New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 2/9/2014 1:00PM

Broadway

All Star
MELO is NOT a top 5 player in the league......Top scorer yes but player cmon.,,,,,...

If all NBA players got thrown in a draft for next do you think Melo would be one of the top 5 picked ?

Delusional Lunacy thinking Melo is anywhere close to a Top 5 player....

ESPN had him ranked fairly accurately at 17th season's begin

ESPN was working on the daily double with the 37-45 season record prediction. The sad part about this...fans gnashed their teeth and pulled all their hairs out yet we're going to prove ESPN wrong and instead of looking like media haters, they were exceptionally generous.

All a result of a Melo led Knick team going nowhere today, tomorrow, nor 5yrs from now unless we erase this DUD Chimpmunk Head Greaseball Fraud.

Oh and btw I'm tired of the remaining cesspool of scummy dross that is this team. I go back and forth between....

Tyson Chandler's fake thug Quaker Oats Hulk-A-Mania act

Raymond Felton playing like a tired 19% body fat 5th grader on the neighborhood schoolyard blacktop

Iman 0 for 247fg shot havin 106 & Park Freestyle Friday Youtubin Dump Chumpert

Broadway

All Star
Uhhhh, here is the 2003 draft order: 1. Lebron 2. Darko Milicic 3. Melo 4. Chris Bosh 5. Dwayne Wade. So Miami's Big Three ALL came out with Melo and only Lebron was drafted higher than Melo. So answer your own question.

He's talking about today's current players. Throw them all in this summer's draft no way Melo goes 5. He gets drafted outside of the lottery slots 1-14....

He'd fall somewhere between 15-20. Several players lapped this knucklehead before the first mile....

Players I'd draft well before Melo

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Blake
George
Aldridge
Curry
Love
Westbrook
Lillard
Harden
Dirk(even at 35 helluva quiet winning season he's having)
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Wall
James Harden
* Derrick Rose
* Rondo

* last 2 if healthy

Melo is in the group below

Kyrie Irving
Luol Deng
Deron Williams
DeMar Derozan
Serge Ibaka
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol
DeAndre Jordan
Andre Iguodala
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Joahkim Noah
Kyle Lowry
Paul Milsap
Al Horford
Al Jefferson
Roy Hibbert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Zach Randolph
Demarcus Cousins
Tony Parker
Tim Duncan
Kemba Walker
Bradley Beal

And yes drafting guys before Melo can be understood as them being a better PLAYER than him, although not the complete validation. The majority of guys I listed picked before him are better PLAYERS, as are some on the bottom list.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Uhhhh, here is the 2003 draft order: 1. Lebron 2. Darko Milicic 3. Melo 4. Chris Bosh 5. Dwayne Wade. So Miami's Big Three ALL came out with Melo and only Lebron was drafted higher than Melo. So answer your own question.

Your kidding right ?
Today Feb 11th U are saying Melo is one of the top 5 players in the league.
NO WAY !!!

skisloper

Starter
He's talking about today's current players. Throw them all in this summer's draft no way Melo goes 5. He gets drafted outside of the lottery slots 1-14....

He'd fall somewhere between 15-20. Several players lapped this knucklehead before the first mile....

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Blake
George
Aldridge
Curry
Love
Westbrook
Lillard
Harden
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Wall
James Harden
* Derrick Rose
* Rondo

* last 2 if healthy

Kyrie Irving
Luol Deng
Deron Williams
DeMar Derozan
Serge Ibaka
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol
DeAndre Jordan
Andre Iguodala
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Joahkim Noah
Kyle Lowry
Paul Milsap
Al Horford
Al Jefferson
Roy Hibbert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Zach Randolph
Demarcus Cousins
Tony Parker
Tim Duncan
Kemba Walker
Bradley Beal

And yes drafting guys before Melo can be understood as them being a better PLAYER than him, although not the complete validation. The majority of guys I listed picked before him are better PLAYERS, as are some on the bottom list.

I cannot wait to see the answer of who JimChief thinks Melo should be in front of in your top 14.......I too am hoping u did not understand I meant currect day.

Broadway

All Star

Lebron
Durant
CP3
Blake
George
Aldridge
Curry
Love
Westbrook
Lillard
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Andre Drummond
Wall
* Derrick Rose
* Rondo

* last 2 if healthy

Kyrie Irving
Luol Deng
Deron Williams
DeMar Derozan
Serge Ibaka
Paul Pierce
Kevin Garnett
Dwayne Wade
Kobe Bryant
Pau Gasol
DeAndre Jordan
Andre Iguodala
Joe Johnson
Chris Bosh
Joahkim Noah
Kyle Lowry
Paul Milsap
Al Horford
Al Jefferson
Roy Hibbert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Zach Randolph
Demarcus Cousins
Tony Parker
Tim Duncan
Kemba Walker
Bradley Beal

And yes drafting guys before Melo can be understood as them being a better PLAYER than him, although not the complete validation. The majority of guys I listed picked before him are better PLAYERS, as are some on the bottom list

I cannot wait to see the answer of who JimChief thinks Melo should be in front of in your top 14.......I too am hoping u did not understand I meant currect day.

All the players in bold are without a shadow of a doubt if healthy better than Carmelo, best for best. In a playoff series etc etc. You can make cases for others being better.

Now would some players have strikes against them based on things like age and inexperience sure but they also have advantages much the same, especially when you're talking about building with or putting pieces around such players. As we've seen with Melo the past 12yrs and counting, it's virtually impossible to come up with the mad scientist combination that works.

I mean seriously if you're picking 5 guys to go against another 5 and you have 1 pick left no matter the team scenario I'm picking all those guys before Melo to complete my 5.

These 5 I probably take before him based on things being 50/50 flipping a coin....(Kyrie, Al Jefferson, Hibbert, Ibaka, Randolph). Meaning if I play Melo's team 10 times and the only difference being these 5 players and him.... I bet my team at a minimum wins 5 of those games.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Ok you hoops genius' do me favor and WIKI 2003 NBA draft and get back to me....As for your 2nd tier Melo list 3G....get real...The Bulls got rid of Luol(on your list) and plan on using their amnesty on a Boozer, all in hopes of getting Melo. Not Pau, Pierce, KG, but Melo. Check out ESPN Chicago or The Chicago Sun Times or Tribune if you don't believe me.

Broadway

All Star
Ok you hoops genius' do me favor and WIKI 2003 NBA draft and get back to me....As for your 2nd tier Melo list 3G....get real...The Bulls got rid of Luol(on your list) and plan on using their amnesty on a Boozer, all in hopes of getting Melo. Not Pau, Pierce, KG, but Melo. Check out ESPN Chicago or The Chicago Sun Times or Tribune if you don't believe me.

lol Hasheem Thabeet was drafted higher than Melo in his draft class should we channel his draft as a means, to validate his Top whatever status?

lol @ you clutching the fabricated highly speculative Yahoo contributor story. No major media outlet has validated this story as legit. But funny you didn't mention Stephen A. Smith(more credible source) saying if Melo leaves he would have the Bulls at the top of his list. Another story more credible from Yahoo states Melo prefers Chicago over Los Angeles.....So it goes both ways...you see what I did there or did it go right over your head? Not to mention the pursuit of players have many different factors involved such as availability and probability of landing a player.

Are you suggesting because the Bulls aren't pursuing Kevin Durant then this factors where Durant falls, in a Top 5 status or lower?

You mentioned Boozer..... guess how the Bulls got Boozer?.... by clearing cap to pursue him. Guess what else... the Bulls made a couple attempts the past 2yrs trading for Pau Gasol, so what irrelevant point are you trying to make there? Don't answer...none at all

Clearly sloper wasn't referring to any past draft. He was referring to pooling a current draft with current NBA players and how Melo would fair, Top 5 he would not.... Which of course, the very reason you did because you know your statement of Melo being a Top 5 player is PUI....Posting Under The Influence.

Dudes catch cases for this...time to send this to the authorities so they can lock you up in the bing up state, up north.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
lol Hasheem Thabeet was drafted higher than Melo in his draft class should we channel his draft as a means, to validate his Top whatever status?

lol @ you clutching the fabricated highly speculative Yahoo contributor story. No major media outlet has validated this story as legit. But funny you didn't mention Stephen A. Smith(more credible source) saying if Melo leaves he would have the Bulls at the top of his list. Another story more credible from Yahoo states Melo prefers Chicago over Los Angeles.....So it goes both ways...you see what I did there or did it go right over your head? Not to mention the pursuit of players have many different factors involved such as availability and probability of landing a player.

Are you suggesting because the Bulls aren't pursuing Kevin Durant then this factors where Durant falls, in a Top 5 status or lower?

You mentioned Boozer..... guess how the Bulls got Boozer?.... by clearing cap to pursue him. Guess what else... the Bulls made a couple attempts the past 2yrs trading for Pau Gasol, so what irrelevant point are you trying to make there? Don't answer...none at all

Clearly sloper wasn't referring to any past draft. He was referring to pooling a current draft with current NBA players and how Melo would fair, Top 5 he would not.... Which of course, the very reason you did because you know your statement of Melo being a Top 5 player is PUI....Posting Under The Influence.

Dudes catch cases for this...time to send this to the authorities so they can lock you up in the bing up state, up north.

Chief. If today there was a draft of all players in the nba with exactly who the players are today u really think melo would be a top 5.

So to u its Lebrun , Durant, Chris paul, George and u have the 5th pick and u take melo.

The bulls do not want a 30 year old melo for a max contact

KingCharles34

All Star
Not even gonna debate about Carmelo here. I've heard every argument and seen all the stats...At the end of the day if we had competent players around him he'd be in the MVP discussion and is averaging career highs in several different statistical categories

Broadway

All Star
Not even gonna debate about Carmelo here. I've heard every argument and seen all the stats...At the end of the day if we had competent players around him he'd be in the MVP discussion and is averaging career highs in several different statistical categories

Most players who have competent players around them generally have pretty good success. Why doesn't Melo make those around him better?

Melo is playing with a DPOY and 6MOY correct? How many players in the league play with such players? Melo got 1 1st place vote(for MVP) last year after the team won 54gms...sorry Melo still isn't highly regarded as some of you would lead on to believe. Melo has played with some pretty accomplished players throughout his career that some players never get to play with and yet he hasn't done much with it. He's not doing much now and most certainly won't do much in the future when he'll have even less talent around him.

paris401

Starter
Why doesn't Melo make those around him better?

maybe because they suck... take all 3 of our pg's.. prick/gass/Pillsbury dough boy... if u took the best attribute's of each and combine em into 1 player, u still don't have a good pg

let's see who else... ohhh... the I'Talian... u could surround him with wilt,ocsar,west,mj... and he would still blow..

need I even mention jr... I didn't think so...

and I agree with ya that 'great' players elevate everyone around them... and here's a scary thought... maybe melo is elevating the players around him.... and the players suck even more then we think...ouch...

Broadway

All Star
maybe because they suck... take all 3 of our pg's.. prick/gass/Pillsbury dough boy... if u took the best attribute's of each and combine em into 1 player, u still don't have a good pg

let's see who else... ohhh... the I'Talian... u could surround him with wilt,ocsar,west,mj... and he would still blow..

and I agree with ya that 'great' players elevate everyone around them... and here's a scary thought... maybe melo is elevating the players around him.... and the players suck even more then we think...ouch...

Nice try but it probably speaks of the fact of how good Kidd was for us last year more than anything else. Especially first half of the season. Not to mention if you look through Melo's catalog as a player, you can't find anyone he's made better throughout his career. You see when I made the statement it wasn't exclusive to this year's team, it was surmising Melo's career in general. Some fault can be placed with coaching too

Because Felton was a better player under Larry Brown

Because Tyson was at his best playing alongside Dirk and under Rick Carlisle or with CP3 in NOH under

Because Bargnani was a better player alongside Chris Bosh and under Smitch

Iman Shumpert is regressing and never has been that good with Melo

Beno was a better player, playing alongside Kevin Martin and Metta under Rick Adelman

I can't name 1 player in Melo's career where I can say yeah he elevated his play or got him paid, except maybe possibly Linas Kleiza and that's reaching(probably more so George Karl's doing)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chief. If today there was a draft of all players in the nba with exactly who the players are today u really think melo would be a top 5.

So to u its Lebrun , Durant, Chris paul, George and u have the 5th pick and u take melo.

The bulls do not want a 30 year old melo for a max contact

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-yorkknicks&id=53172

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NBA_draft

So here are my sources so read please and get back at me and Melo is currently 2nd in scoring this year after winning the scoring title last year.

jimkcchief88

All Star

That's the point now isn't it. Bargaini is getting a pass even tho he was a former #1 pick. Look how much better the Raptors are without Bargiani and how much worse our Knicks are with Bargiani, but that's all Melo's fault too I guess for not making him better. I guess Melo is supposed too shoot for Bargs so Bargs doesn't shoot 43% from the field, 27% from 3. And while Melo is at it he should dribble for Bargs as well so Bargs assist to turnover ratio gets better(1.2/1.6).:)

skisloper

Starter
That's the point now isn't it. Bargaini is getting a pass even tho he was a former #1 pick. Look how much better the Raptors are without Bargiani and how much worse our Knicks are with Bargiani, but that's all Melo's fault too I guess for not making him better. I guess Melo is supposed too shoot for Bargs so Bargs doesn't shoot 43% from the field, 27% from 3. And while Melo is at it he should dribble for Bargs as well so Bargs assist to turnover ratio gets better(1.2/1.6).:)

The question posed was if all NBA players in the league today were thrown into a draft and u had to sign the player for a 3 year Max contract would MELO be one of the top 5 picked by a team. My answer is NO .....U ?

skisloper

Starter
The question posed was if all NBA players in the league today were thrown into a draft and u had to sign the player for a 3 year Max contract would MELO be one of the top 5 picked by a team. My answer is NO .....U ?

to clarify this today not 5 years ago.

Broadway

All Star
to clarify this today not 5 years ago.

jimcheif can play stuffed animal all he wants, we all know what you meant but now he wants to change the conversation making Bargnani the focal point of blame.

The Melo Thespians who are strumming their harps and puffing on flutes.....while writing love songs to Melo will eventually have to do 2 things in order to live in a world of reality.

- Stop overrating this Bum

- Stop absolving him from any blame

If they manage to stop doing those 2 things, then everything will remain calm instead of nuclear.

jimkcchief88

All Star

Dude see NOW you are being unreasonable. Drafts aren't evaluated like you are talking about an you know it. Draftees are rated against their contemporaries and Melo was at the top if his class, which is widely recognized as one of the best ever. What you are talking about is a bad "what if???" Comic book. Why stop there???? Let's just throw Wilt, Kareem, Majic, Bird, the Big O, and every other NBA player EVER drafted into the mix then. That's what you are talking about. Laughable. I'm done. This is beyond retarded. You and 3GDumE win on Chief.

skisloper

Starter
Dude see NOW you are being unreasonable. Drafts aren't evaluated like you are talking about an you know it. Draftees are rated against their contemporaries and Melo was at the top if his class, which is widely recognized as one of the best ever. What you are talking about is a bad "what if???" Comic book. Why stop there???? Let's just throw Wilt, Kareem, Majic, Bird, the Big O, and every other NBA player EVER drafted into the mix then. That's what you are talking about. Laughable. I'm done. This is beyond retarded. You and 3GDumE win on Chief.

Let me make it simpler.............If you think Melo today is one of the Top 5 NBA players.....please tell me who joins him 1-5 and who does not in 6-10..............is that better ?

skisloper

Starter
Let me make it simpler.............If you think Melo today is one of the Top 5 NBA players.....please tell me who joins him 1-5 and who does not in 6-10..............is that better ?

AGAIN in the league Today, their current age....today today today