Carmelo Anthony Discussion Thread - All Things Melo

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What board?
Non-Knicks. There's a wrestling site that has a bunch of features I subscribe to that has a board.

Just imagine a bunch of posters having no-life calling each other cunts all day and think it's funny. And they're adults. None of them gets banned either

I will take any lunacy like these threads over that.

Not that I think this doesn't deserve to get some heat.

iSaYughh

Starter
Knick60 gives it away only in the subtleties, a true pro.

An *injured* Chandler and Gallo over Melo, eg.

He was a macot brought here to sell tickets...lmfao.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I should have gotten into politics.I really have the ability to persuade people in to believing my irony.

You've got so many people on here taking you seriously though.

I tried to tell kblack once that you were joshing and he didn't buy it. And he's a lawyer for christ sakes.. or in law school or something like that.

He's got your "irony" as his sig for crying out loud lol...

Every player I call out goes on a MVP run

look at Stat is a Fraud
one week before Stat went 9
games 30+
Now Melo is a fraud
and he's been killing

:peace::peace::peace:

TakMan

Rotation player
Knicksin60 for all your sarcasm you may have unwillingly made a valid point. I reckon if Chinese basketball progresses a rapidly as their economy has, it will soon overtake the NBA as the best league in the world. If that happens, Anthony may well be playing in China within 5 years.

look at Stat is a Fraud
games 30+
Now Melo is a fraud
and he's been killing

Melo has been legit for the last 5-6 years. I haven't seen him play like shit once since beeing a Knick. Yeah he's had his fair share of problems adapting to this team, but even then he's scored 20 or more all the time. Now he's just on a killing spree. Melo is the type of guy who could put up a streak of 10 consecutive 40pt games if he really wanted to.
He's probably the most talented scorer the Knicks have ever had (maybe second behind Bernard King).

iSaYughh

Starter
Chinese basketball isn't going to do shit.

A legit NBA players n talents -- or most anyone actually -- is going to want to go TO China to play their career?
:barf:

Communist country, holmes. When NBA star tries to go tweet or fb, and discovers he cant and his ip just got reported to the government police, he'll quickly realize hes not in kansas anymore.

Lol @ thought of baller NBA players being able to put up w living there/playing there for a day, without wanting to flee.

China's success, and any future for it, is strictly based off open n free trade, between global corporations. Not people actually wanting to/being willing to subject themselves and risk living there

TakMan

Rotation player
Chinese basketball isn't going to do shit.

A legit NBA players n talents -- or most anyone actually -- is going to want to go TO China to play their career?
:barf:

Communist country, holmes. When NBA star tries to go tweet or fb, and discovers he cant and his ip just got reported to the government police, he'll quickly realize hes not in kansas anymore.

Lol @ thought of baller NBA players being able to put up w living there/playing there for a day, without wanting to flee.

China's success, and any future for it, is strictly based off open n free trade, between global corporations. Not people actually wanting to/being willing to subject themselves and risk living there

I don't disagree with the whole Chinese basketball not progressing. However you have contradicted yourself by saying it's a Communist country that "is strictly based off open n free trade, between global corporations." China is as Communist as the U.S.A (i.e not at all.)

jimkcchief88

All Star

look at Stat is a Fraud
games 30+
Now Melo is a fraud
and he's been killing

That's funny because my bro says I "hate" players into success much the same way. Can't believe hometown boy "Starbury" got so much love here but MELO is getting hated on. Funny....

jimkcchief88

All Star
I'm just asking for your opinion, if you think calling Eddy Curry lazy is racist? Considering he's clearly the laziest fat ass big-mac eating kool-aid guzzling slob ever to grace an NBA court I just wonder if I'm racist for thinking that?

I think Eddy Curry has a real weight problem he will have to battle his whole life. I don't know the personally so I don't know if he is "lazy" or not, but I just think you have to be careful when calling professional atheletes lazy that's all. Especially when they are black it smacks of institutionalized racism to me not unlike when master called his slave that was working all day under the southern sun lazy. Most of us on this board couldn't even get up and down a NBA court one time let alone actually make a bucket or get a rebound....

KBlack25

Starter
I don't care if you are black, white, brown, yellow, green, purple, orange, blue...

Eddy Curry got paid to do a job, a job that entailed staying in shape. He elected not to stay in shape. He had more funds at his disposal than most normal people, people who scrounge $ to get a personal nutritionist to stay healthy, or people who scrounge up $ to stay in business.

Staying in shape was part of Eddy Curry's JOB. He elected not to do so. Any other person who simply elected not to do a significant portion of his or her JOB (that he or she is getting PAID FOR), that person would be considered LAZY. I'm not going to sit here and be called a racist for calling a black person lazy.

I'm not calling him lazy because he is black. He's lazy because he is lazy.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I don't disagree with the whole Chinese basketball not progressing. However you have contradicted yourself by saying it's a Communist country that "is strictly based off open n free trade, between global corporations." China is as Communist as the U.S.A (i.e not at all.)

This is incorrect as there are plenty of government owned industries and companies. Are they classic Marxists? Nope but the government does own the entire banking and domestic media industries. When a government can decide what business gets a loan or what information is allowed to be consumed it matters not that they have relinquished control over other aspects of their society. Further they artificially deflate the value of their currency in order to keep the cost of goods to a minimum. China is in for many growing pains as their middle class emerges and demands better pay and worker rights. Once that happens the world will shift focus to whatever country has the cheapest work force. China will inevitably have to shift from manufacture to some other economy just as the US did. The problem will be how quickly that will happen and the fact they have over a billion more people than the US. Rocky roads are ahead and that is certain.

TakMan

Rotation player
I think Eddy Curry has a real weight problem he will have to battle his whole life. I don't know the personally so I don't know if he is "lazy" or not, but I just think you have to be careful when calling professional atheletes lazy that's all. Especially when they are black it smacks of institutionalized racism to me not unlike when master called his slave that was working all day under the southern sun lazy. Most of us on this board couldn't even get up and down a NBA court one time let alone actually make a bucket or get a rebound....

I think it speaks volumes that we are able to use adjectives that were once embedded into the language of racists, without even considering the possibility of sounding racist when we say it. It just means that many people have moved on. It means that when we talk about a basketball player, we are referring to a basketball player and not a basketball player who happens to have a particular colour skin. I personally don't think Anthony is lazy. I do think Stoudamire is (defensively), much like Lee was before him (again on defence). This site is about basketball and basketball talk is what we do (at least in theory). I fully agree racism is nowhere near dead (Even in Europe where I am, unfortunately there appears to be a resurgence of it) But that doesn't imply that everyone on this thread follows some sort of agenda when they criticise a basketball player.

As for your last sentence regarding our physical fitness. Well speaking as an extremely lazy person I can say that even though I couldn't even run half the length of a court without passing out, I don't get paid millions to do so. That's the difference.

TakMan

Rotation player
This is incorrect as there are plenty of government owned industries and companies. Are they classic Marxists? Nope but the government does own the entire banking and domestic media industries. When a government can decide what business gets a loan or what information is allowed to be consumed it matters not that they have relinquished control over other aspects of their society. Further they artificially deflate the value of their currency in order to keep the cost of goods to a minimum. China is in for many growing pains as their middle class emerges and demands better pay and worker rights. Once that happens the world will shift focus to whatever country has the cheapest work force. China will inevitably have to shift from manufacture to some other economy just as the US did. The problem will be how quickly that will happen and the fact they have over a billion more people than the US. Rocky roads are ahead and that is certain.

Similarly one can argue that the U.S, while granting their domestic market a greater freedom, controls policy making abroad, therefore achieving large levels of state influence over the global economy. Capitalism is not akin to democracy. If anything Capitalism (at least its productive aspect) thrives most with autocracy. Hence a great number of large corporations moving their manufacturing bases to countries that are overrun by corrupt and, in many cases, brutal governments.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Similarly one can argue that the U.S, while granting their domestic market a greater freedom, controls policy making abroad, therefore achieving large levels of state influence over the global economy. Capitalism is not akin to democracy. If anything Capitalism (at least its productive aspect) thrives most with autocracy. Hence a great number of large corporations moving their manufacturing bases to countries that are overrun by corrupt and, in many cases, brutal governments.

I agree and I think true free market capitalism is a myth and unsustainable. Any extreme ideology whether it be communism or capitalism in it's purest form is doomed for failure. I am by no means a fan of American foreign policy as it's been implemented post WW2 and recognize the blood split in order to open up markets for American goods and the control of resources. That said, America is far more democratic and liberal than China and is probably the most benign empire to ever exist. China will need major reforms and another cultural revolution before they can have a true middle class society that can rival the West.

TakMan

Rotation player
I agree and I think true free market capitalism is a myth and unsustainable. Any extreme ideology whether it be communism or capitalism in it's purest form is doomed for failure. I am by no means a fan of American foreign policy as it's been implemented post WW2 and recognize the blood split in order to open up markets for American goods and the control of resources. That said, America is far more democratic and liberal than China and is probably the most benign empire to ever exist. China will need major reforms and another cultural revolution before they can have a true middle class society that can rival the West.

Definitely far more democratic than China. But let's not forget our History as well. When times were tough for the U.S, they did not hesitate to turn up the repression under the pretence of a supposed ideological threat. We had the threat of 'Anarchy' in the turn of the 20th Century which allowed police powers to implement a shoot to kill policy on workers who went on strike. There was the McCarthy era in the 50's, and let's not forget the institutionalised racism that existed way into the second half of the 20th century, and still exists in many (southern mainly) States with the passive consent of the local authorities. The war during the late 60's and early 70's, declared on the Black Panther Party who was using democratic and legal means to lift the Black community out of poverty (both economic and intellectual) was-at least- as bad as what happened in Tienanmen square in China in the late 80's.

Last edited: