Official Dolan Appreciation Thread

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Listen, I know many don't like Dolan but I have to give him some props. The guy is willing to spend millions to bring a winner to NYC. He has never strayed from being over the cap paying millions in luxury tax. He did not hesitate to amnesty Billups and pay his 14+ million salary in addition to newly acquired Tyson.

Now it appears he talked B-diddy into taking the vet min salary so we could use our 2.5 mil exception on rounding out the bench.

Source says NY owner James Dolan convinced Davis it was worth sacrifice to keep Knicks in running for other vets (James Posey among them)

He may have made some mistakes and he at times can come off as an arrogant ass but I am officially giving this dude his much earned recognition! One thing is for sure he will not hesitate to spend if he thinks it can give us Knick fans a ring.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dolan:
- hired Walsh;
- convinced STAT to play for the post Thomas trash Knicks;
- stepped up and traded for Anthony;
- hired Grunwald;
- amnestied Billups;
- offered Chandler some big $$$;
- convinced Davis to take veteran minimum;
- developed a fantastic sports channel that covers his Knicks with Breen, Clyde and lovely Tina Cervasio.

Everyone, you can laugh on me, but I officially forgive Dolan all that crap that took place after he hired Thomas.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Word. Dolan is an egotistical ass but he's given me the best Xmas present I'll get this year... A good Knick team.

I appreciate his deep pockets and willingness to spend aswell.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well, you gotta remember the reason Donnie is no longer here is because Dolan would not butt out of the Melo deal and would not sign off on a deal with Walsh that would forbid him for doing so in the future, and this is still a man who had to be convinced recently that Isiah was a cancer to the organization. And as long as he is around, Isiah will forever be linked to our team!

Things he has done recently I liked/things I like about him

1.Voice of reason during the lockout, kinda felt good to hear that!
2. He is not Mark Cuban, but his players all seem to like him.
3.I love his commitment to Allan Houston, Allan is a good dude and I like how he is being molded into a front office guy for us.

But....it is far too early to be talking about a full redemption from Knick fans (in my humble opinion).

Lets just start by turning over a New Leaf! :thumbsup:

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Knicks have been far too irrelevant for far too long for me to forgive him. Give me a decade of competence and Ill forgive 100%.

I am only 26 but through my teenage years watching the knicks in the 90's was amazing.

Paul1355

All Star
Listen, I know many don't like Dolan but I have to give him some props. The guy is willing to spend millions to bring a winner to NYC. He has never strayed from being over the cap paying millions in luxury tax. He did not hesitate to amnesty Billups and pay his 14+ million salary in addition to newly acquired Tyson.

Now it appears he talked B-diddy into taking the vet min salary so we could use our 2.5 mil exception on rounding out the bench.

He may have made some mistakes and he at times can come off as an arrogant ass but I am officially giving this dude his much earned recognition! One thing is for sure he will not hesitate to spend if he thinks it can give us Knick fans a ring.
Since Isiah left, Dolan has been a positive.

I still can't stand him for putting us through the misery of Isiah Thomas and I was too young to remember Scott Layden, if thats his name lol

But I know Dolan just put too much trust in the wrong guy, hopefully he shows that trust to Grunwald, who is becoming a fine GM.

CoolClyde

James Dolan Idiot

sorry, the guy is a c*cksucker, born with a silver spoon in his mouth,
who sticks his stupid face where it doesn't belong way too many times,
needs to have HIS picture taken with stars to make sure everyone knows
it's HIS team, still remains friends with Zeke after all the BS, bad signings,
sexual harassment, blown millions etc.

the 3/4 billion dollar facelift MSG is getting will be coming out of pockets
of the fans, and is being done to make better seats for high rollers and
corporate interests. the $300 wheelchair seats have gone up to over $2500.

real fans cannot afford to attend Knick games, and those who can afford
them will rarely sit courtside or up to 100 section unless you know someone
with a corporate ticket account who can take their ticket purchases off as
"entertainment expense" on their taxes. Ever try to buy season tickets
in the good seats? INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE or UNAVAILABLE because of
corporate interests.

D'oh-lan and MSG's corporate interests prevented another stadium from being
built on the west side of town year ago, total BS that prevented a football team
from playing in NYC, because it COULD have been an arena for basketball.
I may be wrong on this one, but I know MSG corporate prevented this from happening.

MSG on Cable has been taken off Time Warner Cable in the past and threatens
to be taken off again, because MSG wants MORE MONEY from TWC. Damn that
D'oh-lan and his corporate scheming, keeping NY b-ball from millions of fans.

D'ohlan was stupid enough to pay Allan Houston 100 million dollars and
raised the entire bar for paying players in the first place. He's a corporate
pantywaste who doesn't have a clue, is a shitty guitar player and singer who
leads a shitty band, and is a shithead.

PLEASE. just because someone spends money doesn't mean he knows what
he's doing. you can thanks Donnie Walsh for making the Knicks relevant
again, and that was not D'oh-lan's doing. It was D'oh-lans undoing to make
Donnie leave because he can't keep his stupid face and fingers out of the pot
that stirs the Knicks.

google "James Dolan Idiot" and see how many threads come up.

rant rant pant pant.
:2cents:

Forrest17

Rotation player
I won't give Dolan an ounce of gratitude for anything unless the Knicks threepeat.

This team was crap for over 10 years because of him. We seem to have a pretty good team this season but we should have had teams like this for a while. I stopped watching basketball for close to 6 years all together because I couldn't handle how horrible we were.

carlhil2

Benchwarmer
as quite as kept, i hope that, at the end of the day, we find out that Zeke was running s*#t from the cut, damn, it will be str8 COMEDY as guys put up "the Zeke appreciation thread", isn't "Dolan Appreciation" an oxymoron?:cool:[just kidding]

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Knicks have been far too irrelevant for far too long for me to forgive him. Give me a decade of competence and Ill forgive 100%.

I am only 26 but through my teenage years watching the knicks in the 90's was amazing.
lol whats with your sig?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Believe me the past decade won't be forgotten this easily. itll take at least 2 championships. last winner i saw out the knicks i was 9 in 99. i grew up watching a loser, so itll take me time to fully forgive, but ill say this. he's really stepped up and well on his way to getting that exemption. #almostthere

iSaYughh

Starter
sorry, the guy is a c*cksucker, born with a silver spoon in his mouth,
who sticks his stupid face where it doesn't belong way too many times,
needs to have HIS picture taken with stars to make sure everyone knows
it's HIS team, still remains friends with Zeke after all the BS, bad signings,
sexual harassment, blown millions etc.

the 3/4 billion dollar facelift MSG is getting will be coming out of pockets
of the fans, and is being done to make better seats for high rollers and
corporate interests. the $300 wheelchair seats have gone up to over $2500.

real fans cannot afford to attend Knick games, and those who can afford
them will rarely sit courtside or up to 100 section unless you know someone
with a corporate ticket account who can take their ticket purchases off as
"entertainment expense" on their taxes. Ever try to buy season tickets
in the good seats? INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE or UNAVAILABLE because of
corporate interests.

D'oh-lan and MSG's corporate interests prevented another stadium from being
built on the west side of town year ago, total BS that prevented a football team
from playing in NYC, because it COULD have been an arena for basketball.
I may be wrong on this one, but I know MSG corporate prevented this from happening.

MSG on Cable has been taken off Time Warner Cable in the past and threatens
to be taken off again, because MSG wants MORE MONEY from TWC. Damn that
D'oh-lan and his corporate scheming, keeping NY b-ball from millions of fans.

D'ohlan was stupid enough to pay Allan Houston 100 million dollars and
raised the entire bar for paying players in the first place. He's a corporate
pantywaste who doesn't have a clue, is a shitty guitar player and singer who
leads a shitty band, and is a shithead.

PLEASE. just because someone spends money doesn't mean he knows what
he's doing. you can thanks Donnie Walsh for making the Knicks relevant
again, and that was not D'oh-lan's doing. It was D'oh-lans undoing to make
Donnie leave because he can't keep his stupid face and fingers out of the pot
that stirs the Knicks.

google "James Dolan Idiot" and see how many threads come up.

rant rant pant pant.
:2cents:

:aplause: :aplause: :aplause:

I'm with DatPrince that we are on the right course for Dolan Appeciation.

I'm willing to *FORGIVE* Dolal, because we finally have a sick team to watch and why waste Haterade on Dolan and the past when we can just enjoy the team....But I won't appreciate the man himself less he keeps his mitts out of operations, doesn't repeat his past mistakes, and we stay a winning team.

I am deeply thankful Dolan's pops has bequeathed him the bankroll he has, and that being stingy isn't in his character -- it's huge to have an owner willing to spend.

However, Dolan has always been OK with re-investing his fortune into the franchise. The problem is that very ability was just a hinderance to both the NY Knicks AND Rangers, which suffered on a grand scale for years because of him. Even his mega millions couldn't reduce the blunt force trauma he caused.

Impressively, Dolan prolly destroyed the Rangers worse than the Knicks, too; the fact Dolan basically ran a franchise with Yankee-esque capabilities into the equivalent of the Royals is just LOL....

Plus, idk if we should even be grateful for Dolan's pockets, so much as the glory of New York, the history of the Knicks, and the great basketball city we've always been.

Dolan allowed and fostered such losing and shame onto the team for years upon years. It's a testament to city, fans, and legacy that we could one in the same allow such an owner, and not allow him to cripple the franchise entirely.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
he was basically forced by the nba into hiring walsh also if i remember correctly.

we may have very well still been being mismanaged if david stern hadnt stepped in and forced him to make a prudent selection for gm. smh

dolan is one these guys that cant get out of his own way. hes not a leader.

seeing some of the above posts w reminders of past **** ups brings out old angst.

he deserves SOME credit for our current product tho. this team is going to be good.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Not to mention that David Stern basically had to stop him from hiring Isiah Thomas as a consultant.

What a ****ing tool. Dolan has allowed us to do decently as of late, but it doesn't change the fact that he really screwed the pooch for a long long time.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Way toooo premature to even give him any props. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Yes he opened up his pockets and yes he took some strides in the right direction but at the end of the day we need some conference titles and league championships.

Also lets not forget without uncle Donnie this all would not be possible. So if any respect or appreaciation needs to be given lets do it right.