This team is NOT Melo vs Lin

smokes

Huge Member
I don't get why a lot of people are constantly getting on Lin's back and blaming him for Melo's struggles. When Melo and Lin do not connect it's not Lin's fault, or Melo's fault... It's both of their fault.

Melo and Lin are good friends. In fact it was reported than Melo is closest to Lin of all the players on the team. It was Melo who first told MDA to play Lin, all the way back at the start of Feb.

Tonight Lin played great when we needed him to in the 4th. He made some mistakes but Melo was lackluster at that point. After the game was more or less sealed Melo made a few nice plays down the stretch to ensure the W.

Both players had good games overall and should be praised not hounded.

:gony:

Lin needs to do more off ball work. He relies almost exclusively on the pick and roll and if a team stops that (Miami) then he is useless. We should have sets where Melo receives the ball in the post and lin makes a fake cut to him then he cuts to the basket or have him come off more screens from midrange.

I know this thread was directed at me because of what i said in the game thread but the truth is we need to force our superstars to man up. We can go on a 10 game winning streak but in the playoffs WE ARE NOT winning games like this.

Melo needs to be isolated and Amar'e also. Lin cannot be counted on against teams that load up on pick and rolls and apply pressure to him, We need to establish our stars perimeter game which will open up their driving lanes. Melo could not penetrate because indiana did not care if he shot from outside so he had no slashing lanes. If Melo plays like this in the playoffs we will murder him and its not his fault it is just that he is not getting established from the get go so he can stay consistent throughout the game and not in little spurts.

I like the winning but this style or play calling is not going to get us deep in the playoffs when our superstars cant go pound for pound with the other teams stars who are lighting us up and no body can respond or not enough players cant respond because maybe Lin is the only one having a good game, but that is a stretch because we have seen what Miami has done to him so who can say that wont pop up again?

Melo and Amar'e will be needed to match up with the production that Dwyane Wade and Lebron will give and not just Jeremy Lin.

smokes

Huge Member
Lin needs to do more off ball work. He relies almost exclusively on the pick and roll and if a team stops that (Miami) then he is useless. We should have sets where Melo receives the ball in the post and lin makes a fake cut to him then he cuts to the basket or have him come off more screens from midrange.

I know this thread was directed at me because of what i said in the game thread but the truth is we need to force our superstars to man up. We can go on a 10 game winning streak but in the playoffs WE ARE NOT winning games like this.

Melo needs to be isolated and Amar'e also. Lin cannot be counted on against teams that load up on pick and rolls and apply pressure to him, We need to establish our stars perimeter game which will open up their driving lanes. Melo could not penetrate because indiana did not care if he shot from outside so he had no slashing lanes. If Melo plays like this in the playoffs we will murder him and its not his fault it is just that he is not getting established from the get go so he can stay consistent throughout the game and not in little spurts.

I like the winning but this style or play calling is not going to get us deep in the playoffs when our superstars cant go pound for pound with the other teams stars who are lighting us up and no body can respond or not enough players cant respond because maybe Lin is the only one having a good game, but that is a stretch because we have seen what Miami has done to him so who can say that wont pop up again?

Melo and Amar'e will be needed to match up with the production that Dwyane Wade and Lebron will give and not just Jeremy Lin.

Not directed at you at all... There are severel members of "#Team Melo" who just hound Lin game after game for every little mistake. The same kinda people who were all over STAT and inspired me to make the Official Support STAT thread.

Lin is not useless when the pick n roll isn't working they didn't get a lot of pick n roll in the 4th tonight and Lin did his thing. Of course he plays his best in the pick n roll but he's not a one trick pony as some people seem to think.

We already know Melo and STAT are going to see more touches Woodson has alluded to this already.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
good job on the d side ,also.

i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.:barf:

smokes

Huge Member
lin said they weren't allowing melo breathing room. so, yeah one of those nights. but, melo play good enough not force things and kick it back out.
good job on the d side ,also.

i was still angry at stat. this guy turns around/away while wide open collison got free from a pnr switch.:barf:

STAT playing a lot better overall even on the defensive end though. Very few players play perfect D in the NBA, STAT has become an average defender in the last 3 games which is good for the Knicks.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I don't really have any issue with Lin and Melo I still think he looks for Fields a little more than melo but whatever, the player I feel Lin needs to work with or look for most is Amare it still seems like he misses Amare a lot to me. Before it was Amare not setting good enough screens for Lin but lately he's been setting good screens but Lin just can't seem to find him they need to start connecting because that would be a huge plus for the Knicks offense.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I must admit i Bash Lin alot but i also give him his props when he does do good. Its more of a frustration bashing rather than a " I hate Lin you suck kind of bashing" on some nights i think he looks for his shot more than passing the ball and then his force to the basket turnovers really urk me, then i have to remember he is basically still a rookie and will make mistakes here and there.

Overall Lin is a pretty good player there is no denying that.

If Amare keeps up the good defense i have to stop bashing him to, though i will never get over the amount of times he's been rejected this season -__-

Landry fields -- if this guy does not start hitting free throws and making his 3 point shot ill probably shoot myself in the foot he deserves a bashing.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Jeremy Lin is a second year player who barely got any playing time yet managed to put up 15 points and 6.4 assists per game.

Anyone blaming Lin is a hater. Plain and simple.

CarJELLO CANThony is making 20 million dollars a year. If he doesn't play well, it's his fault. Bottom line. We're not talking about winning games. We're talking about FIELD GOAL ACCURACY, DEFENSE, AND PASSING THE BALL. Anthony is responsible for his own productivity. Bottom line.

In the last 3 games, I see JELLO passing more, playing good defense, and he's only attempting 12 shots per game. This is the JELLO we need to continue to see, if the Knicks want to make the playoffs. If CANThony starts jacking up 18-20 shots per game again, then you can kiss the playoffs good-bye.

And I wonder what happened to the people who thought CarJELLO didn't lose a step? He obviously lost a step offensively, or else Woodson would have continued to allow him to take 18-20 shots per game.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
I understand that Lin is really a rookie, an undrafted one at that. Normally our expectation of this type of players is very low but after the Linsanity, will we ever look at Lin as just another player? Probably not and that's why he is getting some star treatment by the refs.

Having said that, Lin deserves all the criticisms. He is a TO machine. I don't care if he makes peanuts now but if he is the starting PG for the Knicks, he needs to perform at certain level for the team to have a chance.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Jeremy Lin is a second year player who barely got any playing time yet managed to put up 15 points and 6.4 assists per game.

Anyone blaming Lin is a hater. Plain and simple.

What are you talking about yea Lin played well for the most part vs Indy last night but his TO's have been ridiculous and since Linsanity ended up until last night he's done a very poor job being a playmaker.

Like Almost_Famous718 said his TO's annoy me too because he seems to keep putting himself in these bad situation and besides last night hadn't shown any growth in that department. And like I said in my other post he still does a terrible job finding STAT on the Pick and Rolls when before it was STAT setting bad picks now it's Lin not finding him.

But with all that said I still think he's gonna be a good player and he played well last night. I want him to succeed but he still has a lot to prove especially against very aggressive defensive teams on the road hopefully he gets to that point by playoff time.

petescud

Starter
Yeah there's no doubt that the starters all like LIN. Melo was more frustrated with himself then not liking LIN. Looks great these past three games to see our starters on the bench resting. With Dantoni these guys looked like chickens without a head, cause he makes no adjustments

Benchwarmer
Just my personal opinion but I think it has to do with racial pride,
which tends to become racism. Which is a shame because I don't
see that the players feel this way. At least, not outwardly.

Racial pride is a wonderful thing, but it gets in the way of objectivity.

smokes

Huge Member
I don't think it has anything to do with race on these boards.

I think the main issue is that the Melo supporters are generally the MDA haters. Lin is kinda seen as an extension of MDA at the moment because a lot of people attribute his rise as a benefit of MDA running everything through the point.

Lin is gonna have a long successful career regardless of MDA and people shouldn't bother to connect the two of them anymore.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It's hard to enjoy Melo as much as I usually would lately. Thinking about fans groaning because he dares to hold onto the ball more than two seconds irks me. Yes he's not playing as well as early on in the season, but he might have lost some rhythm from the injuries. Lin can take a ton of dribbles and put up bad shots, yet people are probably getting pissed at Melo for even posting up.

I'm a fan of both of them. I agree, this needs to end. I'm not even negative about Amar'e lately.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
It's hard to enjoy Melo as much as I usually would lately. Thinking about fans groaning because he dares to hold onto the ball more than two seconds irks me. Yes he's not playing as well as early on in the season, but he might have lost some rhythm from the injury. Lin can take a ton of dribbles and put up bad shots, yet people are probably getting pissed at Melo for even posting up.

I'm a fan of both of them. I agree, this needs to end. I'm not even negative about Amar'e lately.

Melo is a beast bottom line. He's played pretty badly all season but I'm sure he's gonna have plenty more 30pt games for the Knicks. I don't think he gives a shit about people groaning, hopefully he won't take it to heart.

He's been working hard most of the time since the firing of mda. It's annoying when people complain that he's not getting looks when on occasion he makes almost no effort (early-mid 4th @ pacers). As soon as he runs round a screen and gets open he gets the ball 75% of the time.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo is a beast bottom line. He's played pretty badly all season but I'm sure he's gonna have plenty more 30pt games for the Knicks. I don't think he gives a shit about people groaning, hopefully he won't take it to heart.

He's been working hard most of the time since the firing of mda. It's annoying when people complain that he's not getting looks when on occasion he makes almost no effort (early-mid 4th @ pacers). As soon as he runs round a screen and gets open he gets the ball 75% of the time.
It seems as if the fans are kinda getting in his head. When he played in Indiana he seemed more comfortable shooting.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
It seems as if the fans are kinda getting in his head. When he played in Indiana he seemed more comfortable shooting.

I think Melo cares a lot about what fans think of him. That's why he came out during Linsanity to say that he would fit right in with Lin.

Lest we forget, Melo has always been a volume shooter. He needs to take a lot of shots to get into rhythm. For Melo to be unselfish, he will not be as effective as a scorer. You make the choice.

iSaYughh

Starter

:agreed:

The no looks have been a byproduct of that (effort) and beefing with D'antoni/Lin prior.

He is a beast, tho. :smokin: