be waived for Joe Barry Carroll making a comeback
4) Hardaway and Leslie cannot possibly become solid rotation players, or better
5) Chandler cannot possibly stay healthy with better support
6) Prigioni could not possibly take a big step forward in his second year playing the NBA game
7) World Peace is over the hill, but Pierce and Garnett went back to being 28
8) the Knicks cannot possibly sign a 3rd string PG who contributes
9) the Knicks cannot possibly sign a few competent backup bigs
10) Melo cannot possibly play better than last year, and will obviously play much worse
11) JR Smith cannot possibly continue to improve, and will likely join Aaron Hernandez in jail
12) Kenyon Martin will not re-sign with the Knicks but instead join Alvin Ailey
13) the loss of Kidd and Copeland, last year's Knicks All Stars, guarantees at least ten more losses this year

Sure, if all thirteen of the above assumptions are correct, the Knicks cannot possibly improve on 54 wins.

Oh, and BTW, even if they are the fifth or sixth seed, a #5 or #6 has never made it to the conference finals.

Keep assuming all of the above is correct, and I will keep hoping that none of it is.

CoolClyde

somehow "hatin' on the knicks" reminds me of the song "puttin' on the ritz"...

:smokin:

btw, i disagree 100% with the thread, it's all bullsh*t.

Last edited:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
> somehow "hatin' on the knicks" reminds me of the song "puttin' on the ritz"...

MAJOR LOL!!!!!!

Watching the video now, singing along with "hating on the knicks", and thinking maybe Peter Boyle would make a good enforcer for the Knicks...

----

And BTW, I think that Grunwald is being great on this. My take is that the Knicks still have 5 open roster spots (granted that two of them likely go to Leslie and Martin) so the Knicks roster is far from done. Sports radio is trying to pressure them to make moves in July that might get better value in September, and unfairly comparing 2/3 of a roster to more or less completed rival rosters.

I could care less who is the best team in the Atlantic, or the top four in the East in November and December, let alone in July. The question is who is playing well in March, April, and beyond.

I am hoping the Knicks by getting significantly younger, healthier, and more traditionally complete this year will be peaking at the end while their competition is breaking down (obviously the opposite of what occurred last season).

Last edited:

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Amazing how much hate goes around for the Knicks. So many of those points are actually going to go the Knicks way that there is nothing to worry about. I expect another great season, the only question is if it will be better considering the competion upgrades and everyone overall health. One can only guess, we all will have to wait and see.

petescud

Starter
well, not for nothing, but today on one of the sport websites (Foxsports i think) they did a nationwide survey if the Nets will win a championship with garnett/pierce and 75% said no....

erivera

Benchwarmer
a majority of the hate for the knicks is directed at dolan as much as the knicks team. a lot of people don't like the way dolan does things. personally, i think it's unfair that the media takes out their issues with dolan on the team itself. for example, frank isola wrote an article in today's daily news that basically said the knicks made good moves with bargnani and peace, but because dolan is the owner the moves suck. that's unfair in my opinion.

Broadway

All Star
Justifiably So....not sure why fans think we've turned things around to any great extent. Our future is about as bad as it can be.

Melo has never won anything of any significance besides an NCAA Title and a Gold Medal(quite a few players have one or the other)

Melo nor Knicks have givin any indications extension talks will take place soon, which could become a major distraction a la Denver Nuggets 2010-2011 season, for us this season

Amar'e has a cap killing contract and has stolen money from us since his first season. He's spending more time getting in touch with his Ireali roots and doing overseas stuff

Colangelo was let go primarily because of his decision to pick Bargnani #1(near bust) overall and stand by it all the way to his bitter end

J.R. Smith receives a multi-yr deal from us then undergoes major knee surgery right afterwards

We can't even get players to come and sign here like Nick Young/Dorell Wright/D.J. Augustin/Wesley Johnson/Elton Brand/Carlos Delfino/Byron Mullens because of our ugly cap situation

We can't execute S&T's(this yr I think it may be in affect) and most certainly next yr unless we trim major fat off this roster

We lost a potential bench depth FA for practically nothing again this off-season

We only have 1 significant draft pick in the next 4yrs

We play in a very Top Heavy EC

bigapple

Starter
Melo has never won anything of any significance besides an NCAA Title and a Gold Medal(quite a few players have one or the other)
both Denver and last year Knicks still arent teams that can/could compete with Heat/Pacers/Bulls Denver times vs Lakers Spurs

Amar'e has a cap killing contract and has stolen money from us since his first season. He's spending more time getting in touch with his Ireali roots and doing overseas stuff
that was Dolan decision after James decided to ............ and it was 1st top piece for this team

J.R. Smith receives a multi-yr deal from us then undergoes major knee surgery right afterwards
without JR Knicks have no 2nd shooter as bench player + he is quick and can fly

We can't even get players to come and sign here like Nick Young/Dorell Wright/D.J. Augustin/Wesley Johnson/Elton Brand/Carlos Delfino/Byron Mullens because of our ugly cap situation
some players sux in some teams and they just need to be traded

We can't execute S&T's(this yr I think it may be in affect) and most certainly next yr unless we trim major fat off this roster
There will be 4 sure some teams in 2014 that will be interested with STAT and lot ppl know that Knicks wana cut his contract.

We lost a potential bench depth FA for practically nothing again this off-season
Who do u think is responsible 4 that

We only have 1 significant draft pick in the next 4yrs
since D-Rose there was no interesting draft picks

We play in a very Top Heavy EC
still west is stronger @ end of season no teams between 5-8 seed r secured that they will b in playoffs
when in east u can b in playoff even 0.500 record.

New New York

Quiet Storm
There is no question that the Nets will be a very good team this year, but sports radio is acting like every possible best scenario will work out for the Nets (Brook Lopez, Garnett, and Pierce play 82 games, etc.), Bulls, and Pacers, and nothing can go right for the Knicks:

1) Amar'e will never play another game, and will get an extension from the Knicks after he retires
2) Bargnani will not even play as well as a Knick as he did as a Raptor, let alone better
3) Shumpert cannot possibly take a major step forward this year, or will be waived for Joe Barry Carroll making a comeback
4) Hardaway and Leslie cannot possibly become solid rotation players, or better
5) Chandler cannot possibly stay healthy with better support
6) Prigioni could not possibly take a big step forward in his second year playing the NBA game
7) World Peace is over the hill, but Pierce and Garnett went back to being 28
8) the Knicks cannot possibly sign a 3rd string PG who contributes
9) the Knicks cannot possibly sign a few competent backup bigs
10) Melo cannot possibly play better than last year, and will obviously play much worse
11) JR Smith cannot possibly continue to improve, and will likely join Aaron Hernandez in jail
12) Kenyon Martin will not re-sign with the Knicks but instead join Alvin Ailey
13) the loss of Kidd and Copeland, last year's Knicks All Stars, guarantees at least ten more losses this year

Sure, if all thirteen of the above assumptions are correct, the Knicks cannot possibly improve on 54 wins.

Oh, and BTW, even if they are the fifth or sixth seed, a #5 or #6 has never made it to the conference finals.

Keep assuming all of the above is correct, and I will keep hoping that none of it is.

good stuff, favorite was number 7! those who bash us getting Metta and say that are expectations are too high are the same guys swearing that KG and Pierce have so much to offer.

The fact of the matter is Knick fans are not excited that we got Ron Ron because we think he going to return back to his 07 All Star form...we are excited because we added another defender in our starting 5. Shump,Tyson and MWP are 3 All NBA calliber defenders so the complexion of our team changes majorly. With Melo being moved to the 4 the SF position was greatly compromised so this allows Shump to return to SG, this a lone is gives us 2 more wins next season and hell would have given us 2 more wins in the playoffs this year!

Allow me to add hypothetical point number 14

14.The return of Derrick Rose will adversely affect The Knicks win total despite The Knicks going 0-4 against CHicago without Rose

I keep hearing this about D Rose coming back being another reason why The Knicks will not be as successful, yet as stated above we went 0-4 against Chi so explain how him returning hurts our win total, LOL

the problem is that Fans and media folks love dramatic change it adds excitement but not always results. I bring up The Grizz and Lakers last year. Mephis did very little in Summer of 2012 and Lakers seemingly hit a homerun yet who went further in playoffs and by far had the better season?

Mavs and Heat 2011: Heat "hit the jackpot" all The Mavs did was bring in Tyson Chandler (who was not even a full time starter for Bobcats) and re-sign Dirk but who won The NBA Championship!

A lot can be said about moves that are not made and teams just building chemistry. A team that wins 54 games really should not be looking to make any dramatic moves unless you know for certain it will turn you into a better team, for instance if somehow we could have traded for Chris Paul and not gave up Melo or Tyson then sure you make that move, yet aside from that sort of upgrade you just tweak a little

let me add one more

15. Knicks should have used their lofty 3 million dollar exception to sign a Mega Star

those expecting a huge offseason this year is frankly pretty delusional! I think Grunwald did about as good as he could, he drafted a potentially good player, did not let JR get away, brought back Priggs and did not overpay Copeland, bring back Kmart and I say mission complete

bigapple

Starter
D-Rose will be without Hamilton Hinrich and looks like without N8 and i dont know about Deng.

Bull are using D close to Heat and Knicks dont have clue to plays against such D

Simply Bulls just know how to turn off Knicks

Heat won with them with Speed Bulls are much slower team and Knicks are playing slower than Bulls too much baaaaaalin and no shooter besides MELo but things r diffrent now.

p0nder

Starter
Hating on the Knicks is just par for the course. It's what makes me proud to be a Knicks fan. 'Cause hey, **** you too.

Nets are a team that needs to put asses in the seats now. Starting in a new territory, trying to steal fans away is a priority. It was a good move on their part to sell jersey's. But i'm not worried. Melo is still the #1 jersey in the world and Knicks are still better then the 2012/13 Nets and Celtics put together. I'm looking forward to the proof pudding that Charles Barkley will no doubt be chowing on again.

Heat didn't get any better and lost Miller who was clutch in the playoffs for them. In my mind this brings them down from their perch a tad.

Cavs have a plan but are still only a 1st round team of young players with limited playoff experience and huge question marks all over their lineups.

Celtics are done. Rondo will be exposed now that he doesn't have anyone to pass to.

Indy will have distractions off the court this year and Paul George talking about going to the lakers is telling of the locker room situation there. West isn't getting any younger.

Bulls have rose back but are losing out on a lot of depth that they held last year. I also feel that a DRose comeback will be anti-climatic as he's been away from the game for an entire year and who knows how his speed, durability and agilty will hold up. remember that that these were his biggest strengths.

The Knicks for their part have brought back all the major pieces that led them to a #2 finish in the East while adding toughness, defense and scoring in Metta World Peace and scoring, spacing and bench scoring help in Bargni (with a high ceiling still. The guy is young and could take off under veteran mentorship). Also keep in mind a lot of what has held the Knicks back in recent years was a lack of continuity. The team changed complextion so often that teammates never got a chance to work together. Last year was techincally Melo and Amar'e's first full season and even then Amar'e was shut down for most of the year. Lets see what happens this year with a #knickstape squad that will be playing with a chip on their shoulder before giving in to the hate and vitriol that so many posses for the Knicks.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
What I think the pundits are missing is that the Knicks strength is their depth and flexibility.

The pundits are consumed with the issue of keeping Melo at the 4. This worked last year because it created mismatches, but it also failed for the same reason.

The mistake is focusing solely on a team's "identity".

The great teams of the past were good at multiple styles. They could run. They could play the half-court. They could score inside. They could score outside. They could isolate. They could move the ball. They could post up. They could defend the paint. They could defend the perimeter. They could defend in transition.

The Knicks are not "there" yet. But they have the pieces to be much better in multiple areas. So the prescription is to keep working, keep building, keep developing, and keep experimenting; not to settle down into a single style and an 8-man rotation.

bigapple

Starter
why there is no hating from Spurs Lakers Celtics Pacers?

all these teams plays good games ? or other

why there is more talks bout BKN than Knicks

why do we hear allways from TNT ESPN that X team is better than Knicks or playing better ......

ppl forgot Knicks record last season after 23 games? even Hubie Brown as only was prizing Knicks.

i dont remember when last time Knicks had such strong D roster like K-Mart MWP Shumpert and Pablo new but older Gary Payton of Knicks and i am even counting for Bargniani

metrocard

Legend
What I think the pundits are missing is that the Knicks strength is their depth and flexibility.

The pundits are consumed with the issue of keeping Melo at the 4. This worked last year because it created mismatches, but it also failed for the same reason.

The mistake is focusing solely on a team's "identity".

The great teams of the past were good at multiple styles. They could run. They could play the half-court. They could score inside. They could score outside. They could isolate. They could move the ball. They could post up. They could defend the paint. They could defend the perimeter. They could defend in transition.

The Knicks are not "there" yet. But they have the pieces to be much better in multiple areas. So the prescription is to keep working, keep building, keep developing, and keep experimenting; not to settle down into a single style and an 8-man rotation.

the only pundits are the dudes who buy this depth gimmick and go too far with it.

Don't buy gimmicks so easily.

What makes everything for certain that Bargnani, Melo, Chandler, Amare, Felton and Smith can stay healthy? Our core guys have had serious injuries within the past year. For now, their health will be a question mark until they can prove they can play 70+ games in the season healthy. Melo and Chandler played hurt, so did Amare and Felton.

If you say Knicks strength is their bench, then that's weak. It's all gimmicks and good faith.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Depth is not just about a strong bench, and it is not a gimmick.

It is about being able to withstand injuries. It is about being able to create favorable mismatches and avoid unfavorable ones.

It is about players being able to give maximum defensive effort full-court because they will only play 20 minutes, not worrying about fouling out, and not saving themselves for the offensive end. It is about getting out and running on offense for the same reasons, because you are not pacing yourself for 30 minutes on the floor.

All this depends upon the coach and the team buying into the concept of playing team ball 13-deep. Of not worrying if you play 30 minutes one night and only 5 the next. Of not worrying if you score 30 points one night and 5 the next. This has to start with Melo, who could be the biggest problem or could be the thing that turns this all around. If Melo buys into "we need to start playing like a team" then everyone else will follow. If not, then I doubt Woodson has the balls to bench him (like in the movie "Hoosiers").

Of course, the jury is out whether the coaches and the team will buy into a real team concept. If not the Knicks will play as predicted by the pundits, but if they do, look out, this team could
[size=+2]shock the world[/size].

Before you say, this is all fantasy however, look at last year. The Knicks were not predicted to finish second in the East. They were not predicted to come out 18-5. But they did.

Unfortunately, that team was old, and injuries derailed the momentum. However, this team is significantly younger and so this is a new year to try this again.

Last edited:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Depth is not just about a strong bench, and it is not a gimmick.

It is about being able to withstand injuries. It is about being able to create favorable mismatches and avoid unfavorable ones.

It is about players being able to give maximum defensive effort full-court because they will only play 20 minutes, not worrying about fouling out, and not saving themselves for the offensive end. It is about getting out and running on offense for the same reasons, because you are not pacing yourself for 30 minutes on the floor.

All this depends upon the coach and the team buying into the concept of playing team ball 13-deep. Of not worrying if you play 30 minutes one night and only 5 the next. Of not worrying if you score 30 points one night and 5 the next. This has to start with Melo, who could be the biggest problem or could be the thing that turns this all around. If Melo buys into "we need to start playing like a team" then everyone else will follow. If not, then I doubt Woodson has the balls to bench him (like in the movie "Hoosiers").

Of course, the jury is out whether the coaches and the team will buy into a real team concept. If not the Knicks will play as predicted by the pundits, but if they do, look out, this team could
[size=+2]shock the world[/size].

Before you say, this is all fantasy however, look at last year. The Knicks were not predicted to finish second in the East. They were not predicted to come out 18-5. But they did.

Unfortunately, that team was old, and injuries derailed the momentum. However, this team is significantly younger and so this is a new year to try this again.

Our bench is deep and by far from a gimmick. Stat, k mart, jr, metta are all nba award winners. 3 former all stars. And our 3rd pg is better then most teams 2 stringers. Actually our bench of beno, jr, metta, stat and k mart can squeeze into an 7th or 8th seed playoff birth. That's pretty competitive and deep. Haha gimmicks. The only gimmick is thinking that dude is a good poster. He's like what kiya says about melo or any of his haters. He shoots so much he should get points. Well when u post so much at least one out of every 25 will be at least average.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Woodson has just dropped a bombshell which reinforces what I have been saying in this thread:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...nsure-of-knicks-starting-lineup-now-1.5892023

Currently, only Felton, Chandler, and Melo should expect starting roles. Furthermore, Melo could start at the PF, SF, or SG.

I have to admit that I expected the SF possibility. However, the SG option is even further evidence that Woodson is thinking outside the box painted by most pundits who have been evaluating the team.

This is how I would draw the current depth chart (bearing in mind that we will add another player, let's call him FB [for Future Big]):

C ----- Chandler | Stat | FB | Tyler | Bargnani | KMart
PF ---- Bargnani | Stat | Melo | KMart | FB | Tyler | MWP | Leslie
SF ---- Melo | MWP | Shumpert | KMart | Leslie | Smith | Hardaway
SG ---- Shunpert | Smith | Hardaway | Melo | Prigioni | Felton | Udrih
PG ---- Felton | Prigioni | Udrih | Shumpert

This begins to elucidate the number of different floor combinations, as well as the ability of this team to play multiple styles and withstand injuries.

Add to this the potential for certain floor combinations to blur the positional lines. For example, Melo as the offensive PF and defensive SF, with MWP playing the offensive SF but defensive PF.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Our bench is deep and by far from a gimmick. Stat, k mart, jr, metta are all nba award winners. 3 former all stars. And our 3rd pg is better then most teams 2 stringers. Actually our bench of beno, jr, metta, stat and k mart can squeeze into an 7th or 8th seed playoff birth. That's pretty competitive and deep. Haha gimmicks. The only gimmick is thinking that dude is a good poster. He's like what kiya says about melo or any of his haters. He shoots so much he should get points. Well when u post so much at least one out of every 25 will be at least average.

How long ago?

Once again, you adding more strength to my argument that Knicks bench is a gimmick.

The past is irrelevant to what these guys can give us now.

We don't even know who our 3rd string PG will be. In reality, Felton, Prigioni and Beno are all back up PG's fighting for a starting PG spot. Neither guy are top 20-25 PG material. They're C to C+ level PG's.... C+ at their best. You over hype it too much like Felton is CP3 and Beno is Jarret Jack. Calm it down.

The fact that you think our bench can become a playoff team makes you a jackass and unaware of the other rosters of the Eastern Conference. This is why you're a s.h.i.t. poster. You have your ass digged up all of the Knicks player's asses that your face is full of crap, therefor you elaborate on crappy thoughts and opinions. You can never think outside beyond asskissing the roster mindlessly, you lack critical thinking ability and re searchng teams throughout the league.

I post a lot, so why? I have more of a life than you can ever imagine. You're probably some lame looking dude who gets no culo (where in reality you would never have the confidence or balls to talk some weak smack)...lol, you don't want to start throwing insults at me man, I'm the worst in here when it comes to that. Ask around how many people ran away from this site crying with their emotions hurt and how many punks who tried to step up to me got flamed up and roasted for being a fool. I talk like this because I can actually back it up, don't cry about internet thugging. Just stop being weak and let this go before it'll be your biggest regret. Your basketball talk is weak and boringsome. You compare me to Melo, well I compare you to Jason Collins. A crappy boring overall game that no one cares about until you came out the closet for attention. Stay gay.

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The point is they could all still start on championship caliber teams. Actually any of them I named could start for the current nba champions. I'd take a bench of declining nba players over a bench of players trying to get on.