New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder Game Thread 1/6/09

Who will lead the Knicks in scoring against the Thunder?

• Al Harrington

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Wilson Chandler

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • David Lee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Ouch. We needed some more momentum. Our next three games wont be so easily won...

1-8-09- @ Dallas
1-10-09- @ Houston
1-12-09- @ New Orleans

The only good news is after this we're going back to MSG to play Washington...

Paul1355

All Star
These refs are ass tonight... Awful officiating.. I'm glad we got our heads out of our asses though... Thank god! Lets go knicks!!

I agree bro this was a horrible job done by the refs.

The Knicks got KILLED int eh 4th quarter with all of these hits that should have been fouls.

The Knicks did a great job in getting steals and creating turnovers but their defense in trying to contest and block shots was an F that was the main reason why they could never gain enough momentum to win.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Pressure either busts pipes or... yeah we got no diamonds on our team huh? This is the most disgusted I've been in awhile, I have typically watched every putrid second of knicks action over the past handful of years but I now own my own house and had to walk upstairs for awhile cuz I threw everything that couldnt break already and was left with only things like remotes I would later regret. Comeback attempt or not, this was absolute crap. I didn't think I'd be one to open this up, but I miss Marbs as we failed to get to the rim and repeatedly chucked awful 3s. Adding to how pissed I am is the fact that the refs did indeed seem to have money on the Thunder with some of those awful calls (tho I respect the double foul jump ball call). I know deep down that I will still watch all 82 and hope like hell for wins, but at the moment I wish we'd lose out the rest of the way and improve in the draft. LMAO just when we were making me happy with a comeback I saw Gallinari in a suit.:barf:

JayJ44

Starter
What pisses me off is that we could have won this game at one point. When we were only down by 2, there were many wasted possesions. Nate and Harrington are mostly to blame, they kept going one on one, and it ended basically in turonovers most of the time. We were lucky to get back in it. After that bad call from the ref Duhon got on fire, followed by Harrington's hot streak. It's because of them we got back in it. At least people won't think it was a blowout when they look at the score.

Either way, we played like garbage. Our defense was non-existent most of the game, and our offense struggled. They probably figured they could give little effort against the Thunder and get away with it. But we're not good enough to get away with it yet, I guess too much over-confidence from the Celtics game.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
What pisses me off is that we could have won this game at one point. When we were only down by 2, there were many wasted possesions. Nate and Harrington are mostly to blame, they kept going one on one, and it ended basically in turonovers most of the time. We were lucky to get back in it. After that bad call from the ref Duhon got on fire, followed by Harrington's hot streak. It's because of them we got back in it. At least people won't think it was a blowout when they look at the score.

Either way, we played like garbage. Our defense was non-existent most of the game, and our offense struggled. They probably figured they could give little effort against the Thunder and get away with it. But we're not good enough to get away with it yet, I guess too much over-confidence from the Celtics game.

Jay,im glad you brung this up b/c I totally agree with this statment.Nate and Harrington are good players but for some reason they go threw stretchs thinking they are the ones that HAVE to shoot it.To be honest I have seen Harrington do this since he has came here and im thinking that it has rubed off of Nate b/c he never done it until about two weeks ago.The whole team sucked tonight but I to blame the lost on Nate and Harrington.

What pisses me off even more is that Dantoni does'nt chew them out for doing bonehead things.He chewed out Lee and theres no reason why he should let them off the hook.

Red

TYPE-A
Nice Crawford impression by Nate. He goes iso like 4 straight plays...

Well, made up my mind for me of who i'd rather have.

DLee > Nate

Trade Nate while his value is high. He is trash.

Co-Sign....no disrespect but Lee can help us more than Nate. Nate is like a David Wesley type smaller sg. He is nice with his (no homo) but in actuallity will cost too much for what he offers. THE KNICKS MUST TRADE HIM B4 THE DEADLINE WHILE A TEAM IS WILLING! No disrespect to N8 fans but imo teams see him as an energy type combo gd maybe a poor mans CP3. We don't need that right now for the $ he will command. Its time to cut your loses and get some value back.

Kiyaman

Legend
Not aiming anything at anyone....but as a Knick fan I notice our confidence level has dropped tremendously (before and after this game).....if anyone could call something like this catastrophy Thunders game ahead of time....then they too....have less confidence in our coach (Mike Dantoni's system).
A loss like this gets the average (10 wins) NBA coach FIRED around this time of the season. Especially, when the coach is clueless in the 33rd game of the season.....at when to call a time-out after his players went on a run playing one on one and turned the oposing team 23 point lead into a 8 point lead with 5 minutes remaining in the game.

It was the Thunders calling time-out that got the Knicks rest to reduce the lead to 4 points with 3 minutes remaining.
The Knick players were tired and needed a rest to recharge their energy plus some coaching talk on how (they reduce the lead) to keep getting the ball inside the paint to draw the foul to stop the clock.
Coach Dantoni did not do any of this.... so Players started shooting 3-balls for no other reason than they were tired and their teammates were tired too. Where was the Knick Head Coach at.....when they needed some inside the paint strategy in the last 3 minutes of the game....rather than shoot hell mary's from outside?

Is Dantoni telling these players to throw-up 3's?
is Dantoni selecting certain players to shoot 3's?
is Dantoni calling the plays to shoot 3's?
These are the thing I look at the most about the Knicks now that they became a WIN by the 3's.....or DIE by the 3's team...

clumsy

Rotation player
for the David Lee dick rider here is why D Lee got chewed out. +/- is a misleading stat but...

Here is his stat line yesterday
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysptblthbody1 yspboxscore-columnheader-row" align="right"><td class="yspdetailttl player" align="left" width="17%" height="18">Starters </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="4%">
</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Min</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">FG</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="6%">3Pt</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="6%">FT</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="6%">+/-</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Off</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Reb</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Ast</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">TO</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">Stl</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">BS</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">BA</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="5%">PF</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Pts</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" align="right"><td class="player" align="left"> D. Lee </td> <td class="player"> F </td> <td>35:23</td> <td>5-9</td> <td>0-0</td> <td>4-4</td> <td> -25 </td> <td>4</td> <td>13</td> <td>2</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>3</td> <td>4</td> <td>14</td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="ysprow2" align="right"><td class="player" align="left"> N. Robinson </td> <td class="player">
</td> <td>34:23</td> <td>4-18</td> <td>0-7</td> <td>4-4</td> <td> +6 </td> <td>2</td> <td>6</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>5</td> <td>12 </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow1" align="right"> <td class="player" align="left"> A. Harrington </td> <td class="player">
</td> <td>32:38</td> <td>8-15</td> <td>4-6</td> <td>1-2</td> <td> +9 </td> <td>0</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>21 </td> </tr> <tr class="ysprow2" align="right"> <td class="player" align="left"> T. Thomas </td> <td class="player">
</td> <td>16:21</td> <td>2-2</td> <td>1-1</td> <td>3-3</td> <td> +21 </td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>8</td></tr></tbody></table>

clumsy

Rotation player
The stat is misleading as hell. But basically a way to interpret it is that they knew they could take advantage of our interior defense.

Also i agree Nate does not command the money he's probably going to get.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Co-Sign....no disrespect but Lee can help us more than Nate. Nate is like a David Wesley type smaller sg. He is nice with his (no homo) but in actuallity will cost too much for what he offers. THE KNICKS MUST TRADE HIM B4 THE DEADLINE WHILE A TEAM IS WILLING! No disrespect to N8 fans but imo teams see him as an energy type combo gd maybe a poor mans CP3. We don't need that right now for the $ he will command. Its time to cut your loses and get some value back.

nate isnt like cp3 at all....

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think people are being too hard on Nate Robinson. He usually plays well. He just had a rough game.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Tough loss....I was really impressed with Kevin Durant. Hes built like a taller version of Crawford. I remember thinking last year that he reminded me of Crawford the way he played. This year he doesnt remind me of Crawford at all. Hes really stepped up his game, his shooting percentages, his rebounding, everything. This guys gonna be a great player. I was wrong about him, I predicted that he'll never be the player everyone thought he was gonna be. I take that back now. Hes athletic, hes got long arms and a good shot. I cant think of any players that match up good with him. That teams gonna be good someday. With Durant, Westbrook and Green, give them a couple years and they'll be a playoff team.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Tough loss....I was really impressed with Kevin Durant. Hes built like a taller version of Crawford. I remember thinking last year that he reminded me of Crawford the way he played. This year he doesnt remind me of Crawford at all. Hes really stepped up his game, his shooting percentages, his rebounding, everything. This guys gonna be a great player. I was wrong about him, I predicted that he'll never be the player everyone thought he was gonna be. I take that back now. Hes athletic, hes got long arms and a good shot. I cant think of any players that match up good with him. That teams gonna be good someday. With Durant, Westbrook and Green, give them a couple years and they'll be a playoff team.

i agree with ur analysis. last year he was a high volume shooter aka crawford, and had a poor fg %. this year i have seen the improvement. hes embracing the role of being the #1 option on an NBA team. last year jeff green dissapointed me 2. but this year he looks like a great compliment to durant. and westbrook is much better than he gets credit for. lets not forget he only played one year of college, and hes playing a different position than he was in college. the sky is the limit for these 3 players, and this draft cud hold in store for them a true big man like blake griffen or hasheem thabeet. right now these guys r to young to lead a team anywhere, considering how they r playin with a bunch of scrubs. but with the right draft pick, smart FA signing, and the development of those 3, i see this team makin oklamhoma city fans proud (though they really need to change their name :/ )